Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are the other 19-1 looking? I’m at %50 I took my SI 12-15-18 I hear some of us are getting the Polly email.

Comment

• Hey y’all. 19-5 VRA applicant for both the officer and BPA positions. Does anyone know if VA records are pulled for the medical or background? I receive compensation but per the eQIP, I don’t have any potentially disqualifying conditions (section 21 I believe). That said, I have sought counseling in the past due to adjusting from a combat environment. I’m not trying to bury anything, I’m under the impression that CBP and OPM will get what they want regardless.

Anyways, I understand it’s a long process and I’m just getting started, I simply hope to better understand what to expect. Until then, I’ll be on the stair-stepper and in the gym. Thanks everyone and best of luck with the process!

Comment

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        Your records will be pulled

• I wanna post a reply on my timeline here *_* cuz im curious to see if anyone i interviewed with, or whoever is from the same announcement as me is still in the process or academy:

18-6
      3/2018 applied to 18-6
      3/2018 passed test
      4/27/18 passed fitness (did not do a medical; instead used a prior medical within the 6 month of reapplying with cbp)
      6/2018 SI and passed (interview in chicago, il)
      8/25/2018 received email for additional info regarding my medical
      9/1/2018 sent in all additional medical info
      3/20/2019 medical cleared
      poly: ?
      bc: ?
      drug test: ?
      eod: ?
      fletc: ?
      50% completion

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Well we can't discuss poly graph questions because we sign a none disclosure agreement. Just get rest, eat well and preps for a long day.

• Taking my polygraph in 3 days, are there any questions that I should ask ahead of time?

Comment

• bonds525
        bonds525 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope be honest, and say anything and everything that’s on your mind no matter how silly or embarrassing

• d2ep
        d2ep commented
        Editing a comment
        If anything that bothers you and think that will hurt you with the poly just tell them. They will go over the poly process before the actual poly so if there are any questions or anything you can let the examiner know. Just go to cbp site they explain everything you need to know about poly.

Btw Good luck

• rachrose77
        rachrose77 commented
        Editing a comment
        Like it was said before we can’t offer much in the way of details because we all signed a non disclosure statement. But definitely DONT be dishonest at alllll. Just answer the questions briefly and honestly If you aren’t sure about something, ask for clarification they are there to help you. Not fail you. At the end of the day if you’re honest and you fail at least you can look at yourself in the mirror the next day. If you lie, you may pass but you’ll always be looking over your shoulder

• radsavage
        radsavage commented
        Editing a comment
        how was the polygraph experience? @ me and let me know bud

• Does anyone know how the pay works? I know you either start off as GS5/7/9, but what if you make more than a 9 and have a masters? Do they try to match your salary or do you have to take a paycut.

Comment

• CBPO.BPJ
        CBPO.BPJ commented
        Editing a comment
        Exbpa340 I applied as direct hire and picked Arizona as my preferred location

• Sheridan1
        Sheridan1 commented
        Editing a comment
        There's a lot of OT in AZ so you'd probably make more especially with the 33% incentive

• Exbpa340
        Exbpa340 commented
        Editing a comment
        Many parts of AZ receive RUS (rest of US locality). Tucson/Nogales receives a small bump over RUS and The greater PHX area receives just under a 4 percent bump over RUS.

If you applied as a CBPO (as this is the CBPO thread) you would be entitled to the appropriate GS 7 pay depending on locality. $41,365 (under RUS) to $42,699 (Phoenix locality)

You might be able to earn several thousand in overtime but this would depend greatly on duty location/availability of OT. CBPOs have a very good OT system (COPRA) but are not guaranteed anything above base pay.

If you also applied as a BPA (and decided to take a BPA position in AZ) you would receive a higher base rate (BPAs fall under the LEO general schedule) and with BPAPRA are essentially guaranteed an additional 25 percent over their base rate (they work an additional 2 hours daily). $46,879 (RUS) to $48,391 (Phoenix locality). They would then get an additional 25 percent (after training). $58,598 (RUS + BPAPRA) to $60,488 (Phoenix + BPAPRA).

• Exbpa340
        Exbpa340 commented
        Editing a comment
        The incentive pay would definitely help CBPO.BPJ but there usually is a reason when Uncle Sam is throwing money at applicants to accept these locations. Just something to think about.

• Yes, I am currently alittle over 80 right now so I was wondering how they would negotiate salary or if I even could do that with a masters degree and one year of govt service. hmmm i see, would they at least give you a higher step like instead of step 1 theyll give you like step 6.

Comment

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        it will be a pay cut ive been in the feds for 13 years.... 3 agencies.... they will match the closest to the grade you qualified for via steps if you are a FED EMPLOYEE!!!...locality pay is diffrent you have to look up whatever duty stations locality pay you applied for if its not up there then you are RUS(Rest of US)
        Last edited by Evolution81; 03-24-2019, 05:14 PM.

