Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well it's been awhile since I last posted on here. Well I'm a VRA 17-2 applicant currently at 78% and got my OF-306 2 days ago via email to fill out and also the email that I've got referred to TSU. I also got my PFT-2 scheduled for next month (yes I have to do it because I did not reapply like majority of other applicants did). Had to do my medical twice because my initial was well past 2 years (November 2016) and re-did it 4 days before the shutdown along with my drug test. Drug test got cleared in Feb and medical on March 17th. Two days later my PFT-2 got scheduled.

I guess now after submitting OF-306, just waiting to see how long until I get offered the job.

Good luck to all continuing to wait and for those that have got hired.

Comment

• Deleted....
      Last edited by vtruy; 09-30-2019, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        Now it’s time to get comfy

• Good Morning,

Can anyone elaborate on the new CBP Officer written exam? I was told that there is a new updated exam in place?

I took their written test in August of 2018 and there is now an updated exam, has anyone taken both and able to elaborate on some of the differences? Which of the two exams is more difficult?

Thank you

Comment

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/fi...0201811012.pdf

See if this link works to the guide I used - if not it’s on the CBP website. I wasn’t sure if you were referring to an actual written component but it looks like they consider the last part “written”. I practiced a few times prior to the test.

• mobyfish
        mobyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        When in august did you take it? It is my understanding that if you took it on or after August 5th of 2018, theres no need for you to retake it.

But if you're talking about the exam that they implemented in August of 2018, then in my opinion, it was pretty much the same exam as before. There was no noticable difference IMO.

• PA_Ed
        PA_Ed commented
        Editing a comment
        mobyfish I found the screenshot of my scheduled written test: August 3rd, just my luck ahahaa - looks like I will have to re-test
        Last edited by PA_Ed; 03-28-2019, 02:10 PM.

• Took my polygraph yesterday, pleasant experience, got the verbal pass, was told to wait 2 weeks for the official result, got the email in less than 24h. Waiting for Drug test and meeting with BI.

Best advice for the polygraph exam is to simply follow instructions, communicate any concerns, worries, and respect the polygraph examiner. Proper speaking etiquette and concise, confident answers are your best bet going in. Don't try to do any of the "tips to beat polygraph" and game it. It will only hurt you if you focus on trying to regulate your body or seem completely non-reactive.

Comment

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        Great news JPOL and thanks for the advice

• PA_Ed
        PA_Ed commented
        Editing a comment
        May either of you check out my comment above and shed some insight please, thank you

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        You should be receiving an email to re-certify your Equip prior to commencement of the field portion part of the BI (Meeting your investigator) after he is done with you he will submit his packet and there comes the second waiting game, the BI clearance. Drug test doesn't come until after clearance happens. im currently waiting on my BI to clear, my packet was submitted on November 27.

• I have my polygraph scheduled for April 8th! Finally!
      18-2

11/24/17: Applied
      12/15/17: NOR
      12/28/17: EQIP Submitted
      1/04/18: Medical
      1/30/18: Fitness - Passed
      2/07/18: E-QIP Rejected (Corrected, re-submitted same day)
      2/20/18: E-QIP released to OPR
      3/09/18: SI
      3/10/18: NOR SI - Passed
      4/17/18: Request for Additional Medical Info
      5/02/18: Additional Medical Info Submitted
      ~11/19/18: Medical Cleared
      4/08/19: Polygraph Scheduled - Inconclusive
      5/29/19: Polygraph Scheduled
      6/02/19: Polygraph Passed
      ???: Background - In Progress
      ???: Drug Test

Comment

• I finally had my polygraph scheduled for yesterday so I flew into the location and stayed the night at a hotel. At 3 am, my unborn daughter decided it was time to come and my wife went into labor. I had to call and cancel and get on the next flight out to get to my wife. As I walked into the door of my wife’s hospital room, the doctor told her it looks like it was time to push. An hour later, a healthy and beautiful babygirl came into my life. The polygrapher was very understanding and rescheduled me for the beginning of April. What a story and stressful time in my life!

Comment

• Srhernza115
        Srhernza115 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow congratulations! That’ll be a story to tell for years to come. Hopefully it’s a good omen for when you do take the exam.

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        Man you should've never scheduled that poly near the due date FOO! ..congrats on the baby

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        wow congrats!

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats, dad!

• does anyone also apply for TSA as well and how is the test ?

Comment

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        I would apply for TSA...but apparently the airports near me are the lifer airports, no one retires or leaves! lol

• So after my post this morning, at around 1150 I got the call ... I have/had 3 apps on file

1 VRA
      - I selected Port Huron, MI

2 Competitive
      - This was port specific and I had chosen Detroit on my application back when I applied.

3 DH
      - I was offered 5 “critical areas”
      *AZ - Nogales
      - Douglas
      ​​​​​​ - San Luis
      - Lukeville

*CA - Calexico

EOD: June 5 2019
      Academy: June 20, 2019
      Graduation: Oct 25, 2019

I spoke with the lady and unlike other members post on this and other forums I must say that she was very pleasant.

