Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luisito80 thanks for sharing your time frame with this forum. It seems like you are moving rather quickly with your application.

Comment

• Hey guys. So I went in for my second poly after being told QC wanted some additional testing done. After I went through the question set 4 or 5 times the Examiner outright told me I failed the exam because it seems I had trouble with one question. I'm pretty sure it was a scare tactic given that I was telling the truth for that and every other question. They also said I should be getting a phone call in the next week or two about my results, and I should update my home address via the hiring center after I move, which is in two weeks. All that considered, its weird they told me that after they said I failed. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

Comment

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        if they told you failed...you most likely failed...they usually let you know when you passed...but until you get the email its whatever

• Phoenix well this is a new one. Did you email them or call the hiring center to find out your status? I’m 19-2 awaiting for my poly to be scheduled.

Comment

• Phoenix77
        Phoenix77 commented
        Editing a comment
        @fonzi979 I just called them to update the address, but no change as far as status. The exam was today so I didn't expect any movement that fast.

• 19-3 GS-9 direct hire I just got The call today with an offer EOD of 8/5/19 and academy date of 8/23/19-1/7/20

Comment

• Reesesh
        Reesesh commented
        Editing a comment
        @ jas! I have the same Academy date! But did you count Language School? Where will u be stationed? I got LAX

• nhb_zoey
        nhb_zoey commented
        Editing a comment
        Jas423323 you applied December and already got hired goddamn! What region you pick? and BP or CBP? I applied since June 18 and still haven’t gotten my Poly /: congrats!
        Last edited by nhb_zoey; 05-05-2019, 06:25 PM. Reason: Fixed typo.

• Jas423323
        Jas423323 commented
        Editing a comment
        Reesesh what announcement where you and yeah I know the additional 6 weeks but I know Spanish so I should be good on that and i got Calexico i wanted LAX but they said it wasn’t Available for my announcement ..see you at Flec
        Last edited by Jas423323; 05-06-2019, 01:32 AM.

• Jas423323
        Jas423323 commented
        Editing a comment
        nhb_zoey thanks and CBP and California region and keep your head up it will happen

• Jas423323 as

Comment

• Typo. I was wondering how long was your timeline from star to finish. Did you have to take the polygraph as well

Comment

• Jas423323
          Jas423323 commented
          Editing a comment
          I applied December and I took my poly on 4/24 and got a verbal pass from the examiner and got the email from Quality control saying I passed two days later and had my drug test today and got the call with the offer and EOD of 8/5 today

• Jas423323 thats amazing I applied in November and I just finished my SI last month and was told to wait up to a year to take my Polygraph. Is there someone I should call

Comment

• CBPO-DFW
          CBPO-DFW commented
          Editing a comment
          1 year to 2 years is normal, some may take up to 4 years before they get the call!

• I’m looking to get into NY port that could be the delay.

Comment

• txm44
          txm44 commented
          Editing a comment
          I applied 1/2018 for jfk, I just got my poly date last week for May 20th. I’m currently a LEO, and this process has no rhyme or reason. Just gotta take it as it comes and see what happens.

• Do you think that your port of choice plays a part in when you get scheduled for your polygraph? I had SI last month on southern border and one of the guys told me usually 8-12 weeks after SI, but honestly it’s much longer than that lol

Comment

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm sure it might have a minor play but who knows. I applied for Newark, NJ i'm sure me and the other 10000 people are waiting for a poly lol.

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe.

Priority ports, chronically problem ports, major ports and influential ports probably jump to the front of the line.

They usually do for most things.

• The port you choose has some say to when you receive poly because some ports are larger than others but at the same time like JFK and Newark being large ports also have a high applicant count which will take longer to get the call or email but also depends what they are trying to fill in whether it’s GS5 GS7 or GS9 is needed. What I can see is that it seems like it’s a raffle drawing.

Comment

• EE302
          EE302 commented
          Editing a comment
          I applied GS9 so hopefully they look at them first.

• Has anyone taken the polygraph at JFK location or in Valley Stream NY. I hope there were no horror stories of interrogation to them. I keep hearing applicants are not passing the poly because of some scare tactics. It seems like if you do not pass the poly they do not weigh any other steps to make hiring decision. They should have made the polygraph as the first step in this process rather than make the applicants go through all these steps which mean nothing along the way.

Comment

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree with Evolution81, why waste $3k+ per applicant when they can eliminate people hand over fist for dollars in comparison.

• Seminoles44
          Seminoles44 commented
          Editing a comment
          Evolution81 out of curiosity, how do you know each test costs 3k? Is that number confirmed?

• Evolution81
          Evolution81 commented
          Editing a comment
          oig report

https://www.oig.dhs.gov/sites/defaul...-ma-080417.pdf

CBP raised concerns regarding our cost estimate for conducting polygraph
          examinations on applicants who made unsuitable admissions during the pretest interview. CBP said that our methodology may have resulted in an
          overstatement of cases and associated costs. As stated in the report, our
          estimate could have been higher because we excluded cases where applicants
          made unsuitable admissions during both the pre and post-test interviews. For
          purposes of this report, we only included pre-test admissions because we could
          not separate the “both” category. In addition, the cost estimate of $2,200 per
          polygraph is based on CBP’s budget information it provided at the time of the
          alert. As a result, our cost estimate was understated rather than overstated.

