Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted to know more or less how long some of you have been waiting or waited from time you met with BI to having background clear? or getting the call?
    My BI did his ground work Monday and Tuesday ...I'm hoping he will be submitting everything soon.

Comment

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      1.5 months to clear..dont bank on that everyone is diff

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      This is why it's a good/bad thing to try and get hired on a provisional clearance. I got hired on a provisional I start May 6th. They just now started my BI I resubmitted the e-qip like 3 times now with the most recent time being 2 weeeks ago (they wanted me to clarify military service ). If I had to wait on BI to get hired I most likely would be looking at an EOD sometime next year at the current rate it's moving.

Obviously, the downside to taking the provisional clearance is that even though I got hired and start, I can still get found unsuitable at the end because of the BI and from what I read, they have no problem kicking people out of the academy or job due to BI issues. I have a pretty spotless background and a really good credit score/payment history so I'm not banking on any issues but you never know. Especially after someone here just got DQ'D and they seemed to have a pretty spotless BI as well.

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      KevinMO91, it's crazy how much our military history gets questioned during the backgrounds... it's like the different departments don't understand each other! I had a Secret clearance with the Navy Reserves and got picked up for a Secret / Top Secret contract with the AF and NASA, and had to re-explain my Navy stuff to the BI for the USAF. Got cleared for a S again, and an eligibility for TS should I reach a position that required it.

I'm hoping our military history helps speed up the BI as OPM/OPR is the same department that does the military clearances.... but at this point, I'm getting good at waiting! :P

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Secret and TS are 2 different things. Secret anyone can get, all they do is run a credit check and ask you a few questions. TS they do a BI just like DHS BI, i would rather DHS do a full background then give someone a job with a waiver cause they had a secret. I was Active duty Military Police Officer, let me tell you just cause you are in the military doesnt mean you are a straight shooter (im not referring to you/yall just in general). Ive dealt with many cases dealing drugs, prostitution, and many other things with soldiers (most of those soldiers had a Secret..some even a TS) im all for a full BI, even if it slows down our process a bit. Now if you had an TS i believe they should give you a waiver, i had a interview with an investigator about my buddies TS, the investigator worked for the same company the DHS BI investigator (my BI investigator) worked for.

• Has anyone else’s background taken months and months to clear? My BI submitted everything back in August. I applied under the 18-2 announcement, so I’ve been in the process for I think... 16 months now? after hearing Hal29 got notification that he was “unsuitable” I’m getting a bit anxious. I’m worried that the people they don’t seem too interested in are just being put on the back burner. I’m just ready for an answer so I can move on. I’m unsure of who to contact for an update either.

Comment

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Amen to that evolution - set it and forget it

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well once I get FOIA I'll let you know. But I said screw it and applied one more time. I applied to gs-9 which I think I qualify for. This way no computer base testing, poly should roll over, si should roll over and maybe medical. Maybe it will be quicker. And what ever b.s. reason I can get resolved for my background. Plus this time I applied for a regular announcement. We'll see what happens.
      Last edited by Hal29; 03-28-2019, 06:16 AM.

• Sheridan1
      Sheridan1 commented
      Editing a comment
      That seems so silly. You get disqualified from your BI, but you can reapply and get hired if you admit or fix a minor issue a few months later? If it's something that can be disqualifying it should be serious enough offense to not warrant another go.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not true it could be something as simple as something on my credit. I have no past drug or arrest record. Just because you were found unsuitable doesn't mean you had a disqualifying factor. It was unsuitable not a disqualifier.

• 19-3.. JFK & No sign of SI.

19-5s posting saying they completed SI weeks ago

Comment

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Just let it happen - this isn't about anyone else other than you, we're just hear to cheer each other on.

• JPOL
      JPOL commented
      Editing a comment
      Job Announcement numbers have nothing to do with speed of process, it's just a number for recruiting classes, that's all too it, so someone from 19-5 can be ahead of say 18-x

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      Just got mine last night. Same port as wel

• Hi, can anyone tell me how the poly test would be like? Just asking questions, then you answer? How to prepare for the test? Can you go to restroom during the test? How long would it be?

Anything will be helpful!! Thanks a lot!

Comment

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      There is no preparing for the test. It's actually hurtful as they ask you if you did any kind of research on how to beat the test etc. etc.

Everyone seems to have different experiences with their polygraphs, I had to take two and they were literally polar opposites.

The Examiner will literally tell you everything you need to do to pass. If you follow that you'll be fine. Don't get discouraged if it doesn't go well even if you were telling the truth. I had to take two to pass some people on this forum have taken up to 5.

