Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I finally was able to talk to a recruiter and he looked up my info and told me the last time my BI was reviewed was Nov.15. I also spoke to him about moving out of state and he said it shouldn’t have any negative impact.

Comment

• MattCBP
      MattCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      What information did you have to give a recruiter in order for him to give you a status update ?
      I want to contact a recruiter as well

• Nousername1
      Nousername1 commented
      Editing a comment
      18-6 also same spot

• Srhernza115
      Srhernza115 commented
      Editing a comment
      MattCBP I looked up my applicant ID on one of my emails and he was able to pull up all my info. Just have that ready when calling.

• MattCBP
      MattCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Srhernza115
      Thanks !

• CBP 18-12
    174 days since I applied
    50% in CASS since February 1st.
    BI-In progress
    Drug Test-In Progress
    Poly-Pending.

Reached out on March 6th for an update and this is what I was told:

we are pleased to report that your investigation has progressed to the Personnel Security process

Anyone know if the Personnel Security process is the tail-end of the investigation?

Comment

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      There's a thing called search .. Use it

• txm44
      txm44 commented
      Editing a comment
      It means nothing.... just another generic response from case manager. I was told that same thing in September. I’m still waiting for a poly date. Best piece of advice just keep going on applying to other places and forget about it till someone emails you.

• klocklear86
      klocklear86 commented
      Editing a comment
      It is definitely generic because I asked over a month ago and got the same thing. Still waiting also. My background was turned in back before the shut down...

• BFASO
      BFASO commented
      Editing a comment
      txm44 and klocklear86 thank you for your response.

• Hi all. Need some help please. I just received email from medical review unit asking for additional information. My initial document mentioned a medication (escitalopram) that I have been taking on and off which is used for anxiety. They also want me to get a mental. I am honestly worried that this is a disqualifier.
    has anyone had to go thru additional screening for this type of diagnosis?
    your comments are much appreciated.

Comment

• rachrose77
      rachrose77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Deleted dp
      Last edited by rachrose77; 03-25-2019, 10:51 AM.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I get paid disability from the VA for anxiety, I had to go to a psychologist take a test and talk about my whole life for like 3 hours. They wrote a report and filled out the DHS paperwork for me. They accepted my paperwork.

If you have insurance call you insurance and see what psychologist they cover to keep you're cost low

• radsavage
      radsavage commented
      Editing a comment
      I did and I just got cleared this morning as of 3/20. Ive waited 7 months for results that they used from july 2017

• Mkebdani
      Mkebdani commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you all for your feedback. douglas : I called my insurance to get a list of providers. They have not called me back yet. I also called so many psychologists/psychiatrists but wont take me unless I commit to at least six sessions or as someone else said to me "unless you are in crisis".

• Anyone Else from Class 478?
    DH 18-7
    5/04/18: Exam
    5/9/18: NOR
    6/11/18: Medical
    6/12/18: Fitness
    6/20/18: SI
    9/20/18: Polygraph
    9/24/18: BI cleared
    10/02/18: Drug Test
    10/02/18: TSU EMAIL
    10/03/18: Offer GS7 SWB
    EOD: Feb 22nd, 2019
    03/09/19-07/15/19 (I Turned it down)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    10/01/18:19-1 (Queens, NY)
    10/12/18: Exam
    10/23/18: NOR
    10/29/18: TSL
    11/21/18: Phone Call (JFK) EOD 04/04/19
    FLETC 4/19 - 08/23

Comment

• For those that did their poly in Texas, mainly middle to northern TX, how was you experience?

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        First test was rough. 2nd test was a pleasant experience. Examiner was very nice.

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        1st try, had no problem at all

• radsavage
        radsavage commented
        Editing a comment
        douglasgene1 Hal29 how brutal were the questions?

• Ok so I have some tests coming up and one interview with some police departments. I really want to work for cbp but I can't wait for ever. Kind of gotta do what is best for my family and I. I'm not getting any younger. Some of the department's pay around the same as I would get as a gs7. The one I have the interview with pays far less then I would get with cbp and would take me two years to get to a gs7 pay scale which completely sucks. But I get a take home vehicle and is closer to where I live. Not my first or even my second choice. But like I said. I can't wait forever and it doesn't seem like I'll hear soon. I'm gonna ride out the ship, but if I'm offered then I'll go down that road. Like I said if I was younger I would wait, but to each their own I guess.

Comment

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        You live your life as if you never applied...you do not have the job with CBP until you really get your EOD/Academy date

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        I hear ya evolution. That is what I'm going to do. Just ignore. My goal is to be in law enforcement. Where I don't really care...lol. cbp is a dream but I'll keep my options open.

