300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by alutins View Post
    does anyone else have a book that they can recommend that they feel is helping them study immigration or other pre FLETC material?
    Many CBP candidates have trouble with non-immigrant and immigrant classifications. This link is just an example that was found with a google search on the topic (there's lots of relevant info on the net). During pre-FLETC at my port a new CBPO advised to familiarize ourselves with the subject.

http://www.immlaw.com/nonimmigrant.html
    ========================================

sigpic

I feel the need - the need for speed.

Maverick and Goose, TOPGUN

Comment

• I think what made the non-immigrant classifications so difficult was there's a bunch of them, all of them were on one test, and it is nothing but rote memorization. When I was at FLETC the test with the non-immigrant stuff was supposedly the toughest test. That test was one of the few that we did not have anybody in my class fail. The course has been revised a couple times since then so who knows now.
      Last edited by kc12; 12-02-2008, 05:41 AM.
      But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• run

Hey guys, i know there was alot of talk about the run time at FLETC. There is a job announcement for CBP Enforcement Officers and they only have to do the run in 16.5 minutes. I would assume that a regular officer wouldnt have to do it faster than that. Anyone at FLETC recently know the present time? Also, it is true that MHC has nothing to do with BI's and have no info about it until they are given the word on your suitability.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
          I think what made the non-immigrant classifications so difficult was there's a bunch of them, all of them were on one test, and it is nothing but rote memorization. When I was at FLETC the test with the non-immigrant stuff was supposedly the toughest test. That test was one of the few that we did not have anybody in my class fail. The course has been revised a couple times since then so who knows now.
          Thats exactly the way it was. The people who were good at memorizing got the highest scores on this test, but i believe all but 1 or 2 passed it the first time.

Comment

• Anyone have any idea how long it takes to re-clear a background?

Explanation:
            I was cleared once all the way to T&S, then I moved and subsequently changed GEO Preferences (what a headache of paperwork) but finally CASS reflects everything completed except my background is "pending."

I moved address, but back to an address I previously had lived at on my SF-86, so I'm hoping they will not re-do the entire BI.

Comment

• Originally posted by David95XJ View Post
              Anyone have any idea how long it takes to re-clear a background?

Explanation:
              I was cleared once all the way to T&S, then I moved and subsequently changed GEO Preferences (what a headache of paperwork) but finally CASS reflects everything completed except my background is "pending."

I moved address, but back to an address I previously had lived at on my SF-86, so I'm hoping they will not re-do the entire BI.
              Well i guess it all depends on what youve done since the last time you were in TSU (i guess thats what you meant by T&S). Have you lived or worked anywhere else? Was you BI completed and adjudicated? They may start from scratch or they may contact you to update info. Hard to say.

Comment

• Still work for DHS (i transferred within the agency), still have my clearance here (which doesn't mean much).

Nothing has changed except my location.

Comment

• Hello all. Long time reader first time poster. I have been told that I am waiting for funding for the position in SLC. Does anyone know how long it takes from this point? I am in day 40 of 30-60 days for Scheduling to contact me.

CBPO-Salt Lake City
                  Tested: 7/07
                  TO: 7/08
                  Drug Test: Passed
                  VBT: Passed
                  Fitness: Passed
                  Quals: GS-5
                  Medical: Completed
                  BI: Met with Investigator
                  Sent to Scheduling Unit October 22, 2008

Comment

• well......

I missed my test date and I am so disturbed. It is as if people in miami don't work or something. I mean there is never any break at all in traffic, throughout the entire day there is always traffic. I mean goodness sake. It took me 1hr and 50 minutes to get to a place that is 23 miles away while it takes me 30 minutes to get to palm beach which is 50 miles away. Now you tell me, what gives? I mean I just dont know what to say thats some serious serious serious traffic there 110 minutes for 23 miles. I am so mad at myself, even though I did not expect that I just want to put on a iron toe boot and kick myself.

Everyone of you stay safe though and good luck to everyone else in LE and aspiring LEOs.
                    Young people will change the old wicked ways of the past.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by E3CSHARP View Post
                      I missed my test date and I am so disturbed. It is as if people in miami don't work or something. I mean there is never any break at all in traffic, throughout the entire day there is always traffic. I mean goodness sake. It took me 1hr and 50 minutes to get to a place that is 23 miles away while it takes me 30 minutes to get to palm beach which is 50 miles away. Now you tell me, what gives? I mean I just dont know what to say thats some serious serious serious traffic there 110 minutes for 23 miles. I am so mad at myself, even though I did not expect that I just want to put on a iron toe boot and kick myself.

Everyone of you stay safe though and good luck to everyone else in LE and aspiring LEOs.
                      Dude that sucks, sorry to hear that man. I'm sure you can reschedule. I'm just curious, if it took you nearly 2 hours to get to a destination that usually takes 30 minutes why did you continue driving in that same direction for an additional 90 minutes after the scheduled test had begun? I would think that once you were considerably late, say for example, 15 minutes you would know that you wouldn't be admitted to the test. Why didn't you just turn around and go back home? Hmmmm, I think you might be exaggerating a tad on you experience this morning. Try waking up a little earlier next time. Good Luck.

takes me 30 minutes to get to palm beach which is 50 miles away. You sure about that? That's 100 mph.
                      Last edited by rbakous1; 12-02-2008, 11:29 AM.

Comment

• i took the CBP exam recently, im pretty sure i passed but what can I expect after I receive my results? BI? Interview?
                        Amtrak Police: NY/NJ

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent A-Hop View Post
                          i took the CBP exam recently, im pretty sure i passed but what can I expect after I receive my results? BI? Interview?
                          What you have in your signature is the time line that's pretty much the hiring process. Your drug test is the only "wild card" but that's fairly predicable as well. You will definitely get a TO with pre-employment forms before anything else happens. Depending on your score, geographic location, and needs, your TO could take weeks or months. That is the next step.
                          Last edited by rbakous1; 12-02-2008, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rbakous1 View Post
                            What you have in your signature is the time line that's pretty much the hiring process. Your drug test is the only "wild card" but that's fairly predicable as well. You will definitely get a TO with pre-employment forms before anything else happens. Depending on your score, geographic location, and needs, your TO could take weeks or months. That is the next step.
                            The way I knew I was getting a TO was that they scheduled my Fit test before I even got the TO in the mail or I was able to see my status on CASS; Ya never know!
                            "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• oh okay...gotcha...I don't have any or medical issues like asthma, or anything like that. And I'm not worried about the drug testing thing at ALL... don't and havent even smoked a cigarrette. So I hope everything can go somewhat fast process wise..?
                              Amtrak Police: NY/NJ

Comment

• Originally posted by E3CSHARP View Post

That's one of the reasons why I didn't choose Miami, even though not choosing it has got me waiting forever for a job. My friend works as prosecutor there and says traffic is a big problem.
                                "Do you have an appointment?"

-Gupta Rajan

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6115 users online. 441 members and 5674 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X