300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Everybody,

Well I am in 19-2 Announcement for JFK. Everything has been moving along well. I am wondering if anyone has been scheduled for the Polygraph. I have completed my SI and I checked my CASS and I have green check marks up to SI. It looks like it will be a long wait for the poly. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and good luck to all.

Comment

• David1984
      David1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am also 19-2 and still waiting for the polygraph. Just going to have to wait to get scheduled probably won’t get anything for a few months.

• txm44
      txm44 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was told by buffalo poly guy that JFK and Newark are way backed up on the poly and are swamped with applicants. I have been waiting for poly since sept. And I’m 18-3

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      19-3 for JFK, officer told me 6 month wait

• javi87
      javi87 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m 19-2 and I had just recertified my eQIP April 5th. I don’t know what really happens in this phase but I’m at 50% on my app and I’m waiting for any word on getting my poly scheduled.

• Just got email for SI. Any tips on how I can prepare myself

Comment

• David1984
      David1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thinkmango I would read this to get a better understanding and some tips. https://www.cbp.gov/careers/car/cbpo-interview

• pnw360
      pnw360 commented
      Editing a comment
      what announcement are you?

• Thinkmango
      Thinkmango commented
      Editing a comment
      19-5 and picked jfk

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Several situational questions - can't give any details because of the NDA. Make sure you think of your response in your head prior to speaking and ignore the fact you're being recorded.

• Just got the tentative offer for GS9. 18-8 GS5/7 VRA at 50% now 19-7 GS9 VRA, still at 50%. Waiting on poly.

Comment

• Start aug 19 at my Idaho port and academy is sept 4-Jan 16

Comment

• What do you wear for the interview? Other government agencies had business professional. This job says business casual. Is a suit too much?

Comment

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        I wore a suit to my SI

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        I understood business casual as dress pants, button up shirt, tie and well polished shoes... The other kats at the SI for BPA and CBPO took it as green denim pants, boat shoes (w/ socks), a half open button down shirt (w/o an undershirt... so much chest hair), and unshaven.....

Which prompted the BPA interviewers to pass out the Memorandum of Understanding for Uniform/Grooming Standards to be signed. lol

I'd say business casual to suite is perfect.

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wear a suit if you got it if not free pants shirt and tie

• I’m a ninja
        I’m a ninja commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s an interview so yes wear suit and tie, when I had my interview almost everyone was wearing suit and tie except one person.

• Thanks guys!

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        I wore dress shirt, tie, dress pants and dress shoes.

• Hey guys, 19-1 DH here. I submitted my application back in October and I remember choosing McAllen, TX as my preferred polygraph location. Is there a way to change the preferred location without needing to resubmit a new application. I would really like to change it to Houston, TX. I have not been contacted by OPR for the polygraph yet, I just want to know if I can make that location change before they contact me.

Comment

• Double post
        Last edited by mariosa83; 04-22-2019, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• If y’all haven’t seen Border Security America’s Frontline on Netflix you should, basically a show on the job we all want. Good insight before going to the academy.

Comment

• corsair
            corsair commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for pointing this out ! (2) Seasons, i know what i'll be binge watching.

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            Shows like that are heavily staged, cherrypicked, and otherwise a pale representation of the 'average' time spent by the 'average' person.

Caveat Emptor.

• corsair
            corsair commented
            Editing a comment
            Of course it’s cherry picked - no ones going to watch boring tv.

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            OK. Life isn't TV.

In life, lots of ports and lots of people have circumstances and work daily jobs that would make for boring TV.

• I received my NOR a week ago. Anybody know what comes next in my email and if so when I should expect another email?

Comment

• rergang3
            rergang3 commented
            Editing a comment
            So there's really two NOR's. One is the results email you get a day or two after taking the initial test. The second one is a few weeks later saying what grade you're eligible for. After that, it could be a few days to a month or more to get your tentative selection email. I waited almost a month to get my tentative selection.

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            My original nor said what grade I was eligible for. After your initial nor you get your tentative selection letter

• If you sign a provisional clear, but you haven't finished the process yet, is it possible to end up going to the academy before they finish the necessary steps like DT or BI? Or does BI and DT MUST be done before you get shipped to academy?

Comment

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            With provisional your bi is still being processed while going through the academy. Thus the reason it is provisional. But you still need to do drug test. A drug screen is done before a conditional offer is made on any law enforcement job.

• MMattMcD ive already been through an academy and used it every step of the way including after I graduated while on fto and in my probationary period. So yes, you do because I’ve already researched it.

Comment

• MMatthews
            MMatthews commented
            Editing a comment
            As a local police officer correct I've used mine as well but from what I was told by a two different recruiters you can't use it for a federal law enforcement academy.
            Last edited by MMatthews; 04-20-2019, 03:05 PM.

• double post apologies

Comment

• MMatthews https://www.cbp.gov/faqs/if-qualifie...-border-patrol. That’s say border patrol but I was told it is the same process. Just have to file the paperwork when you do your two weeks before the academy.

Comment

• Talonderiel
              Talonderiel commented
              Editing a comment
              Krash777, is that the GI Bill benefits or is it a separate benefit? I don't want to use up by GI completely yet, but if it's an vocational training benefit... I'd definitely jump on it!

• douglasgene1
              douglasgene1 commented
              Editing a comment
              You can use some if you’re gi benefits, you can only use it for 12 months. So when you hire on you start the paperwork at the port, they send the hours every month to the va. You won’t use all of it but u will some. I know cause I just started using mine for DHS

• MMatthews sounds like a shorty recruiter if they don’t know that. Pretty good benefit to get vets to join.

Comment

• MMatthews
              MMatthews commented
              Editing a comment
              Well I appreciate the info

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8012 users online. 305 members and 7707 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X