Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• birdman123 sorry to hear that the poly did not work out for you but I have seen some posts where a candidate is told that he/she failed and once updated on the CASS they passed or they receive email for a retest. I’m waiting for my poly exam too for JFK. I think they weigh the poly heavily as the main factor and I am a bit confused as it is made up of 3 parts when they are looking for suitability. Any advise for those of us who are awaiting for their poly exam? It will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Camelbak
      Camelbak commented
      Editing a comment
      The best advice I can give after today is:

Dress the part. The email said casual attire was fine, but I still came in business casual. First impressions mean a lot when building a rapport.

Listen to the examiner.

Disclose everything and I mean everything. It doesn’t matter how stupid, embarrassing, or insignificant it might be. If it’s on your mind just tell them.

Don’t overthink it.

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      you actually want to be comfortable business casual is fine...key is snacks/water bed rest...confidence..listen....and DONT MOVE!.and to the point answers....you can build a rapport but dont talk too much....you can tell the truth all you want but people still fail

• Did you email them and ask to review it and maybe they will offer you a retest because it was mentioned on your testing day by the person that gave you the exam? I doesn’t hurt to ask.

Comment

• Camelbak thanks for the insight. I am probably overthinking it it has been 15 years for me since I was on an interview process like this. Will be my first time with the poly exam it seems intimidating. Just curious did you experience any difficulty in the sense of being interrogating. I am asking because I seen posts on this forum that is very discouraging. It seems who gave you the exam was a professional and was looking to help you get through this together. I hope the examiner that I get is that way too. Unfortunately there are always some bad apples on both ends of the table. Thanks again for clarifying.

Comment

• Camelbak
        Camelbak commented
        Editing a comment
        This was also my first polygraph. I never felt like I was being interrogated. However, there were times I could tell he was digging, but that's part of the job, to uncover the truth. So I had no issues with that. This guy was a great examiner, if I could somehow left feedback on him I would have. If more candidates got examiners like him, I think there would be less horror stories.

• Camelbak you are 100% right about that. Hopefully CBP has looked closely at how the exam has been administered with those examiners that actually their to assist with the process to make it more like a team effort with one goal to actually get the candidate through it in a positive manner regardless of the outcome and have CBP be the judge of the results not the examiner. From all the videos I seen posted on cbp.gov that is what they want I think the examiners should follow CBP’s protocol and not their own. Thank you again for your insight and good luck with the rest of the processes.

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey fonzi7979 just a suggestion, you can reply under the same thread instead of making a new post every time. This forum is already thousand of pages long. Good luck in your process.

• The biggest thing to focus on is trying to stay as still as possible. During my test, and during the last section which he said I didn't pass on, he had told me to stop moving and then got visibly irate and raised his voice a bit and said he wasn't going to repeat it again. This caused me to get more nervous, as I genuinely could not feel myself moving at all and I was doing everything in my power not to move. I was then starting to think perhaps even my breathing was causing me to move too much so I started taking shallower breaths which was making my headache and nervousness even worse. The machine tests for any physiological changes to your body, so movement is 100% a big factor in that. Another thing that really offset me was I would answer the question and think in the back of my mind about how I don't want to cause a false-positive because they have a 30-second delay after you answer, I assume to analyze the charts or whatnot. Another thing is the fact that the test isn't 100% accurate, so whatever method you have to do to calm yourself, go with it. At one point, I had answered a question and thought to myself after "wait a minute, did I answer that question incorrectly?" I'm sure this caused me to show up as what would be deemed an untruthful response. At the end of the day, there's really not much else I can say other than to just listen to the examiner, stay consistent and try not to overthink it. It would have been nice to be given the opportunity to retest to see how I did the second time around, but it is what it is.

Comment

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        you modifying your breathing was one of the causes of you failing..i call that deploying counter measures...and you failed because of that ......the machine detected you were being deceptive due to that...DO NOT try to modify your breathing just listen to the admin and do..LOL

• Yongky Sunyoto
        Yongky Sunyoto commented
        Editing a comment
        i tend to hold my breath when trying to focus on hearing what ppl says, is that a bad thing to do?

• fort1978
        fort1978 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yongky Sunyoto when you go for the Poly just relax and follow the examiner's instructions to the tee, and everything will be fine I had to take it 3 times before I finally passed in Newark N.J.

• It would've been nice to try again, but I must've totally bombed it to get an unfavorable email in only 3 days. I mean, the examiner was cool at the end and told me he didn't think I was lying, but he couldn't pass me and that he still thinks I make a great candidate for the job. Definitely was nice to hear and I think that holds more weight than a machine. There's other agencies, I'm fine with it.

