Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So if you applied for OFO and did the Written, SI, PFT and Med, what, if anything transfers over to BPA?

Comment

• Nousername1
      Nousername1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Only medical, poly and background transfers over.

• Alpha0556
      Alpha0556 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nousername1 understood, at least it saves a couple steps

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      I have an application for both going. As Alpha0556 said, those are the only ones that work across the apps.... However it does seem to help move things along faster as they both follow slightly different orders for processing. Or maybe I'm just lucky? :P

• I figured why not. I've got nothing to lose. This is my last chance as I am reaching the cut off age. They said i could reapply so I did. I will attach all supporting documents when I do equip.

Comment

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      I hear you bud your basically going ALL IN ! Go for broke. I’m waiting to hopefully get it but pursuing other things as well better to have different options imo

• Repost.....
    Last edited by Hal29; 04-09-2019, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• Just wondering if anyone from 19-2 received email or phone call in regards to scheduling polygraph. If you picked JFK does it take place there or in the vicinity of your port.

Comment

• SPX
        SPX commented
        Editing a comment
        19-2 and no call or e-mail yet. Just been keeping myself occupied and aware for any phone calls and e-mails.

I hit 50% on 03/22/19. I've read that a 19-3 got a call for a polygraph appointment a few days ago, should be a good sign.
        Last edited by SPX; 04-09-2019, 02:29 PM.

• Crake
        Crake commented
        Editing a comment
        19-2 waiting on poly as well

• Anyone here in the 19-4 process for Newark? Took the SI and passed April 1st. Heard the hiring is incredibly drawn out from here on out

Comment

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hicknad101 I EOD to Newark next month, the longest thing that holds anyone up is medical if they state you need additional paperwork. Process alone seems to take 6 months or longer on average. So if you passed medical and its green your good, Next is Poly, some people do not seem to get poly's scheduled. Theres a lot of people are all the way back in like 18-3 hiring group and up sitting at 50% still waiting on poly. Once you pass poly the BI is left and that can be a long wait depending on your background and who is assigned. Looking at 1 month to over a year. Once that goes green drug test and "the call" come fast.

It is a very long wait and it can be all luck, both of the polys I took werent originally scheduled for me, I was offered both after the original applicants canceled. Yes, I took two polys. i also didnt have to wait on BI as I signed for provisional and it was granted. I got lucky and my process took 4 months from start to "the call" It will be 9 months from when I applied to when I start working on May 6th. Either way goodluck and keep applying to other places as well.

• leo1112
        leo1112 commented
        Editing a comment
        KevinMO91 what you mean you were provisional so you didn’t have to wait for Bi?

• leo1112
        leo1112 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m from newark area as well , I got email to redo eqip it was rejected smh

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        leo1112 when you fill out e-qip you can submit a form to request a provisional clearance, If they grant you it, you can get hired before your BI is done. Most people that get provisional seem to have the BI clear while they are in the academy

• Anyone else here a Security Guard with TWIC clearance from Homeland Security? Just curious.

Comment

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        Hospital Security Guard (FL - unarmed); TWIC; Security clearance.... among a few other qualifications and certifications.

Looking for questions or advice? :P

• Still waiting for the "call" for the CBPO position after being referred to the TSU a few weeks ago. Seems the BPA calls right away but with Customs there's a bit of wait, crossing my fingers the call comes soon.

Comment

• DMC1988
        DMC1988 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hyper33 it will come soon enough. Were you provisional clear?

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        The BP needs far more new hires. They're also the favorite son. Don't figure on OFO becoming a priority for hiring anytime soon.

• Hyper33
        Hyper33 commented
        Editing a comment
        DMC1988 Yep, I'm pretty sure I signed it last year. Regardless, like a lot of people here, I been in the process for a little over a year and half so what's a few more weeks going do haha. It'll come sooner or later.

• Hello everyone,

I took the CBPO exam today and it wasn't easy, does anyone know when I should be receiving my NOR?

Comment

• MattCBP
        MattCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        About 3-7 days on average

• Kels
        Kels commented
        Editing a comment
        what grade was the exam for?

• Mike_lowrey
        Mike_lowrey commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Mattcbp,
        I received my NOR and passed very excited. Wondering what could be next.

• Hi all. 19-4 here. Just thought I would post my timeline thus far.
      From Long Island, trying to get into JFK. Seems like the process is going along quick so far, I'm sure the real wait will start after the SI.
      Anyone else 19-4 for JFK??

1/10/19 Entrance exam
      2/8/19 NOR
      2/14/19 EQIP submitted
      2/22/19 Medical exam
      3/22/19 Fitness exam
      5/2/19 SI scheduled

CASS at 25%
      EQIP Pending
      Fitness exam complete
      Medical exam complete
      SI pending
      Poly pending
      BI pending
      Drug test pending
      Final offer pending
      Last edited by nickg317; 04-09-2019, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• xknuckles
        xknuckles commented
        Editing a comment
        wow 19-3 for JFK and my medical is still pending for two months now. My SI is this Monday

• nickg317
        nickg317 commented
        Editing a comment
        xknuckles. Yeah I got pretty lucky and I never had any broken bones or surgeries... Goodluck! Let me know how it goes

• xknuckles
        xknuckles commented
        Editing a comment
        nickg317 neither have I, don’t know what’s taking so long then lol

• nickg317
        nickg317 commented
        Editing a comment
        xknuckles how did your SI go?

