Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So if I'm not able to get my preferred locations dfw or Colorado. I will most likely go with Arizona. Nogales most likely. Phoenix area is to expensive, if it's even an option.

Anyway my question is. What is the Spanish courses like. I don't know much of Spanish and it's been over 20 years since I took any courses.

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      You know what's crazy. They say you got 10 days to complete equip but only gave me 7? Wtf.

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 , My buddies in CBPO say that the course is a firehose, but it's complete immersion. You'll only hear Spanish while in it. They were, as I lovingly put it, Tennessee Hillbillies and now they can speak vocational Spanish.

I was limited proficiency in speaking, hearing, writing Spanish with the military after studying Castilian Spanish from 6th Grade through all of High School... and very broken Puerto Rican/Cuban/Domican Spanish from living in Florida. I say all this to say, the Spanish Course they put non-speakers through does an amazing job taking them from zero to where I was after 6 years of studying.

Short of living in a country, immersed, or dating a native speaker (the reason any of us young males take a language if we are honest :P ) .... I'd say it's a good program, but isn't impossibly challenging.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 I got 5 days to complete eqip, it took them couple days to send me the code... actually I waited few days and finally had to contact them for the code..

• Hopefully this helps some looking for that positive step forward.

Applied GS9 VRA 18-7: 05/2018
    EQUIP PASS:06/2018
    FITNESS PASS:06/2018
    MEDICAL PASS:06/2018
    SI:07/2018
    POLY:04/2019
    BI:04/2019
    DRUG:04/2019
    CALL:04/2019

Comment

• 878bg I been following this forum since I applying back in November and it is sad to see that for every 3 candidates that take the poly 2 fail and one passes the exam. Based on what I have read my best advise to you is to email [email protected] as they will be able to review your poly exam for quality control and possibly reverse their decision and provide you another exam. It’s worth a shot nothing to lose more to gain.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        approx. 75% failure rate is what it said on CBP annual report. More than USSS, FBI, ICE, DEA or any Fed agency.. fonzi7979 I know couple people just failed for the "serious crimes" question too. Some currently are holding secret clearance. I emailed that address on your comment like 150 times, lol, never got response from them.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        CBP, at least many of those in charge, loves its shotgun approach to the polygraph. They don't really see the many that fail needlessly 'cause they elect not to see them. They see only the few who confess to serious abhorrent behaviors during the greater polygraph process.

• V_AntCBP wow amazing your email response back will be from this it will create a case number for your concern will be from here [email protected]

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        fonzi7979 I think I emailed them too. lol and got the generic response, your file is released to OPR, blah blah... you will be contacted for poly by a BI. blah blah.. keep monitoring phone calls, emails... lol smh but I will email them again to see what happens.

• Does your BI call you from a private number? Do they send emails?

Comment

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        regular# usually local area code...i did not receive emails

• Taking CBPO exam in a couple weeks. Took the BPA exam, scored a 95. Does anyone know how similar they are? Or rather, what I should focus on in preparation for the CBPO exam? Logic games and reasoning is easy enough to a certain extent, but the arithmetic would probably trip me up a little.

I passed DEA's Diversion Investigator exam as well, which had some math. I would venture to guess they aren't similar math problems though.

Comment

• jdop7
        jdop7 commented
        Editing a comment
        The cbp website has a great study guide that pretty much covers everything that will be on the cbpo entrance exam. When I took the exam, I only used that study guide and I got a 93. Make sure you brush up on your math and follow what the study guide has to offer. The english/grammar portion is quite straight forward and it isn't too bad as long as long as you know how to use proper grammar (like know when to use commas) and know how to differentiate between "they're, their, and there" and the like. You might also receive a couple of spelling questions. As far as similarities between the BP and CBPO exams go, the logical reasoning is pretty much the same style. And don't forget to work swiftly, it is a timed exam! Considering that you received a 95 on the BPA exam, I wouldn't be too worried. Good luck!

• Originally posted by JPOL View Post
      Does your BI call you from a private number? Do they send emails?
      did they leave voice message if u happen didnt receive the call?

Comment

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        i always picked uped...so i dunno...but i assume they would leave a message

• Yongky Sunyoto
        Yongky Sunyoto commented
        Editing a comment
        19-3 here too. no medical clearance despite i do that on feb, passes SI tho so ill just wait

• Passed my SI. I guess this is the dreaded waiting game I hear y’all talk about.

Comment

• Does anyone here with announcement 19-3? and how ya processing right now? my medical is waiting forever to get clear.

Comment

• standtheman
          standtheman commented
          Editing a comment
          Jas423323 wow your process is moving so quick... where are you located and which port are you trying to apply to ?