Comment

• I took my polygraph recently and was there for over 4 hours and did not even end up taking the polygraph. They kept sending me into a waiting area, and at one point they had me in there for almost an hour. This was on 4/30, and I have not heard back yet about re-scheduling. The issue was something in my background that I disclosed before the test, he said he has to get approval before administering the test. My BI on CASS also changed to “pending” now.

Comment

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          Must have been something pretty serious

• Anthony_525
          Anthony_525 commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn’t think so, but we will see what happens.

• YOUNG718
          YOUNG718 commented
          Editing a comment
          Never heard that before. Doesn't sound good. Ultimately, it's up to QC to decide so until you get the thanks but no thanks letter/e-mail, keep trucking.

• I'm 19-4 and put in a preference of Newark NJ - if I want to switch my preference to Baltimore MD i'd have to reapply with a new announcement, correct? I'd assume any of the things I've completed would transfer over, would this "restart" my process and my time so far be a waste or do I just continue as is.

I'm 50% in CASS atm waiting for poly but we know thats going to be awhile.

**Edited**

Screw it I switched locations - if this ends up working out I rather have done it to a location I'd want to be.
        Last edited by corsair; 05-04-2019, 09:55 PM.
        CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
        EQIP - Completed
        Medical Exam - Completed
        Structured Interview - Completed
        Fitness Test - Completed
        Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          If your a regular announcement you get more choices.

Someone recently said they were dh and got JFK which is odd.

• JPOL
          JPOL commented
          Editing a comment
          That was me, I mistyped and edited my mistake. Thanks for pointing it out, I'm NH. Hal29

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Makes sense.....lol. I'm also regular announcement.

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          Although Baltimore is only 3 hours away I rather just make sure its my preference incase its not offered - with JFK and a few others being close I don't want to risk it.

• Finally got the call! Cbp! Yesssss!
        Eod aug 8 academy aug 23rd

Comment

• MattCBP
          MattCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          which port?

• MMatthews
          MMatthews commented
          Editing a comment
          what announcement were you

• Reesesh
          Reesesh commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry guys about the late reply! I applied for Long Beach/ LAX and I chose LAX and was lucky enough that there were openings for LAX airport. feel sooo blessed and lucky. Any of you going to LAX or FLETC Aug 23rd

• Reesesh
          Reesesh commented
          Editing a comment
          I was VRA 18-1

• I just got the call Last week. EOD Aug 8th -Aug 23rd Academy i got offered LAX! SUPER EXCITED

Comment

• dalan
          dalan commented
          Editing a comment
          Congratualtions!! How long was your process if you don't mind me asking.

• How long after you guys are getting referred to TSU is it taking to get the call? I got referred 3 days ago.

Comment

• It looks like it all depends on the need of that port or border which determines the time frame. What announcement are you in just tying to get an understanding of how long before I get the call to my polyexam.

Comment

• I applied under 17-6

EDIT: I'm going on 2 years this month.

Comment

• jamoranto
              jamoranto commented
              Editing a comment
              CGK0311 where are you in the process?

I’m 17-11, waiting for BI and Drug Test. It has been 19 months since I applied. I thought my wait was long.

• Hopejoy
              Hopejoy commented
              Editing a comment
              Do medical and fitness tests expire after 2 or 1 year?

• Hal29
              Hal29 commented
              Editing a comment
              My medical carried over from 2017, but had to retake fitness today.

• YOUNG718
              YOUNG718 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hmmm.. 0311.. it's probably cause you're INFANTRY!! just kidding.. God loves the Infantry.. I was 17-10 and I just got the call last week. MHC called again today to confirm my EOD and sector. I don't know how far you are in the process but keep driving forward!!

• Good Luck to all and thank you to all that have been forth coming and sharing your progress along the way.

Comment

• Hal29
              Hal29 commented
              Editing a comment
              Appreciate the good thoughts.

• Has anyone in CBP announcement 19-2 received email or phone call for the poly exam. I’m curious I see previous announcements and also those announcements after 19-2 are getting appointments.

Comment

• Hal29
              Hal29 commented
              Editing a comment
              Issues with my credit. I've paid off a few things and documentation on a few others. Submitted in equip and gonna submit to bi investigator too.

• Hopejoy
              Hopejoy commented
              Editing a comment
              Are you talking about debts that you are making regular payments on? Debts such as student loans....etc.

• Hal29
              Hal29 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes student loans, old credit cards. Stuff like that. Not mortgage or car. Those are already getting paid on. Past debts.
              Last edited by Hal29; 05-07-2019, 08:10 AM.

• Hopejoy
              Hopejoy commented
              Editing a comment
              So, the issue arises not because an applicant has student loans for example, but it becomes a concern when the applicant has issues such as making payments.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9118 users online. 452 members and 8666 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X