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        HAL29 Fort worth is hiring too test dates next month

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        No I'm all set with fort worth. Last time applied there, there was roughly around 1,400 applicants. I scored a 93 and was still around 200 in the pecking order. I have applications here in Texas and a couple in Oklahoma and one in arkansas .One in Oklahoma I have an interview.

But I'm just gonna go with the flow. While I'm focused on these department's cbp may contact me. But I'm going on with life as if i never applied. I'm at the very end and I'm not going to stress about it. Gotta be proactive. It would be one thing if my current job was good but it's not.

• Although I'm new to this process I'd recommend all those applying to reference the CBP website - its been spot on with everything so far. For those worried about the step test I highly recommend practicing, I found a youtube video "CPP PFT 1 5 Minute Step Test. With Vocal Prompts" to be extremely beneficial and its the same audio from the test. I practiced on the stairs at home and ended up finding a wood rogue block at the gym with different heights and practiced with that as well.

https://www.cbp.gov/careers/frontlin.../cbpo/app-proc

My app just updated this morning - from what I've read I'm moving along quickly but now things slow down A LOT waiting for the polygraph.

CBP 19-4

CASS - 38%
      Fitness - Pass
      Medical - Pass
      SI - Pass
      CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
      EQIP - Completed
      Medical Exam - Completed
      Structured Interview - Completed
      Fitness Test - Completed

Comment

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        Captain obvious or oblivious :-D:-D:-D:-D:-D...there's only like10 years/ 3800 pages of info in just this thread alone

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol....there is a lot of info for sure.

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm used to babying the general public - lets be honest most people don't research and expect the info to be handed over.

• xknuckles
        xknuckles commented
        Editing a comment
        damn im 19-3 and still waiting for my medical to clear

• Hello!

Just wanted to share my progress so far:

CBPO 19-2, GS 7 - SEA/WA

Exam - 12/4/2018
      NOR - 12/14/2018
      Tentative Selection Letter - 12/14/2018
      E-QIP Submitted - 12/21/2018
      Structured Interview & Fingerprints - 01/10/2019
      NOR for SI - 01/15/2019
      Medical Evaluation - 12/31/2018
      Fitness Test - 02/28/2019
      Fitness Cleared - 03/6/2019
      E-QIP Released to OPR - 3/13/2019

Good luck to everyone!

Comment

• Hopejoy
        Hopejoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Deleted...
        Last edited by Hopejoy; 04-02-2019, 10:06 PM.

• Crake
        Crake commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice Hopejoy. You took the polygraph already then?

• Hopejoy
        Hopejoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Deleted...
        Last edited by Hopejoy; 04-02-2019, 10:04 PM.

• Hopejoy
        Hopejoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Deleted...
        Last edited by Hopejoy; 04-02-2019, 10:05 PM.

• Has anyone been told after inquiring that OPR has a hold on their application? What does this mean?

Comment

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        I would be worried...you might have a nopa coming your way
        Last edited by Evolution81; 03-19-2019, 12:40 PM.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Very true. Just wait and see what They say.

• Sheridan1
        Sheridan1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Who told you OPR has a hold on your app? Is this from your BI?

• co5518
        co5518 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sheridan1 yes my BI told me that after asking for a status update

• Has anyone been waiting as long as I have ....CBPO 17-11. I want to see the light at the end of the tunnel already ...its been a looong process for me.

Comment

• ncavazos
        ncavazos commented
        Editing a comment
        I took my polygraph on Feb 20 and got my passing email on the 28th.

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        NCavazos, hold on! You should be next. Technically, I applied in the 15-8 timeframes... but then did a 3 year recall that put everything on hold, so can't hold that against CBP :P

Hopefully the end of your tunnel comes soon!

• ncavazos
        ncavazos commented
        Editing a comment
        Me next ?!? Uff wouldn't that be amazing lol I'm sure i still have several months to go. I already learned not to hold my breath waiting to hear anything soon. Problem is ..I ain't gettin any younger lol so its either they take me or I'm put out to pasture lol

• JDalhoff
        JDalhoff commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m 17-11 and still waiting on BI and drug test! We’ll get there someday with a final answer!!

• Sorry trying to figure out how to delete a repeated post/reply. ..new to site and learning my way around here
      Last edited by ncavazos; 03-19-2019, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• 7878bg
        7878bg commented
        Editing a comment
        im new here to trying learn my way lol

• ncavazos
        ncavazos commented
        Editing a comment
        Its a cool forum site...Im liking all the feedback and info. Nice to know I'm not the only one playing the waiting game.

