Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First and foremost I wish everyone here good luck with the process and hopefully good news comes soon. For the third time I have been deemed unsuitable by CBP. In 2011 I started the process, took my poly in 2013 and was deemed unsuitable because the examiner stated I was being deceptive. Took the beating like an adult and applied again in 2016 and after a few months got the email that I am unsuitable for the position and may reapply. In 2016 I only completed the medical and physical. Accepted the loss and applied once again in 2018 and 2019. Had 3 applications in, 2 different stations for CBPO and 1 for BPA. was at 50% on my applications awaiting my poly schedule and of course on April first out of all days got my emails that I am unsuitable for all applications. No prior convictions or run ins with the law, no drug use, no moving violations. I submitted a FOIA to see what exactly is wrong but I heard that takes forever. I am absolutely lost with what it could possibly be. No issues with the law from my family or friends for anyone wondering if I am guilty by association. If anyone has any type of guidance/ advice it is most welcomed. Thanks to anyone that reads this. Good luck to everyone. If you wish to PM me anyone is welcomed to.

Comment

• collapse
      collapse commented
      Editing a comment
      How far did they get with the 2018 and 2019 applications? 2011 I can understand because you failed the poly, but if you hadn't even taken the poly for the rest and know for sure that you are a pretty clean person, I'd be scratching my head too.

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you associated with any illegal aliens..do you have outstanding judgements liens..have you been disciplined at your past jobs etc....arr you withholding info...etc..there are a whole host of reasons to be deemed unsuitable

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry, brotherman. Wish you the best in your endeavors and thank you for your wishes. It's awesome that you stock it out as much as you have and the organization may have missed out on an awesome officer.

Hopefully this opens other doors for you that you didn't see when focusing on this process.

• Got the call today I EOD June 3rd. Finally after 1 year and 4 months.

Comment

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      Jgonz383 Nice! once again Congrats! See you at the academy!

• BFASO
      BFASO commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats man.

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations!

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats!!! Keep rocking the path forward for the rest of us in your wake! Enjoy your new career!

• How are the 18-8 crew looking?

Comment

• Originally posted by zombiemap View Post
    How are the 18-8 crew looking?

18-9 here still waiting for Polly, did SI end of Aug

Comment

• Anybody on here from CBPO 17-11?
      where are you in the process?

Took Poly 2 weeks ago and found out last week I passed.
      Waiting on BI and Drug Test

Comment

• Hey guys, just an update.

Im 19-2 and I’ve been waiting for my poly, background and drug test.

I submitted my eQIP back in December.
      I completed my medical and my PFT late December
      I passed my SI early January.

I haven’t heard anything until today. It’s for my eQIP. This is pretty much what the email contained aside from steps to complete these required certifications.

“Due to the time that has passed since your last certification you must recertify your eQIP and provide any updates that have occurred since your last certification.”

has as anyone experienced this? Is this a good sign?

Comment

• javi87
        javi87 commented
        Editing a comment
        corsair nope, no corrections at all.

raudy06 hopefully it’s true. I did read at the bottom to reach out to my bi case manager to expedite processing for my forms.
        Last edited by javi87; 04-03-2019, 03:18 PM.

• picasso100
        picasso100 commented
        Editing a comment
        I received the same email last week

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        @raundy06 wouldn't the field portion part commence after passing the polygraph?

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        corsair yes it does, but the way some timelines are, you just never know.

• 19-4 here. I have passed SI. Medical and Eqip done, awaiting results. Haven't heard anything about poly, drug screen or PFT.
      Based on some individual comments there doesn't seem to be a set order in which things get accomplished.
      Does anyone know why they allow you to utilize corrective lenses for eye exam but you can't utilize hearing aids for hearing exam

Comment

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        19-5 here and I did eqip, medical, PFT and no SI yet. So yeah, probably based on location and availability.

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        Tried checking online couldn’t find out why ones allowed and the other is not. I know on the website CBP says corrected or non corrected for vision. Maybe hearing aids interrupt the testing?

I’m 19-4 as well - I’m through Medical, PFT, SI, and EQIP went to OPR. Now the long wait begins but I’m not worried about that I have things to keep my occupied haha

• CBPO seeking swap from Detroit Land Border (Ambassador Bridge, Windsor Tunnel, Fort Street Cargo) to Chicago O’Harre Internetional Airport.

