Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a call just from a 952 (Minnesota) area code. It was a gal from CBP doing a checkup asking how my application process was going and if I had any questions. Anyone else get one of those? She didn't know the specifics of my case, but it was a nice gesture. Asked about academy dates, she said they are full through mid September, but could schedule you sooner if there is a vacancy at the time of your "Call". She also provided some insight into the provisional clear. I was under the assumption that those who signed the PC would only get pulled if their port was in a high demand for officers. She made it seem like all PCs would get expedited, or pulled sooner than later as long as their background looked good at face value. Food for thought. I am 18-9 waiting on my background to clear.

Comment

• MrAce
      MrAce commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s awesome, someone in 18-9 wrote the other day that they got a call to standby for a Poly call out. Looks like they are making there way to us 18-9s. I’m still waiting to get scheduled for a poly. Did my SI at end of August

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      yes nothing special

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      wow wow slow down bro, im 18-8 and haven't gotten anything yet, let me go first, get in line bro....lol CAL0231

• Achyuta
      Achyuta commented
      Editing a comment
      Ya i got a call from the same # about a week ago, asked how the process was and if i had any questions about anything in general. Same boat as you just waiting on BI to clear.

• Take exam next week, but just had an interview today for a police department.

we will see what happens with all of this.
    Last edited by Hal29; 04-05-2019, 09:42 PM.

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. Yeah I'm not giving up on anything. Just not who I am. Whether it's here, local p.d. I'll keep trying and I'll land somewhere. If it's local. Cool, won't have to move to far. If it's with cbp, well we will see where that goes. Always wasn't to work as a federal leo.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Srhernza115 congrats.

• Srhernza115
      Srhernza115 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Hal. Hopefully all goes well for you.

• collapse
      collapse commented
      Editing a comment
      Good ****, keep going forward.

• I'll just drop this here. I hope it helps you guys if you are on the pipeline.

CBP terminates controversial $297 million Accenture contract amid continued staffing struggles

18-1:

11/08/17 Referral email
    11/13/17 eQIP package submitted
    11/21/17 Medical exam done.
    12/07/17 Fitness exam done, passed.
    12/13/17 Medical updated: Further eval...
    01/12/18 Credit Report pulled
    01/16/18 eQIP re-released to OPR
    01/23/18 SI scheduled.
    02/14/18 SI interview
    02/16/18 NOR SI: Passed
    03/13/18 Med-review team sent me forms
    05/17/18 Med review received all doc's
    09/07/18 Application withdrawn
    03/17/19 EOD (same agency, different job)

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Somewhat related...Senate bill to increase CBPO staffing by 600 additional CBPOs over attrition each year until staffing goal is reached...roughly 3700 additional CBPO hires in total.

https://www.hstoday.us/federal-pages...ing-shortages/

• JB411
      JB411 commented
      Editing a comment
      finally they did.

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      That contract didn’t seem to help with the process anyway so glad they dropped it

• Been practicing the step test on a 13in step, how hard did you guys find it? Not really out of Breath after 5 mins but might have to switch legs to keep up with the tempo.

Comment

• SmokeScreen07
      SmokeScreen07 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thinkmango It's really not that bad / hard of a test. They recommend you switch legs halfway through the test, I did and it wasn't bad. Just keep practicing the rhythm / tempo, and you'll be fine.

• Srhernza115
      Srhernza115 commented
      Editing a comment
      Practice switching your legs during the test. That’s what I did because personally I wouldn’t have been able to keep up if I was just using my right leg the whole time. Other than that it wasn’t too hard.

• rergang3
      rergang3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wasn't bad at all. I mean I didn't practice so I was a tiny bit nervous, but it was a piece of cake. I can see what you mean about the leg thing but once you find your inner rhythm, it's a breeze. PLus the place I did it at were using a CD that skipped a lot, so I really just had to keep the rhythm in my head and the time flew by quicker that way. However, everyone's different and I'm not trying to sound conceited. Bottom line, you'll do great!

• Maybe I'm reaching too far on connecting things here, but based on what this article says, Accenture played a large role for several parts of the hiring process for thousands of applicants. Now my connection I first thought of is that maybe that's why the process has been crucially slow for some. If this contract ended and the applicant was within their pool of applicants, it could cause a delay in moving them under the proper company? Idk, does that make sense?

https://www.hstoday.us/federal-pages...g-falls-short/

Comment

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      There might be something to your thoughts.... Though, I'd lead more towards previous OIG reports of the process being prolonged due to Congressionally mandated steps and required procedures.

• I think we should all go on Strike until they hire us all at once... Lmao. But seriously I’m getting so tired of this process and I haven’t even been waiting as much as some people on here. It’s just so frustrating... I wish it wasn’t outrageously hard to become a regular Cop in my state and that I lived down south.

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      What state do you live in?

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      this is nothing compared to the marshals..every fed leo process is long and arduous....get used to it

• RJ_Jersey
      RJ_Jersey commented
      Editing a comment
      I applied December 2017 haha. This is more of a back burner type of process. You don't do this process and put all your eggs in a basket. In the meantime i would suggest doing other LEO applications. You can always withdraw from them IF and WHEN you get a call for this.

• zFinest
      zFinest commented
      Editing a comment
      100k + a year job doesn't hire you in a split second. Patience is the key.

• Who can I contact in regards to the polygraph. My case manager?

