Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Msmith77
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2017

Anyone familiar with the expedited hiring process they are offering”120” days or is that a hoax?

Comment

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      It's a new program that started this year, I believe.... not many have chimed in that they started that process.

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Hopefully someone is lucky enough and can comment on the expedited process.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      I know someone who has been in the FastTrack process for little bit more than 2 months and already passed poly 2 weeks ago... But she had to go to different places for SI (GA), Poly (New Mexico),

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      I had an Army friend actually use the process recently, it is extremely fast, he knocked out everything up to the poly in a week no joke. He ended up getting taken out of the process and put into the normal hiring process though because something happened during his medical exam that needed review by a nurse. So now he's in the normal hiring pool.
  • merlin436
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2005

2000 or more CBPOs potentially reassigned to work for the Border Patrol on the southern border.

Homeland Security will transfer up to 2,000 officers away from the ports of entry to assist the Border Patrol, Homeland Security Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen said Monday, escalating the all-hands approach to trying to stop the massive illegal immigration surge.

Let the fun and games begin...

Comment

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      I wonder if between the last couple years and the GAO findings on average hiring times if there will be a review of the Federal Hiring process?

• bonds525
      bonds525 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would totally Love that
  • Hal29
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2018

Hey guys. Will my poly and si transfer over. Will anything else transfer over as well?

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      What is the difference between the old proctored exam compared to the new one?
  • Army101
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2012

Still waiting for Poly results, tomorrow will make a week ago. I didnt get a verbal pass nor a verbal fail. The examiner was very polite and professional. Just hope everything went well.

Comment

• BFASO
      BFASO commented
      Editing a comment
      Army101 same here. Took mine a week ago.
  • Seminoles44
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2018

Got a phone call today asking to put me on standby for a polygraph examination phone call (in case anyone cancels) I guess this is better than no news at all? 50% 18-9 passed SI Aug 2018 South FL area

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Talonderiel I hope so, I live in Tampa Bay too... haven't heard anything... I think the reason why you were scheduled so fast because you have BP application going on... good luck on the poly

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP, I think you hit it on the head..... that and my applications were actually from 15-8 if it wasn't for the recall with the military :P

But as long as it keeps moving, then I'll take what I can get! Thank you for the well wishes, and hopefully you get your call soon too!

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Talonderiel so are you going in as GS9 VRA? you may qualify for that if you were in military

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP, no I my applications were in before there was VRA. I honestly haven't looked into applying for other APPS as the standard ones I have applied for are moving along.

But you do bring up a point. I'll look into it.
  • Army101
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2012

BFASO it is stressful waiting to hear my reseults. Good lucky budd

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      nah, i think waiting to be scheduled is more stressful... lol been waiting almost 8 months since SI...
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 04-02-2019, 01:22 PM.
  • MrAce
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2018

Happy to see someone above in 18-9 got a call for a Polly! Anyone else in 18-9 get a call? I’m still waiting... I did my SI end of August.

Comment

• CAL0231
      CAL0231 commented
      Editing a comment
      Passed my poly in mid February. Just waiting on my background to clear.
  • corsair
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2019

Anyone else cringe at the people who post their progress on youtube?
    CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
    EQIP - Completed
    Medical Exam - Completed
    Structured Interview - Completed
    Fitness Test - Completed
    Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• SPX
      SPX commented
      Editing a comment
      There’s one guy going through the BPA process and posting videos with the username of “****_Yo_Bitch_Mines_Better”.
      Last edited by SPX; 04-02-2019, 08:13 PM.

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      YouTube=large target...it's not hard to find out who they are...since they're so open with thier personal info...investigators are resourceful and do for a fact look at your social media

• MrAce
      MrAce commented
      Editing a comment
      Omg yes! While I am thankful and greatful they do post because it gave insight for me on the Physical Test I’ve noticed none of them seem to ever make it or stop posting. There as so few videos online that it’s easy for CBP to find out which applicants are posting. Most give out too much into even tho they think they are being destrete... big no no with signing a non disclosure. Also makes it helpful to understand why so many people don’t make it... some of the people who post don’t look top notch... when I chat on this forum I picture everyone posting at clean cut 6’6 State Trooper
      Last edited by MrAce; 04-03-2019, 10:13 AM. Reason: Typo

• Srhernza115
      Srhernza115 commented
      Editing a comment
      MrAce I sure as heck don’t look like that lol but I like to think I look respectable.
  • bambam2018
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2018

I'm pretty sure I failed my SI.

