Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V_AntCBP thank you for your explanation. I’m excited just received my SI email from CBP. One step at a time. 3 green checks so far 3 more to go and if it is meant to be it will be. Best of luck to all in this process and I hope to meet as many colleagues at FLETC.

Comment

• 19-5 Got my first check mark for the fitness exam I took after my medical.

Comment

• So I got medically cleared last week after may months of waiting. I have no patience so I quickly after I found out I was cleared I emailed CBP asking how long it'll take for me to setup my polygraph. So if your in the process and waiting to hear from a polygrapher, it can take up to 6 months or more (and depending on their schedule) to call you and set up an appointment.
        Anybody got the call for the polygraph sooner than 6 months?

Comment

• radsavage
          radsavage commented
          Editing a comment
          David1984 I used medical results from July 2017... But I reapplied in March 2018. August 25, 2018 I got an email for additional medical info, I submitted them September 1st and they received my additional medical forms a week after. So it took either 7 months or 1 year lol cuz I don't know when they decided to review them

• radsavage
          radsavage commented
          Editing a comment
          corsair yes for some people its a bit different, but it all depends on location and the polygraphers schedule (that is what was stated in my email from cbp)

• radsavage
          radsavage commented
          Editing a comment
          BFASO my background was submitted as soon as i applied in march 2018, but that wasnt the first time i applied with cbp and i was already a federal employee. also im going in on a provisional clear

• radsavage
          radsavage commented
          Editing a comment
          V_AntCBP always check your spam folder lol and email them too
          Last edited by radsavage; 03-26-2019, 09:08 PM.

• SI tomorrow, lesssssgetttitttttt

Comment

• vtruy
          vtruy commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey fellow 19-4! Honestly the easiest interview I've ever done and thought I failed but got an email a day later that I passed lol. Just use common sense and don't think about it too much but take your time. Think before you answer and arrange your ideas in your head before you speak so it all makes sense. I wish I thought about the question a little more in my head before I answered but it all worked out in the end. Best of luck man!

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          If its for CBPO its the easiest Law Enforcement interview ever...if its BPA it will be very intense

• rergang3
          rergang3 commented
          Editing a comment
          douglasgene1 oh it was too easy. I was there for like an hour. Did the interview and fingerprints and left thinking "that's it?"
          Last edited by rergang3; 03-27-2019, 02:54 PM.

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          yeah, they need to update those questions. BPA SI they wanted every detail. BPA told me "paint a picture with the smallest detail", I responded "im not an artist but i can paint you a picture". they laughed however i was sweatin bullets lol. I cant tell you the question asked however it was an really intense question and they would take away some use of forces and see what i would do differently and if i was goin to keep my answers straight.

However in Law Enforcement boards the best sentence to use is "until the threat was eliminated". Gets points every time lol

• vtruy that's what I'm hearing! I've had a few oral boards in the past so I'm pretty prepared. My method is just to go into interviews like I have a better job I care about. Kinda helps take the edge off. I have my TSA one on Saturday so it's just all interview practice this week haha

Comment

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          Team 19-4 Unite!

• When I get the records I will share.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          I hope you get a good explanation man, 19 months , you deserve a good explanation without even asking them Hal29

• DMC1988
          DMC1988 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hal29 So like never? I mean it’s CBP. Good luck man on your re-application process.

• First time post on here. Just thought I would share my timeline. It's been a year today since I applied. Still waiting for polygraph.

18-4
        50% CASS
        EQUIP 4/2018
        Fitness 5/2018
        SI (Charleston) 6/2018
        Medical 6/2018
        Additional Medical Cleared 10/2018
        Polygraph ~ Pending
        Background ~ In Progress
        Drug Test ~ In Progress
        Last edited by C-Mo; 03-26-2019, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• I'm officially out of the process now. Good luck to those still in.

Quick question tho, has anyone's polygrapher stopped after only asking a couple of questions? Mine didnt even finish the test with me. It seemed vastly unfair, as there was nothing for me to tell her. Literally, nothing.

Comment

• KevinMO91
            KevinMO91 commented
            Editing a comment
            Evolution81 That's true but sometimes they just do that. When I took my first polygraph I didn't admit to anything crazy and I was stopped at a very specific question asked if I wanted to admit anything and I didn't the ploygraph ended there. I got offered to take another one two weeks later and the atmosphere was completely different from the first one. Never got questioned on a response and was told I passed right after.

I dunno why Dcherise18088 is worried, unless they already got an email saying they failed and aren't being given a chance to retest. IF that hasn't happened the process isn't over. I had to retake the polygraph and here I am hired now. My first polygraph couldn't have gotten much worse either I did all kinds of things even had to take my shoes off lol.

• Evolution81
            Evolution81 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah until she gets the unsuitable email I wouldn't doom and gloom it yet

• Talonderiel
            Talonderiel commented
            Editing a comment
            Dcherise18088 don't fall for the poly games!! My first test was (for a local PD), I failed for the games and got caught up in their acts. If you haven't received an official letter/email, then you're still in the running!

If you are serious about the service... Coast Guard is a good option and hardest to get into. I'm a Navy Reservist myself for 13 years, hit me up with any questions you may have!

• Dcherise18088
            Dcherise18088 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I recieved the unfavorable email the day before yesterday. The whole experience just struck me wrong. I explained a situation that was weighing on my mind that I was no way involved in with an acquaintance of my roommate, and I honestly think that it didnt matter what the results were actually showing, the polygrapher felt like I was no longer a good candidate. It's the only thing that actually makes sense to me.

