Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To my surprise, I couldn't believe I didn't pass the structure interview.

Thanks for clearing that up corsair. For the future you might want to have the documents online switch to read "Structure Interview exam are good for 3 years after November 2016" (November is when they were last up dated).

Comment

• Gs5183
      Gs5183 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here, I passed everything but the interview(it was my last step since everything transfered over from BP application) it’s hard to believe. I have been waiting to re-apply since November and I will try again in a month. Sucks man

• Anyone took their polygraph in Detroit Michigan, how long did it take for you to get a call or email to schedule it? Earlier I emailed CBP cuz i have no patience anymore and got a generic reply of 6-8+ months to hear back for my polygraph to make an appointment to take it.

Comment

• Gs5183
      Gs5183 commented
      Editing a comment
      It took about 2-3 months all together. From waiting to schedule one to getting the official pass on Cass

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been waiting for poly since Aug 2018 bro, I had no issues (medical reviews, eqip rejected) , lol radsavage every time I asked them, got generic respond too.. continue monitor emails, phone calls, ... smh
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 04-14-2019, 08:31 AM.

• Anyone familiar with the polygraph reciprocity? I'm fully cleared with HSI and completed/passed their polygraph late last year. I just submitted the reciprocity with my e-qip, but I'm not sure how they approve or deny these things. Also, shouldn't they use my BI from HSI (They fall under the same agency). My Case Manager indicated that the e-qip is based on the position, not the applicant-- so that's the reason I had to update it for CBP. I'll likely go with HSI if offered, but am keeping my options open to other possibilities as well.

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      OFO and HSI do not fall under the same agency. HSI is an ICE component. OFO is a CBP component.

• Nieto2588
      Nieto2588 commented
      Editing a comment
      They're both under DHS Immigration Customs.. Same poly, similar hiring process. Do you have any insight towards the questions I asked?

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      There is no "DHS Immigration Customs".

There is DHS. It is the parent department that a great many agencies are under...to include CBP and ICE. There are agencies that do large amounts of immigration work. The big three there are probably CBP, USCIS and ICE. There are agencies that largely do customs work, mainly CBP and ICE.

Are the polygraphs the same? I don't know. I do know that CBP was mandated to polygraph by the Anti-Border Corruption Act of 2010. The ICE poly came about much later and was self-imposed. The BIs may be alike...or dissimilar. I don't know that either...but they are coming from two distinct agencies...if that's worthy.

Now, choosing HSI over CBP...I'll say that's recommended about 10.5 out of a scale of 10. About the only reason to choose CBP would be for a specific location.

• Nieto2588
      Nieto2588 commented
      Editing a comment
      Fair enough. Your response was more entertaining than informative-- but I'll take that. I just meant that the agencies fall within the same realm. I know they're separate and vastly differ in duties. I'm not considering CBP over HSI, it's simply the backup option if for whatever reason HSI mysteriously loses my paperwork. I was offered a position with BP several years ago but declined due to the location offered. So, I know that the polygraphs are very similar. I just don't understand how the reciprocity process works. The wording states that it "may be granted". This would suggest that it's on a case by case basis.

• I just want to get hired already sheesh I got 5 months left in the military and would like to get a date by this year September but it’s not looking like it’s moving fast right now I passed everything just waiting on BI and Drug test then final offer, is it possible to get all that completed in 5 months. I passed my poly last year in November, I’m worried because I applied last year August. Announcement 18-10. actually come to think about it that’s kinda fast. Let me **** up lol

Comment

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you sign for a provisional clearance? I'm an 18-10 VRA applicant and I got the call in December I skipped waiting on the BI. If I had to wait on BI for call I'd still be waiting

• Sept 2017- tentative selection
    PT test waived with military score
    Jan 2018- SI
    Feb 2018- SI marked as passed on CASS
    July 2018- medical cleared after being sent back twice
    Apr 10, 2019- Polygraph
    April 14, 2019- poly marked as passed on CASS
    Last edited by Krash777; 04-14-2019, 07:36 PM.

Comment

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      You're a year without an update after poly!?

• Nieto2588
      Nieto2588 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like your app was probably misfiled. CBP used to be that slow, but has since made significant improvements... although they’re still far behind where they should be.

• Nieto2588
      Nieto2588 commented
      Editing a comment
      Your TSL was probably 2018 too then.

• corsair typo 2019*

Comment

• A week and a half since my drug test, I’m anxiously waiting for “the call” lol they scheduled my drug test before my BI cleared and I’m guessing that’s because I signed my provisional clear right? Announcement 18-4

Comment

• ncavazos
        ncavazos commented
        Editing a comment
        raudy06 ugh you could of just lied to me so I could feel better lol jk ok well more waiting it is then. Thanks for sharing

• Gdelgado0220
        Gdelgado0220 commented
        Editing a comment
        ncavazos I had my drug test scheduled for the day before I was scheduled to meet my BI. Got both phone calls in the same day. I was just emailed a medical self certification form to state that nothing has changed with my medical history since it’s been a long wait. Now I’m guessing that’s gonna delay the process

• ncavazos
        ncavazos commented
        Editing a comment
        Gdelgado0220 so you had to verify your medical again? I'm 17-11 and my med took forever to clear the first time around....hope they dont ask to go over that again : /

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        ncavazos i lie to myself everyday saying its cleared lol. but the Medical self certification is just fill out a form and send it back, nothing like the first medical and it doesn't take long.