Understated so i assume 3000+
          Last edited by Evolution81; 05-03-2019, 08:39 PM.

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          The polygraph is a result of a law passed by Congress and signed by President Obama.
          If it weren't for that, CBP wouldn't have it.

In many ways, considering that the polygraph has a 70ish percentage non-passing rate, it makes plenty sense to schedule it first. It's not like all the other steps in the process cost pennies. The agency is spending hundreds, if not thousands of dollars for each step in the process.

• Just got the Call an hour ago! EOD 5AUG - 28JAN!!

Last edited by YOUNG718; 05-03-2019, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• Yongky Sunyoto
          Yongky Sunyoto commented
          Editing a comment
          fort1978, did the BI stage initiated after poly?, or its a progress from start?

• YOUNG718
          YOUNG718 commented
          Editing a comment
          fort1978 I already passed BI.. got the call for my official EOD date on Friday!

• fort1978
          fort1978 commented
          Editing a comment
          The BI will not get started until you pass the Poly.

• YOUNG718
          YOUNG718 commented
          Editing a comment
          That's not necessarily true. Preliminary checks WILL be conducted prior to the poly and that is the beginning of your BI. The FIELD INVESTIGATION will begin after a successful polygraph exam and that is the last stages of a BI.

• Took my poly today, I got a verbal pass. The examiner was real cool and professional, it took around two hours. It wasn't a bad experience at all.

CBPO 19-1 GS-7

Applied- 10/30/18
        Exam- 11/01/18
        NoR- 11/05/18
        TO- 11/09/18
        e-QIP submitted- 11/14/18
        Medical- 11/19/18
        e-QIP released to ORP- 11/20/18
        PFT- 11/26/18
        SI- 12/03/18
        Poly- 5/3/19 (verbal pass)

Comment

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          Hell yeah Camelbak - where did you take your poly?

• Camelbak
          Camelbak commented
          Editing a comment
          It was in San Diego.

• pnw360
          pnw360 commented
          Editing a comment
          This gives me some hope. I'm 19-1 but GS-5 on the West Coast. Fingers crossed I hear something in the near future about the poly.

• Ight fellas, 18-6(3/2018) here and i finally can post some good news. I got an email for my polygraph for May 8th in Chicago(picked Detroit because there was no Chicago location for cbp, but i'm not complaining). Just waiting on the polygrapher to get back to me and make it official.

Comment

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          Thats great news going into the weekend - best of luck rad!

• radsavage
          radsavage commented
          Editing a comment
          thanks fam im going in confident and im going to pass it

• Originally posted by txm44 View Post
        18-3, finally received poly date email for 5/20.
        In valley stream NY. Anybody take it here recently?
        glad to see some movement after all this time.
        Yes I took mine there on 4/30 just got my NOR that I failed and was told by examiner I failed too. Unfortunately the test is very flawed.... at the end the examiner said to me “I don’t think you were lying, but you must’ve had other things on your mind that tripped you up, and I can’t pass you today” and said he could help me get a retest and that I’d make a great candidate. The whole time I’m thinking in my head well sir I’ve been here 6 hours I have a splitting headache, I’m just ready to go home... and I’m thinking there’s no way they’re going to waste time/resources etc, to retest me. The guy flew in from Florida I’m all the way here in NY. Anyway, i was glad to have closure and see that I had officially failed instead of waiting weeks wondering what the outcome is. Only advice I have for you is try to focus and picture yourself at the beach or something as you’re basically blanking out at the wall and definitely not moving is one of the biggest things too. He said the fact that I was moving didn’t help me either, but i genuinely couldn’t even tell.... the machine is beyond sensitive.... anyway I failed at the very end apparently, but I don’t trust that... examiners they will probably tell you anything to get you riled up and have you sweat it out, I could have failed the last part or maybe even the whole test, who knows... either way I’m not gonna beat myself up, I told the truth and for him to say he doesn’t think I was lying and that id make a great candidate was nice to hear whether he meant it or not. there’s a 70% failure rate so I wasn’t so shocked when he said I failed it was my first time even taking a poly... Be confident and believe in yourself. good luck. You can always pm me any other questions you have. At the end of the day it does suck to have failed even knowing I was truthful, but maybe it’s not meant to be..2 years isn’t such a long wait to be in the penalty box, so it’s not the end of the world. I still hold a stable federal job, so I am just going to keep my head up and know what to expect should i ever take another in the future.
        Last edited by birdman123; 05-03-2019, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• Evolution81
          Evolution81 commented
          Editing a comment
          sucks bro..but look at it like this its only 2 years and you can reapply...COnfidence is Key as well as NOT moving and following the admins instructions! and bed rest!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11076 users online. 401 members and 10675 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X