Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am currently on the 19-5 Job opening and chose Dulles, Va. I wanted to know what if I now want to choose Queens NY especially since it was also in the same opening. Is that something I talk about when they give me an offer?

Comment

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      JPOL are you VRA?

• JPOL
      JPOL commented
      Editing a comment
      No I am NH.
      Last edited by JPOL; 05-05-2019, 03:06 PM.

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Seems weird to have NY on a DH - aren't those normally southern boarder only?

• JPOL
      JPOL commented
      Editing a comment
      I updated my post, I meant to say Normal HIre.

• Anyone know anything about ports in Colorado or surrounding areas? Just out of curiosity.

Comment

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 , Ports in Colorado sound like they would have an excellent work-life balance!

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes it would seem that way. They have a few ports there just never see it in any announcements.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Except for Denver you're looking at very small ports that seldom have a need to hire off-the-street. Even Denver really isn't that big of a port to where they'd have a steady need to hire new people.

• 19-5 JFK, got a green check next to eqip today. SI in two weeks, hope I don't fail it after getting this far.

Comment

• nickg317
      nickg317 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thinkmango Did you also get an email saying it was released? I am 19-4 for JFK and it still says in progress for me.

• Thinkmango
      Thinkmango commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I got an email saying it was released.

• Anyone from announcement 19-2 receive any email or phone call for scheduling their polygraph exam. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Comment

• David1984
      David1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      fonzi7979 I’m 19-2 as well and still haven’t received anything yet about the poly.

• SPX
      SPX commented
      Editing a comment
      19-2 here, @ 50%. Still waiting on that call or e-mail for the polygraph. It's been about 1 month since I hit 50% and 2 months since I completed my SI.
      Last edited by SPX; 05-01-2019, 02:40 AM.

• 19-7. So far si and medical cleared. Waiting for poly to transfer over. Got an email to do e-quip. Just waiting on a couple more documents to attach. Sitting at 25% right now. Curious if pft will transfer over.

Comment

• David1984
      David1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 you would have to redo the pft portion because it’s different from CBPO. BP is sit ups 25 push up 20 and 14” step test for 5 min.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I never applied to bpa. But I do have to schedule again. Just got email to do so. Last time I tested was in 2017. It expired.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I was just curious as my wife would love to move there. She has her sights set on grand junction. But closest port according to cbp site is gypsum. But the opm list shows denver/aurora and Colorado springs. Probably very very slim but I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask. She loves the mountains. So trying to find a happy medium. Happy wife is a happy life. As they say.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was originally 17-11 So my pft expired. Si and medical transferred over. Just waiting for poly to update, retake medical and update my equip with new documents. I'm sitting at 25%.

• Anybody from NY recommend an audiologist? Gotta retake it. I think the initial medical that does your hearing is unfair. When I sat in the box I was still able to hear out of outside noise, which is probably why I failed

Comment

• After reaching out, I got an e-mail response stating that the standard wait time for the poly could be 12+ months. I'm not sure why some of you were told to contact them if you haven't heard anything in 16 weeks...

Comment

• SmokeScreen07
        SmokeScreen07 commented
        Editing a comment
        ontherunn That's what was written on "next steps after completing the SI" paper that was given to most of us when we went for our SI.

Who did you reach out to?, that's an insane wait time for the Poly.

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        Thats absolutely redic for someone to wait that long - once you pass the polygraph its forever and a day after that.

• ontherunn
        ontherunn commented
        Editing a comment
        I contacted CBPHiringDEUCBPO@cbp.dhs.gov and that was the response that I was given. If anyone has a better contact to reach out to then I would appreciate if you could provide it.

It may sound childish but at this point I’ve given just up hope. This is the most unorganized joke of an LEO hiring process. It’s hard to just “be patient” when I have to check my email every single day for a poly notification.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        I contacted all of them (HR, Case Manager, Recruiter, email addresses) and got the same generic responses. lol ontherunn would be nice if its only 16 weeks wait...

• 18-3, finally received poly date email for 5/20.
      In valley stream NY. Anybody take it here recently?
      glad to see some movement after all this time.

Comment

• assembly-jef
        assembly-jef commented
        Editing a comment
        Good news! Were you on medical review? If so when did it cleared? I’m also 18-3 and no poly yet.

• txm44
        txm44 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had Med review but it cleared back in sept. I know another guy in 18-3 that got his poly as well but he’s headed up to buffalo to take it. So hopefully u get yours too. Keep an eye out might be an email or a call

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        wow a lot of 18-3s taking polys now, im glad im over that and took it in September.

• Got the dreaded email today unfavorable polygraph results. I’ve past 3 polygraphs for LEO agencies, and fail this one. I can’t stress enough for everyone don’t put your life on hold for this job because it is literally a roll of dice if you get an examiner that thinks your being deceptive and not disclosing something major. I was 100% honest and forthcoming and after my post poly interrogation I told him I have nothing else to add. I’ve served in military honorably and lived a drug free life. I was accused of hiding or being deceptive on serious crimes which is totally unfair. The examiner was fine until the end where he turned into a interrogator. Anyways needed get this off my chest. Im looking forward to other opportunities to pursue. I want to wish everyone good luck in the process and have great careers with CBP.

