300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPOL View Post
    Does your BI call you from a private number? Do they send emails?
    did they leave voice message if u happen didnt receive the call?

Comment

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      i always picked uped...so i dunno...but i assume they would leave a message

• Yongky Sunyoto
      Yongky Sunyoto commented
      Editing a comment
      19-3 here too. no medical clearance despite i do that on feb, passes SI tho so ill just wait

• Passed my SI. I guess this is the dreaded waiting game I hear y’all talk about.

Comment

• Does anyone here with announcement 19-3? and how ya processing right now? my medical is waiting forever to get clear.

Comment

• standtheman
        standtheman commented
        Editing a comment
        Jas423323 wow your process is moving so quick... where are you located and which port are you trying to apply to ?

• standtheman
        standtheman commented
        Editing a comment
        nickg317 in my cass, the Eip already went green so i guess they already released it.

• Jas423323
        Jas423323 commented
        Editing a comment
        standtheman I applied for the LAX GS-9 Direct hire

• standtheman
        standtheman commented
        Editing a comment
        Jas423323 the hell? i am applying for LAX too and i am still waiting =.=

• EE302 join the club I’m in 19-2 announcement and waiting to here back with poly exam date and time. I’m hoping to see anyone get scheduled if that’s the case then maybe it may be sooner than later. From all the information that I was able to gather looking at 6 months or more. Which port are you applying for?

Comment

• EE302
        EE302 commented
        Editing a comment
        I applied to Baltimore port.

• So I haven’t posted in a while but I thought I’d give an update on my progress so far so that others who are waiting might get a sense of the timeline. After 7 months and a couple emails to the local recruiter, my follow up medical finally cleared Minneapolis. About two months later in mid-April I took my poly and got a verbal pass with the official update from QC about a week later. Approx. two weeks after the passing the poly I got scheduled for the drug test and am awaiting the results of that and the BI. I’m originally an 18-5 and have been in the process for over a year now and can say that it SEEMS like things are finally starting to speed up. My two cents is that the medical reviews are the longest part of the process and what is causing such slow hiring but c est la vie.

For those of you who have made it all the way through the process, what kind of time turnaround did you have between passing the drug test and getting the call for EOD? Trying to guage when I should start getting my affairs in order and would appreciate any and all feedback.

Comment

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        Its funny you say that - I passed through medical in about a month. I tried to make sense of the process but I learned theres no point haha. I'm glad you got some movement, best of luck maple head!

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        Delete me please
        Last edited by Evolution81; 05-02-2019, 09:43 AM.

• TX_SN
        TX_SN commented
        Editing a comment
        From the time I took the drug test to getting the call (last week) it took five days. The app hadn't even updated yet. I'm 18-7.

• Why do YOU want to be a customs and border protection officer?

Comment

• Yongky Sunyoto
        Yongky Sunyoto commented
        Editing a comment
        thats the question of SI officer when he took my fingerprint

• Hey guys, I applied for CBPO in the 18-8 job announcement. I passed my medical finally on Feb 25th. The medical unit reached out to me and the lady was amazing to say the least. I have been patiently waiting for my Polygraph since then. I have reached out to them for information in regards to scheduling a poly, but only have gotten generic answers. I have guys that I worked with who applied in December and have received their poly. It is a very interesting process to say the least. Can anyone give me some insight on what to do next? This is my second time applying for the job. I went against the voodoo box and failed in 2013. Hopefully the outcome will be different this time. A little info I received from the APD @ LAX, they are looking to hire many officers since the airport is expanding greatly. If you're not opposed to the high cost of living, traffic, and enormous hordes of people, and want a airport as their port, I highly recommend applying for LAX. Thank you in advance, and good luck to everyone who has applied or is on their way to GA.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm 18-8 too, PATEL1990 and been waiting just like you... I don't know but feel like they forgot about us 18-8s... I just emailed cbpapplicantcontactcenter@cbp.dhs.gov and they opened a case number about it, hopefully they can do something because 9 months waiting for poly is too long, maybe you can try to email them too...

