Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am VRA 17-10 so I’ve been in the process for a bit...

Comment

• jamoranto
      jamoranto commented
      Editing a comment
      Where are you in the process? I'm 17-11. Took my poly 03/25 and passed. Waiting for Drug test and BI.

• Ok so I got a call today from Minnesota to check on how my process was going. So first question...Is that a good sign?
    I was also curious if anyone else here has gotten "the call" under Direct Hire vacancy and was given a choice of were to go. I am really really REALLY am hoping to get the Rio Grand Valley area were I am and were my husband has been BP for 16 yrs now. However, when I talk to the woman on the phone today she said that I was under Loredo, Del Rio, Persidio, and I believe El Paso. My vacancy stated "location negotiable"...what do you all think my changes are for getting something down here?

Comment

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      I think a few pages back someone got a call regarding the process - nothing special aside from a quality check. Did you check your application to see the locations?

• ncavazos
      ncavazos commented
      Editing a comment
      on my app its DH and "location negotiable" the only location closest to me at the time I applied was Roma so thats what I selected but its about a 2 hour drive from here.

• bonds525
      bonds525 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was DH, you go to where you checked off on the initial application, I was hoping to go southern border but I had to reapply to posting with the location I wanted.

• ncavazos
      ncavazos commented
      Editing a comment
      bonds525 I cant reapply ..I'm 40 going on 41 so i'm going to have to take it or I'm out.

• Hi guys, new to this post! Just wanted to share my progress so far. I applied out of El Paso Tx.

CBPO 19-4
    Applied 01-31-2019
    Test - 02-09-2019
    Test Results - 02-11-2019 | passed
    BI packet - turned in 02-28-2019
    Medical - 03-07-2019 | Passed
    SI - 03-13-2019
    SI Results - 03-14-2019 | passed
    Fitness - 03-19-2019 | passed

03-18-2019 | got an email “case management reassigned due to changes in H.R”
    have not heard anything since.

Currently at 38%
    Equip - in progress
    drug - in progress
    polygraph - pending
    background - pending
    final offer - pending

Comment

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      EQIP is something that can be always kicked back to you for updates, specially after POLY, they send it back to you Labeled something like " EQIP re-certification prior to commencement of Field portion(the investigator interviews) of BI" ( not those exact words) in others words is not really DONE done until you are adjudicated.

• SmokeScreen07
      SmokeScreen07 commented
      Editing a comment
      Safranco2 You're moving along nicely. The e-QIP can take a while for them to review it before it gets released to OPR. Especially since you're like me, and they're changing your case manager on you. I'm currently on my 3rd one, but luckily my 2nd one took care of my e-QIP right before they switched out.

• Safranco2
      Safranco2 commented
      Editing a comment
      SmokeScreen07 i just got an email today that my equip got rejected. Lol but I fixed it already! Are you 19-4 also?

• SmokeScreen07
      SmokeScreen07 commented
      Editing a comment
      Safranco2 That's good, as long as they accept your corrections, it should be released to OPR soon. Nope I'm 18-13 Regular applicant.

• Hi guys! I recently joined this forum, but have been reading various posts for a while now. I'm currently in the process for the CBPO 19-1 position at IAD. I'm currently at 50%, and took my polygraph last week. The examiner signaled that I passed, but I just received an email from the examiner asking me to come in for additional testing at the request of QC. Is this a cause for concern, or a normal occurrence? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comment

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      normal...its not common though..but people have been asked to come back

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      If they make you come back multiple times I’d say it’s uncommon - I wonder what the backend people saw the administrator didn’t

• Phoenix77
      Phoenix77 commented
      Editing a comment
      I studied abroad for about a year in a foreign country the US is not really on great terms with. I’m curious if it has something to do with that.

• Just curious on how long everyone's background time's are looking after being turned in that is still waiting. Mine was turned in before the shut down and still waiting.

Comment

• spilker13
      spilker13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here. Turned in before shut down as well. What announcement are you? 18-4 here

• klocklear86
      klocklear86 commented
      Editing a comment
      @spilker13....I am currently a 19-2 but I was a 18-6 5-7dh. I reapplied because I'm currently with the Bureau of Prisons and that makes me a GS9.

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      18-3, mine was turned in November 27. still waiting.

• Nousername1
      Nousername1 commented
      Editing a comment
      18-6 BI also turned in before the shut down.

• Out of curiosity how long does it take for them to call you after you’ve taken your drug test? I took my drug test yesterday and have completed all the other steps.

Comment

• Srhernza115
      Srhernza115 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea I know lol. Thanks.

• Icemanusa
      Icemanusa commented
      Editing a comment
      Called me 3 business days after

• Gdelgado0220
      Gdelgado0220 commented
      Editing a comment
      Tomorrow makes a week for me since my drug test and haven’t heard anything...hasn’t updated on CASS either. Ugh lol

• Jgonz383
      Jgonz383 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got the call a week after the drug test and I eod June 3rd weird thing is that CASS hasn’t updated for me. Still says drug test in progress lol

• hi, 19-3 here, currently in SI stage at the end of april

Comment

• In the process of CBP job application. Been reading post and seems like most go through the first few steps super fast and then it drastically slows down. Is this for all job? Or is US customs and border patrol have different time frames?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Border Patrol tends to move way faster than CBPO.... and yes, everything will slow down tremendously after SI.... if you want its fast and can go to swb, apply for fast track, I know someone completed everything in 60 days... waiting for the call now....

