Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talonderiel i have used mine to finish my degree and collected while at the police academy and still have 11 months. If you have post 9/11 GI Bill, you get 36 months of benefit. You can’t transfer it to your kids or spouse if you’re not serving anymore and CBP has tuition assistance if you want to go to school still if you did use it all. You can use it for academy plus fto or what VA considers OJT.

Comment

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Krash777, thank you. I'm still in the Reserves, but not sure about having crouch goblins any time soon! lol I might just use it. I'm over protective of it for some reason. I'm 6 classes away from finishing my first masters and I haven't used the MGIB since my last bomb school. :P

• Does anyone have experience changing dates on the SI? They seem firm in the email but I have to change it Monday.

Comment

• Steve40
      Steve40 commented
      Editing a comment
      Were you able to get it changed? My wife had our baby due the day they scheduled my SI. I didn't have much luck with my request to change. Fortunately the baby came a couple of days early and i kept my SI appointment.

• nonotnow
      nonotnow commented
      Editing a comment
      I was. You get one date change then youre done. Really? Thats weird. And congrats on the baby.

• Steve40
      Steve40 commented
      Editing a comment
      Much appreciated. Good luck to you moving forward.

• Well it seems like anywhere from 6 to 9 months is the anticipated wait for Polygraph exam.

Has anyone recently taken the Polygraph exam for JFK. I have been hearing horror stories how some examiners try to manipulate you to make you fail. I hope that is not true.

Any feedback

Comment

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      Officer told me 6 months from my SI last week for JFK, hopefully not. They switched contractors for poly

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Guy at Newark said 10 weeks and if you didn’t hear back you call - I’ll take that with a grain of salt

• JPOL
      JPOL commented
      Editing a comment
      I've taken the Poly exam for JFK, but my poly location was in Manhattan. I took my SI in the first week of September, and they told me to wait 6 weeks for my poly exam. Fast forward to the 2nd to last week of March and I took my exam. It's been pretty much nearly half a year since I was told to look forward to my poly. Then again this is partially due to work being slowed down as we approach the holidays and Trump's 2 month gov. shut down happening as well.

My examiner was very professional and actually from CBP working as an examiner. I also have a friend who went out to a third party vendor and we both finished around 3-4 hours, quick and simple. I think a lot of the worries come from people who fail due to otherly reasons and you've only seen negative comments about the poly, partially due to the volume of CBP applicants that apply and just how the agency is the largest in the US, so a lot of people that fail would be frustrated and vent it out online.

Just communicate and work with your polygraph examiner. If you know that you are a qualified candidate, your chances of getting in should be very very very high.

• Hey all with location negotiable when you get your final offer can you ask for a certain location and or defer until the location you are looking for arrives ?

Comment

• Next month will be 9 months since my SI... (Yes my Medical is all set and has been). So I assume next month should be pretty close to maybe being contacted. My question is, who contacts you? Does the poligraphist contact you by phone? Are they flexible with scheduling it as far as dates and times? (I don’t care if it’s in another state) Just wondering because I’m going out of country on Vaca next month and am just nervous that I’ll get a call right before my vaca or something (I’m going on a cruise)

Comment

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        MrAce, When they contacted me for mine, they called first... but I was sleeping and missed the call. I then got an email with a date, time and location.

They emailed a date for the review. I called them back to try to reschedule it due to conflicts with Local PD poly. The Poligrapher worked with me and has been excellent every time so far.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        MrAce I'm going on vac in 2 weeks (out of country), and it will be 9 months since my SI too. Have been waiting for poly ever since. I've seen they scheduled poly for people 4-5 weeks out and if something comes up, you can email your poly examiner asking to reschedule. Usually they are very flex with it. I've seen people rescheduled their poly before. Everything is done thru email.

• Originally posted by MrAce View Post
      Next month will be 9 months since my SI... (Yes my Medical is all set and has been). So I assume next month should be pretty close to maybe being contacted. My question is, who contacts you? Does the poligraphist contact you by phone? Are they flexible with scheduling it as far as dates and times? (I don’t care if it’s in another state) Just wondering because I’m going out of country on Vaca next month and am just nervous that I’ll get a call right before my vaca or something (I’m going on a cruise)
      I’m a BPA applicant, but they only sent me an email. I had no say in the date or the time. Luckily my current job is very flexible.

Comment

• So since I was stuck in medical for about 9 months, which cleared earlier this month, I’m curious to know how long it usually takes to get the polygraph scheduled after such a long wait. Has anyone had a similar experience and has either scheduled or completed?

18-8 VRA

Applied: 06/2018
        Exam: 07/2018
        TSO: 07/2018
        Medical Exam: 08/03/2018
        SI: 08/26/2018
        Request for Additional Med Info: 09/25/2018
        2nd Request for Additional Med Info: 02/26/2019
        Medical Cleared: 04/11/2019
        Last edited by Luckyjack90; 04-21-2019, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• Steve40
          Steve40 commented
          Editing a comment
          18-9 here and I'm curious about this as well. I'm around 9 months with medical (7 months since additional info submitted) and still waiting to be cleared. I was just asking myself if I'll have to wait another 6 or so months for poly after medical clears or did the poly clock start with submittal of background to OPR? Please post if you end up getting scheduled soon!

