Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David1984 i applied to both too and ended up taking the DH. The VRA has a two year probation and DH has a one for some reason. They still gave me the port I wanted. The difference he explained to us that VRA will hell put you somewhere else if CBP doesn’t work out.

Comment

• is it posible if u pass poly but u didjt pass background check?
      cause i had some bad history regarding credit, its been 5 year ago tho but i have some credit that closed and i havent pay to it

Comment

• Nieto2588
        Nieto2588 commented
        Editing a comment
        Most polygraphs are done before the background stage. If you have derogatory, unresolved credit issues, they will arise in your investigation. It's actually the number one reason that applicants are determined "unsuitable". You'll want to clear that up as soon as possible.

• Received my email yesterday saying I been referred to TSU. Now the wait for “the call”

Comment

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats, Gdelgado0220 !!! The light is at the end of the tunnel. Hope the continued wait is short and you enjoy your new career!

• Does anyone know or heard of receiving call for polygraph exam in less than 6 months?

Comment

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        not being funny - someone literally at the top of this page is from 19-3 and had their polygraph

• 18-7
      VRA GS-9

Anyone from this group still pending?

Applied: 5/16/2018
      Equip: Completed
      Fitness: Completed
      Medical: Completed
      SI: Completed
      Polygraph: May 21
      Background: In progress
      Drug: In progress

Comment

• Does anyone happen to know if a recent unfavorable USSS poly would affect CBP? Since both are under DHS.

Also my timeline below since I usually just lurk. The medical staff wouldn't let me take the PFT at first due to a heart murmur I've had since birth, had to get it signed off on by my doc. They were scheduled the same day but different facilities. That's also why my medical took so long since I had to submit additional paperwork.
        18-6 applicant
        Applied 3/31/2018
        Assessment 4/12/2018
        NOR 4/24/2018
        Eqip 5/10/2018
        Medical 5/18/2018
        PFT 5/18/2018
        Eqip Revise 5/22/2018
        PFT part 2 5/25/2018
        SI 6/13/2018
        Medical Add. Info 7/31/2018
        Medical Inquiry 10/4/2018
        Medical Green 4/15/2019

Comment

• I never asked, did anyone else receive a handout during the SI? It's only one page but covers the following...

"Next Steps"
          "Polygraph"
          "CBP Jobs Mobile App"
          "Physical Fitness Requirements at the Academy"
          "CBP Recruiter Email Address"
          CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
          EQIP - Completed
          Medical Exam - Completed
          Structured Interview - Completed
          Fitness Test - Completed
          Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• SmokeScreen07
            SmokeScreen07 commented
            Editing a comment
            corsair I received that same paper, mine didn't have "CBP Recruiter Email Address".

• MrAce
            MrAce commented
            Editing a comment
            I might have got it but I can’t remember because I most likely ate it out of starvation waiting to be called for the poly

• David1984
            David1984 commented
            Editing a comment
            I wonder if it’s something new they are doing. I did my SI in January 2019.

• SmokeScreen07
            SmokeScreen07 commented
            Editing a comment
            David1984 I did my SI in November 2018. It might be the dependent on the location/port where you did your SI.

• Took PT test today, SI on Tuesday. Any tips or heads up on the interview? Already a LEO so I have a little knowledge on how to answer some questions.

Comment

• Anyone have any good tips on how to contact the hiring center? I've called, left messages, and sent emails but not getting any response.

Comment

• corsair
            corsair commented
            Editing a comment
            What number are you calling? They always answer when I call - I think i've called 2 or 3 times.

(833)405-8051
            Last edited by corsair; 04-25-2019, 11:11 PM.

• Well, a few days ago marked 8 months since the SI for me and still nothing. It's really hard to keep a positive mindset at this point. This is starting to look like a multiple year process.

Comment

• LB_Cornhusker
            LB_Cornhusker commented
            Editing a comment
            xknuckles That's what I heard as well.