• mobyfish
      mobyfish commented
      Editing a comment
      KevinMO91 I wouldn't say its hurtful. People are naturally curious of the unknown. It's only a problem if you intend on using the information you found online to "beat" the exam.

My examiner asked if I researched it and I expalined that yes, I looked at information online but it was all out of curiousity and I intend on being 100% truthful during our poly session.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      they asked me if i researched the poly, i stated yes since i heard bad things about the poly. The poly guy looked at me and asked if researched on how to beat a poly i told him no i took 2 poly's before and past and he was relieved lol honesty is the biggest thing, think about nothing and just answer truethfully.

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      mobyfish the reason I say it's hurtful, is because (and maybe it was just my examiners) I got asked 100 different ways if I asked for, googled, watched, videos, seeked out posts on internet forums. If they start getting "weird" reading and you admitted you went looking into advice for the poly they are more inclined to nail you for "trying to beat the test".

Obviously everyone is curious lol, I know I was but I tried to keep what I looked at to a minimal because I didn't even want the appearance of "trying to beat the test".

Either way the best and only advice is "Listen to the directions the examiner gives you, they will tell you how to pass".

Every examiner is different and really there is very few factors you can actually control during the test (Assuming your telling the truth and not a complete social awkward weirdo). Nothing will prepare you more then the statement I just gave.

• I'm a new poster but I've been following this thread and I been in the process for CBPO and BPA for a year and 1/2 now, currently sitting at 88% on the tracker for both. Well I got the "call" but it was from the BPA, which I decided to turn down and wait for Customs. I was wondering if anyone got the call for 1000 Islands or Champlain, NY recently?

Comment

• Following the advice as many on here... I applied and am continuing on with other applications till otherwise hired :P

Filled out my Pre-Hiring Qualification with a local PD and reviewed the questions for their polygraph (April 23rd). Here goes round 2 with them... The first time was the first polygraph I ever took and I failed hard for the polygraph games. And apparently that guy was fired for Veteran's discrimination. So we'll see how this one goes!

CBPO 19-1
      CBPO (44%)
      Eqip: done
      PFT1: 11/08/2018
      Medical: 10/30/2018
      SI: 12/11/2018
      Poly: scheduled 04/15

BPA 19-1
      BPA (44%):
      SI: 03/05/2019
      Poly: scheduled 04/15

MIA (DoA due to Fed Resume writing issues.... I am getting lessons now :P )
      CBPO 15-6 **3 yr recall w/ Military, not CBP hiring speed issue***
      CBPO (67%)
      SI: 12/11/2018
      Poly: 4/15/2019
      Poly 2: 5/22/2019
      Poly 2 Check: 5/30/2019
      Drug Screen: 06/05/2019
      BI (initial email): 06/10/2019
      BI Meet: 06/24/2019
      PFT2: 06/26/2019
      Final Call: 07/08/2019 **turned down for GS9 announcement**

CBPO 19-9 (50%)
      Referred: 07/03/2019
      Eqip / Medical / SI / Poly check: 07/09/2019
      PFT1 / BI / Drug Test check: ??
      Final Call: ??

MIA: Resubmitted

Comment

• 19-3 just got my SI schedule before my medical cleared (still pending) safe to say I passed medical?

Comment

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          Medical can take anywhere from a few days to 6 months to pass if not more

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          nope...sorry to crush you're dreams lol

• xknuckles
          xknuckles commented
          Editing a comment
          Rather have the truth haha. I just thought you couldn’t get a SI before passing medical

• Originally posted by Hyper33 View Post
        I'm a new poster but I've been following this thread and I been in the process for CBPO and BPA for a year and 1/2 now, currently sitting at 88% on the tracker for both. Well I got the "call" but it was from the BPA, which I decided to turn down and wait for Customs. I was wondering if anyone got the call for 1000 Islands or Champlain, NY recently?
        Someone on the other CBP forum posted a few days ago that he/she got Champlain, NY a few days ago ...

Comment

• Well it's been awhile since I last posted on here. Well I'm a VRA 17-2 applicant currently at 78% and got my OF-306 2 days ago via email to fill out and also the email that I've got referred to TSU. I also got my PFT-2 scheduled for next month (yes I have to do it because I did not reapply like majority of other applicants did). Had to do my medical twice because my initial was well past 2 years (November 2016) and re-did it 4 days before the shutdown along with my drug test. Drug test got cleared in Feb and medical on March 17th. Two days later my PFT-2 got scheduled.

