Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone from 18-12 making poly progress?

Comment

• Does anyone work in Los Angeles and know what its like there? job/shift/OT

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        LAX is a huge port. I would imagine that they have access to plenty of overtime.

• standtheman
        standtheman commented
        Editing a comment
        Lemons29 i am applying for LAX port...
        merlin436 hopefully they need more staff so i have higher chance lol

• 19-1 DH
      About three weeks ago I was at 50% (e-QIP, physical, SI, and medical all cleared) and then I received an email stating I needed to have my e-QIP redone, but they didn't give me a reason why, and then I fell back to 38% with the e-QIP pending. I did notice that my case manager changed (although they did not notify me of that). Could that be the reason why? I submitted the new e-QIP about two and half weeks ago, and haven't heard of anything since. And also, will this new case manager be able to give me an update on the progress of getting my e-QIP cleared?

Comment

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        When I had to redo mine they told me the areas that needed revision, seems weird.

• leo1112
        leo1112 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m in same boat submitted eqip , for first time had to make revisions, I’m pretty sure it’ll get rejected again I didn’t know all of my parents info on it. Hopefully my explanation in comments will suffice , know process had really slowed , did SI in March. I applied to be / ny area.

• xknuckles
        xknuckles commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m still waiting for them to reject mine, I forgot to attach the provisional clear and I forgot what the other form was

• nhb_zoey
        nhb_zoey commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup mine was the same, was stuck in 50% for 3 months then one day I got an email I needed to resubmit my E-QiP and also my Case Manager was going to be reassigned? So, essentially almost 6 months of nothing happened after my first submission. I am 18-9 DH. Reapplied for another 19-4 Regular announcement to see if that moves quicker.

• Tomorrow will be 8 months since my SI pass date... No hold ups in medical or anything, just waiting for the Polly date. 18-9 here. This is the most anoyying aggravating process... I know the second I apply for any other jobs they will call me tho... Been with my current employer for over 4 years so I don’t want to leave because I don’t want even more job history on my background... keep seeing all these articles on how they are stream lining this process yet obviously no one is seeing any results... It’s just so stressful because the Polly seems to have a super high fail rate even for the people “who haven’t done anything wrong”... Anyone who Apply’s for this position more then once is crazy Lol

Comment

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        Im probably not the only one but the fast track hiring process means nothing to be with this being one of many requirements "Must be willing to relocate to the Southwest border of the United States". It is what it is at the point, I understand your frustration but you're better off pretending like you never applied. What happens if you fail polygraph or BI - don't set yourself up for disappointment.

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        merlin436 I think the pay thing really depends, If you come in as a GS-09 you're already making more base then BOP. I got an army NG friend that works BOP at the federal prison on FT. Dix. He's only a GL-05 and only will go to GL-07, GL-08 is competitive and anything higher is management at that point at least with CBP you go to GS-12 automatically.... Realistically after one year you should make more as a CBP officer even if you start at 5....

My friend does say he gets a decent amount of overtime though but there's a lot of crazy action at the prison he works, more then I thought there would be it kinda took me by surprise when he told me the stuff he encounters on a daily basis.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        @kevinmo91

OK, if one starts as a GS-09. Most applicants start lower.

A lot of ports lack the overtime/differential pay to push a person all that far. Many ports have plenty of both. As you said, it really depends. One thing about CBP and OFO in particular is that there is very few absolutes. Nearly every rule has it's exceptions.

• nhb_zoey
        nhb_zoey commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here 18-9 June 2018. Had to resubmit my E-QIP twice during the process. No idea when or why it’s taken forever for poly, going almost a year waiting. Reapplied to 19-4 regular announcement and everything transferred over, had to redo my medical for next week, so hopefully that speeds up my process. I did switch over to another job, higher pay less Hours, like others stated just forget you ever applied and move on with your life. Some people get lucky and finished and got the call In 4 months!

• Probably a stupid question but does Dulles fall under Washigton-Baltimore-Arlington locality pay table? I see that Virginia Beach-Norfolk & and Richmond have their own.