• Exbpa340
        Exbpa340 commented
        Editing a comment
        1 - It is highly unlikely that anyone is going to be hitting the cap out the gate so the GS 5 hitting 74K figure is way off base.
        2 - If you are not a Federal employee you will most likely not have your pay matched.
        3 - There is locality pay (not cost of living) and that is easily found on the OPM website general schedules.
        4 - For CBPOs (and BPAs) there is non competitive promotion to GS 12. This means that every year the officer/agent will be promoted to the next GS grade (5 to 7, 7 to 9, 9 to 11 and 11 to 12). Once you top out you move along the longevity steps (1-4 at 52 week intervals, 5-7 at 104 week intervals and 8 to 10 at 156 week intervals) as outlined at the OPM website.
        5 - Below I will post the General schedule for 2019. Be advised that this does not include the approx 1.9 percent raise that was included in the funding bill that Trump signed. This retroactive raise will be included at some point in the future. The below pay schedules are for CBPOs. BPAs and other agents/officers that the federal government considers LEOs are compensated with a different pay schedule (gives a small bump for grades 3 to 10).

https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...eral-schedule/

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes it is almost impossible to bit the 45,000 cap. I added the pay that overtime included and said it was rear. Posted up what was on the job posting. It's all misleading data.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        That GS-12/01 figure of 95K probably isn't that far off...assuming a person works a non-day shift in a port with average overtime availability. It's also paying at 2022 money...which should allow for 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 annual pay increases.

For those working day shifts... it'll get much more difficult hitting 95K as a GS-12/01...especially in RUS and other minimally enhanced locality pay areas at average overtime earnings.

• Steps normally do not kick in until one hits journeyman level.

That fairy-tale approximate salary chart the agency tosses out includes a healthy locality pay, as well as some significant overtime and differential earnings.

The 45K cap isn't exactly all that well supported in most ports under most circumstances. Especially for new hires and those not yet journeyman. Good luck to those looking boost GS-05 salaries by capping out. You will likely need it.

Comment

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the insight Merlin - tons of variables

• Originally posted by Lemons29 View Post
      Does anyone know how the pay works? I know you either start off as GS5/7/9, but what if you make more than a 9 and have a masters? Do they try to match your salary or do you have to take a paycut.
      Have you already applied? If so you will receive a rating that will determine what grades you qualify for based on experience and/or education.

Typically a masters degree will qualify one to EOD as a GS 9. If you do not work for the federal government it is not very likely that you will receive any pay matching.
      “Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.” - Steven Wright

US Army MP (95B) 1992-1997
      DOJ Agent/ DHS Officer 1997 to Present

Comment

• Meeting with BI tomorrow.! Hopefully the wheels start turning quicker now

Comment

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          Keep us posted - were living through you

• Srhernza115
          Srhernza115 commented
          Editing a comment
          Second what Corsair said.

• MrAce
          MrAce commented
          Editing a comment
          What he said above... keep us posted please

• ncavazos
          ncavazos commented
          Editing a comment
          Well I think all went well. Pretty much went over couple of things. I did need to get him a little bit more additional information but he said once he has everything (hopfully by tomorrow) he was going to submit so the final decision could be made. (Fingers crossed)

• Anyone got any tips on how to deal with medical? I broke my arm as a kid. They requested I get seen and had the forms filled out. The forms want medical records, nature of injury, exact diagnosis etc. I lived in a different state, and I called them and they don't have the records because they only keep them for 7 years, and it has been almost 15 years.

I had the surgery when I was 12 to fix a fracture in my arm. I have no issues with it and played sports afterwards throughout high school. I lift weights and play hockey. My doctor said he would clear me for the forms that say he thinks I can do the job, which ask "in his opinion". In his opinion I can handle a firearm, do pullups, defensive tactics, etc. The first few forms ask about the actual injury, rehab, etc., and he doesn't feel comfortable feeling these out (understandable, he wasn't my doc then). I called the med people and they said I need to have them all filled out. The lady seemed very annoyed with me about this even after I explained my situation. She asked why my parents didn't keep that information for example.

Who is going to sign off on that I can do those things based on an injury they can't see, didn't treat, and are literally taking my word about? Stuck in a feedback loop, does anyone have any advice?

edit - Also annoyed because the doc who did my medical physical said that everyone was fine and she messed around with my arm a bit just to be sure. I guess the medical person at the hiring center overruled her simply because it said surgery.

Comment

• radsavage
          radsavage commented
          Editing a comment
          If I was in your spot, I'd have an random doctor just fill it out for me.

• Nextrunnerup
          Nextrunnerup commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed. Just have another doctor clear you. Then you may have to write a self statement saying this hasn’t affected me in X Y Z. And you can get a statement from your old doctor stating we don’t have the records we toss them after x amount of time. They just want to cover themselves. Reassure them and you’ll be okay.

• Hey all - I accepted Sumas Washington. EOD June 17 - academy 7/1-11/5. I’m excited.

