Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s a long shot to ask, but did anyone’s process speed up or slow down after applying for a later GS9 announcement? I’m currently 18-8 GS 5/7 VRA, just applied for 19-7 GS 9 VRA. Both are for CBPO. Already have been selected for BPA GS9.

Comment

• mudboned
      mudboned commented
      Editing a comment
      They process both applications at the same time. Doesn't seem like mine sped up or slowed down at all.

• Waiting patiently..... DH going on 19 months since I applied. At 63% still waiting for BI to clear and Drug. BI was submitted since November. Passed everything from the first time did not have to retake anything.

Comment

• I took my Polygraph 3/26/19 still haven't got my NOR's. Is no news good news? I was NOT told you "passed" "failed" or "inconclusive".......whats the time table for NOR's?

Comment

• jamoranto
        jamoranto commented
        Editing a comment
        I took mine on 3/25. Was emailed by the examiner that I passed on 3/27. CASS turned green on 04/01.

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        Usually they verbally tell you passed after the conclusion of the poly...so NO in this case no news is NOT good news when it comes to the poly...they didn't tell you you failed I assume..so I wouldn't worry too much

• UPDATE:
      CBPO 19-4

Applied 01-31-2019
      Test - 02-09-2019
      Test Results - 02-11-2019 | passed
      BI packet - turned in 02-28-2019
      Medical - 03-07-2019 | Passed
      SI - 03-13-2019
      SI Results - 03-14-2019 | passed
      Fitness - 03-19-2019 | passed
      03-18-2019 | got an email “case management reassigned due to changes in H.R”
      04-11-19: Equip rejected | fixed my correction turned it back in same day.
      04-12-19: Equip released to OPR
      Equip- green check mark

Currently at 50%
      drug - in progress
      background - in progress
      polygraph - pending
      final offer - pending

Comment

• Safranco2
        Safranco2 commented
        Editing a comment
        corsair as long as you got the email that you’re on to the next step i wouldn’t worry about it! did your status change already?

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        15 days since the email about the EQIP going to OPR - still hasn't updated. I'm in no rush

• rergang3
        rergang3 commented
        Editing a comment
        I feel like I'm right back to being the slow 19-4 on here. Freakin medical hold up. Good luck for everyone else tho!

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        Went to completed this morning now I'm at 50%

• CBPO.
      So the other day (4/08/2019) I went in for my SI interview and to my surprise I didn't pass. I have taken this interview two and half years ago in October 2016 and I passed it. After taking the interview I was informed by others that I shouldn't have participated in the SI interview since I've passed it less than 3 years ago.
      I reached out to hiring manager as well as the SI office after being told---"Passing results are valid for a period of 36 months from the date of your interview. If there has been a change to the interview format or if there is a change in the competencies being evaluated, the pass or failure of previous test versions will not be applicable"

Dear CBP Hiring Center

Greatly, I would appreciate either you getting back to the Hiring Center once again or giving me the direct contact information of the individual whom I should contact/talk to, to pursue this dispute. Definitely, a huge discrepancy exists.

Your correspondence states, "Passing results are valid for a period of 36 months from the date of your interview. If there has been a change to the interview format or if there is a change in the competencies being evaluated, the pass or failure of previous test versions will not be applicable".

However, directly from the https://www.cbp.gov/careers/car/cbpo-interview that was last updated July 23, 2018- 15:50 we read, "The SI results are good for 3 years if you pass." There is no indication that the SI interview changed or that the policy changed since April 2016 according to the CBP SI Government website under the category "What is the Structured Interviewed (SI)". https://www.cbp.gov/careers/car/cbpo-interview

This career is very important to me. The information on the website is important to you, me, the government and other candidates. I would be doing a disservice to myself and others if I simply ignore this discrepancy and injustice. This is a career based on adherence to honesty and principles.

By adhering to honesty, ethical principles and website documentation, I should now move on to the polygraph testing.

Please let me know about the next step I should take.
      Thank you

Well in the end, they told me that they have changed the new format of the structured Interview in November 2016. Since I took the SI in October 2016 I do not qualify. Now I need to wait another 6 months until I can retake it. Who knows if that will change.
      This sort of bummed me out how the agency won't stand by their own documentation on the CBP.gov website. So whatever you read online don't think it's true.

I wish the best to you all.

Comment

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        Why didn't you look up the process prior to reapplying, things change. I saw you failed the polygraph which you knew you had to wait 2 years to reapply so you must have researched something.