• 18-3 VRA was finally scheduled for polygraph exam in Jacksonville, FL! Its been a long 14 months! Hopefully I do well on the exam excited to continue on in the process.

Comment

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats - let us know how it goes, were rooting for you!!

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats, 7878bg!! Crazy that just getting movement on a job app feels like something :P

Let us know how the Poly goes! Best of luck.

• So I was at the Tire Store yesturday morning waiting to get my tires done when a phone call came in, I didn’t recognize it so I Immediately delicned it... then I’m like, that number looks familiar “maybe it was CBP for my Polly”. Then the voice mail comes in... 19 seconds long.... getting excited cause spam calls leave 0 second ones... put the phone to my ear “Hello this message is for (My Name) from (My Bank)... we have detected fraudulent purchases and are deactivation your debit card”.... great... Still waiting

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hopejoy, then we are in the same boat. I did my poly in may. Met my investigator in September.

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        **** my poly was 4 hours of mind numbing wall watching.....blood pressure cuff cutting my blood circulation off....not being able to move while the testing is active is something else

• Talonderiel
        Talonderiel commented
        Editing a comment
        MrAce, I know that feeling! I'm waiting on the Poly for 3 months now (I know, I'm still a youngin' in the wait process :P) but I normally screen calls I don't know. So this process is making every scammer call a fun process! lol

• mobyfish
        mobyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 I EOD April 4th. FLETC Apri 19-Aug 23rd.

• Good Afternoon Brothers and Sisters, I applied under the CBPO announcement VRA 19-3 in December 2018 and got my tenative selcetion email 1 February 2019. There are many forums for my announcment for direct hire but i havent seen anyone else make a posintg for VRA. So far Ive submitted my Backgroud Invetigation, completed the Physical, submitted the EQUIP, and 27 FEB 19 my Polygraph Waiver was APPROVED from the high clearance I currently hold. Its been a few weeks and I havent heard anything, im assuming my structured interview should be next. Also the APP has been on zero percent since I got my applicant ID. Is there anyone else here that applied under VRA 19-3 that is done or almost done the process ? And also should I send the CBP Hiring center an email in regards to my process ? Thank you everyone and look forward to the replies

Comment

• capt55dan
        capt55dan commented
        Editing a comment
        I applied under VRA. I have submitted equip, medical and SI. Waiting on results. 19-4

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Talonderiel - DHS will never accept secret clearance for waiver. To get a secret they run a credit check and a quick background check...if that clears they give you the secret the same day. a secret clearance is really a joke. (ive held one as well)

• mobyfish
        mobyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        Talonderiel They mustve changed it then, because if that was the case I woud've applied for the waiver since June when I submitted the equip.. I have a TS/SCI + active duty time , but when I asked for the waiver the guy told me it might take a little while but there were poly dates available and asked me what I wanted to do.. so I chose the poly because it seemed like the faster option.

I doubt they'll lower it to secret, they give those away to almost anyone...

• mobyfish
        mobyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        MattCBP Good luck bro!!

• Looking at my archived EQIP copy I made some minor mistakes such as a phone number and accidentally listing one of my main references another time in the EQIP.

My EQIP hasn't been sent to OPR yet, is it okay to e-mail the case manager and ask to edit/correct it?
      CBPO 19-2
      @ 50%

NOR: 12/2018
      Tentative Selection for GS-5: 12/2018
      Turned in EQIP: 02/2019
      SI: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
      Medical: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
      PFT-1: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
      Resubmit EQIP: 03/2019
      EQIP Sent To OPR: 03/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)

Comment

• ncavazos
        ncavazos commented
        Editing a comment
        That would be best thing to do. When I had to reverify I had done something similar and didnt notice untill i I released it.. They called me back and I was asked if I needed it released back to me so that I could add any information that I missed. Once you meet with your BI i believe you also can give him/her any recent changes in phone#s and things like that. This is a long process and addresses and #s can change by time you get near the end so its only fair that we get a chance to make corrects...i think anyway. ...best of luck to you.

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        I had the same problem - I emailed them but I'm awaiting a response. If you end up trying to call they advise on sending the questions by email during the prompts.

• SPX
        SPX commented
        Editing a comment
        ncavazos corsair Thanks, they sent me an e-mail today to correct and fix my EQIP.

• ncavazos
        ncavazos commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome! glad to hear that. Wishing you a smooth ride from here on out. Good luck

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8783 users online. 400 members and 8383 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X