300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lemons29 View Post
    Does anyone know how the pay works? I know you either start off as GS5/7/9, but what if you make more than a 9 and have a masters? Do they try to match your salary or do you have to take a paycut.
    Have you already applied? If so you will receive a rating that will determine what grades you qualify for based on experience and/or education.

Typically a masters degree will qualify one to EOD as a GS 9. If you do not work for the federal government it is not very likely that you will receive any pay matching.
    “Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.” - Steven Wright

US Army MP (95B) 1992-1997
    DOJ Agent/ DHS Officer 1997 to Present

Comment

• Meeting with BI tomorrow.! Hopefully the wheels start turning quicker now

Comment

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        Keep us posted - were living through you

• Srhernza115
        Srhernza115 commented
        Editing a comment
        Second what Corsair said.

• MrAce
        MrAce commented
        Editing a comment
        What he said above... keep us posted please

• ncavazos
        ncavazos commented
        Editing a comment
        Well I think all went well. Pretty much went over couple of things. I did need to get him a little bit more additional information but he said once he has everything (hopfully by tomorrow) he was going to submit so the final decision could be made. (Fingers crossed)

• Anyone got any tips on how to deal with medical? I broke my arm as a kid. They requested I get seen and had the forms filled out. The forms want medical records, nature of injury, exact diagnosis etc. I lived in a different state, and I called them and they don't have the records because they only keep them for 7 years, and it has been almost 15 years.

I had the surgery when I was 12 to fix a fracture in my arm. I have no issues with it and played sports afterwards throughout high school. I lift weights and play hockey. My doctor said he would clear me for the forms that say he thinks I can do the job, which ask "in his opinion". In his opinion I can handle a firearm, do pullups, defensive tactics, etc. The first few forms ask about the actual injury, rehab, etc., and he doesn't feel comfortable feeling these out (understandable, he wasn't my doc then). I called the med people and they said I need to have them all filled out. The lady seemed very annoyed with me about this even after I explained my situation. She asked why my parents didn't keep that information for example.

Who is going to sign off on that I can do those things based on an injury they can't see, didn't treat, and are literally taking my word about? Stuck in a feedback loop, does anyone have any advice?

edit - Also annoyed because the doc who did my medical physical said that everyone was fine and she messed around with my arm a bit just to be sure. I guess the medical person at the hiring center overruled her simply because it said surgery.

Comment

• radsavage
        radsavage commented
        Editing a comment
        If I was in your spot, I'd have an random doctor just fill it out for me.

• Nextrunnerup
        Nextrunnerup commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed. Just have another doctor clear you. Then you may have to write a self statement saying this hasn’t affected me in X Y Z. And you can get a statement from your old doctor stating we don’t have the records we toss them after x amount of time. They just want to cover themselves. Reassure them and you’ll be okay.

• Hey all - I accepted Sumas Washington. EOD June 17 - academy 7/1-11/5. I’m excited.

Anyone have any idea what the academy is like for those of us who haven’t been there? Weekends off? Federal holidays off while at the academy? I’m prior law and went through 6 months training but I feel like FLETC is going to be different then a full blown military like academy but.... I could be totally wrong!

When do we get our firearm!? =D Sad to say I don’t even know what CBP carries lol. Smh. Oh well.

edit - just looked, yaaaaas H & K oh man
      Last edited by Nextrunnerup; 03-24-2019, 09:44 PM.

Comment

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        search is your friend...it is para military its not hard at all

• Srhernza115
        Srhernza115 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats dude. What announcement are you if you don’t mind me asking?

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        The H&K is in the process of being replaced by an as-of-yet unannounced 9MM. You will be issued your gun at the academy. After graduation, it becomes your anchor.

Standard academies run with weekends and federal holidays off.
        Last edited by merlin436; 03-25-2019, 05:54 AM.

• radsavage
        radsavage commented
        Editing a comment
        they give you fake guns to carry around the academy. I remember a guy forgot his on the bus that drives you around the academy and he was on a plane back home within a few days.... its pretty damn strict down there on all agencies

• Any people going to FLETC 07/01 shoot me a pm, me and some other guys on another forum are trying to get a group text together with people in our class. Shoot me your number if you’re in the class and interested

Comment

• radsavage
        radsavage commented
        Editing a comment
        did u interview in chicago on june 6?