• Hey 18-8 people, how many have gotten their polygraph scheduled/completed and how many are still waiting to schedule?

Comment

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        Did mine today (post to follow).... I'm technically a 15-X due to military recall, but restarted the process in October 2018 so now a late 18-X or early 19-X.

• KevinMO91 no I didn’t do the provisional clearance but I wish I did now ,but I heard that was bad to do because you never know what might happen with the hiring process, so I was like I don’t want to get hired until I for sure know everything is complete. But it’s just taking forever, I just want a date for I can really start planning my life out. I hate sitting around and waiting.

Comment

• Srhernza115
        Srhernza115 commented
        Editing a comment
        I personally felt better having my background cleared and then going to the the academy than signing the provisional. Like you said you NEVER know what can happen and they’ve even been known to pull people out during the academy. As for the waiting part you’re gonna have to acquire some patience because they take forever. It’s just better to be fully cleared and then move on than to run the risk of being DQed because something unknown came up.

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        @EmmetaaBrown01 They don't give provisionals to everyone that applies for one, they only give it to people that they deem will have no problem passing the BI after doing a very brief BI.

So, in other words, they grant clearances to people they feel will for sure pass the BI. The BI shouldn't be an issue for you unless you lied on e-qip, or have some kind of debt in collection.

Srhernza115 they have pulled people on provisionals before that is true, but in almost all of those cases they lied about some kind of crime or debt. Unless you're trying to conceal something it shouldnt be an issue.

Something like 15% of people who apply for a provisional are granted one. It's just a tool to help get hired sooner.

If I didn't take the provisional clearance, I'd still be waiting instead of starting in 3 weeks. Who knows how long I would be waiting since I just resubmitted my e-qip a month ago and the academy is already full up to August. hell when I got the call in December the EOD date they gave me was 5 months away in May. If I waited for BI I bet everything that my EOD date wouldn't be until 2020 with how backed up the BI is.....

• **** is actually moving! I have my drug test scheduled for tomorrow. Hopefully I get the provisional clearance so I don’t have to wait for the BI to be done.

Comment

• DMC1988
        DMC1988 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats. When did you meet with the Backgroung Investigator?

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        you signed a provisional? where is your background/investigator field portion step?

• 19-5 medical done today 4/15. Fitness test tomorrow 4/16.

Comment

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you do your SI yet? I'm from 19-5 too, finished both medical and fitness.

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        Hows the practice coming along for the step test? I'm sure you're going to crush it.

• 19-6 applied March 4, 2019 GS9 no VRA or Direct Hire
      Finished Medical, PFT1 and SI
      Now the waiting game begins

Comment

• Hello guys,

Today I was emailed from IA-HQ-Contractors which OPR. They sent me a letter with a proposal to remove the tentative offer due to family personal conduct. Immediate family members have a criminal history and this is the reason for this proposal. I had to write a letter to explain how it’s against my beliefs and values and explaining each case. I know this is rare but has this issue came up for anyone? Thanks
        18-4 CBPO-CASS 63%

01/22/18- Applied
        02/17/18- Entrance Exam
        02/22/18- NOR
        03/13/18- e-QIP submitted
        03/26/2018- Medical Exam
        04/05/18- e-QIP Rejected/Resubmitted
        04/12/2018- Fitness Exam
        04/13/18- e-QIP Rejected/Resubmitted
        04/26/18- BI Packet Sent to OPR
        06/06/18- SI
        06/07/18- SI NOR (Pass)
        11/02/18- Polygraph
        11/07/18- Polygraph NOR (Pass)

In-Progress-BI
        In-Progress- Drug Examination
        Not Applicable- Fitness Exam 2
        Pending- Final Offer

Comment

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow thats the first time I saw this - thanks for posting this information, I'm sure it will come up for someone down the road.

• Evolution81
          Evolution81 commented
          Editing a comment
          ill tell you like this..you better either consult a lawyer or someone who has had experience with writing a response to this type of NOPA...if this job matters to you of course

• Nieto2588
          Nieto2588 commented
          Editing a comment
          I wouldn't involve a lawyer unless it's very convoluted and seems unlikely to overcome. NOPA's are extremely common, although most have to do with prior polygraph results. As long as you're able to articulate why they shouldn't believe you pose a risk to national security through these associates, you should be good to go. If you have a criminal history or other circumstances that strengthen the case against you, it'll be much harder to absolve.

Check out the link below. It goes into exactly what the adjudicator considers when determining the outcome of your BI. Good luck.

https://www.policelawblog.com/files/...irective-4.pdf
          Last edited by Nieto2588; 04-16-2019, 03:03 AM.

• Danieldv9
          Danieldv9 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi, 18-1 here and just wanted to say i had a very similar situation and also had to write a letter. That email was sent to me after my poly, and about three weeks later i was contacted by a BI to start my background so i assume they were satisfied with my answer. Did you already meet your BI?

• DMC1988 i haven’t yet

Comment

• I did sign a provisional but have not met or heard from any investigator. I just had my poly last Wednesday.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6826 users online. 281 members and 6545 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X