Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am 18-3 DH applicant and currently sitting at 63%. I have passed everything up to the Poly and passed that back in August 2018. Its now been 6 months and I have not heard from a BI to start my background investigation at all. Has anyone else had a long delay after poly to getting CONTACTED by the background investigator? I feel like everyone who passes the poly meets or at least certifies their equip a month after Poly results. I am super confused why mine is taking so long for any of that.

Comment

• spilker13
      spilker13 commented
      Editing a comment
      18-4 here. Met with my BI Invesigator week after thanksgiving, all submitted 2nd week of December, and now I wait. Get same response about personnel security process. Just staying positive at this point

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Damn passed my poly Nov 18 .....met my BI in Jan 19...cleared my bi in March...got the call in Mar..wow guys that's ridiculous...must be very busy in your region s for BIs

• Scrappydoo
      Scrappydoo commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm on the same application number as you and our timeline is similar. But CBP average hiring takes upwards to 318 days. I've used a calendar that you can use online that says we are about 227 days in our process. Of course this is with me taking out weekends and holidays. I know we are all anxious to start our new careers but we got to have patience and I mean a lot of it lol.

• JDalhoff
      JDalhoff commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m well over that avg 318 days then. I’m at almost a year and a half

• What are some other federal LE jobs that you don’t need a college degree and have an easy fitness test? Lol

Comment

• MrAce
      MrAce commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t think it’s hard, just tired of waiting for this Polly, in the mean time possibly looking into applying for other jobs as well to get somthing in the pipeline. And by easy I mean like not like an FBI fitness test because even my most fit friends can’t pass that...

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      US Capitol Police fitness exam is easy - assuming you have a work ethic

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Most entry level federal LE jobs do not require a college degree and have "easy" fitness requirements.

• Achyuta
      Achyuta commented
      Editing a comment
      The entrance one is cake, but you still have to do that timed 1.5 mile @ Glynco to keep your job!

• I’ve only taken (2) CBP and NJ State Police - CBP is cake, especially the testing conditions.
    CBPO 19-4

CASS APP-50%
    EQIP - Completed
    Medical Exam - Completed
    Structured Interview - Completed
    Fitness Test - Completed

Comment

• Long time, no post. Just thought I'd provide an update on my CASS. I sent my millionth email asking for an update on my medical clearance on March 6, 2019 (timeline below will show wtf). That same day I got a reply telling me the same thing: hurry up and wait. Well, I forgot about it for about 2 weeks and checked my CASS on March 20, and boom my medical had cleared. CASS went from 38 to 50% so now I'm happy to see progress.

I am apprehensive about the poly. I'm not gearihe good things, even from current CBPOs where I work. Some have even told me if they had to take a poly now, they wouldn't pass (I guess they all joined prior to 2010 when the anticorruption act went into effect). I guess I'll just take this in stride. Hurry up and wait some more...

Stay positive, y'all.
      My Timeline
      CASS 50%

04/01/18 - Applied CBPO DH 18-7
      04/27/18 - Written Exam
      05/09/18 - NOR for WE (score: 89)
      06/01/18 - TS GS-5 & 7
      06/06/18 - Medical exam
      06/07/18 - eQIP done
      06/11/18 - Fitness test (passed)
      06/13/18 - BI sent to OPR
      07/11/18 - SI (passed)
      08/03/18 - HRM requests second vision test (OOP)
      08/07/18 - VT paperwork sent to HRM
      03/20/19 - Medical cleared (date checked cleared)
      TBD - Poly
      TBD - Drug test
      TBD - BI done
      TBD - EOD
      TBD - FLETC

Comment

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        Polygraph is alot better then it used to be..... trust me on that much shorter in most cases and the focus is narrowed to the cbp mission...the old poly was akin to a counterintelligence interogation
        Last edited by Evolution81; 03-22-2019, 10:10 AM.

• Got the email for my Poly! April 15th.... The gears are turning again.

CBPO 19-1
      CBPO (44%)
      Eqip: done
      PFT1: 11/08/2018
      Medical: 10/30/2018
      SI: 12/11/2018
      Poly: scheduled 04/15

BPA 19-1
      BPA (44%):
      SI: 03/05/2019
      Poly: scheduled 04/15

MIA (DoA due to Fed Resume writing issues.... I am getting lessons now :P )
      CBPO 19-1
      CBPO (44%)
      SI: 12/11/2018
      Poly: 4/15/2019 (QC request additional screening
      Poly 2: 5/22/2019

BPA 19-1
      BPA (44%):
      SI: 03/05/2019
      Poly: 4/15/2019 (QC request additional screening
      Poly 2: 5/22/2019

MIA (DoA due to Fed Resume writing issues.... I am getting lessons now :P )

Comment

• Maddoxthe13th
        Maddoxthe13th commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m also 19-1. How’d you get your poly so early? Are you military?

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        Maddoxthe13th, Yes I am military. These are technically applications from 15-8 when I first applied but then got pulled on a 3 year recall.