As far as joining the service, I have looked into all of the branches, and while the army was my first choice because I can choose my MOS, I am pretty stuck on the navy. We will be submitting an OCS packet, so just keep your fingers crossed that I get picked up. gotta keep moving forward

• I took my drug test exactly a week ago and just 2 days ago I received an email saying I have been referred to the training and scheduling unit but when I check on CASS my drug test is still in progress.

Comment

• douglasgene1
            douglasgene1 commented
            Editing a comment
            CBPO takes a while to call back, BPA is very very quick

Save this number they usually call from it, you wont be able to call it back.

952 857 2900

• Does everyones CASS say Drug Test pending?
          Last edited by corsair; 03-27-2019, 09:26 AM.
          CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
          EQIP - Completed
          Medical Exam - Completed
          Structured Interview - Completed
          Fitness Test - Completed

Comment

• vtruy
            vtruy commented
            Editing a comment
            corsair, is this your first time submitting an E-QIP?

• corsair
            corsair commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes first time

• vtruy
            vtruy commented
            Editing a comment
            corsair, haha well that could be it maybe why mine was submitted so quickly compared to you. I've done the EQIP about 4 or 5 times now on different occasions.

• corsair
            corsair commented
            Editing a comment
            That could be it - they probably know you by first name haha

• 18-13 original applicant. Just received a CBP email request for additional medical information. It has been almost exactly 5 months since my medical exam.
          CBP 19-2 GS-9 (38%):

9/18/2018 Applied for 18-13
          9/20/2018 Written Exam
          10/3/2018 Referred for GS-7
          10/19/2018 E-QIP accepted
          10/23/2018 BI Packet Sent to OPR
          10/24/2018 Medical Exam
          11/2/2018 Applied for 19-2
          11/8/2018 Referred for GS-9
          11/13/2018 SI
          11/14/2018 Passed SI
          11/26/2018 PFT
          11/28/2018 Passed PFT
          3/27/2019 Med Review requested additional documents
          4/17/2019 Submitted additional medical paperwork

Comment

• SmokeScreen07
            SmokeScreen07 commented
            Editing a comment
            mudboned Fellow 18-13 here. I'm in the same boat as you, I received my email on 3/25 and I did my medical on 10/16/2018.

• mudboned
            mudboned commented
            Editing a comment
            SmokeScreen07 Well hey, at least we're moving!

• SmokeScreen07
            SmokeScreen07 commented
            Editing a comment
            mudboned yea, I already have an appointment next week with a doc, to see if they can do the exams they want and fill out the paperwork. What did they get you for? Mines arthritis.

• mudboned
            mudboned commented
            Editing a comment
            SmokeScreen07 Rotator cuff surgery and VA disability lol

• Still waiting on my medical to clear from December.. I know several people have waited longer, but jeez I don't even have anything except my tonsils were taken out when I was 14.. I'm sitting at 38% CBP 19-3.

Just wanted to complain for a second.

Comment

• standtheman
            standtheman commented
            Editing a comment
            cbradshaw310. i am also waiting for my med to be cleared too. the only problem on me is i done lasik 3 months ago lol.

• standtheman
            standtheman commented
            Editing a comment
            cbradshaw310 same with you that i emailed them 2 weeks ago and all they said due to many applicants so they don`t have any timeline.

• cbradshaw310
            cbradshaw310 commented
            Editing a comment
            standtheman The waiting sucks. haha I've never been good at the hurry up and wait crap.

• standtheman
            standtheman commented
            Editing a comment
            cbradshaw310 i know right... just for medical and it taking them forever to clear it...

• How long does it usually take to get an NOR for gs-9?

Comment

• kli0211
            kli0211 commented
            Editing a comment
            I want to say I got mine within about month of applying

• douglasgene1
            douglasgene1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I got mine week number 2...however my buddy it took 4 weeks

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            They sent me an email and said I could reapply.

• raudy06
            raudy06 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hal29 thats good news. Hope everything goes right this time.

• Anyon know if side zip boots are accepted in the academy?

Comment

• KevinMO91
            KevinMO91 commented
            Editing a comment
            From what I understand they are fine, only thing that matter is they are black and polishable. I plan on picking up a pair of these 5-11's in the next two weeks to break in before I go to the academy. Here's a link

https://www.511tactical.com/atac-2-0-8-storm-boot.html

• bonds525
            bonds525 commented
            Editing a comment
            KevinMO91 thanks man, those are sick, I’m planning on getting the Bates Durashock 8 inch, my buddy is a cop so he gets a discount on govx.com

• douglasgene1
            douglasgene1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Boots are very vague in the rule book. Its safe to say as long as they arent off the wall you will be good.

• Well yesterday I got a green checkmark for my EQIP. It was sent out to OPR.

19-2
          @ 50%
          CBPO 19-2
          @ 50%

NOR: 12/2018
          Tentative Selection for GS-5: 12/2018
          Turned in EQIP: 02/2019
          SI: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
          Medical: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
          PFT-1: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
          Resubmit EQIP: 03/2019
          EQIP Sent To OPR: 03/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)

Comment

• Anthony_525
            Anthony_525 commented
            Editing a comment
            I got an email to resubmit my EQIP today, do yo I have to re input everything?

• SPX
            SPX commented
            Editing a comment
            Anthony_525 I corrected some typos, mistakes and updated my information.

I didn't have to re input everything, just do corrections. The information carried over from the old EQIP when correcting.

• Anthony_525
            Anthony_525 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the information! They said I only had one mistake to correct, but I will look the entire thing over again.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11256 users online. 460 members and 10796 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X