• standtheman
          standtheman commented
          Editing a comment
          nickg317 in my cass, the Eip already went green so i guess they already released it.

• Jas423323
          Jas423323 commented
          Editing a comment
          standtheman I applied for the LAX GS-9 Direct hire

• standtheman
          standtheman commented
          Editing a comment
          Jas423323 the hell? i am applying for LAX too and i am still waiting =.=

• EE302 join the club I’m in 19-2 announcement and waiting to here back with poly exam date and time. I’m hoping to see anyone get scheduled if that’s the case then maybe it may be sooner than later. From all the information that I was able to gather looking at 6 months or more. Which port are you applying for?

Comment

• EE302
          EE302 commented
          Editing a comment
          I applied to Baltimore port.

• So I haven’t posted in a while but I thought I’d give an update on my progress so far so that others who are waiting might get a sense of the timeline. After 7 months and a couple emails to the local recruiter, my follow up medical finally cleared Minneapolis. About two months later in mid-April I took my poly and got a verbal pass with the official update from QC about a week later. Approx. two weeks after the passing the poly I got scheduled for the drug test and am awaiting the results of that and the BI. I’m originally an 18-5 and have been in the process for over a year now and can say that it SEEMS like things are finally starting to speed up. My two cents is that the medical reviews are the longest part of the process and what is causing such slow hiring but c est la vie.

For those of you who have made it all the way through the process, what kind of time turnaround did you have between passing the drug test and getting the call for EOD? Trying to guage when I should start getting my affairs in order and would appreciate any and all feedback.

Comment

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          Its funny you say that - I passed through medical in about a month. I tried to make sense of the process but I learned theres no point haha. I'm glad you got some movement, best of luck maple head!

• Evolution81
          Evolution81 commented
          Editing a comment
          Delete me please
          Last edited by Evolution81; 05-02-2019, 10:43 AM.

• TX_SN
          TX_SN commented
          Editing a comment
          From the time I took the drug test to getting the call (last week) it took five days. The app hadn't even updated yet. I'm 18-7.

• Why do YOU want to be a customs and border protection officer?

Comment

• Yongky Sunyoto
          Yongky Sunyoto commented
          Editing a comment
          thats the question of SI officer when he took my fingerprint

• Hey guys, I applied for CBPO in the 18-8 job announcement. I passed my medical finally on Feb 25th. The medical unit reached out to me and the lady was amazing to say the least. I have been patiently waiting for my Polygraph since then. I have reached out to them for information in regards to scheduling a poly, but only have gotten generic answers. I have guys that I worked with who applied in December and have received their poly. It is a very interesting process to say the least. Can anyone give me some insight on what to do next? This is my second time applying for the job. I went against the voodoo box and failed in 2013. Hopefully the outcome will be different this time. A little info I received from the APD @ LAX, they are looking to hire many officers since the airport is expanding greatly. If you're not opposed to the high cost of living, traffic, and enormous hordes of people, and want a airport as their port, I highly recommend applying for LAX. Thank you in advance, and good luck to everyone who has applied or is on their way to GA.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm 18-8 too, PATEL1990 and been waiting just like you... I don't know but feel like they forgot about us 18-8s... I just emailed [email protected] and they opened a case number about it, hopefully they can do something because 9 months waiting for poly is too long, maybe you can try to email them too...

• Evolution81
          Evolution81 commented
          Editing a comment
          Literally all the reasons why I would not work @ lax...alot of moving parts in cbp...ton of applicants not enough poly admins...nothing you can do about it stop crying and be patient...complaining will not do anything...go on with life like you never applied
          Last edited by Evolution81; 05-02-2019, 10:47 AM.

• standtheman
          standtheman commented
          Editing a comment
          PATEL1990 i am applying for LAX too. looking foward to see you and work together with you brother.

• radsavage
          radsavage commented
          Editing a comment
          im 18-6 bro and got cleared medically on march 20 2019 and im waiting for my poly date, fingers crossed its very soon

• So I been watching from the outside for a while now. Here is my timeline. Applied for 19-4 GL9 for BPA and CBPO both VRA

Feb received TO
        March completed SI green check mark
        March completed Medical green check mark
        April completed PT green check mark
        April Equip release to OPM with green check mark
        May 21 is my scheduled polygraph
        drug test in progress no date yet
        BI in progress
        final offer in pending
        Last edited by Luisito80; 05-02-2019, 08:40 AM.

Comment

• I see that there is no real time frame to when you get notified for the polygraph exam. I guess it is by case by case necessity based on your location. I am from New York and applying for JFK and I could only imagine how many applicants have selected that port so I guess the wait time will depend on how many openings are available before they start selecting candidates to schedule their polygraph exam.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10423 users online. 380 members and 10043 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X