Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am currently a 19-2 regular GS9 applicant. I was a 18-6 DH. (Switched due to me being law enforcement) BI turned in Dec. I know the government is moving slow on BI's. Just wondering if me being a 19-2 applicant now will push my app. further back now or that really doesn't matter?

Comment

• SmokeScreen07
      SmokeScreen07 commented
      Editing a comment
      klocklear86 Based off of how others applied to new announcements, with an app already in progress; you should pick up were you left off. I think it only applies if you took the old entrance exam (since your're going for GS-9), or depending on how long ago you completed PFT-1, Medical, & SI. I believe both apps will run simultaneously.

• Sspence861
      Sspence861 commented
      Editing a comment
      I started over from 18-11 to 19-7, all my stuff carried over and is already on the app

• Corsair-I think my fun stopped after the BI was turned in lol this waiting game is for the birds...Hal29 I'm not sure but I hope you do get an explanation on why they found you unsuitable. That in its self is a shocker to everyone on this forum. 19 months yea I'm sure that open the eyes of alot. Wish you luck
    Last edited by klocklear86; 03-31-2019, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Time flies when you’re having fun - I’m only 64 days in haha

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm wondering if I'll eventually have to do medical and physical again.

• When selected did anybody receive a letter from OPR or just a email saying you've been selected?

Comment

• Good Morning, new announcement for DH has port that I would like to work, should I reapply if my original DH announcement didn't have this specific port ? I'm currently waiting on my background to clear.

Comment

• Nousername1
        Nousername1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the input V_AntCBP. I will wait it out.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        What port is it?

• Nousername1
        Nousername1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Laredo hal wasn't on the announcement when I applied last year.

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        With the lee time from announcement to hiring, I wonder if port availability is factored into the job offer then or if that is why you're given a list when they call you. :P

• Anyone know the time frame to get your poly results back?

Comment

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        From what I've read a lot of people receive a verbal statement from the administrator but I think I saw it could take a few weeks for it to update. This isn't 100% but thats what i've read.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        any where from 1 day to 6-8 weeks Army101, a friend of my just took poly last week and the next day her cass app update to green, if you got a verbal pass, you should be fine...

• jamoranto
        jamoranto commented
        Editing a comment
        I took my poly 2 weeks ago. I took it on a Monday, got an email from the examiner 2 days later that I passed. The following Monday CASS turned gree.

• JPOL
        JPOL commented
        Editing a comment
        I did my poly, got the verbal pass, was told to expect the email stating my official results in 2 weeks. In less than 24 hours, I got my results via my examiner through the email. He was a CBP agent that also worked as an examiner though, so that may have sped things up vs. CBP using a vendor. My CASS updated a few days later.

• What is the average wait after passing poly is the next step?
      Last edited by jamoranto; 04-01-2019, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        Background Investigation can take anywhere from a month to almost a year.... it all depends your background investigator, how complex your background is, the number of lottery winners, and the average availability of calico cats breeding with Hemingway cats. :P

• Srhernza115
        Srhernza115 commented
        Editing a comment
        Talonderiel yea no kidding.

• “The CBP Hiring Center has submitted your background investigation packet to the Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) for higher level review. This is the next step in the process”

Well that being said - I’ll stop by in another 7 months when I go for my poly.
      CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
      EQIP - Completed
      Medical Exam - Completed
      Structured Interview - Completed
      Fitness Test - Completed

Comment

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        corsair .... we will be waiting for you at the table with coffee :P

• 19-4

1-29 Applied
      2-2 Test
      2-4 Results
      2-13 NOR
      3-12 Tentative Offer
      3-15 EQIP Submitted
      3-19 Medical (still processing)
      3-27 SI
      3-28 SI NOR
      4-1 Fitness Test - Verbal Pass

Again, for anyone who might be trying to get on with TSA while waiting, here is my process with Boston Logan:

3-7 Applied
      3-12 Test and Offer
      3-13 Credit Check Passed
      3-15 EQIP Submitted
      3-30 Airport Assessment - Pass
      3-31 All forms submitted
      4-4 Medical Exam
      Background - Pending
      Hiring Pool - Pending
      EOD - Pending

Comment

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        GJ on the fitness test fellow 19-4, does anyone know if you can switch federal jobs immediately or you’re required to stay a minimum period? I applied for a bunch of jobs but CBP or Capitol Police is the goal.

• rergang3
        rergang3 commented
        Editing a comment
        LMC have you gotten an email to fill out the questionnaire and request certain days for it? I did that and didn't hear anything back after 48 hours so I called. There was a hold up because on the questionnaire I answered I had a procedure within the last 6 months. She scheduled me over the call and sent me an additional waiver form I needed to get signed. Not sure what your situation is like.

corsair thanks! Good question. I wouldn't think so? I guess if there's a probationary period, I would stay for that. Not completely sure though.

• LMC
        LMC commented
        Editing a comment
        rergang3 I have not filled out a questionnaire. I actually haven’t received any form of communication in regards to the Fitness test. Still early in the game, so just need to be patient. I’m doing my process out of Los Angeles.

• rergang3
        rergang3 commented
        Editing a comment
        LMC ahhh ok understood. Hang in there!