Comment

• Hey everyone I'm 19-6 GS-9 going for the LAX airport this is my process so far. Things seem to go fast but slowed down. if anyone doing LAX let me know how your process is so far.

Tentative Offer: 04/05/19
      EQUIP: 04/10/19 - Pending
      Medical: 04/17/19 - Completed/Passed
      SI: 04/18/19 - Completed/Passed
      Fitness Exam: 04/22/19 - Completed/Passed
      Last edited by dalan; 04-29-2019, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• standtheman
        standtheman commented
        Editing a comment
        my process is slowing down. i am waiting for them to give the paper for my lasik doctor to fill it out and waiting to schedule for the poly

• dalan
        dalan commented
        Editing a comment
        standtheman Nice we both waiting for poly.

• standtheman
        standtheman commented
        Editing a comment
        dalan. yea man. i hope that we can meet each other in academy and work together at LAX

• dalan
        dalan commented
        Editing a comment
        standtheman yeah that pretty cool man we'll get there

• I am currently on the 19-5 Job opening and chose Dulles, Va. I wanted to know what if I now want to choose Queens NY especially since it was also in the same opening. Is that something I talk about when they give me an offer?

Comment

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        JPOL are you VRA?

• JPOL
        JPOL commented
        Editing a comment
        No I am NH.
        Last edited by JPOL; 05-05-2019, 03:06 PM.

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        Seems weird to have NY on a DH - aren't those normally southern boarder only?

• JPOL
        JPOL commented
        Editing a comment
        I updated my post, I meant to say Normal HIre.

• Anyone know anything about ports in Colorado or surrounding areas? Just out of curiosity.

Comment

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 , Ports in Colorado sound like they would have an excellent work-life balance!

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes it would seem that way. They have a few ports there just never see it in any announcements.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Except for Denver you're looking at very small ports that seldom have a need to hire off-the-street. Even Denver really isn't that big of a port to where they'd have a steady need to hire new people.

• 19-5 JFK, got a green check next to eqip today. SI in two weeks, hope I don't fail it after getting this far.

Comment

• nickg317
        nickg317 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thinkmango Did you also get an email saying it was released? I am 19-4 for JFK and it still says in progress for me.

• Thinkmango
        Thinkmango commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I got an email saying it was released.

• Anyone from announcement 19-2 receive any email or phone call for scheduling their polygraph exam. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Comment

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        fonzi7979 I’m 19-2 as well and still haven’t received anything yet about the poly.

• SPX
        SPX commented
        Editing a comment
        19-2 here, @ 50%. Still waiting on that call or e-mail for the polygraph. It's been about 1 month since I hit 50% and 2 months since I completed my SI.
        Last edited by SPX; 05-01-2019, 02:40 AM.

• 19-7. So far si and medical cleared. Waiting for poly to transfer over. Got an email to do e-quip. Just waiting on a couple more documents to attach. Sitting at 25% right now. Curious if pft will transfer over.

Comment

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 you would have to redo the pft portion because it’s different from CBPO. BP is sit ups 25 push up 20 and 14” step test for 5 min.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        I never applied to bpa. But I do have to schedule again. Just got email to do so. Last time I tested was in 2017. It expired.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I was just curious as my wife would love to move there. She has her sights set on grand junction. But closest port according to cbp site is gypsum. But the opm list shows denver/aurora and Colorado springs. Probably very very slim but I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask. She loves the mountains. So trying to find a happy medium. Happy wife is a happy life. As they say.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was originally 17-11 So my pft expired. Si and medical transferred over. Just waiting for poly to update, retake medical and update my equip with new documents. I'm sitting at 25%.

• Anybody from NY recommend an audiologist? Gotta retake it. I think the initial medical that does your hearing is unfair. When I sat in the box I was still able to hear out of outside noise, which is probably why I failed

Comment

• After reaching out, I got an e-mail response stating that the standard wait time for the poly could be 12+ months. I'm not sure why some of you were told to contact them if you haven't heard anything in 16 weeks...