Comment

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        tried to tell ya man..its more then being 100% honest with the cbp poly...only a 2 year wait for the next one..you can apply for other non poly fed leo jobs i believe in the meantime

• MrAce
        MrAce commented
        Editing a comment
        Good luck brother, keep your head high. It sucks that this happens to so many people after waiting so long. Try some other LEO agencys, don’t be one of those people who try again for this in 3 years go for something great

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        naw bro if you really want this keep trying..@mrace you have the nerve to say go for something great ...why even apply then>LOL...yall kill me with that...talk **** about a job...you dont even have an EOD yet!.... every leo gig has its +/-...everyone i know on the job is doing great..personally
        Last edited by Evolution81; 04-30-2019, 09:34 PM.

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        7878bg , Sorry to hear that. :\ I'm going in for round 2 myself. Poly said I was good at the meeting, then called and said QC didn't like something. So we will see.

I too have passed 3 other poly's now for local jobs and am 60% through a local PD process, who will sponsor me through the academy. I heeded the advice early one to apply to multiple things because of the long waits and the dice roll that is the poly. I may/may not be in your shoes shortly, but I know I'd reapply after the wait period.... Plus I'll have over 2 years on the road experience and my OUPV license from the USCG, so options!

Keep your head up, you answered everything honestly and can sleep at night knowing you are honest and straightforward. Try a local PD/SO, as their processes will probably be 6 months max, and you'd build a resume to come in higher if CBP is a goal in the end.

Wish you the best, brotherman!

• So if I'm not able to get my preferred locations dfw or Colorado. I will most likely go with Arizona. Nogales most likely. Phoenix area is to expensive, if it's even an option.

Anyway my question is. What is the Spanish courses like. I don't know much of Spanish and it's been over 20 years since I took any courses.

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        You know what's crazy. They say you got 10 days to complete equip but only gave me 7? Wtf.

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 , My buddies in CBPO say that the course is a firehose, but it's complete immersion. You'll only hear Spanish while in it. They were, as I lovingly put it, Tennessee Hillbillies and now they can speak vocational Spanish.

I was limited proficiency in speaking, hearing, writing Spanish with the military after studying Castilian Spanish from 6th Grade through all of High School... and very broken Puerto Rican/Cuban/Domican Spanish from living in Florida. I say all this to say, the Spanish Course they put non-speakers through does an amazing job taking them from zero to where I was after 6 years of studying.

Short of living in a country, immersed, or dating a native speaker (the reason any of us young males take a language if we are honest :P ) .... I'd say it's a good program, but isn't impossibly challenging.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 I got 5 days to complete eqip, it took them couple days to send me the code... actually I waited few days and finally had to contact them for the code..

• Hopefully this helps some looking for that positive step forward.

Applied GS9 VRA 18-7: 05/2018
      EQUIP PASS:06/2018
      FITNESS PASS:06/2018
      MEDICAL PASS:06/2018
      SI:07/2018
      POLY:04/2019
      BI:04/2019
      DRUG:04/2019
      CALL:04/2019

Comment

• 878bg I been following this forum since I applying back in November and it is sad to see that for every 3 candidates that take the poly 2 fail and one passes the exam. Based on what I have read my best advise to you is to email IACADSCHEDULING@cbp.dhs.gov as they will be able to review your poly exam for quality control and possibly reverse their decision and provide you another exam. It’s worth a shot nothing to lose more to gain.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          approx. 75% failure rate is what it said on CBP annual report. More than USSS, FBI, ICE, DEA or any Fed agency.. fonzi7979 I know couple people just failed for the "serious crimes" question too. Some currently are holding secret clearance. I emailed that address on your comment like 150 times, lol, never got response from them.

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          CBP, at least many of those in charge, loves its shotgun approach to the polygraph. They don't really see the many that fail needlessly 'cause they elect not to see them. They see only the few who confess to serious abhorrent behaviors during the greater polygraph process.

• V_AntCBP wow amazing your email response back will be from this it will create a case number for your concern will be from here CBPApplicantContactCenter@cbp.dhs.gov

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          fonzi7979 I think I emailed them too. lol and got the generic response, your file is released to OPR, blah blah... you will be contacted for poly by a BI. blah blah.. keep monitoring phone calls, emails... lol smh but I will email them again to see what happens.

• Does your BI call you from a private number? Do they send emails?

Comment

• Evolution81
          Evolution81 commented
          Editing a comment
          regular# usually local area code...i did not receive emails

• Taking CBPO exam in a couple weeks. Took the BPA exam, scored a 95. Does anyone know how similar they are? Or rather, what I should focus on in preparation for the CBPO exam? Logic games and reasoning is easy enough to a certain extent, but the arithmetic would probably trip me up a little.

I passed DEA's Diversion Investigator exam as well, which had some math. I would venture to guess they aren't similar math problems though.

Comment

• jdop7
          jdop7 commented
          Editing a comment
          The cbp website has a great study guide that pretty much covers everything that will be on the cbpo entrance exam. When I took the exam, I only used that study guide and I got a 93. Make sure you brush up on your math and follow what the study guide has to offer. The english/grammar portion is quite straight forward and it isn't too bad as long as long as you know how to use proper grammar (like know when to use commas) and know how to differentiate between "they're, their, and there" and the like. You might also receive a couple of spelling questions. As far as similarities between the BP and CBPO exams go, the logical reasoning is pretty much the same style. And don't forget to work swiftly, it is a timed exam! Considering that you received a 95 on the BPA exam, I wouldn't be too worried. Good luck!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11071 users online. 439 members and 10632 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X