300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19-2 here. Just a quick update:

I resubmitted my eQIP 5 weeks ago (April 5th). CBP Hiring Center submitted my background investigation packet to the Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) for higher level review. Still haven’t heard of an update or anything.

how long does it usually take to hear something back from your case manager? My CASS is at 50% with a blue “i” and in progress on both background investigation and drug and 3 days and pending for polygraph and final offer.

Comment

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      You aren't going to hear back from your case manager. Normal - anywhere from few weeks to a year for you to be scheduled for your polygraph. No i'm not kidding, I wish I was.

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      javi87 congrats join the club I’m in same boat as you 19-2 just waiting for my poly exam. Which port are you applying for ?

• javi87
      javi87 commented
      Editing a comment
      fonzi7979 I’m going for LAX. You?

• Hey guys, I have a question.

On Saturday 5/4 I received a call from the hiring center and the gentleman told me that my EQIP was ready to be released to OPR and I needed to verify my it and resubmit, as it was outdated. I did that on the same day and added some additional information. I still haven't received notification that it was released and it is not reflected on CASS. Do you think that adding that additional info will cause it to take longer?

Comment

• fonzi7979
      fonzi7979 commented
      Editing a comment
      email your case manager he/she will be able to help you with your concern.

• Hey 18-8 guys, have y’all done your poly yet?

Comment

• Hey guys 17-10 here waiting on BI. Just one question I recieved an email to recertify my eqip which I did and updated any information that they needed the same day. My question is does the investigator call and meet up with you before starting any field investigations or do they go right into it....??

Comment

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        regardless of what you initially picked they will still offer you whatever is available that shouldnt hold up your process...but you made it past the poly so you are almost there bro!...and holy **** eikchi 5x!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...BRO i barely made it past my first poly...hahahah..5x you are a beast..lol...i met my investigator in dec and my bi cleared in 1.5 months..but everyone is diff
        Last edited by Evolution81; 05-09-2019, 01:41 PM.

• Yongky Sunyoto
        Yongky Sunyoto commented
        Editing a comment
        can u redo poly like 5 times incase u failed?

• Swsports22
        Swsports22 commented
        Editing a comment
        I passed my poly on Friday. I hope they take my background from the current federal job. It’s a secret clearance and it cleared like 4 months ago.

• eikichi10
        eikichi10 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yongky Sunyoto No, once you failed you gotta wait at least 2 years before you can reapply. I took it 5 times because all 4 times were inconclusive.

• CBPO DH 19-8, tested on Monday 5/6 and received word this morning I passed the entrance exam. No LE/prior military experience, cyber security.

Comment

• Now that I revised my resume I received my NOR and eligibility notice for a gs-5 CBPO position. What comes next after the notice of referral and how long should the next email take?

Comment

• Is there any way to find out what location you picked during the application process? I do not remember. Is there also any way for me to change that location? And if reapplying is the only way, how does that affect the process of what I have done so far?

Medical, SI, PT, Have all been submitted/completed.

Comment

• Evolution81
            Evolution81 commented
            Editing a comment
            the location you picked is just a suggestion...it may not be available when they call you...they will offer you a list of what is available...... unless you're VRA..... then you can choose where you might go ......if they have an open slot...dont get hung up on the loc
            Last edited by Evolution81; 05-09-2019, 01:47 PM.

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            If I'm regular announcement Will they let me have dfw?

• Swsports22
            Swsports22 commented
            Editing a comment
            Just spoke with CBP headquarters. Unfortunately bc of the announcement I initially applied for was a ‘Direct Hire’ one if I want to change locations I have to apply to a new announcement. They said, and I quote, “Direct Hire announcements can only offer you locations within Arizona, New Mexico and Texas.”

So I have now applied to the new announcement CBPO GS9 19-8. I’ve done everything but the BI and Drug Test. Hopefully everything will switch over and not cause too much of a delay.

• Staerr
            Staerr commented
            Editing a comment
            Swsports22 Okay thank you for telling us. I ended up going back and checking and I just did the regular announcement that doesn’t even have the south as an option but I’m assuming I’d still get offered that first and then probably the port I chose during the application. Good luck to you! Yeah I hope it transfers as well. Would be so much easier.

• Apparently, quality control didn't like something because I have to go retake my poly at the end of May. Oh well, we'll see what happens this time around.

Comment

• Talonderiel
            Talonderiel commented
            Editing a comment
            Camelbak , I'm in the same boat. Poligrapher said he thought I past but could see some distortion that QC might not like.

Here's to round 2 for us both! :P

• Camelbak
            Camelbak commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, the examiner was pretty positive I would be fine with those results. When I left, he said good luck with the rest of the process. It's whatever really. I get the same examiner and it's only a few weeks away. I'm not worried about it.