Comment

• SmokeScreen07
          SmokeScreen07 commented
          Editing a comment
          ontherunn That's what was written on "next steps after completing the SI" paper that was given to most of us when we went for our SI.

Who did you reach out to?, that's an insane wait time for the Poly.

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          Thats absolutely redic for someone to wait that long - once you pass the polygraph its forever and a day after that.

• ontherunn
          ontherunn commented
          Editing a comment
          I contacted [email protected] and that was the response that I was given. If anyone has a better contact to reach out to then I would appreciate if you could provide it.

It may sound childish but at this point I’ve given just up hope. This is the most unorganized joke of an LEO hiring process. It’s hard to just “be patient” when I have to check my email every single day for a poly notification.

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          I contacted all of them (HR, Case Manager, Recruiter, email addresses) and got the same generic responses. lol ontherunn would be nice if its only 16 weeks wait...

• 18-3, finally received poly date email for 5/20.
        In valley stream NY. Anybody take it here recently?
        glad to see some movement after all this time.

Comment

• assembly-jef
          assembly-jef commented
          Editing a comment
          Good news! Were you on medical review? If so when did it cleared? I’m also 18-3 and no poly yet.

• txm44
          txm44 commented
          Editing a comment
          I had Med review but it cleared back in sept. I know another guy in 18-3 that got his poly as well but he’s headed up to buffalo to take it. So hopefully u get yours too. Keep an eye out might be an email or a call

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          wow a lot of 18-3s taking polys now, im glad im over that and took it in September.

• Got the dreaded email today unfavorable polygraph results. I’ve past 3 polygraphs for LEO agencies, and fail this one. I can’t stress enough for everyone don’t put your life on hold for this job because it is literally a roll of dice if you get an examiner that thinks your being deceptive and not disclosing something major. I was 100% honest and forthcoming and after my post poly interrogation I told him I have nothing else to add. I’ve served in military honorably and lived a drug free life. I was accused of hiding or being deceptive on serious crimes which is totally unfair. The examiner was fine until the end where he turned into a interrogator. Anyways needed get this off my chest. Im looking forward to other opportunities to pursue. I want to wish everyone good luck in the process and have great careers with CBP.

Comment

• Evolution81
          Evolution81 commented
          Editing a comment
          tried to tell ya man..its more then being 100% honest with the cbp poly...only a 2 year wait for the next one..you can apply for other non poly fed leo jobs i believe in the meantime

• MrAce
          MrAce commented
          Editing a comment
          Good luck brother, keep your head high. It sucks that this happens to so many people after waiting so long. Try some other LEO agencys, don’t be one of those people who try again for this in 3 years go for something great

• Evolution81
          Evolution81 commented
          Editing a comment
          naw bro if you really want this keep [email protected] you have the nerve to say go for something great ...why even apply then>LOL...yall kill me with that...talk **** about a job...you dont even have an EOD yet!.... every leo gig has its +/-...everyone i know on the job is doing great..personally
          Last edited by Evolution81; 04-30-2019, 09:34 PM.

• Talonderiel
          Talonderiel commented
          Editing a comment
          7878bg , Sorry to hear that. :\ I'm going in for round 2 myself. Poly said I was good at the meeting, then called and said QC didn't like something. So we will see.

I too have passed 3 other poly's now for local jobs and am 60% through a local PD process, who will sponsor me through the academy. I heeded the advice early one to apply to multiple things because of the long waits and the dice roll that is the poly. I may/may not be in your shoes shortly, but I know I'd reapply after the wait period.... Plus I'll have over 2 years on the road experience and my OUPV license from the USCG, so options!

Keep your head up, you answered everything honestly and can sleep at night knowing you are honest and straightforward. Try a local PD/SO, as their processes will probably be 6 months max, and you'd build a resume to come in higher if CBP is a goal in the end.

Wish you the best, brotherman!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10578 users online. 495 members and 10083 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X