Comment

• Yikes. Anyone see this? Crazy how he thought this would all work out https://taskandpurpose.com/cbp-officer-citizenship-2633583433.amp.html

Comment

• Srhernza115
          Srhernza115 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow that’s unbelievable. Seems like a joke but I don’t doubt it’s true. That’s why with every new batch of applicants they make the hiring process more stringent.

• rergang3
          rergang3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Srhernza115 right?! OPM was sitting in the corner like "Well he made us look stupid."

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          Holy cow - talk about a slip up

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          It's happened before. Locals in both Arizona and Alaska have hired illegals in the last few years. The Border Patrol has hired illegals as well. The BPA in Texas at the center of the headless body floating in the lake scandal a few years back was found with both a US and Mexican birth certificate as well. I'm not sure which birth certificate ended up being counterfeit.

• Any one here 18-1 or 18-3 still waiting on the poly? @ 50% forever!

Comment

• assembly-jef
          assembly-jef commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m 18-3 and still waiting too, I’m also @ 50% and not moving forward at all.

• Trev928
          Trev928 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just curious, what are you guys timeline?

• Jgonz383
          Jgonz383 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m 18-3 also and I EOD June 3rd.

• Elgin_87
          Elgin_87 commented
          Editing a comment
          Trev928 here is mine.

ORINGINAL CBPO 18-1
          CURRENT CBPO 18-3
          Application Close Dates: 12/31/2017
          Notice of Pre-Employment 10/25/2017
          e-QIP Submitted: 11/?/2017
          Medical Exam: 11/?/2017-Passed
          Fitness Exam: 12/20/2017 – Passed
          e-QIP Released to OPR: ??? (don't remember date)
          Structured Interview: 5/17/2018
          Structured Interview Passed: 05/19/2018
          Polygraph: Pending
          Background Investigation: In Process
          Drug Test: Scheduling in Progress
          Final Offer: Pending

• Anyone here with FLETC date 05/09/19? Have you gotten your final call and paperwork for the academy.? My EOD is 04/24/19 and FLETC 05/09/19 and I havent heard anything. I am worried. They are cutting it very close. I want to put in my two week notice already, but I wont make any moves until I have paperwork in hand. Anybody have a timeline of how this final stage works. Please help!

Comment

• David1984
          David1984 commented
          Editing a comment
          I would email them at this email and ask them any questions you may have.
          I got this from the CBP app.

For Applicants Pending Training and EOD Scheduling

Cleared All Pre-Employment Requirements
          [email protected]

• Trev928
          Trev928 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank You! I just sent a message.

• mobyfish
          mobyfish commented
          Editing a comment
          You’ll get your info soon Trev. By the end of next week the emails should start rolling in one by one.

• Trev928
          Trev928 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey Moby! Anxiety getting the best of me. I like to plan ahead.

• Has anyone applied for both CBP and BPA? If so did you apply at the same time? Will applying for BPA after applying for CBP cancel out your CBP application process? I am utilizing VRA to apply.

Comment

• Talonderiel
          Talonderiel commented
          Editing a comment
          capt55dan, I applied for both of them at the same time..... It seems that it helps move the process along a little faster. PFT, Medical, Poly, BI, and Drug Test all carry over between both apps.

Once I pass the Poly, I will resubmit my new and improved federal resume (had to get professional help :\ ) for MIA also.

Basically, you can apply for multiple job openings and they don't hurt each other (unless you fail a common section: drug test, poly, BI, etc). You just can't have two of the same job apps in the system (e.g. No CBPO GS9 19-2 and CBPO GS9 19-4).

But you can have multiple different app categories at the same time (e.g. CBPO GS9 19-2; CBPO GS9 VRA 19-4; and CBPO GS9 DH 19-6)..... I'm not sure how fast track plays into any of this as it is new :P

• capt55dan
          capt55dan commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for the info. I have applied for a DOD position closer to home. It seems DOD is moving faster than DHS. Both require the same clearance.

• Well everything is cleared except my BI, seems this is gonna happen.

They sent me this "trial period statement for VRA appointment" since i applied through a VRA apparently. Pretty much saying I acknowledge I will be "in a training position" for 2 years. Feels bad moving from a permanent LEO position and going on a 2 year trial period lol.