I guess now after submitting OF-306, just waiting to see how long until I get offered the job.

Good luck to all continuing to wait and for those that have got hired.

Comment

• 19-4.
            Passed Fitness Exam and now at 50%....just waiting for an email now to schedule my poly.

Comment

• corsair
              corsair commented
              Editing a comment
              Now it’s time to get comfy

• Good Morning,

Can anyone elaborate on the new CBP Officer written exam? I was told that there is a new updated exam in place?

I took their written test in August of 2018 and there is now an updated exam, has anyone taken both and able to elaborate on some of the differences? Which of the two exams is more difficult?

Thank you

Comment

• corsair
              corsair commented
              Editing a comment
              https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/fi...0201811012.pdf

See if this link works to the guide I used - if not it’s on the CBP website. I wasn’t sure if you were referring to an actual written component but it looks like they consider the last part “written”. I practiced a few times prior to the test.

• mobyfish
              mobyfish commented
              Editing a comment
              When in august did you take it? It is my understanding that if you took it on or after August 5th of 2018, theres no need for you to retake it.

But if you're talking about the exam that they implemented in August of 2018, then in my opinion, it was pretty much the same exam as before. There was no noticable difference IMO.

• PA_Ed
              PA_Ed commented
              Editing a comment
              mobyfish I found the screenshot of my scheduled written test: August 3rd, just my luck ahahaa - looks like I will have to re-test
              Last edited by PA_Ed; 03-28-2019, 01:10 PM.

• Took my polygraph yesterday, pleasant experience, got the verbal pass, was told to wait 2 weeks for the official result, got the email in less than 24h. Waiting for Drug test and meeting with BI.

Best advice for the polygraph exam is to simply follow instructions, communicate any concerns, worries, and respect the polygraph examiner. Proper speaking etiquette and concise, confident answers are your best bet going in. Don't try to do any of the "tips to beat polygraph" and game it. It will only hurt you if you focus on trying to regulate your body or seem completely non-reactive.

Comment

• corsair
              corsair commented
              Editing a comment
              Great news JPOL and thanks for the advice

• PA_Ed
              PA_Ed commented
              Editing a comment
              May either of you check out my comment above and shed some insight please, thank you

• raudy06
              raudy06 commented
              Editing a comment
              You should be receiving an email to re-certify your Equip prior to commencement of the field portion part of the BI (Meeting your investigator) after he is done with you he will submit his packet and there comes the second waiting game, the BI clearance. Drug test doesn't come until after clearance happens. im currently waiting on my BI to clear, my packet was submitted on November 27.

• I have my polygraph scheduled for April 8th! Finally!
            18-2

11/24/17: Applied
            12/15/17: NOR
            12/28/17: EQIP Submitted
            1/04/18: Medical
            1/30/18: Fitness - Passed
            2/07/18: E-QIP Rejected (Corrected, re-submitted same day)
            2/20/18: E-QIP released to OPR
            3/09/18: SI
            3/10/18: NOR SI - Passed
            4/17/18: Request for Additional Medical Info
            5/02/18: Additional Medical Info Submitted
            ~11/19/18: Medical Cleared
            4/08/19: Polygraph Scheduled - Inconclusive
            5/29/19: Polygraph Scheduled
            6/02/19: Polygraph Passed
            ???: Background - In Progress
            ???: Drug Test

Comment

• I finally had my polygraph scheduled for yesterday so I flew into the location and stayed the night at a hotel. At 3 am, my unborn daughter decided it was time to come and my wife went into labor. I had to call and cancel and get on the next flight out to get to my wife. As I walked into the door of my wife’s hospital room, the doctor told her it looks like it was time to push. An hour later, a healthy and beautiful babygirl came into my life. The polygrapher was very understanding and rescheduled me for the beginning of April. What a story and stressful time in my life!

Comment

• Srhernza115
              Srhernza115 commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow congratulations! That’ll be a story to tell for years to come. Hopefully it’s a good omen for when you do take the exam.

• Evolution81
              Evolution81 commented
              Editing a comment
              Man you should've never scheduled that poly near the due date FOO! ..congrats on the baby

• raudy06
              raudy06 commented
              Editing a comment
              wow congrats!

• Talonderiel
              Talonderiel commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats, dad!

• does anyone also apply for TSA as well and how is the test ?

Comment

• Talonderiel
              Talonderiel commented
              Editing a comment
              I would apply for TSA...but apparently the airports near me are the lifer airports, no one retires or leaves! lol

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7931 users online. 374 members and 7557 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X