• To All,

I am looking for some feedback. I am in 19-2 preemployeement process. I have my CASS app. at 38% complete. My E-Qip has been released to OPR, Medical is completed, Fitness is completed. I have 3 green check marks. I am waiting to have my SI scheduled. Is this the normal process this all started in December of 2018.

I am aware with the government shutdown there has been a back log with open applications. I hope the process continues fairly quickly.

Thank you

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        your process is normal speed fonzi7979 my bet is in the next few weeks you will be scheduled for SI, after SI, time line for poly is anywhere from 2 days to 1 year plus, depend on your are a vet, your area busy or not, if you are BPA or CBPO applicant, etc... so buckle up and expect to wait a very long time....

• capt55dan
        capt55dan commented
        Editing a comment
        19-4 here. Completed SI last week, green check mark. Did medical and EQIP and haven't heard back about them.

• Crake
        Crake commented
        Editing a comment
        It's all different depending on who has your application and is processing it. My SI was the first thing scheduled, even before my medical did. And I'm also at 38% except my medical hasn't been cleared yet. They informed me that there was a backlog for that, even though it wasn't for you.

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s interesting - my medical was the first thing to go green. I’m sure there’s so many variables, the more I learn I realize there’s no point in understanding the process.

• Question on process, if you pass the poly how long is the process looking after that?

Also, has anyone been hired or heard of someone being hired for Miami? Im trying to stay in miami if possible but im 18-2 which did not have miami on the listing

Comment

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        after poly, you have to wait for the real background investigation to be completed. They will fully run your background, investigator will come to your workplace, talk to your friends, family, neighbors, etc... I've seen people waited for 6-7 months easily... so once again, wait...wait... if your announcement is Regular, you can ask for MIA, if they need people at the time of the call, you will get it. If you are VRA, you will get MIA as well, If you are DH forget it... if you want MIA, reapply to a Regular or VRA. Bam2323

• O_rod86
        O_rod86 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey man! I’m 18-2. So far no FL available(when I received the call) . I also wanted to see to relocate there :/ but things can change.

• Jo.lopz
        Jo.lopz commented
        Editing a comment
        There’s 2 of us starting in Miami Seaport in May, but we’re able to get it due to our VRA rating. It wasn’t on my initial list. They had to email headquarters.

• So after almost 6 months since my Initial Medical, I get an email this morning at 0831 stating I'm on Med Review. Let the fun begin.

Comment

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just curious if you disclosed or had any medical condiotions in the past? I took my medical early 12/18 and it’s still pending for nurses review and I have no medical history with good vision and hearing according to the nurse and doctor where I took my medical.
        Last edited by David1984; 03-25-2019, 11:40 AM.

• SmokeScreen07
        SmokeScreen07 commented
        Editing a comment
        David1984, I listed a prior injury from when I was a child. As an old man, I've come to find out that I have arthritis from it. So they flagged the arthritis, now I have to find an Ortho doc, who can preform the tests they want done and fill out the paper work.

• David1984
        David1984 commented
        Editing a comment
        Damn that’s very unfortunate, but atleast it’s sonething you can correct and show them. I just don’t know why mine hasn’t cleared all I keep getting is the same generic respond back. Thank you for the clarification and good luck. SmokeScreen07

• SmokeScreen07
        SmokeScreen07 commented
        Editing a comment
        David1984, You're welcome, and they can be either really backed up with applicants like they claim, or they're placing an priority on certain announcements i.e. DH, BP, or their new hiring initiative. Either way they'll let you know.

• Anybody know when I should be expecting the call? It’s been over a week since I completed and passed the drug test (final step).

Comment

• YOUNG718
        YOUNG718 commented
        Editing a comment
        Normally, I see people getting the call within a few days of the drug test and in some cases, like yours, on the same day but mine is taking longer. I’m anxious to finally get an EOD date and embark on this new journey
        Last edited by YOUNG718; 03-25-2019, 04:13 PM.

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you VRA,DH or regular?

• YOUNG718
        YOUNG718 commented
        Editing a comment
        DH. Been at this since Sept 17.

