Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know when I should be expecting the call? It’s been over a week since I completed and passed the drug test (final step).

Comment

• YOUNG718
      YOUNG718 commented
      Editing a comment
      Normally, I see people getting the call within a few days of the drug test and in some cases, like yours, on the same day but mine is taking longer. I’m anxious to finally get an EOD date and embark on this new journey
      Last edited by YOUNG718; 03-25-2019, 05:13 PM.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you VRA,DH or regular?

• YOUNG718
      YOUNG718 commented
      Editing a comment
      DH. Been at this since Sept 17.

• O_rod86
      O_rod86 commented
      Editing a comment
      I saved the number, but be advised they called me unknown (private) just answer all calls

• So after 19 months in the process, they have said they have found me unsuitable for the position but did not tell me why. End of the road for me.

Comment

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29, sorry to hear that! Hopefully you get some answers.

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you get an email or find out on CASS?

• dannyboy33
      dannyboy33 commented
      Editing a comment
      What?! Oh man I'm sorry brother!

• kli0211
      kli0211 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nooo! Man I’ve been following your process. I’m so sorry to hear that, you seemed so dedicated and really sounded like you’d be a great addition to the agency. did they just send you an email or did they call?

• Hi all. i just have question need to clear it out. my question is if i on dept on credit card which is around $500 and i am doing payment for my lasik which is $3k. my credit score is very good. Do these stuffs affect me for being DQ ?

Comment

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      The look at you standing, you need to be in good standing in you're debt. I have 2 credit cards with 500...600 on them i keep them around 350-500 so i can keep the credit up (showing i make all payments)

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      That amount shouldn’t be an issue at all

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      do you guys think the credit score is the most concern ?

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      I think I read back credit score can have a negative impact - normally bad debt etc are the causes. If that’s all you owe I’d imagine yours isn’t that bad.

• I checked Cass and it shows 63%

the says candidates found unsuitable will be notified via email

why would i be able to login and show 63% if I'm unsuitable? Why would it say pending?

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      raudy06 I found out through email.

• DMC1988
      DMC1988 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Hal29, would you be able to share the reason? Have passed my poly and I’m in the same situations, just waiting on the background.

• eikichi10
      eikichi10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 I’m really sorry for that result bro. Correct me if I’m wrong but I think I saw you mentioned before that you were denied a provisional clearance when you asked about it? Could that be a sign of anything?

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      eikichi10 I was denied provisional clearance as well when I asked about it. But a month later my BI turned green.

• Checked my CASS recieved my first green check mark today. 13% and a long way to go. 19-4

Comment

• Gotta ask anyone with a record actually get hired on? I’ll be honest when I applied I had a dui pleaded down to reckless driving on my record. It’s since then been expunged. Happened at age 23. I’m 25 now. I’ve been up front with it on the eqip, structural interview, the polygraph and with my background investigator. That’s only thing on me background wise, passed everything so far. I’m just wondering am I hoping for something that won’t happen since that was on my record at time of applying? I don’t see too many ppl just openly say they have anything on this forum.

Comment

• JDalhoff
        JDalhoff commented
        Editing a comment
        V_AntCBP yeah I kno this by now just had to ask cause haven’t really heard many ppl talk about a record and get hired. I’m just trying to start my career, go work up north enjoy the cold weather and outdoors! Haha

• V_AntCBP
        V_AntCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        JDalhoff I hear you bro, I want to move to SEA too, I'm sick of Florida and the weather... I want a change ... I was just gonna move but this process kind of hold me back. I want a result of this long process before making decision.

• Jo.lopz
        Jo.lopz commented
        Editing a comment
        Reckless driving didn’t affect some people I know. As well as prior drug use. As long as you’re completely honest, you should be okay.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Jo.lopz, not completely true. I mean its amazing on some peoples background and all the stuff that was done and still get through. But honesty doesn't always ring true. Because of a student loan I was found unsuitable, then told to reapply. Then Case manager said to submit all documented proof. Couldn't ask that during the initial background. Oh well.

• Had my polygraph today, examiner mentioned I may need to take a 2nd polygraph. Anyone know the turnaround time for a 2nd one to be scheduled? Also, is the 2nd polygraph the whole exam like the first or just the issues in question?

Comment

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        Hopefully it is quick! Keep us informed, brotherman.

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        My examiner told me the same thing that I might have to come back to do another but only the part he thought I messed up. But After couple of weeks it went green. Did he/she told you that you have passed?

• jamoranto
        jamoranto commented
        Editing a comment
        Just got an email today from the polygraph examiner, I passed. Any idea how long until I get a call from the BI or Drug test?

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats Jam, overall how’d you feel about the poly process?

• V_AntCBP thank you for your explanation. I’m excited just received my SI email from CBP. One step at a time. 3 green checks so far 3 more to go and if it is meant to be it will be. Best of luck to all in this process and I hope to meet as many colleagues at FLETC.

Comment

• 19-5 Got my first check mark for the fitness exam I took after my medical.

Comment

• So I got medically cleared last week after may months of waiting. I have no patience so I quickly after I found out I was cleared I emailed CBP asking how long it'll take for me to setup my polygraph. So if your in the process and waiting to hear from a polygrapher, it can take up to 6 months or more (and depending on their schedule) to call you and set up an appointment.
          Anybody got the call for the polygraph sooner than 6 months?