Comment

• blackraiin
        blackraiin commented
        Editing a comment
        Srhernza115 thanks man ... it's been a long time coming

• YOUNG718
        YOUNG718 commented
        Editing a comment
        How long after the drug test did you get the call?

• blackraiin
        blackraiin commented
        Editing a comment
        YOUNG718 I took my drug test a few days before the recent shutdown ... and it cleared sometime (mind slips me of the approximate timeframe) in February then got the call yesterday

• YOUNG718
        YOUNG718 commented
        Editing a comment
        Way to stay the course. Says a lot about you.

• Does anyone know the timeframe to hear back the results of the Background Investigation? I already took the polygraph and met with the investigator and zhe told me she already sent out her report. It will be 2 years in April since I first applied to CBP. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        whats your announcement Srhernza115?

• bvalle300935
        bvalle300935 commented
        Editing a comment
        Its 17-4. Yeah thats what I've been hearing. It's just sucks seeing a lot of people go through that applied after me. I rarely post things here.

• Srhernza115
        Srhernza115 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m 18-4 got BI submitted in November.

• YOUNG718
        YOUNG718 commented
        Editing a comment
        Mine took 8 months.
        Last edited by YOUNG718; 03-29-2019, 11:31 PM.

• Still waiting to get my results for my poly did it yesterday morning nerve racking lol

Comment

• Just got my EQIP reject email - time to make some quick corrections.
        CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
        EQIP - Completed
        Medical Exam - Completed
        Structured Interview - Completed
        Fitness Test - Completed
        Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          pretty normal stuff, just sent it back out you dont have to fill everything again just correct,

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          I noticed I answered a question incorrectly so I reached out a head of time to try and fix it, looks like this saved me some time or I would have had to wait for it to be rejected.

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          oh ok gotcha.

• Talonderiel
          Talonderiel commented
          Editing a comment
          I think I re-did mine 7 times because of the requirement for physical locations of my deployment sights :P

• Thanks. Poly was extremely long. 6hrs. But the examiner was very nice and professional. Overall Good.

Comment

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          Did they mention a verbal pass?

• 19-5 here, just logged into the app and it said eqip in progress but I haven't received anything.

Comment

• rergang3
          rergang3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Have you received your NOR yet? Tentative selection? Need to receive your tentative selection first which will include instructions.

• Anthony_525
          Anthony_525 commented
          Editing a comment
          When the time comes you will get an email with your information.

• Thinkmango
          Thinkmango commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes I received the selection and did the questionnaire and the declaration.

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          Pretty sure mine showed In Progress right away for EQIP, Medical, SI, Drug Test, and PFT.

• Originally posted by Thinkmango View Post
        19-5 here, just logged into the app and it said eqip in progress but I haven't received anything.
        Yup received selection and filled out the questionnaire and the declaration.

Comment

• rergang3
          rergang3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ohhhhh so you've filled out the eqip already, I was confused. The app will say in progress for everything, but that doesn't mean anything. Just pay attention to your email and be patient.

• Thinkmango
          Thinkmango commented
          Editing a comment
          No I'm sorry for the confusion. I didn't get an email for eqip. But I see it on the app.

• Sheridan1 are you saying I don't deserve another shot? I don't even know why I was found unsuitable.

Comment

• Sheridan1
          Sheridan1 commented
          Editing a comment
          The opposite is what I'm saying. You shouldn't be found unsuitable for a position, only to reapply and everything be fine. Only exception I can think of is paying off debt but even then I think that's a silly reason unless your 6 figures in debt or something. I also don't think someone should be found unsuitable unless it's super serious, it just wastes time and resources for the applicant and the agency to do stuff all over again.

• Evolution81
          Evolution81 commented
          Editing a comment
          Only hal and the ajudicator know the answer to that. My friend went through a similar situation they told him the same thing ....you can reapply and then they denied his 2nd app with unsuitable...he found out through foia that his answers didn't match his prior poly /suspension from current job factored into him being found unsuitable

• YOUNG718
          YOUNG718 commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree with evo. When I was found suitable this past month, there was something in my background that came up. My adjudicator contacted me and we discussed it. I believe it is no use applying for a different announcement for hal’s case since they found you unsuitable. Once you put in your information (SS #), your old application will show up and they will immediately dq you again. You can try again if you want, but I seriously doubt you’ll fall through the cracks.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9797 users online. 500 members and 9297 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X