300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/nationa...-duty-handguns

CBP awards new duty handgun contract to Glock.

Comment

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      "With the award of this contract, CBP intends to transition all law enforcement personnel from the current .40 pistol to a 9mm pistol by the end of Fiscal Year 2021."

• SmokeScreen07
      SmokeScreen07 commented
      Editing a comment
      This post, lists some of the rumored models chosen.

http://soldiersystems.net/2019/04/09...lock-handguns/

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      raudy06 I saw that, but thats a timeline of when they expect EVERYONE to have it, it will be issued before that and will logically start at the academy. The question is how soon.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      They will have 3 models to choose from, this is coming from DHS. Hopefully they start giving them out for the new academy dates. My academy day is next week, I’ve shot the HK and wasn’t impressed with it. Shoots wells but very small on the hands...awkward feel for a guy with big hands

• Hey quick question for you guys I'm from call 17-10 (yes it's been a long while since the beginning stages in September of 2017) just finished up with my 3rd Polygraph and got a verbal pass...my question on here is about the BI and the workplace. I dont have any issues at my workplace or anything like that, but I would like to keep it private except for references which I have put down that know I applied. I dont really want everyone around my job knowing I plan on leaving if everything works out. Does the BI actually go to the job to talk to people. Or just does like neighbors, references Wife, and things like that. Or would I be able to discuss my issues with him about my job beforehand?? Anyone have any ideas. Thanks in advance

Comment

• bonds525
      bonds525 commented
      Editing a comment
      They go to your job and previous jobs and everyone on the EQuip

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      This is one of the issues I don't like too. They come to your job, everybody knows you are leaving and 6 months later, you are still there... will feel extremely weird... fort1978 but yes, they will come to your job... and mostly just talk to your current boss and maybe HR rep,

• fort1978
      fort1978 commented
      Editing a comment
      Really I wouldn't have a problem with then talking to my boss since he already knows what's in the works and a few people that work with me already know also which isnt an issue but an H.R. rep would be an issue cause they would let everyone know....lol....hopefully it will just be my boss or a few of my bosses since I have about 3....lol

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      deal with it...they come to your job..better get used to it .....all fed leo job BIs come to your job...that should be the least of your worries...worry about passing the BI...

• 19-2 Just got "the call" yesterday

Comment

• Icemanusa
      Icemanusa commented
      Editing a comment
      Took poly last week of March. David1984 not prior military or leo

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      definitely signed for provisional right?

• SmokeScreen07
      SmokeScreen07 commented
      Editing a comment
      @ Icemanusa Are you DH, and under this new expedited hiring initiative?

Congratulations either way, but that seems insanely fast for someone who just applied.

• Icemanusa
      Icemanusa commented
      Editing a comment
      I did apply to both the regular and DH announcement as well as BP Did not sign provisional nor am I on the expedited initiative as far as I know that started after I applied. I did decline the offer and accepted one for border patrol.

• David1984

i believe it. There are 19-4 BP applicants who have already taken their polygraph.

Comment

• Originally posted by fsi1212 View Post
      Current timeline. These are just month and year since I don't remember the exact dates.

VRA 18-3

01/2018 Initial application
      01/2018 Test and NOR (GS5)
      01/2018 eQIP
      02/2018 Medical exam and PFT1
      02/2018 PFT1 passed
      03/2018 eQIP rejected
      03/2018 eQIP corrected and sent to OPR
      05/2018 SI with NOR (passed)
      06/2018 Further medical documentation requested (4 months after original medical exam)
      06/2018 Medical documentation received by CBPHiringMed
      03/2019 Further medical documentation requested (yes again and yes that is 9 months after I sent in original documentation)
      ?????? Final medical clearance
      ?????? Polygraph
      ?????? BI
      ?????? Drug test
      ?????? Final offer/TSU/EOD, etc.
      04/03/2019 Further medical documentation delivered to the processing office
      04/08/2019 Requested update on whether the processing office received my documentation
      04/09/2019 Received email from medical processing office stating it can take 2-3 business days to inpute documents into the system (yes, this was received 4 business days after it was delivered -_-)
      04/09/2019 Received email later in the day that they have received and uploaded my medical documents to the system
      ????????? Final medical clearance
      ????????? BI
      ????????? Drug test
      ????????? Final/offer/TSU/EOD, etc.

Note that I've been in the hiring process for 15 months and have not even passed medical yet.
      Last edited by fsi1212; 04-10-2019, 08:46 AM.

Comment

• collapse
        collapse commented
        Editing a comment
        18-6 same-ish boat

Med exam in April, sent additional med paperwork in July, sent more in March, but I did my poly in Oct and met with my BI in November.

• fsi1212
        fsi1212 commented
        Editing a comment
        collapse lucky you. No poly or BI yet for me.

• Verbal pass in my polygraph this morning! I was in and out in less than 2 hours.

Comment

• SmokeScreen07
        SmokeScreen07 commented
        Editing a comment
        Krash777 Congratulations

• txm44
        txm44 commented
        Editing a comment
        Where was ur poly ?if u don’t mind sharing.

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        2 hours? I hope mine is that quick! lol

• OKCsparrow
        OKCsparrow commented
        Editing a comment
        Mine was 6 hours

• I am VRA 17-10 so I’ve been in the process for a bit...

Comment

• jamoranto
        jamoranto commented
        Editing a comment
        Where are you in the process? I'm 17-11. Took my poly 03/25 and passed. Waiting for Drug test and BI.