Region also plays a huge thing into it. I'm in the Tampa Bay area of Florida.

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        Military = Navy Reserves .... my main job right now is Hospital Security Guard. Paul Blart of the medical industry!!! :P

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        top flight security of the world,,craig!!!

• I've seen that a lot of you have posted timelines so I thought I would too.

applied end of September 2017
      DH CBPO-17-11

10-13-17 -- Writen exam
      10-20-17 -- NOR
      11-2-17 - -TS and EQIP requested
      11-8-17 --Med exam
      11-20-17 -- Fitness exam (pass)
      12-18-17 -- EQIP returned for corrections
      1-5-18 -- S I (pass)
      2-21-18 --med request with deadline of 3-23-18
      3-16-18 --Sent in med requested papers
      6-13-18 --med request with deadline of 7-13-18
      7-11-18 --Sent in requested med papers
      8-14-18 --Med request with deadline of 9-13-18
      9-5-18 -- sent in med requested papers
      FINALLY end of Jan 2019 --didn't get NOR just completed green on App for Medical
      2-20-19 -- Polygraph apt.
      2-28-19 -- polygraph pass email and EQIP re-verify request

3 -8- 19 --background "back in progress" after EQIP re-verified:

CASS 63%
      BI: in progress
      drug test: in progress
      Final offer: pending

Medical took longest back and forth.
      Last edited by ncavazos; 03-22-2019, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• ncavazos
        ncavazos commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah they kept asking for more.
        Last edited by ncavazos; 03-22-2019, 09:19 PM.

• SmokeScreen07
        SmokeScreen07 commented
        Editing a comment
        ncavazos Wow that's a lot of additional information requests. Did you have some king of past serious injury or medical condition?. That's the most additional medical information requests I've seen so far. Congrats on finally moving along and getting past the poly.

• ncavazos
        ncavazos commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I had a couple of surgeries that they wanted more info on and to verify med clearance on those

• SmokeScreen07
        SmokeScreen07 commented
        Editing a comment
        ncavazos Gotcha.

• They finally got back to me about the additional medical paperwork I sent in almost 8 months to the day...to send more paperwork.

Comment

• collapse
        collapse commented
        Editing a comment
        ncavazos I'm actually a girl as well, that's just how I talk to people, everyone is man or dude lol

• ncavazos
        ncavazos commented
        Editing a comment
        collapse lol my bad just assumed since most are guys....but thats awesome and good to know lol

• CBPO.BPJ
        CBPO.BPJ commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol ya'll crazy...

• Steve40
        Steve40 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm in month 7 waiting to hear back from them on the additional medical paperwork I sent in. My fear is they will do the exact same thing! Lol, ah well.

• Question, During the fitness test portion of the hiring process. You use a 5in block during the pushup test. Is that the same thing you do during the test at the academy? using the block?

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        I didnt use a block, it was normal push ups and you only have to do the minimum to pass.

• How are the other 19-1 looking? I’m at %50 I took my SI 12-15-18 I hear some of us are getting the Polly email.

Comment

• Hey y’all. 19-5 VRA applicant for both the officer and BPA positions. Does anyone know if VA records are pulled for the medical or background? I receive compensation but per the eQIP, I don’t have any potentially disqualifying conditions (section 21 I believe). That said, I have sought counseling in the past due to adjusting from a combat environment. I’m not trying to bury anything, I’m under the impression that CBP and OPM will get what they want regardless.

Anyways, I understand it’s a long process and I’m just getting started, I simply hope to better understand what to expect. Until then, I’ll be on the stair-stepper and in the gym. Thanks everyone and best of luck with the process!

Comment

• Evolution81
          Evolution81 commented
          Editing a comment
          Your records will be pulled

• I wanna post a reply on my timeline here *_* cuz im curious to see if anyone i interviewed with, or whoever is from the same announcement as me is still in the process or academy:

18-6
        3/2018 applied to 18-6
        3/2018 passed test
        4/27/18 passed fitness (did not do a medical; instead used a prior medical within the 6 month of reapplying with cbp)
        6/2018 SI and passed (interview in chicago, il)
        8/25/2018 received email for additional info regarding my medical
        9/1/2018 sent in all additional medical info
        3/20/2019 medical cleared
        poly: ?
        bc: ?
        drug test: ?
        eod: ?
        fletc: ?
        50% completion

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well we can't discuss poly graph questions because we sign a none disclosure agreement. Just get rest, eat well and preps for a long day.

• Taking my polygraph in 3 days, are there any questions that I should ask ahead of time?

Comment

• bonds525
          bonds525 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope be honest, and say anything and everything that’s on your mind no matter how silly or embarrassing

• d2ep
          d2ep commented
          Editing a comment
          If anything that bothers you and think that will hurt you with the poly just tell them. They will go over the poly process before the actual poly so if there are any questions or anything you can let the examiner know. Just go to cbp site they explain everything you need to know about poly.