Anyone have any idea what the academy is like for those of us who haven’t been there? Weekends off? Federal holidays off while at the academy? I’m prior law and went through 6 months training but I feel like FLETC is going to be different then a full blown military like academy but.... I could be totally wrong!

When do we get our firearm!? =D Sad to say I don’t even know what CBP carries lol. Smh. Oh well.

edit - just looked, yaaaaas H & K oh man
        Last edited by Nextrunnerup; 03-24-2019, 10:44 PM.

Comment

• Evolution81
          Evolution81 commented
          Editing a comment
          search is your friend...it is para military its not hard at all

• Srhernza115
          Srhernza115 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats dude. What announcement are you if you don’t mind me asking?

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          The H&K is in the process of being replaced by an as-of-yet unannounced 9MM. You will be issued your gun at the academy. After graduation, it becomes your anchor.

Standard academies run with weekends and federal holidays off.
          Last edited by merlin436; 03-25-2019, 06:54 AM.

• radsavage
          radsavage commented
          Editing a comment
          they give you fake guns to carry around the academy. I remember a guy forgot his on the bus that drives you around the academy and he was on a plane back home within a few days.... its pretty damn strict down there on all agencies

• Any people going to FLETC 07/01 shoot me a pm, me and some other guys on another forum are trying to get a group text together with people in our class. Shoot me your number if you’re in the class and interested

Comment

• radsavage
          radsavage commented
          Editing a comment
          did u interview in chicago on june 6?

• To All,

I am looking for some feedback. I am in 19-2 preemployeement process. I have my CASS app. at 38% complete. My E-Qip has been released to OPR, Medical is completed, Fitness is completed. I have 3 green check marks. I am waiting to have my SI scheduled. Is this the normal process this all started in December of 2018.

I am aware with the government shutdown there has been a back log with open applications. I hope the process continues fairly quickly.

Thank you

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          your process is normal speed fonzi7979 my bet is in the next few weeks you will be scheduled for SI, after SI, time line for poly is anywhere from 2 days to 1 year plus, depend on your are a vet, your area busy or not, if you are BPA or CBPO applicant, etc... so buckle up and expect to wait a very long time....

• capt55dan
          capt55dan commented
          Editing a comment
          19-4 here. Completed SI last week, green check mark. Did medical and EQIP and haven't heard back about them.

• Crake
          Crake commented
          Editing a comment
          It's all different depending on who has your application and is processing it. My SI was the first thing scheduled, even before my medical did. And I'm also at 38% except my medical hasn't been cleared yet. They informed me that there was a backlog for that, even though it wasn't for you.

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s interesting - my medical was the first thing to go green. I’m sure there’s so many variables, the more I learn I realize there’s no point in understanding the process.

• Question on process, if you pass the poly how long is the process looking after that?

Also, has anyone been hired or heard of someone being hired for Miami? Im trying to stay in miami if possible but im 18-2 which did not have miami on the listing

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          after poly, you have to wait for the real background investigation to be completed. They will fully run your background, investigator will come to your workplace, talk to your friends, family, neighbors, etc... I've seen people waited for 6-7 months easily... so once again, wait...wait... if your announcement is Regular, you can ask for MIA, if they need people at the time of the call, you will get it. If you are VRA, you will get MIA as well, If you are DH forget it... if you want MIA, reapply to a Regular or VRA. Bam2323

• O_rod86
          O_rod86 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey man! I’m 18-2. So far no FL available(when I received the call) . I also wanted to see to relocate there :/ but things can change.

• Jo.lopz
          Jo.lopz commented
          Editing a comment
          There’s 2 of us starting in Miami Seaport in May, but we’re able to get it due to our VRA rating. It wasn’t on my initial list. They had to email headquarters.

• So after almost 6 months since my Initial Medical, I get an email this morning at 0831 stating I'm on Med Review. Let the fun begin.

Comment

• David1984
          David1984 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just curious if you disclosed or had any medical condiotions in the past? I took my medical early 12/18 and it’s still pending for nurses review and I have no medical history with good vision and hearing according to the nurse and doctor where I took my medical.
          Last edited by David1984; 03-25-2019, 12:40 PM.

• SmokeScreen07
          SmokeScreen07 commented
          Editing a comment
          David1984, I listed a prior injury from when I was a child. As an old man, I've come to find out that I have arthritis from it. So they flagged the arthritis, now I have to find an Ortho doc, who can preform the tests they want done and fill out the paper work.

• David1984
          David1984 commented
          Editing a comment
          Damn that’s very unfortunate, but atleast it’s sonething you can correct and show them. I just don’t know why mine hasn’t cleared all I keep getting is the same generic respond back. Thank you for the clarification and good luck. SmokeScreen07

• SmokeScreen07
          SmokeScreen07 commented
          Editing a comment
          David1984, You're welcome, and they can be either really backed up with applicants like they claim, or they're placing an priority on certain announcements i.e. DH, BP, or their new hiring initiative. Either way they'll let you know.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5312 users online. 320 members and 4992 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X