• O_rod86
        O_rod86 commented
        Editing a comment
        I saved the number, but be advised they called me unknown (private) just answer all calls

• So after 19 months in the process, they have said they have found me unsuitable for the position but did not tell me why. End of the road for me.

Comment

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29, sorry to hear that! Hopefully you get some answers.

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you get an email or find out on CASS?

• dannyboy33
        dannyboy33 commented
        Editing a comment
        What?! Oh man I'm sorry brother!

• kli0211
        kli0211 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nooo! Man I’ve been following your process. I’m so sorry to hear that, you seemed so dedicated and really sounded like you’d be a great addition to the agency. did they just send you an email or did they call?

• Hi all. i just have question need to clear it out. my question is if i on dept on credit card which is around $500 and i am doing payment for my lasik which is $3k. my credit score is very good. Do these stuffs affect me for being DQ ?

Comment

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        The look at you standing, you need to be in good standing in you're debt. I have 2 credit cards with 500...600 on them i keep them around 350-500 so i can keep the credit up (showing i make all payments)

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        That amount shouldn’t be an issue at all

• standtheman
        standtheman commented
        Editing a comment
        do you guys think the credit score is the most concern ?

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        I think I read back credit score can have a negative impact - normally bad debt etc are the causes. If that’s all you owe I’d imagine yours isn’t that bad.

• I checked Cass and it shows 63%

the says candidates found unsuitable will be notified via email

why would i be able to login and show 63% if I'm unsuitable? Why would it say pending?

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        raudy06 I found out through email.

• DMC1988
        DMC1988 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Hal29, would you be able to share the reason? Have passed my poly and I’m in the same situations, just waiting on the background.

• eikichi10
        eikichi10 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 I’m really sorry for that result bro. Correct me if I’m wrong but I think I saw you mentioned before that you were denied a provisional clearance when you asked about it? Could that be a sign of anything?

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        eikichi10 I was denied provisional clearance as well when I asked about it. But a month later my BI turned green.

• Checked my CASS recieved my first green check mark today. 13% and a long way to go. 19-4

Comment

• Gotta ask anyone with a record actually get hired on? I’ll be honest when I applied I had a dui pleaded down to reckless driving on my record. It’s since then been expunged. Happened at age 23. I’m 25 now. I’ve been up front with it on the eqip, structural interview, the polygraph and with my background investigator. That’s only thing on me background wise, passed everything so far. I’m just wondering am I hoping for something that won’t happen since that was on my record at time of applying? I don’t see too many ppl just openly say they have anything on this forum.

Comment

• JDalhoff
          JDalhoff commented
          Editing a comment
          V_AntCBP yeah I kno this by now just had to ask cause haven’t really heard many ppl talk about a record and get hired. I’m just trying to start my career, go work up north enjoy the cold weather and outdoors! Haha

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          JDalhoff I hear you bro, I want to move to SEA too, I'm sick of Florida and the weather... I want a change ... I was just gonna move but this process kind of hold me back. I want a result of this long process before making decision.

• Jo.lopz
          Jo.lopz commented
          Editing a comment
          Reckless driving didn’t affect some people I know. As well as prior drug use. As long as you’re completely honest, you should be okay.

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Jo.lopz, not completely true. I mean its amazing on some peoples background and all the stuff that was done and still get through. But honesty doesn't always ring true. Because of a student loan I was found unsuitable, then told to reapply. Then Case manager said to submit all documented proof. Couldn't ask that during the initial background. Oh well.

• Had my polygraph today, examiner mentioned I may need to take a 2nd polygraph. Anyone know the turnaround time for a 2nd one to be scheduled? Also, is the 2nd polygraph the whole exam like the first or just the issues in question?

Comment

• Talonderiel
          Talonderiel commented
          Editing a comment
          Hopefully it is quick! Keep us informed, brotherman.

• d2ep
          d2ep commented
          Editing a comment
          My examiner told me the same thing that I might have to come back to do another but only the part he thought I messed up. But After couple of weeks it went green. Did he/she told you that you have passed?

• jamoranto
          jamoranto commented
          Editing a comment
          Just got an email today from the polygraph examiner, I passed. Any idea how long until I get a call from the BI or Drug test?

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats Jam, overall how’d you feel about the poly process?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10540 users online. 432 members and 10108 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X