• Ok so I got a call today from Minnesota to check on how my process was going. So first question...Is that a good sign?
      I was also curious if anyone else here has gotten "the call" under Direct Hire vacancy and was given a choice of were to go. I am really really REALLY am hoping to get the Rio Grand Valley area were I am and were my husband has been BP for 16 yrs now. However, when I talk to the woman on the phone today she said that I was under Loredo, Del Rio, Persidio, and I believe El Paso. My vacancy stated "location negotiable"...what do you all think my changes are for getting something down here?

Comment

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        I think a few pages back someone got a call regarding the process - nothing special aside from a quality check. Did you check your application to see the locations?

• ncavazos
        ncavazos commented
        Editing a comment
        on my app its DH and "location negotiable" the only location closest to me at the time I applied was Roma so thats what I selected but its about a 2 hour drive from here.

• bonds525
        bonds525 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was DH, you go to where you checked off on the initial application, I was hoping to go southern border but I had to reapply to posting with the location I wanted.

• ncavazos
        ncavazos commented
        Editing a comment
        bonds525 I cant reapply ..I'm 40 going on 41 so i'm going to have to take it or I'm out.

• Hi guys, new to this post! Just wanted to share my progress so far. I applied out of El Paso Tx.

CBPO 19-4
      Applied 01-31-2019
      Test - 02-09-2019
      Test Results - 02-11-2019 | passed
      BI packet - turned in 02-28-2019
      Medical - 03-07-2019 | Passed
      SI - 03-13-2019
      SI Results - 03-14-2019 | passed
      Fitness - 03-19-2019 | passed

03-18-2019 | got an email “case management reassigned due to changes in H.R”
      have not heard anything since.

Currently at 38%
      Equip - in progress
      drug - in progress
      polygraph - pending
      background - pending
      final offer - pending

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        EQIP is something that can be always kicked back to you for updates, specially after POLY, they send it back to you Labeled something like " EQIP re-certification prior to commencement of Field portion(the investigator interviews) of BI" ( not those exact words) in others words is not really DONE done until you are adjudicated.

• SmokeScreen07
        SmokeScreen07 commented
        Editing a comment
        Safranco2 You're moving along nicely. The e-QIP can take a while for them to review it before it gets released to OPR. Especially since you're like me, and they're changing your case manager on you. I'm currently on my 3rd one, but luckily my 2nd one took care of my e-QIP right before they switched out.

• Safranco2
        Safranco2 commented
        Editing a comment
        SmokeScreen07 i just got an email today that my equip got rejected. Lol but I fixed it already! Are you 19-4 also?

• SmokeScreen07
        SmokeScreen07 commented
        Editing a comment
        Safranco2 That's good, as long as they accept your corrections, it should be released to OPR soon. Nope I'm 18-13 Regular applicant.

• Hi guys! I recently joined this forum, but have been reading various posts for a while now. I'm currently in the process for the CBPO 19-1 position at IAD. I'm currently at 50%, and took my polygraph last week. The examiner signaled that I passed, but I just received an email from the examiner asking me to come in for additional testing at the request of QC. Is this a cause for concern, or a normal occurrence? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comment

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        normal...its not common though..but people have been asked to come back

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        If they make you come back multiple times I’d say it’s uncommon - I wonder what the backend people saw the administrator didn’t

• Phoenix77
        Phoenix77 commented
        Editing a comment
        I studied abroad for about a year in a foreign country the US is not really on great terms with. I’m curious if it has something to do with that.

• Just curious on how long everyone's background time's are looking after being turned in that is still waiting. Mine was turned in before the shut down and still waiting.

Comment

• spilker13
        spilker13 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here. Turned in before shut down as well. What announcement are you? 18-4 here

• klocklear86
        klocklear86 commented
        Editing a comment
        @spilker13....I am currently a 19-2 but I was a 18-6 5-7dh. I reapplied because I'm currently with the Bureau of Prisons and that makes me a GS9.

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        18-3, mine was turned in November 27. still waiting.

• Nousername1
        Nousername1 commented
        Editing a comment
        18-6 BI also turned in before the shut down.

• Out of curiosity how long does it take for them to call you after you’ve taken your drug test? I took my drug test yesterday and have completed all the other steps.

Comment

• Srhernza115
        Srhernza115 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea I know lol. Thanks.

• Icemanusa
        Icemanusa commented
        Editing a comment
        Called me 3 business days after

• Gdelgado0220
        Gdelgado0220 commented
        Editing a comment
        Tomorrow makes a week for me since my drug test and haven’t heard anything...hasn’t updated on CASS either. Ugh lol

• Jgonz383
        Jgonz383 commented
        Editing a comment
        I got the call a week after the drug test and I eod June 3rd weird thing is that CASS hasn’t updated for me. Still says drug test in progress lol

• hi, 19-3 here, currently in SI stage at the end of april

Comment

• In the process of CBP job application. Been reading post and seems like most go through the first few steps super fast and then it drastically slows down. Is this for all job? Or is US customs and border patrol have different time frames?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Border Patrol tends to move way faster than CBPO.... and yes, everything will slow down tremendously after SI.... if you want its fast and can go to swb, apply for fast track, I know someone completed everything in 60 days... waiting for the call now....

• anyone can enlighten me whats the differences between Direct Hire and regular one?

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          Direct Hire goes to south west border only (Texas, AZ, CA). No choice. Regular one has more options to chose from when receiving the call.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9871 users online. 470 members and 9401 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X