Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contacted Recruiter, she said I’m clear for now and as long I continue to disclose this information as it is requested.
    Last edited by Luckyjack90; 04-05-2019, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      As I said earlier, the details make story...but I don't think that, assuming she's given some sort of official status by USCIS and the applicant wasn't involved as far as promoting/concealing anything prohibited or fraudulent...I'm not convinced it's an automatic disqualifier.

• MrAce
      MrAce commented
      Editing a comment
      I mean I don’t do the hiring for CBP but I would think that would disqualify you... I know it’s not like your fault... I get it. But from CBPs perspective you Litteraly have 2 jobs... 1) Collect Taxes and 2) Enforce Immigration laws.... Too many ties with foreign nationals. Doesn’t look good, they might see you as soft. If she didn’t get caught then I mean how would they even know she overstayed the Visa... just saying. If you really love her then I’d say marry her, put happiness over the job any day.

• bonds525
      bonds525 commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s one specific ? They ask on poly, big no no

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      it might not be an auto DQ..... but it will def open up a can of worms when it comes out during the poly/BI..you DO NOT want to open up a can of worms during the bi/poly phase..tell them NOW

• Originally posted by corsair View Post
    Rooting for you RJ!! Did you have it in Newark?
    Yup

Comment

• So today I went out of town to do some stuff for another federal LE position and out of curiosity I checked my CASS. After being at 63% for about 7 months I saw a little green check mark next to my BI putting me at 75%.

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        Great news, whats your announcement?

• Srhernza115
        Srhernza115 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m announcement 18-4

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats, @ Srhernza115 !!! Enjoy the last couple weeks ::fingers crossed::

• Srhernza115
        Srhernza115 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Talonderiel. I just have to do my drug test which who knows how long that’ll take plus the offer but I’m glad to be where I’m at.

• Deleted————

Comment

• It seems like a lot of people on here get themselves into trouble by talking to much and telling CBP things that they didn’t ask for or would have no way of finding out... expecialy on medicals and poly... Just some food for thought and what I have noticed reading posts over time. What do you guys think?

Comment

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          I’d say yes and no - do you have specific portions you’re referring to? And by portions I mean questions etc

• MrAce
          MrAce commented
          Editing a comment
          Mostly people with the medical, if it’s over so many years old and you were a minor they won’t be able to see those records... if you were in the military that’s another story but like if you were prescribed Xanax at 10 to help you sleep or somthing they wouldn’t be able to find that out...

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup and if they ask for additional information and you haven’t been seeing a doctor no new doctor will just sign off on things.

• Evolution81
          Evolution81 commented
          Editing a comment
          thats the slippery slope...tell them now so there is no questions..or let them find out later and assume you are being deceptive and mark you unsuitable....people have to play their game that fits them...its common sense really..me personally rather tell them now deal with the delay....... then for them to find out and bounce me out the process...i did that had to get a psych eval/copies of all my rx/drs visits...but i didnt have to worry about being bounced from the process...my BI cleared in 1.5 months so it was worth it to me...it took 1.5 years...but i EOD next month
          Last edited by Evolution81; 04-05-2019, 01:20 PM.

• Just an update since my post yesterday.

Today 4/5 I got notification that my BI packet has been released to OPR for higher level review. I got an email yesterday 4/4 about recertifying my eQIP and to resubmit my information.

From the sounds of it, I’m moving on to the next phase. (I’m 19-2)

Comment

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          4/1 I got the released to OPR but I’m 19-4. I’m expecting a very long wait at the point but I’m pleased to see movement from the earlier 18-X guys.

• Talonderiel
          Talonderiel commented
          Editing a comment
          Keep the faith! movement is always a good feeling.

• Got a call just from a 952 (Minnesota) area code. It was a gal from CBP doing a checkup asking how my application process was going and if I had any questions. Anyone else get one of those? She didn't know the specifics of my case, but it was a nice gesture. Asked about academy dates, she said they are full through mid September, but could schedule you sooner if there is a vacancy at the time of your "Call". She also provided some insight into the provisional clear. I was under the assumption that those who signed the PC would only get pulled if their port was in a high demand for officers. She made it seem like all PCs would get expedited, or pulled sooner than later as long as their background looked good at face value. Food for thought. I am 18-9 waiting on my background to clear.

Comment

• MrAce
          MrAce commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s awesome, someone in 18-9 wrote the other day that they got a call to standby for a Poly call out. Looks like they are making there way to us 18-9s. I’m still waiting to get scheduled for a poly. Did my SI at end of August

• Evolution81
          Evolution81 commented
          Editing a comment
          yes nothing special

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          wow wow slow down bro, im 18-8 and haven't gotten anything yet, let me go first, get in line bro....lol CAL0231

• Achyuta
          Achyuta commented
          Editing a comment
          Ya i got a call from the same # about a week ago, asked how the process was and if i had any questions about anything in general. Same boat as you just waiting on BI to clear.

• Take exam next week, but just had an interview today for a police department.

we will see what happens with all of this.
        Last edited by Hal29; 04-05-2019, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. Yeah I'm not giving up on anything. Just not who I am. Whether it's here, local p.d. I'll keep trying and I'll land somewhere. If it's local. Cool, won't have to move to far. If it's with cbp, well we will see where that goes. Always wasn't to work as a federal leo.

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Srhernza115 congrats.

• Srhernza115
          Srhernza115 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Hal. Hopefully all goes well for you.