• anyone can enlighten me whats the differences between Direct Hire and regular one?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        Direct Hire goes to south west border only (Texas, AZ, CA). No choice. Regular one has more options to chose from when receiving the call.

• After more than 8 months I got a call this morning from the nurse that has been working with me on my medical to let me know that I’ve been cleared medically. Now it’s on to waiting to schedule my polygraph appointment. Hopefully it won’t be to long, but I’ll remain realistic.
      Thanks to all that have given me advice for this stage of the process.

A tip for any and all veterans who apply, get any medical info that relates to your VA disability rating and submit it with your regular medical appointment. If you have a VA disability rating, you WILL be asked for additional medical info. So it’s best to submit as much as you can as early as possible.
      Last edited by Luckyjack90; 04-11-2019, 09:25 AM.

Comment

• SmokeScreen07
        SmokeScreen07 commented
        Editing a comment
        Luckyjack90 Congrats on clearing medical, I didn't know the medical staff will actually call and talk to you.

• Luckyjack90
        Luckyjack90 commented
        Editing a comment
        SmokeScreen07 they usually don’t as I’ve read, but this head nurse has really been helpful to me and has been helping for awhile so she wanted to let me know the good news personally.

• SmokeScreen07
        SmokeScreen07 commented
        Editing a comment
        Luckyjack90 That's awesome, good luck on the rest of your processing.

• Off the topic of hiring... What’s with CBPs rank structure? The uniforms and everything look great including the badges but the ranks make no sense. Like if you are a “Supervisor” you literally have that written on your badge... that’s so weird and demeaning... I mean CBP is considered a law Enforcment job, they should have Law Enforcment ranks. Instead of Supervisor it should be Seargant... just a thought. What do y’all think?

Comment

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        could care less...if you're worried about that...LOL you have a Loooong LEO career ahead of you...Loong meaning bad not good...I have seen county/city agencies with supervisor written on their cars....*shrugs
        Last edited by Evolution81; 04-11-2019, 10:39 AM.

• MrAce
        MrAce commented
        Editing a comment
        Not worried about it, just commenting that it looks stupid... there’s nothing else’s to talk about seeing as that they take years to schedules peoples pollys

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        CBP doesn't have a "sergeant" rank.

The rank structure goes back decades into the legacy INS and USCS eras.

• I am in announcement 18-9 and my whole process is been kind of slow, i applied last year in June and as today 04/11/19 my process completion is at 75% just waiting for results of the DT which i don't have any doubts about it, and i guess final offer is next, guys a recommendation i can share is be patient always communicate with each department if anything is missing or needed more info, don't just wait for emails. good luck to all of us it this process, any questions let me know.

Comment

• MrAce
        MrAce commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m sure they are waiting to schedule my Polly for when I’m supposed to go on vacation so they can mess up another vaca for me

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        corsair how do you edit eqip? Because I contacted my case manager and he said that at this moment I would have to wait until it gets assigned to a investigator so I can make some corrections and edit my eqip.

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        After I submitted my original I realized I made a mistake so I reached out to my case manager and she rejected it for me. I'm assuming once it goes to OPR theres no more editing until it gets released back to you prior to BI. That being said I'll need to make some edits to mine once that happens as I'm getting married next month but I noted that in the comments of my original EQIP.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah man your process went fast. Not slow at all.

• I have been lurking for a while...

18-3 DH and 18-5 VRA for CBP

Applied end of Dec.
      Exam pass 01/12/18
      E-qip sent 01/25/18
      Medical 02/12/18
      fit test 03/20/18
      Extra medical 05/14/18
      -received 05/21/18
      Structured Interview 05/23/18
      1st polygraph 09/26/18
      2nd poly passed 10/16/18
      E-qip recert 11/01/18
      BI met w/ field agent 11/14/18
      BI sent back to CBP 12/01/18
      CBP Email Back from Shutdown 02/04/19
      Drug (Pending)
      BI (Pending)

I know some people have been waiting longer than me, but it always sucks seeing news that CBP is having a hard time hiring candidates... I'm here and waiting lol

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        i have almost the same timeline as you just a few days off between things, im 18-3 regular announcement.

• Anyone that knows the process JFK (or any other port) on how they make travel arrangements for you? I've read somewhere that they might be able to fly you back every week from home to class free. Can anyone confirm this?

Comment

• zombiemap
        zombiemap commented
        Editing a comment
        no such thing, You have to spend your own money if you want to come back for the weekends, which I doubt anyone it would cost too much.

• mobyfish
        mobyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm at JFK right now... You can either drive or fly down... the choice is yours... as far as the weekend goes, it's up to you, just make sure you're able to attend class monday morning at 730 am.

• zombiemap
        zombiemap commented
        Editing a comment
        mobyfish what’s your work schedule like at jfk?

• Originally posted by JPOL View Post
      Anyone that knows the process JFK (or any other port) on how they make travel arrangements for you? I've read somewhere that they might be able to fly you back every week from home to class free. Can anyone confirm this?
      They will fly you from you port to FLETC to start training. They will fly you from FLETC to your port when you leave FLETC.

That's it. Your personal travel is all on your own time and own dime.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7439 users online. 318 members and 7121 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X