• About 2 weeks ago I did the drug test and the following day I received an email saying I have been referred to TSU and that I will be contacted with an offer once they reach my name, but drug test in CASS still says in progress. I should be good right? Didn’t think drug test was going to take longer than a week.

Comment

• Jgonz383
        Jgonz383 commented
        Editing a comment
        jamoranto I don’t really remember but my background took 6 months to clear. Been in the process 1 year 4 months

• jamoranto
        jamoranto commented
        Editing a comment
        Jgonz383- It has been a year and 5 months for me.

• Scrappydoo
        Scrappydoo commented
        Editing a comment
        When you got notified to take a drug test did they send you a regular email or they asked to send a secured letter in an email from OPR? Jgonz383

• Jgonz383
        Jgonz383 commented
        Editing a comment
        Scrappydoo they actually called me and told me which days I would be able to go so I chose one and after that I got the email with the location. But it’s been 2 weeks since I took the drug test and a week since I was referred to TSU drug test still says In progress on CASS

• Is it normal to be scheduled for the drug test right after passing the poly, before meeting with the BI?

Comment

• dannyboy33
        dannyboy33 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, if you signed the provisional.

• In the EAS system, under my medical screening details, it says the determination requires further evaluation. This was updated on 3/30. I figured that would happen. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to reach back out asking for more documents or information?

Comment

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        I waited to respond - all i've read are horror stories about additional info

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        rergang3 The same thing is happening to me. I did my medical back im early December 2018 and says the same thing. I emailed and called them numerous of times all I get is that my file is line for nurses review. I have no medical conditions nor I ever had. The doctor and the nurse doing my test said I did perfect.

• SmokeScreen07
        SmokeScreen07 commented
        Editing a comment
        rergang3 I did my medical on 10/16/2018, my status said the same thing. I received the email for further medical documentation on 3/25/2019. Another 18-13 on here received a similar timeline as mine.

• mudboned
        mudboned commented
        Editing a comment
        Took them about 5 months to ask me for extra paperwork after medical exam. Approx 4 months if you exclude shutdown.

• *update* Case manager emailed and stated I would be scheduled for poly. I passed poly 6/15/2018 it’s almost funny.
      Customs Border Protection
      18-4 GS9 DH 18-7 GS9 VRA
      TSL 2/23/18
      Equip 3/15/18
      Medical 3/17/18
      PFT1 3/27/18
      SI 3/30/18
      Poly 6/15/18
      BI interview 8/7/18
      Drug/EOD???

Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department (out of state applicant)
      Written/VPAT 9/26/18
      Interview 9/27/18
      BI/ Live Scan 9/28/18
      Poly 9/29/18
      Ride Along(norwalk)/ MCJ 11/??/18
      Case Disposition Added to File 2/9/19
      In House BI Visit 2/19/2018
      Conditional Offer Accepted 3/26/18
      Psych 4/1/19
      Medical 4/10/19

Comment

• eurb
        eurb commented
        Editing a comment
        Anthony_525 Im near the end for both but would take lasd first if it comes.

• LMC
        LMC commented
        Editing a comment
        I just passed Written and Fitness for LASD.

How was the SI, BI, and all the other steps you’ve done so far? Thanks!

• eurb
        eurb commented
        Editing a comment
        LMC for cbp everything has been easy, just longer waits in between steps.

For lasd the BI I feel was more thorough and asked of way more things and follow ups with documents, even the poly was intense compared to cbp. Psych was long and they never tell you any step of the way if you’ve passed you just get email updates. There’s a thread called “lasd dst status” on here you should look at
        Last edited by eurb; 04-02-2019, 12:15 AM.

• LMC
        LMC commented
        Editing a comment
        eurb much appreciated!

• Anyone taken the poly up in Buffalo NY? Got a call today to schedule, but he said he must of got my paperwork by mistake cause I’m in Long Island NY, 450 miles away. He said he would check with supervisor and see if he can get me scheduled in newark or jfk and call me back. Amazing haha

Comment

• Hyper33
        Hyper33 commented
        Editing a comment
        I took mine in Buffalo last July and it was a good experience. My examiner was good and I didn't feel too pressured during it. So if you have to take it in Buffalo hopefully you get the same examiner.

• vtruy
        vtruy commented
        Editing a comment
        Hyper33, great to hear. I'm waiting to get my poly scheduled and I picked Buffalo.

• Anyone familiar with the expedited hiring process they are offering”120” days or is that a hoax?

Comment

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        It's a new program that started this year, I believe.... not many have chimed in that they started that process.

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        Hopefully someone is lucky enough and can comment on the expedited process.

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        I know someone who has been in the FastTrack process for little bit more than 2 months and already passed poly 2 weeks ago... But she had to go to different places for SI (GA), Poly (New Mexico),

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had an Army friend actually use the process recently, it is extremely fast, he knocked out everything up to the poly in a week no joke. He ended up getting taken out of the process and put into the normal hiring process though because something happened during his medical exam that needed review by a nurse. So now he's in the normal hiring pool.

• 2000 or more CBPOs potentially reassigned to work for the Border Patrol on the southern border.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...border-crisis/

Let the fun and games begin...

Comment

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        I wonder if between the last couple years and the GAO findings on average hiring times if there will be a review of the Federal Hiring process?

• bonds525
        bonds525 commented
        Editing a comment
        I would totally Love that

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8114 users online. 377 members and 7737 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X