Can you guys offer some general tips and advice for it? I'm well-versed with behavioral or STAR type questions, but the situational questions really threw me off.

Thank you!!
    Last edited by bambam2018; 04-02-2019, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Assuming you had the interview already I would have checked in here first or referenced the website.

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Until you get the answer you need to relax

• MrAce
      MrAce commented
      Editing a comment
      Did they take your prints after? If so you passed. If not it still doesn’t mean you failed... The Interviewers are stone faced and it’s easy to think you failed, they have no emotion during the interview. I only knew I passed because one of the other Officers who took my prints said I passed flat out but he didn’t have to say anything.

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      (edited) .... for some reason I had poly on the mind and misread that it said "SI" :P
      Last edited by Talonderiel; 04-03-2019, 09:01 PM.
  • Srhernza115
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2019

So my Background Investigator from OPR got in touch and asked me to provide additional info on a relative. Is that normal?

Comment

• Srhernza115
      Srhernza115 commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess they finally got around to reviewing my file.

• CAL0231
      CAL0231 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, happened to me too. Though they are Canadian so that is probably why. Pretty standard though.

• Srhernza115
      Srhernza115 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh ok. My relative is from Mexico so they needed to verify their residency. What announcement are you?

• CAL0231
      CAL0231 commented
      Editing a comment
      18-9. They asked for the information around December before my poly.
  • Hal29
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2018

Anyone know what steps will roll over. I did medical, pft, si and poly. Had to reapply again. Applied to regular announcement this time.
    Last edited by Hal29; 04-03-2019, 11:29 PM.

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      crickets.......
      Last edited by Hal29; 04-03-2019, 11:31 PM.

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      What was the reason why you re applied Hal ? I’m going to let it ride and see what happens

• Sspence861
      Sspence861 commented
      Editing a comment
      I had to reapply to 19-7, it all rolled over but I had to retake the entrance exam
  • Oram3189
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2018

First and foremost I wish everyone here good luck with the process and hopefully good news comes soon. For the third time I have been deemed unsuitable by CBP. In 2011 I started the process, took my poly in 2013 and was deemed unsuitable because the examiner stated I was being deceptive. Took the beating like an adult and applied again in 2016 and after a few months got the email that I am unsuitable for the position and may reapply. In 2016 I only completed the medical and physical. Accepted the loss and applied once again in 2018 and 2019. Had 3 applications in, 2 different stations for CBPO and 1 for BPA. was at 50% on my applications awaiting my poly schedule and of course on April first out of all days got my emails that I am unsuitable for all applications. No prior convictions or run ins with the law, no drug use, no moving violations. I submitted a FOIA to see what exactly is wrong but I heard that takes forever. I am absolutely lost with what it could possibly be. No issues with the law from my family or friends for anyone wondering if I am guilty by association. If anyone has any type of guidance/ advice it is most welcomed. Thanks to anyone that reads this. Good luck to everyone. If you wish to PM me anyone is welcomed to.

Comment

• collapse
      collapse commented
      Editing a comment
      How far did they get with the 2018 and 2019 applications? 2011 I can understand because you failed the poly, but if you hadn't even taken the poly for the rest and know for sure that you are a pretty clean person, I'd be scratching my head too.

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you associated with any illegal aliens..do you have outstanding judgements liens..have you been disciplined at your past jobs etc....arr you withholding info...etc..there are a whole host of reasons to be deemed unsuitable

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry, brotherman. Wish you the best in your endeavors and thank you for your wishes. It's awesome that you stock it out as much as you have and the organization may have missed out on an awesome officer.

Hopefully this opens other doors for you that you didn't see when focusing on this process.
  • Jgonz383
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2018

Got the call today I EOD June 3rd. Finally after 1 year and 4 months.

Comment

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      Jgonz383 Nice! once again Congrats! See you at the academy!

• BFASO
      BFASO commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats man.

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations!

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats!!! Keep rocking the path forward for the rest of us in your wake! Enjoy your new career!
  • zombiemap
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2014

How are the 18-8 crew looking?

Comment

• MrAce
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2018

Originally posted by zombiemap
    How are the 18-8 crew looking?

18-9 here still waiting for Polly, did SI end of Aug

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 21237 users online. 41 members and 21196 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...