Comment

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought the case managers have nothing to do with the scheduling or process of the polygraph - what are you trying to have done?

• Well anyone in the Bay Area should be happy. A spot should be opening up because Im going to pass on this job. The sheriffs office is moving faster in one month than 8 months of this.

Comment

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Which "Bay Area"?? There are quite a few Bay Areas (San Diego, Tampa, San Francisco) :P ..... Congrats on the S/O position! I'd say keep them both going. You'll like be done with your Probie year by the time this one reaches the final offer.

Then you'll have a 2nd job if the S/O gig isn't what you like. Just my thoughts. Congrats again!

• SI in a few days, But i don’t have my Real ID license yet. Coming in the mail soon.. Will i be okay ?

Comment

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmmm.... I'd call the case manager and ask them for guidance. If they say it has to be Real ID Compliant, then you might need to look into an expedited passport. State Department says it can be done in ~8 days at an agency. :\

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...ing-times.html

• javi87
      javi87 commented
      Editing a comment
      @jstyleszx

I pulled up my SI email from January and this is what I got after reading the email.

https://www.dhs.gov/real-id/california

• Anthony_525
      Anthony_525 commented
      Editing a comment
      I saw that, April 10th, bummer since mine is April 24th. I’m going to the dmv first thing tomorrow and will pray I get it before my interview.

• zFinest
      zFinest commented
      Editing a comment
      Take your passport.

• Originally posted by JStyleszx View Post
    SI in a few days, But i don’t have my Real ID license yet. Coming in the mail soon.. Will i be okay ?
    According to the DHS website you can use your state issued ID or DL until October 1st, 2020
    Last edited by Anthony_525; 04-06-2019, 10:46 PM.

Comment

• Anyone otj can explain how field training works for cbp??

Comment

• ES90
        ES90 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you ask 10 different people in OFO from FTO's to upper management they'll all give you a different answer so I really can't help. My Port basically puts you straight into Primary and Secondary and has some classes spread out through your first month. Its sink or swim, which I liked.

• zFinest
        zFinest commented
        Editing a comment
        Different OJT for different ports. If you state the port you are applying to, someone from that port can possibly help you.

• leo1112
        leo1112 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nj or ny area so ports / airports in these areas Jfk , LaGuardia ect

• I’m hearing that the academy is getting a little more regimented and harder in the physical part

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        Prior to 2008, OFO(and it's legacy predecessors) had no minimum retirement age, no
        maximum hiring age restrictions and, in large part, it marketed itself to the late 30's to late 50's crowd as a second or retirement-bridge career. As such, the academies were designed with older, experienced folk in mind...lighter on the physical aspects, heavier on the academics.

Then there are females. OFO hires far more than most other federal LEO positions. Again, another reason to back off from top-end physicality levels.

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        oh noes..better get to working out fatty..LOL...(im fat but i run 3x a week..lol)

• ES90
        ES90 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good, it was a legitimate joke when I was there in 2017.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        The whole idea that an academy should be difficult and remove lots of people is questionable. If the pre-employment processes are done well and a proper background is done, then most problems should be culled from the process before the academy. A "difficult"academy is usually just window dressing to make an agency look like it's addressing real problems jumping on new hires and firing some people for largely trivial reasons.

Related, huge numbers complain about the polygraph and how it removes good people for petty reasons. Many want medical waivers, they want "advice" for the interview, they want to train to minimal physical standards and otherwise want to game the hiring process and do no more than the minimals needed to get hired. That's the true nature of the beast.

• I was informed of my 24 April 2019 EOD in December and haven't heard a thing since. Still no point of contact or updates or anything. I've been checking my email every single day. Anyone else know how far out from your EOD before they contact you?

Comment

• Jgonz383
        Jgonz383 commented
        Editing a comment
        I EOD June 3rd and was told that 2 weeks prior I would receive an email with instructions.

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's 2 weeks prior to EOD to get final offer email, that means you should get it around the 10th. They should of told you that when you got the call. Either way don't worry until the 10th. I'm still waiting on my email but I don't expect it until the 23rd of this month.

• Trev928
        Trev928 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m in the same boat as you. My EOD is 4/24/19 and FLETC 5/9/19 Still haven’t heard anything. I live in Atlanta and my port is JFK. I still have to submit notice with my job. But as of 4/9/19 nothing. Everybody keep saying 2 weeks out, I guess we’ll see tomorrow

• zFinest
        zFinest commented
        Editing a comment
        If you got an EOD date, you will be fine. They send the information to the port that you are all done with the process. Now you wait until the port send you the welcome to CBP letter with your EOD time and location.

• New here from 19-6 any advice completed the onboarding tasks last week 4/3.

Comment

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm from 19-4 and what i've learned this far is don't quit your day job this is a very lengthy process, make sure to use the search function, and enjoy your time here.

• 19-5 JFK. Medical scheduled 4/15 and PFT scheduled 4/16. PFT is just push-ups, sit-ups, and the step test? And what are the requirements for medical?

Comment

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment

• Thinkmango
        Thinkmango commented
        Editing a comment
        What About blood pressure? I know mines was a little high but I've been eating pretty clean and working out, haven't gone to the doc to get it read.

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m sure if it’s high enough they’ll require additional information - if that happens prepare for an even more extended wait time

• zFinest
        zFinest commented
        Editing a comment
        You will be fine. Don't think about it. Don't stress yourself. Practice and be prepared.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8779 users online. 408 members and 8371 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X