• Well well well.....Finally got the call to have my Background Interview. I took my Poly way back in August 2018 and this is the last step other than the drug before I get an EOD. I am 18-3 applicant.
          Last edited by dannyboy33; 05-09-2019, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• Hopejoy
            Hopejoy commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats! After the field investigation you wait for the adjudication, then drug test.

• Srhernza115
            Srhernza115 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow that’s a long time waiting. Congratulations though,you’re almost there.

• JimmyW777
            JimmyW777 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, I am still on 63% and my background investigation still in process and passed my poly back in OCT 18.

• raudy06
            raudy06 commented
            Editing a comment
            congrats on reaching the next step. Just and FYI, after you meet with the Background Investigator and he submits you package , the adjudication waiting time can take up to a year depending on how complex your background/how many applications they have, how many people working on it etc. . Mine was submitted in November 27 and I just got contacted by OPR that they are starting the process of adjudicating me now after 5 months.

• Just received a call following up on how my process was going. She said I should be contacted soon. Waiting for BI and drug test.

For those of you that received a follow up call, how long after did your next step start?

Comment

• dannyboy33
            dannyboy33 commented
            Editing a comment
            So I waited 8 months before I got contacted by the Background investigator after my polygraph passing. I honestly could not believe I waited this long. I am glad they are calling people though I thought I was forgotten since I have been in the game almost 2 years

• Swsports22
            Swsports22 commented
            Editing a comment
            dannyboy33, was the announcement you applied for a regular one or direct hire? I’m being told by a recruiter that direct hire announcements get pushed through quicker.

• Danieldv9
            Danieldv9 commented
            Editing a comment
            So i got the same call about a month ago but still haven’t heard anything I’m 18-1 btw. I decided to also apply for BPA and within a month i did the fitness test, written test, and SI. Hopefully that will speed up the BI process... how long ago did you meet your investigator?

• spilker13
            spilker13 commented
            Editing a comment
            I received a call like that the week of thanksgiving last year and less than a week later got a call from BI investigator. Everything turned in right before the shut down so now I still wait. 18-4 applicant

• seeing everyone process moving so fast makes me so impatient. i did my lasik back in dec and and reapply in dec and now i am still waiting for them to send me something for my doctor to fill out... i've been waiting for 3 months already =.=

Comment

• TheChicagoKid1990
            TheChicagoKid1990 commented
            Editing a comment
            The medical did take a while for me too it sucks!

• standtheman
            standtheman commented
            Editing a comment
            @TheChicagoKid1990 yea... 3 months already and just for review... that's a freaking long wait...

• Did anyone choose Nogales, Arizona? Or considering it? I’m kind of considering it because of the incentive and because it’s down south. I want some warm weather. (Coming from NY)

Comment

• Scrappydoo
            Scrappydoo commented
            Editing a comment
            Staerr oh ok and thank you... hope everything does go quick for you and see you in Nogales if you choose to come down that way lol.....

• Staerr
            Staerr commented
            Editing a comment
            Scrappydoo lol yup see you down there! What announcement were you?

• Scrappydoo
            Scrappydoo commented
            Editing a comment
            Staerr DH 18-6

• Staerr
            Staerr commented
            Editing a comment
            Scrappydoo Ooh okay! Yeah I'm only 19-6.

• I was just asking a question, there is no need to be rude.
          Last edited by Julia1996; 05-10-2019, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• Staerr
            Staerr commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m not an expert in any of this but I think that would look fishy if you were to change the time in your favor. But they take many consideration into account aside from just what. Usage, time, how much, etc.

“Yes. CBP has guidelines which have an unfavorable recommendation for employment if the applicant has used marijuana, anabolic steroids, or misused prescription drugs (used someone else’s prescription, used a prescription for recreational as opposed to medical purposes, etc.) within the 24 months prior to application to work for CBP. CBP guidelines have an unfavorable recommendation for employment if the applicant has used other Schedule I-V drugs (cocaine, methamphetamine, heroine, etc.) within the 36 months prior to
            application to work for CBP.” From CBP’s site.

• stanford.west
            stanford.west commented
            Editing a comment
            So what you’re saying is that you wanna put falsify your application? Great fed cop you will be. Prime example of why we all have to take polygraphs.

• YOUNG718
            YOUNG718 commented
            Editing a comment
            Please find another line of work.

• mariosa83
            mariosa83 commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree with Young718 find another line of work. If you are even thinking about falsifying information in your application you are not DHS/BOP/CBP material.

• Please tell me that was a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Julia1996 View Post
            I got an e-mail saying I have to make some corrections to e-quip. Now the first time I put that I smoked weed a year ago but I heard that if you smoked less than 2 years ago they won't hire you. Can I change that on the e-quip now or are they gonna know?
            Yall talking crap...bet money she gets hired because that's how the fed works kidos....never mind that Marine with 2 masters degrees that has never done drugs in his life, but fails the poly anyway...give me that 21 year old that works asset protection for Target that just smoked weed last night please!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6204 users online. 235 members and 5969 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X