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            For a while, I emailed everyone I could get an email address ..once a week... always got generic responses.. wait..check email...check spam... xknuckles smh gave up now,

• House2560
            House2560 commented
            Editing a comment
            when i went for SI i was given a sheet that said if not contacted after 10-16 weeks call in

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            House2560 do you happen to have the number to call in? its been so long I don't even remember if I was given that sheet...

• I got the call EOD Aug 21st
          Academy Sept 6th - Jan 21st
          Last edited by Scrappydoo; 04-26-2019, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            I wanted either dfw or Nogales. My original announcement was for nogales.

• Scrappydoo
            Scrappydoo commented
            Editing a comment
            Lemons29 poly was in Oct
            Hal29 my original port was San Yidsro but I went with Nogales cheaper to live.

• Klumper23
            Klumper23 commented
            Editing a comment
            Scrappydoo and Gdelgado0220 how long did it take for your backgrounds to clear after you met with the BI? I met with mine almost two months ago and have not heard anything since.

• Gdelgado0220
            Gdelgado0220 commented
            Editing a comment
            Klumper23 I entered on a provisional clearance so my background hasn’t cleared yet

• Does anyone know if there is an email address for OPR?

Comment

• YOUNG718
            YOUNG718 commented
            Editing a comment
            For background? Poly?

• jamoranto
            jamoranto commented
            Editing a comment
            @young718
            For background. Passed poly a month ago and when I followed up, they said my file is waiting to be assigned to a BI

• YOUNG718
            YOUNG718 commented
            Editing a comment
            There’s no official contact for OPR and when you reach out to CBP concerning your BI, they will most likely give you a generic response saying they’re not in charge of the background process but waiting on OPR. You could contact your case manager or [email protected] but they’ll most likely tell you what I just said. Where do you live if you don’t mind me asking? Certain places like NYC are considered “hotspots” and take forever for a BI packet to be picked up by an investigator.

• jamoranto
            jamoranto commented
            Editing a comment
            YOUNG718 I live in California. Originally selected SFO but I would prefer LAX so i dont have to move. LAX wasn't available when i originally applied. I am 17-11 CBPO GS9

• Just got the call!

EOD Aug 5th
          FLETC Aug 23rd

Comment

• nhb_zoey
            nhb_zoey commented
            Editing a comment
            What was your timeline when did you apply and announcement??

• Scrappydoo
            Scrappydoo commented
            Editing a comment
            Congratulations!!!!!!!
            See ya FLETC

• Anyone run into the issue yet, where there is no apartments or housing near your port? And I mean no reasonable housing within a 2 hr drive!

Comment

• corsair
            corsair commented
            Editing a comment
            Not trying to be a wise guy so please dont take it that way - did you not research the area prior to applying? I just did a quick search on zillow and theres literally nothing in that area.

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            OFO has long past practice of hiring unaware people from locations far removed from the rural, isolated, remote ports applicants are offered and accept.

It seldom turns out well or successful.

• JDalhoff
            JDalhoff commented
            Editing a comment
            corsair I did research and at time there was apartments with openings 2 years ago when started process. The apartments when they have an opening fill quickly as I’ve discovered talking to people from there. I’m just gonna have to do what I gotta do. Hopefully can find something by Feb after the academy is finished

• corsair
            corsair commented
            Editing a comment
            Can you check craigslist for open apartments? Thats so crazy man - I wish you the best!

• Something I just realized I don't know about this job. I know it's a 24/7 staffing but what kind shifts do people work? Is it 3 shifts per 24 or are people working 10's or even 12's?

Comment

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            It depends on the port. 8 hour shifts are standard.

Many ports don't run 24/7. Many bid positions within a port don't run 24/7.

You can find 13-14 hour alternative shifts...in the right port. Most alternative shifts probably run either 12 hour, 10 hour or 9 hour. Some ports don't offer alternative scheduling in any form.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10459 users online. 355 members and 10104 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X