• collapse
        collapse commented
        Editing a comment
        6 months is nothing compared to 2 years.

• Yes unfortunatley I was founded unsuitable for the position after taking the polygraph in November time 2016. I waited 2 years and reapply to CBP, being told that will be the time frame I need to wait.

If things change then they should take down SI interviews are accepted from the last 3 years from the CBP website. https://www.cbp.gov/careers/car/cbpo-interview (How long SI results are good for) category. It's very unethitcal to have a documentation posted up and not be true towards the other candidates. There is absolutely no indication online that the test has changed since April 2016. So nothing to research. https://www.cbp.gov/careers/car/cbpo-interview (what is the structure interview SI) category. Also the website has been updated 8 and half months ago.
      Updated---- Monday, July 23, 2018 - 15:50

CBP seems like a really cool job and wish everyone the best.

Comment

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you have your original email for the notice of results for the SI? I just looked mine up and it has that part about if the test changes the results don't carry over.

"The passing SI result will be valid for a period of 36 months from the date of your interview. If the interview format is changed or there is a change in the competencies being evaluated, applicants will be required to complete the new test and pass or failure of previous test versions will not be applicable."

• Anthony_525
        Anthony_525 commented
        Editing a comment
        did the interview not go well? Or what happened? I do not think it’s “unethical” that they list that, but in reality if you passed the interview once, you should be able to pass it again.

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        you do not have a case since you stated they changed the interview format from 16...that means you would have to take the new format interview

• To my surprise, I couldn't believe I didn't pass the structure interview.

Thanks for clearing that up corsair. For the future you might want to have the documents online switch to read "Structure Interview exam are good for 3 years after November 2016" (November is when they were last up dated).

Comment

• Gs5183
        Gs5183 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here, I passed everything but the interview(it was my last step since everything transfered over from BP application) it’s hard to believe. I have been waiting to re-apply since November and I will try again in a month. Sucks man

• Anyone took their polygraph in Detroit Michigan, how long did it take for you to get a call or email to schedule it? Earlier I emailed CBP cuz i have no patience anymore and got a generic reply of 6-8+ months to hear back for my polygraph to make an appointment to take it.

Comment

• Gs5183
        Gs5183 commented
        Editing a comment
        It took about 2-3 months all together. From waiting to schedule one to getting the official pass on Cass

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        I've been waiting for poly since Aug 2018 bro, I had no issues (medical reviews, eqip rejected) , lol radsavage every time I asked them, got generic respond too.. continue monitor emails, phone calls, ... smh
        Last edited by V_AntCBP; 04-14-2019, 09:31 AM.

• Anyone familiar with the polygraph reciprocity? I'm fully cleared with HSI and completed/passed their polygraph late last year. I just submitted the reciprocity with my e-qip, but I'm not sure how they approve or deny these things. Also, shouldn't they use my BI from HSI (They fall under the same agency). My Case Manager indicated that the e-qip is based on the position, not the applicant-- so that's the reason I had to update it for CBP. I'll likely go with HSI if offered, but am keeping my options open to other possibilities as well.

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        OFO and HSI do not fall under the same agency. HSI is an ICE component. OFO is a CBP component.

• Nieto2588
        Nieto2588 commented
        Editing a comment
        They're both under DHS Immigration Customs.. Same poly, similar hiring process. Do you have any insight towards the questions I asked?

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        There is no "DHS Immigration Customs".

There is DHS. It is the parent department that a great many agencies are under...to include CBP and ICE. There are agencies that do large amounts of immigration work. The big three there are probably CBP, USCIS and ICE. There are agencies that largely do customs work, mainly CBP and ICE.

Are the polygraphs the same? I don't know. I do know that CBP was mandated to polygraph by the Anti-Border Corruption Act of 2010. The ICE poly came about much later and was self-imposed. The BIs may be alike...or dissimilar. I don't know that either...but they are coming from two distinct agencies...if that's worthy.

Now, choosing HSI over CBP...I'll say that's recommended about 10.5 out of a scale of 10. About the only reason to choose CBP would be for a specific location.

• Nieto2588
        Nieto2588 commented
        Editing a comment
        Fair enough. Your response was more entertaining than informative-- but I'll take that. I just meant that the agencies fall within the same realm. I know they're separate and vastly differ in duties. I'm not considering CBP over HSI, it's simply the backup option if for whatever reason HSI mysteriously loses my paperwork. I was offered a position with BP several years ago but declined due to the location offered. So, I know that the polygraphs are very similar. I just don't understand how the reciprocity process works. The wording states that it "may be granted". This would suggest that it's on a case by case basis.