• https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/nationa...-duty-handguns

CBP awards new duty handgun contract to Glock.

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        "With the award of this contract, CBP intends to transition all law enforcement personnel from the current .40 pistol to a 9mm pistol by the end of Fiscal Year 2021."

• SmokeScreen07
        SmokeScreen07 commented
        Editing a comment
        This post, lists some of the rumored models chosen.

http://soldiersystems.net/2019/04/09...lock-handguns/

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        raudy06 I saw that, but thats a timeline of when they expect EVERYONE to have it, it will be issued before that and will logically start at the academy. The question is how soon.

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        They will have 3 models to choose from, this is coming from DHS. Hopefully they start giving them out for the new academy dates. My academy day is next week, I’ve shot the HK and wasn’t impressed with it. Shoots wells but very small on the hands...awkward feel for a guy with big hands

• Hey quick question for you guys I'm from call 17-10 (yes it's been a long while since the beginning stages in September of 2017) just finished up with my 3rd Polygraph and got a verbal pass...my question on here is about the BI and the workplace. I dont have any issues at my workplace or anything like that, but I would like to keep it private except for references which I have put down that know I applied. I dont really want everyone around my job knowing I plan on leaving if everything works out. Does the BI actually go to the job to talk to people. Or just does like neighbors, references Wife, and things like that. Or would I be able to discuss my issues with him about my job beforehand?? Anyone have any ideas. Thanks in advance

Comment

• bonds525
        bonds525 commented
        Editing a comment
        They go to your job and previous jobs and everyone on the EQuip

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        This is one of the issues I don't like too. They come to your job, everybody knows you are leaving and 6 months later, you are still there... will feel extremely weird... fort1978 but yes, they will come to your job... and mostly just talk to your current boss and maybe HR rep,

• fort1978
        fort1978 commented
        Editing a comment
        Really I wouldn't have a problem with then talking to my boss since he already knows what's in the works and a few people that work with me already know also which isnt an issue but an H.R. rep would be an issue cause they would let everyone know....lol....hopefully it will just be my boss or a few of my bosses since I have about 3....lol

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        deal with it...they come to your job..better get used to it .....all fed leo job BIs come to your job...that should be the least of your worries...worry about passing the BI...

• 19-2 Just got "the call" yesterday

Comment

• Icemanusa
        Icemanusa commented
        Editing a comment
        Took poly last week of March. David1984 not prior military or leo

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        definitely signed for provisional right?

• SmokeScreen07
        SmokeScreen07 commented
        Editing a comment
        @ Icemanusa Are you DH, and under this new expedited hiring initiative?

Congratulations either way, but that seems insanely fast for someone who just applied.

• Icemanusa
        Icemanusa commented
        Editing a comment
        I did apply to both the regular and DH announcement as well as BP Did not sign provisional nor am I on the expedited initiative as far as I know that started after I applied. I did decline the offer and accepted one for border patrol.

• David1984

i believe it. There are 19-4 BP applicants who have already taken their polygraph.

Comment

• Originally posted by fsi1212 View Post
        Current timeline. These are just month and year since I don't remember the exact dates.

VRA 18-3

01/2018 Initial application
        01/2018 Test and NOR (GS5)
        01/2018 eQIP
        02/2018 Medical exam and PFT1
        02/2018 PFT1 passed
        03/2018 eQIP rejected
        03/2018 eQIP corrected and sent to OPR
        05/2018 SI with NOR (passed)
        06/2018 Further medical documentation requested (4 months after original medical exam)
        06/2018 Medical documentation received by CBPHiringMed
        03/2019 Further medical documentation requested (yes again and yes that is 9 months after I sent in original documentation)
        ?????? Final medical clearance
        ?????? Polygraph
        ?????? BI
        ?????? Drug test
        ?????? Final offer/TSU/EOD, etc.
        04/03/2019 Further medical documentation delivered to the processing office
        04/08/2019 Requested update on whether the processing office received my documentation
        04/09/2019 Received email from medical processing office stating it can take 2-3 business days to inpute documents into the system (yes, this was received 4 business days after it was delivered -_-)
        04/09/2019 Received email later in the day that they have received and uploaded my medical documents to the system
        ????????? Final medical clearance
        ????????? BI
        ????????? Drug test
        ????????? Final/offer/TSU/EOD, etc.

Note that I've been in the hiring process for 15 months and have not even passed medical yet.
        Last edited by fsi1212; 04-10-2019, 08:46 AM.

Comment

• collapse
          collapse commented
          Editing a comment
          18-6 same-ish boat

Med exam in April, sent additional med paperwork in July, sent more in March, but I did my poly in Oct and met with my BI in November.

• fsi1212
          fsi1212 commented
          Editing a comment
          collapse lucky you. No poly or BI yet for me.

• Verbal pass in my polygraph this morning! I was in and out in less than 2 hours.

Comment

• SmokeScreen07
          SmokeScreen07 commented
          Editing a comment
          Krash777 Congratulations

• txm44
          txm44 commented
          Editing a comment
          Where was ur poly ?if u don’t mind sharing.

• Talonderiel
          Talonderiel commented
          Editing a comment
          2 hours? I hope mine is that quick! lol

• OKCsparrow
          OKCsparrow commented
          Editing a comment
          Mine was 6 hours

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8778 users online. 415 members and 8363 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X