Would I be right to assume that I still receive my grade increases every year 9-11 and 11-12 even though i'm in this training period? Would love to hear from a current CBPO. Anyone with knowledge welcome to reply! I'm gonna e-mail them, just figured id ask here as well!

EDIT: Also should I wait for the call before asking them to match my current pay? I am currently a Federal LEO making about GS9 step 7 pay. I know they wont give me 11, but when is is approperiate to ask about matching my current pay with GS9 steps.
        Last edited by Achyuta; 04-04-2019, 03:27 PM. Reason: Added question

Comment

• Achyuta
          Achyuta commented
          Editing a comment
          I make more money now, but I am nearly capped out in my current position. CBPO will be paying me more once i hit 11/12. CBPO has same retirement, and their overtime is paid at DOUBLE time. So in the long run, CBPO is the job that will make me much more money with the same (maybe even better) benefits. My only draw back is doing this 2 year trainign period...just feels bad man like anything could happen.

• Crake
          Crake commented
          Editing a comment
          Achyuta I would definitely discuss salary with them, especially since you're already a federal leo. I have asked when I can negotiate salary and they said during the final job offer and they usually will try to match you to your current salary.

• Evolution81
          Evolution81 commented
          Editing a comment
          2 years?...its 1 year for me..... and im a fed leo also

Probationary Period: You must serve a one-year probationary period during the first year of your initial permanent federal appointment to determine fitness for continued employment.
          Last edited by Evolution81; 04-04-2019, 06:20 PM.

• KevinMO91
          KevinMO91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Achyuta Evolution81 It is 2 years for probation if you accept the VRA position. You still get all your promotions IE 9 to 11 11 to 12 each year even in the probation status. I accepted VRA position and start next month. I wouldn't worry about being under a probation status for 2 years because by the time you get on the job they have so much time and money invested that you'd pretty much literally have to try getting fired. As long as you come to work on time, sober, not on crack and do your job you'll be fine Im sure.

• Does anyone know how exactly the pay works? It says on the job post start as a gs-07 in 4/19 and make x amount then be promoted to gs-09 in 4/20 and name x amount more. I was reading that every grade has 10 steps with each step taking a year at least. Kinda confused lol, someone enlighten me.

Comment

• Crake
          Crake commented
          Editing a comment
          bonds525 according to the official cbp page, it's by grades every year until GS12 and then you move through steps like raudy06 said. "CBP Officer is a career ladder position with a grade level progression of GS-5, GS-7, GS-9, GS-11, and GS-12. You will be eligible for a promotion to the next higher grade level (without re-applying) once you successfully complete one year in each grade level, with supervisor approval."

https://www.cbp.gov/careers/cbpo-pay-and-benefits

• Exbpa340
          Exbpa340 commented
          Editing a comment
          A CBPO is promoted non-competitively from GS 5 to 7, 7 to 9, 9 to 11 and 11 to 12 on an annual basis. Once full performance is reached (GS 12) a CBPO will progress along the longevity steps.

52 weeks to move from step 1 to 2, step 2 to 3 and step 3 to 4
          104 weeks to move from step 4 to 5, step 5 to 6 and step 6 to 7
          156 weeks to move from step 7 to 8, step 8 to 9 and step 9 to 10

• bonds525
          bonds525 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you all, I was stressing it a little since I’m going to SF and it’s ridiculously $$$

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          Those "start as a GS-XX and potentially make $XX,XXXX" projections are rather overreaching...especially for anybody working the cheaper locality pay areas and those working day shifts.

• Question - If you have to retake your Poly due to an area of concern that had come up. Do you redo the entire Poly or just that area?

Comment

• RJ_Jersey
          RJ_Jersey commented
          Editing a comment
          Srhernza115 well if i passed than i wouldn't be having to retake it haha.
          Last edited by RJ_Jersey; 04-04-2019, 09:31 PM.

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          Rooting for you RJ!! Did you have it in Newark?

• Srhernza115
          Srhernza115 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve read that some people have been told by their examiner that they passed and then received an email to go back again to retest. Lol I don’t think they’d be down for joking around but hopefully this time around you’ll pass, most people do.

• Evolution81
          Evolution81 commented
          Editing a comment
          ..the poly is the sing le biggest hurdle in the process

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8639 users online. 476 members and 8163 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X