• nhb_zoey
          nhb_zoey commented
          Editing a comment
          Steve40 my guess is that the clock resets upon resubmitting, E-Qip stuff I don’t think medical will count

• JPOL thank you clarifying the Polygraph exam waiting time and etc. Good Luck to you.

Comment

• So do you get paid your salary at FLETC? And does your 1 year increase start at FLETC or the day you start at your port?

Comment

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            You do get paid at FLETC. Everything starts on day one of your hiring...unless you have previous federal/military time.

• Just got called for the drug test. The cass app shows me at 75% for BPA and still 63% for CBP. Hoping to get offered CBP in Chicago. Anyone else apply for both?

Comment

• DMC1988
            DMC1988 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats. How long did it take for background to clear?

• TheChicagoKid1990
            TheChicagoKid1990 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks. A little over 3 weeks. Wasn't too bad. Now waiting to hear the dates and which position. I'm excited

• DMC1988
            DMC1988 commented
            Editing a comment
            I can only imagine your excitement after such a long process. Good luck man!

• Talonderiel
            Talonderiel commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats, @TheChicagoKid1990 !!! May you get what you truly want!! It is well worth the wait.

• 17-10 Finally got the call. EOD is August 30th for Grand Portage Minnesota. Academy date September 17th-January 30th.
          25% incentive to go to that port that I put down for when I applied.
          Will the app update with my drug test results since I’ve got the call or will it stay at 75% the whole time? I took the drug test last week

Comment

• Scrappydoo
            Scrappydoo commented
            Editing a comment
            Congratulations!!!!

• Evolution81
            Evolution81 commented
            Editing a comment
            who cares about the damn app youre finished!.....i was 17-10 too.... got my eod 2 months ago

• ncavazos
            ncavazos commented
            Editing a comment
            Congratulations! Im 17-11 and still waiting. Hopfully all ends well for me too. Good luck and congratulations once again!

• Talonderiel
            Talonderiel commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats, JDalhoff !!! I think the app can be left in your memories now. :P Enjoy the new career!

• JDalhoff congrats classmate! See you there.

Comment

• nhb_zoey they didn’t give me many options because I applied for a specific port. They just told me their critical ports in Arizona and Cali and then told me the port I selected is available and I accepted.

Comment

• Ok question. So I am really confused. I applied again. And today I got an email from usajobs to sign some forms. One was for of-306. On usajobs in now says selected. You have been offered this job. I had to go through usaonboarding. What does this mean? I never had to do that before.

Comment

• dannyboy33
                dannyboy33 commented
                Editing a comment
                I reapplied from 18-3 to 18-13 I had to do the exact same thing (sign the two forms). My app also said "selected". This was back in September 2018. I completed everything except the Background and Poly and still waiting. I was concerned because I haven't heard anything since my Poly Pass in August 2018 and thought maybe it was a glitch saying I was selected and they forgot about me but I called and they said my application is still active. I'm still weary about that though.... Its so odd that I haven't started the field portion of my background yet.

• Hal29
                Hal29 commented
                Editing a comment
                Found out its just a new process.

• AgentNitro
                AgentNitro commented
                Editing a comment
                Yup, doesn't mean you were selected. They should've stayed with their previous terminology "referred". You're only selected if you successfully pass all stages of the hiring process and a vacancy exists.

• Hal29
                Hal29 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah I agree, not a fan of this new process. Being "selected'. (You are offered a job) is so misleading.

• Disappointing news. Smh I applied and passed the entrance exam only to get an email stating I’m ineligible for a gs-5 & a gs-7. I’m a full time junior yr college student with a 3.0 and I work 30-40 hours per week.

Comment

• Mike_lowrey
                Mike_lowrey commented
                Editing a comment
                Anthony, likely in a year or so, I have 75/120 credits and it stated your work experience and education must equal 100% 18/36 75/120 is over 100%. What problems have you had?
                Last edited by Mike_lowrey; 04-22-2019, 01:11 PM.

• Mike_lowrey
                Mike_lowrey commented
                Editing a comment
                How long is is passing exam score valid ?

• MMatthews
                MMatthews commented
                Editing a comment
                Crazy I’ve been in the military with a TS/SCI I’ve had my degree since 2015 and only got offered a gs5 slot

• AgentNitro
                AgentNitro commented
                Editing a comment
                MMatthews - They can refer you for any grade that you selected you're willing to accept. Had you not applied for the GS-5, they'd use the rating criteria for the GS-7 or GS-9 to see if you qualify. You can reapply if you don't want the 5.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6948 users online. 318 members and 6630 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X