Comment

• radsavage
            radsavage commented
            Editing a comment
            David1984 I used medical results from July 2017... But I reapplied in March 2018. August 25, 2018 I got an email for additional medical info, I submitted them September 1st and they received my additional medical forms a week after. So it took either 7 months or 1 year lol cuz I don't know when they decided to review them

• radsavage
            radsavage commented
            Editing a comment
            corsair yes for some people its a bit different, but it all depends on location and the polygraphers schedule (that is what was stated in my email from cbp)

• radsavage
            radsavage commented
            Editing a comment
            BFASO my background was submitted as soon as i applied in march 2018, but that wasnt the first time i applied with cbp and i was already a federal employee. also im going in on a provisional clear

• radsavage
            radsavage commented
            Editing a comment
            V_AntCBP always check your spam folder lol and email them too
            Last edited by radsavage; 03-26-2019, 10:08 PM.

• SI tomorrow, lesssssgetttitttttt

Comment

• vtruy
            vtruy commented
            Editing a comment
            Deleted....
            Last edited by vtruy; 09-30-2019, 11:02 AM.

• douglasgene1
            douglasgene1 commented
            Editing a comment
            If its for CBPO its the easiest Law Enforcement interview ever...if its BPA it will be very intense

• rergang3
            rergang3 commented
            Editing a comment
            douglasgene1 oh it was too easy. I was there for like an hour. Did the interview and fingerprints and left thinking "that's it?"
            Last edited by rergang3; 03-27-2019, 03:54 PM.

• douglasgene1
            douglasgene1 commented
            Editing a comment
            yeah, they need to update those questions. BPA SI they wanted every detail. BPA told me "paint a picture with the smallest detail", I responded "im not an artist but i can paint you a picture". they laughed however i was sweatin bullets lol. I cant tell you the question asked however it was an really intense question and they would take away some use of forces and see what i would do differently and if i was goin to keep my answers straight.

However in Law Enforcement boards the best sentence to use is "until the threat was eliminated". Gets points every time lol

• vtruy that's what I'm hearing! I've had a few oral boards in the past so I'm pretty prepared. My method is just to go into interviews like I have a better job I care about. Kinda helps take the edge off. I have my TSA one on Saturday so it's just all interview practice this week haha

Comment

• corsair
            corsair commented
            Editing a comment
            Team 19-4 Unite!

• When I get the records I will share.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            I hope you get a good explanation man, 19 months , you deserve a good explanation without even asking them Hal29

• DMC1988
            DMC1988 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hal29 So like never? I mean it’s CBP. Good luck man on your re-application process.

• First time post on here. Just thought I would share my timeline. It's been a year today since I applied. Still waiting for polygraph.

18-4
          50% CASS
          EQUIP 4/2018
          Fitness 5/2018
          SI (Charleston) 6/2018
          Medical 6/2018
          Additional Medical Cleared 10/2018
          Polygraph ~ Pending
          Background ~ In Progress
          Drug Test ~ In Progress
          Last edited by C-Mo; 03-26-2019, 10:55 PM.

Comment

• I'm officially out of the process now. Good luck to those still in.

Quick question tho, has anyone's polygrapher stopped after only asking a couple of questions? Mine didnt even finish the test with me. It seemed vastly unfair, as there was nothing for me to tell her. Literally, nothing.

Comment

• KevinMO91
              KevinMO91 commented
              Editing a comment
              Evolution81 That's true but sometimes they just do that. When I took my first polygraph I didn't admit to anything crazy and I was stopped at a very specific question asked if I wanted to admit anything and I didn't the ploygraph ended there. I got offered to take another one two weeks later and the atmosphere was completely different from the first one. Never got questioned on a response and was told I passed right after.

I dunno why Dcherise18088 is worried, unless they already got an email saying they failed and aren't being given a chance to retest. IF that hasn't happened the process isn't over. I had to retake the polygraph and here I am hired now. My first polygraph couldn't have gotten much worse either I did all kinds of things even had to take my shoes off lol.

• Evolution81
              Evolution81 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah until she gets the unsuitable email I wouldn't doom and gloom it yet

• Talonderiel
              Talonderiel commented
              Editing a comment
              Dcherise18088 don't fall for the poly games!! My first test was (for a local PD), I failed for the games and got caught up in their acts. If you haven't received an official letter/email, then you're still in the running!

If you are serious about the service... Coast Guard is a good option and hardest to get into. I'm a Navy Reservist myself for 13 years, hit me up with any questions you may have!

• Dcherise18088
              Dcherise18088 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I recieved the unfavorable email the day before yesterday. The whole experience just struck me wrong. I explained a situation that was weighing on my mind that I was no way involved in with an acquaintance of my roommate, and I honestly think that it didnt matter what the results were actually showing, the polygrapher felt like I was no longer a good candidate. It's the only thing that actually makes sense to me.

As far as joining the service, I have looked into all of the branches, and while the army was my first choice because I can choose my MOS, I am pretty stuck on the navy. We will be submitting an OCS packet, so just keep your fingers crossed that I get picked up. gotta keep moving forward

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7321 users online. 255 members and 7066 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X