• collapse
          collapse commented
          Editing a comment
          Good ****, keep going forward.

• I'll just drop this here. I hope it helps you guys if you are on the pipeline.

CBP terminates controversial $297 million Accenture contract amid continued staffing struggles

18-1:

11/08/17 Referral email
        11/13/17 eQIP package submitted
        11/21/17 Medical exam done.
        12/07/17 Fitness exam done, passed.
        12/13/17 Medical updated: Further eval...
        01/12/18 Credit Report pulled
        01/16/18 eQIP re-released to OPR
        01/23/18 SI scheduled.
        02/14/18 SI interview
        02/16/18 NOR SI: Passed
        03/13/18 Med-review team sent me forms
        05/17/18 Med review received all doc's
        09/07/18 Application withdrawn
        03/17/19 EOD (same agency, different job)

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          Somewhat related...Senate bill to increase CBPO staffing by 600 additional CBPOs over attrition each year until staffing goal is reached...roughly 3700 additional CBPO hires in total.

https://www.hstoday.us/federal-pages...ing-shortages/

• JB411
          JB411 commented
          Editing a comment
          finally they did.

• I’m a ninja
          I’m a ninja commented
          Editing a comment
          That contract didn’t seem to help with the process anyway so glad they dropped it

• Been practicing the step test on a 13in step, how hard did you guys find it? Not really out of Breath after 5 mins but might have to switch legs to keep up with the tempo.

Comment

• SmokeScreen07
          SmokeScreen07 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thinkmango It's really not that bad / hard of a test. They recommend you switch legs halfway through the test, I did and it wasn't bad. Just keep practicing the rhythm / tempo, and you'll be fine.

• Srhernza115
          Srhernza115 commented
          Editing a comment
          Practice switching your legs during the test. That’s what I did because personally I wouldn’t have been able to keep up if I was just using my right leg the whole time. Other than that it wasn’t too hard.

• rergang3
          rergang3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wasn't bad at all. I mean I didn't practice so I was a tiny bit nervous, but it was a piece of cake. I can see what you mean about the leg thing but once you find your inner rhythm, it's a breeze. PLus the place I did it at were using a CD that skipped a lot, so I really just had to keep the rhythm in my head and the time flew by quicker that way. However, everyone's different and I'm not trying to sound conceited. Bottom line, you'll do great!

• Maybe I'm reaching too far on connecting things here, but based on what this article says, Accenture played a large role for several parts of the hiring process for thousands of applicants. Now my connection I first thought of is that maybe that's why the process has been crucially slow for some. If this contract ended and the applicant was within their pool of applicants, it could cause a delay in moving them under the proper company? Idk, does that make sense?

https://www.hstoday.us/federal-pages...g-falls-short/

Comment

• Talonderiel
          Talonderiel commented
          Editing a comment
          There might be something to your thoughts.... Though, I'd lead more towards previous OIG reports of the process being prolonged due to Congressionally mandated steps and required procedures.

• I think we should all go on Strike until they hire us all at once... Lmao. But seriously I’m getting so tired of this process and I haven’t even been waiting as much as some people on here. It’s just so frustrating... I wish it wasn’t outrageously hard to become a regular Cop in my state and that I lived down south.

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          What state do you live in?

• Evolution81
          Evolution81 commented
          Editing a comment
          this is nothing compared to the marshals..every fed leo process is long and arduous....get used to it

• RJ_Jersey
          RJ_Jersey commented
          Editing a comment
          I applied December 2017 haha. This is more of a back burner type of process. You don't do this process and put all your eggs in a basket. In the meantime i would suggest doing other LEO applications. You can always withdraw from them IF and WHEN you get a call for this.

• zFinest
          zFinest commented
          Editing a comment
          100k + a year job doesn't hire you in a split second. Patience is the key.

• Who can I contact in regards to the polygraph. My case manager?

Comment

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought the case managers have nothing to do with the scheduling or process of the polygraph - what are you trying to have done?

• Well anyone in the Bay Area should be happy. A spot should be opening up because Im going to pass on this job. The sheriffs office is moving faster in one month than 8 months of this.

Comment

• Talonderiel
          Talonderiel commented
          Editing a comment
          Which "Bay Area"?? There are quite a few Bay Areas (San Diego, Tampa, San Francisco) :P ..... Congrats on the S/O position! I'd say keep them both going. You'll like be done with your Probie year by the time this one reaches the final offer.

Then you'll have a 2nd job if the S/O gig isn't what you like. Just my thoughts. Congrats again!

• SI in a few days, But i don’t have my Real ID license yet. Coming in the mail soon.. Will i be okay ?

Comment

• Talonderiel
          Talonderiel commented
          Editing a comment
          Hmmm.... I'd call the case manager and ask them for guidance. If they say it has to be Real ID Compliant, then you might need to look into an expedited passport. State Department says it can be done in ~8 days at an agency. :\

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...ing-times.html

• javi87
          javi87 commented
          Editing a comment
          @jstyleszx

I pulled up my SI email from January and this is what I got after reading the email.

https://www.dhs.gov/real-id/california

• Anthony_525
          Anthony_525 commented
          Editing a comment
          I saw that, April 10th, bummer since mine is April 24th. I’m going to the dmv first thing tomorrow and will pray I get it before my interview.

• zFinest
          zFinest commented
          Editing a comment
          Take your passport.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10770 users online. 381 members and 10389 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X