• I just want to get hired already sheesh I got 5 months left in the military and would like to get a date by this year September but it’s not looking like it’s moving fast right now I passed everything just waiting on BI and Drug test then final offer, is it possible to get all that completed in 5 months. I passed my poly last year in November, I’m worried because I applied last year August. Announcement 18-10. actually come to think about it that’s kinda fast. Let me **** up lol

Comment

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you sign for a provisional clearance? I'm an 18-10 VRA applicant and I got the call in December I skipped waiting on the BI. If I had to wait on BI for call I'd still be waiting

• Sept 2017- tentative selection
      PT test waived with military score
      Jan 2018- SI
      Feb 2018- SI marked as passed on CASS
      July 2018- medical cleared after being sent back twice
      Apr 10, 2019- Polygraph
      April 14, 2019- poly marked as passed on CASS
      Last edited by Krash777; 04-14-2019, 08:36 PM.

Comment

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        You're a year without an update after poly!?

• Nieto2588
        Nieto2588 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like your app was probably misfiled. CBP used to be that slow, but has since made significant improvements... although they’re still far behind where they should be.

• Nieto2588
        Nieto2588 commented
        Editing a comment
        Your TSL was probably 2018 too then.

• corsair typo 2019*

Comment

• A week and a half since my drug test, I’m anxiously waiting for “the call” lol they scheduled my drug test before my BI cleared and I’m guessing that’s because I signed my provisional clear right? Announcement 18-4

Comment

• ncavazos
          ncavazos commented
          Editing a comment
          raudy06 ugh you could of just lied to me so I could feel better lol jk ok well more waiting it is then. Thanks for sharing

• Gdelgado0220
          Gdelgado0220 commented
          Editing a comment
          ncavazos I had my drug test scheduled for the day before I was scheduled to meet my BI. Got both phone calls in the same day. I was just emailed a medical self certification form to state that nothing has changed with my medical history since it’s been a long wait. Now I’m guessing that’s gonna delay the process

• ncavazos
          ncavazos commented
          Editing a comment
          Gdelgado0220 so you had to verify your medical again? I'm 17-11 and my med took forever to clear the first time around....hope they dont ask to go over that again : /

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          ncavazos i lie to myself everyday saying its cleared lol. but the Medical self certification is just fill out a form and send it back, nothing like the first medical and it doesn't take long.

• Hey 18-8 people, how many have gotten their polygraph scheduled/completed and how many are still waiting to schedule?

Comment

• Talonderiel
          Talonderiel commented
          Editing a comment
          Did mine today (post to follow).... I'm technically a 15-X due to military recall, but restarted the process in October 2018 so now a late 18-X or early 19-X.

• KevinMO91 no I didn’t do the provisional clearance but I wish I did now ,but I heard that was bad to do because you never know what might happen with the hiring process, so I was like I don’t want to get hired until I for sure know everything is complete. But it’s just taking forever, I just want a date for I can really start planning my life out. I hate sitting around and waiting.

Comment

• Srhernza115
          Srhernza115 commented
          Editing a comment
          I personally felt better having my background cleared and then going to the the academy than signing the provisional. Like you said you NEVER know what can happen and they’ve even been known to pull people out during the academy. As for the waiting part you’re gonna have to acquire some patience because they take forever. It’s just better to be fully cleared and then move on than to run the risk of being DQed because something unknown came up.

• KevinMO91
          KevinMO91 commented
          Editing a comment
          @EmmetaaBrown01 They don't give provisionals to everyone that applies for one, they only give it to people that they deem will have no problem passing the BI after doing a very brief BI.

So, in other words, they grant clearances to people they feel will for sure pass the BI. The BI shouldn't be an issue for you unless you lied on e-qip, or have some kind of debt in collection.

Srhernza115 they have pulled people on provisionals before that is true, but in almost all of those cases they lied about some kind of crime or debt. Unless you're trying to conceal something it shouldnt be an issue.

Something like 15% of people who apply for a provisional are granted one. It's just a tool to help get hired sooner.

If I didn't take the provisional clearance, I'd still be waiting instead of starting in 3 weeks. Who knows how long I would be waiting since I just resubmitted my e-qip a month ago and the academy is already full up to August. hell when I got the call in December the EOD date they gave me was 5 months away in May. If I waited for BI I bet everything that my EOD date wouldn't be until 2020 with how backed up the BI is.....

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11450 users online. 414 members and 11036 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X