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        Literally all the reasons why I would not work @ lax...alot of moving parts in cbp...ton of applicants not enough poly admins...nothing you can do about it stop crying and be patient...complaining will not do anything...go on with life like you never applied
        Last edited by Evolution81; 05-02-2019, 09:47 AM.

• standtheman
        standtheman commented
        Editing a comment
        PATEL1990 i am applying for LAX too. looking foward to see you and work together with you brother.

• radsavage
        radsavage commented
        Editing a comment
        im 18-6 bro and got cleared medically on march 20 2019 and im waiting for my poly date, fingers crossed its very soon

• So I been watching from the outside for a while now. Here is my timeline. Applied for 19-4 GL9 for BPA and CBPO both VRA

Feb received TO
      March completed SI green check mark
      March completed Medical green check mark
      April completed PT green check mark
      April Equip release to OPM with green check mark
      May 21 is my scheduled polygraph
      drug test in progress no date yet
      BI in progress
      final offer in pending
      Last edited by Luisito80; 05-02-2019, 07:40 AM.

Comment

• I see that there is no real time frame to when you get notified for the polygraph exam. I guess it is by case by case necessity based on your location. I am from New York and applying for JFK and I could only imagine how many applicants have selected that port so I guess the wait time will depend on how many openings are available before they start selecting candidates to schedule their polygraph exam.

Comment

• Luisito80 thanks for sharing your time frame with this forum. It seems like you are moving rather quickly with your application.

Comment

• Hey guys. So I went in for my second poly after being told QC wanted some additional testing done. After I went through the question set 4 or 5 times the Examiner outright told me I failed the exam because it seems I had trouble with one question. I'm pretty sure it was a scare tactic given that I was telling the truth for that and every other question. They also said I should be getting a phone call in the next week or two about my results, and I should update my home address via the hiring center after I move, which is in two weeks. All that considered, its weird they told me that after they said I failed. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

Comment

• Evolution81
              Evolution81 commented
              Editing a comment
              if they told you failed...you most likely failed...they usually let you know when you passed...but until you get the email its whatever

• Phoenix well this is a new one. Did you email them or call the hiring center to find out your status? I’m 19-2 awaiting for my poly to be scheduled.

Comment

• Phoenix77
              Phoenix77 commented
              Editing a comment
              @fonzi979 I just called them to update the address, but no change as far as status. The exam was today so I didn't expect any movement that fast.

• 19-3 GS-9 direct hire I just got The call today with an offer EOD of 8/5/19 and academy date of 8/23/19-1/7/20

Comment

• Reesesh
              Reesesh commented
              Editing a comment
              @ jas! I have the same Academy date! But did you count Language School? Where will u be stationed? I got LAX

• nhb_zoey
              nhb_zoey commented
              Editing a comment
              Jas423323 you applied December and already got hired goddamn! What region you pick? and BP or CBP? I applied since June 18 and still haven’t gotten my Poly /: congrats!
              Last edited by nhb_zoey; 05-05-2019, 05:25 PM. Reason: Fixed typo.

• Jas423323
              Jas423323 commented
              Editing a comment
              Reesesh what announcement where you and yeah I know the additional 6 weeks but I know Spanish so I should be good on that and i got Calexico i wanted LAX but they said it wasn’t Available for my announcement ..see you at Flec
              Last edited by Jas423323; 05-06-2019, 12:32 AM.

• Jas423323
              Jas423323 commented
              Editing a comment
              nhb_zoey thanks and CBP and California region and keep your head up it will happen

• Jas423323 as

Comment

• Typo. I was wondering how long was your timeline from star to finish. Did you have to take the polygraph as well

Comment

• Jas423323
                Jas423323 commented
                Editing a comment
                I applied December and I took my poly on 4/24 and got a verbal pass from the examiner and got the email from Quality control saying I passed two days later and had my drug test today and got the call with the offer and EOD of 8/5 today

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10053 users online. 421 members and 9632 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X