Btw Good luck

• rachrose77
          rachrose77 commented
          Editing a comment
          Like it was said before we can’t offer much in the way of details because we all signed a non disclosure statement. But definitely DONT be dishonest at alllll. Just answer the questions briefly and honestly If you aren’t sure about something, ask for clarification they are there to help you. Not fail you. At the end of the day if you’re honest and you fail at least you can look at yourself in the mirror the next day. If you lie, you may pass but you’ll always be looking over your shoulder

• radsavage
          radsavage commented
          Editing a comment
          how was the polygraph experience? @ me and let me know bud

• Does anyone know how the pay works? I know you either start off as GS5/7/9, but what if you make more than a 9 and have a masters? Do they try to match your salary or do you have to take a paycut.

Comment

• CBPO.BPJ
          CBPO.BPJ commented
          Editing a comment
          Exbpa340 I applied as direct hire and picked Arizona as my preferred location

• Sheridan1
          Sheridan1 commented
          Editing a comment
          There's a lot of OT in AZ so you'd probably make more especially with the 33% incentive

• Exbpa340
          Exbpa340 commented
          Editing a comment
          Many parts of AZ receive RUS (rest of US locality). Tucson/Nogales receives a small bump over RUS and The greater PHX area receives just under a 4 percent bump over RUS.

If you applied as a CBPO (as this is the CBPO thread) you would be entitled to the appropriate GS 7 pay depending on locality. $41,365 (under RUS) to $42,699 (Phoenix locality)

You might be able to earn several thousand in overtime but this would depend greatly on duty location/availability of OT. CBPOs have a very good OT system (COPRA) but are not guaranteed anything above base pay.

If you also applied as a BPA (and decided to take a BPA position in AZ) you would receive a higher base rate (BPAs fall under the LEO general schedule) and with BPAPRA are essentially guaranteed an additional 25 percent over their base rate (they work an additional 2 hours daily). $46,879 (RUS) to $48,391 (Phoenix locality). They would then get an additional 25 percent (after training). $58,598 (RUS + BPAPRA) to $60,488 (Phoenix + BPAPRA).

• Exbpa340
          Exbpa340 commented
          Editing a comment
          The incentive pay would definitely help CBPO.BPJ but there usually is a reason when Uncle Sam is throwing money at applicants to accept these locations. Just something to think about.

• Yes, I am currently alittle over 80 right now so I was wondering how they would negotiate salary or if I even could do that with a masters degree and one year of govt service. hmmm i see, would they at least give you a higher step like instead of step 1 theyll give you like step 6.

Comment

• Evolution81
          Evolution81 commented
          Editing a comment
          it will be a pay cut ive been in the feds for 13 years.... 3 agencies.... they will match the closest to the grade you qualified for via steps if you are a FED EMPLOYEE!!!...locality pay is diffrent you have to look up whatever duty stations locality pay you applied for if its not up there then you are RUS(Rest of US)
          Last edited by Evolution81; 03-24-2019, 04:14 PM.

• Exbpa340
          Exbpa340 commented
          Editing a comment
          1 - It is highly unlikely that anyone is going to be hitting the cap out the gate so the GS 5 hitting 74K figure is way off base.
          2 - If you are not a Federal employee you will most likely not have your pay matched.
          3 - There is locality pay (not cost of living) and that is easily found on the OPM website general schedules.
          4 - For CBPOs (and BPAs) there is non competitive promotion to GS 12. This means that every year the officer/agent will be promoted to the next GS grade (5 to 7, 7 to 9, 9 to 11 and 11 to 12). Once you top out you move along the longevity steps (1-4 at 52 week intervals, 5-7 at 104 week intervals and 8 to 10 at 156 week intervals) as outlined at the OPM website.
          5 - Below I will post the General schedule for 2019. Be advised that this does not include the approx 1.9 percent raise that was included in the funding bill that Trump signed. This retroactive raise will be included at some point in the future. The below pay schedules are for CBPOs. BPAs and other agents/officers that the federal government considers LEOs are compensated with a different pay schedule (gives a small bump for grades 3 to 10).

https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...eral-schedule/

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes it is almost impossible to bit the 45,000 cap. I added the pay that overtime included and said it was rear. Posted up what was on the job posting. It's all misleading data.

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          That GS-12/01 figure of 95K probably isn't that far off...assuming a person works a non-day shift in a port with average overtime availability. It's also paying at 2022 money...which should allow for 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 annual pay increases.

For those working day shifts... it'll get much more difficult hitting 95K as a GS-12/01...especially in RUS and other minimally enhanced locality pay areas at average overtime earnings.

• Steps normally do not kick in until one hits journeyman level.

That fairy-tale approximate salary chart the agency tosses out includes a healthy locality pay, as well as some significant overtime and differential earnings.

The 45K cap isn't exactly all that well supported in most ports under most circumstances. Especially for new hires and those not yet journeyman. Good luck to those looking boost GS-05 salaries by capping out. You will likely need it.

Comment

• corsair
          corsair commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the insight Merlin - tons of variables

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6479 users online. 336 members and 6143 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X