Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any one here with 6/11 FLETC dates or anywhere near to that date?

Comment

• ajs0922
      ajs0922 commented
      Editing a comment
      EOD May 24th Seaport Miami, FLETC 6/11 see you y'all there.

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      Great! I will see you guys at the FLETC!!

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      6/13 see ya hoes there..lol...he wants to go running around the track with me..LOL

• Jo.lopz
      Jo.lopz commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ll be there 6/11 too! Miami seaport

• Hey guys, I just checked my progress in the app and it shows that my eqip in now in progress?!? Has anyone gone through the same thing once you are in the background stage??? what is the reason behind this?

Comment

• CBPO.BPJ
      CBPO.BPJ commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you JDalhoff

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. It is usually a good sign. I remember mine going back and forth from completed to pending. But just myself I reached out in a panic and advice. I learned each time they pull your file, they are reviewing. Once they see everything is complete and they don't need updated info or clarity. Then they will usually assign you bi investigator. They may contact you at beginning or end of investigation. So I would keep an eye out for a call from your bi.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      JDalhoff I'm 17-11 we are right there.

• JDalhoff
      JDalhoff commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 So you’re waiting on BI like myself? What area did ya apply for?

• So what’s the avg length in time it takes for the BI to be completed? I’ve read a month to 7 months on here. I’m just trying to see what I’m looking at. Only have that to pass and drug test to take. Announcement 17-10 btw

Comment

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      as you can tell on this form....noone knows....noone has the same steps...its just one big cluster F$%& hahah

• ncavazos
      ncavazos commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you get an answer on the time frame? I am in the same boat as you. Passed everything just needing BI and drug test to take. Announcement 17-11

• kli0211
      kli0211 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have to say it makes me feel a little better that I’m not alone in this step. I’m also just waiting for BI to clear, the investigator submitted everything back in early August.

• ncavazos
      ncavazos commented
      Editing a comment
      my medical took the longest to clear but once that cleared the poly came pretty quick. sitting at 63% right now

• Whats up everyone, figured I'd signup and join in on the fun.

CBPO 19-4

Applied: 1/26/19

Entrance Test: 1/30/19

Entrance Test NOR: PASS 1/31/19

Tentative Selection: 2/12/19 GS-7

EQIP Received: 2/14/19

EQIP Submitted: 2/15/19 *In Progress

Medical Exam: 2/15/19

Medical NOR: PASS 2/21/19

SI Email: 2/13/19

SI: 3/11/19

SI NOR: PASS 3/12/19

Fitness Test Email: 2/28/19

Fitness Test: 3/13/19

Fitness NOR: Awaiting Results - verbal pass

CASS APP-25%

Medical Exam - Completed

Structured Interview - Completed

Fitness Test - TBD
    CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
    EQIP - Completed
    Medical Exam - Completed
    Fitness Test - Completed
    Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• MattCBP
      MattCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey boss howit going, are you prior law enforcement ? It seems like you are FLYING through this process!! Im active army right and I applied for the VRA 19-3 Announcement. My tenative selection letter was 1 Feb just a week or so before yours. My App is still zero percent ! Ive submitted my, equip, BI,ploygraph waiver, and completed my physical. Is there anthing specificyou did to go through this process so fast !?

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Matt - nothing special here no prior military or leo experience. The only thing I can think of - I work from home a lot so I'm extremely flexible with scheduling. I'm probably going to move into 37.5% complete for the CASS in the next week or so with my fitness test results moving to pass this afternoon.
      Last edited by corsair; 03-18-2019, 10:13 PM.

• I finally had my polygraph which wasn't a success. I'm disappointed because this agency relies on this exam rather than evaluating a total background package. They say I can re apply in two years but I'm done because CBP may have been better but my work now in BOP is still considered FEDS. I ask the examiner how many criminal did your polygraph disqualify and he couldn't give me an answer but I said I do know people who failed the polygraph went on the have good federal law enforcement carreers like ICE and the BOP among others. He then said that are many criminals that just haven't been caught and I got upset and left because in my agency the BOP or in my prior military service, I supervise many criminals with million or some billion of dollars in their bank account and I never switch sides or lost my values. i wish all who is in this process the best but this test needs to be evaluated or they will continue to loose good possible agents.

Comment

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      In fy 2017 there were 80k+ apps...the poly is here to stay...it is a tool sometimes it works sometimes it does not...one thing it does do is weed out undesirable applicants who admit to some crazy things they wouldn't otherwise admit to

• I see a lot of people failing the poly recently. Makes me wonder if they changed anything. I'm glad I'm over that hump.

Comment

• collapse
      collapse commented
      Editing a comment
      Seriously. When I failed in 2016 I was adamant on not going in forums or even googling anything about a poly and I failed. I was second guessing myself on the littlest of things.

This time around I said F it and started perusing the interwebs. It was comforting and informative reading other peoples similar experiences concerning the poly.

When I took it the 2nd time I really went in like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      For me it was a last minute thing. Examiner called me a day before asking me if I am willing to take the poly 8 am the next morning because someone had cancelled on him. I went in he asked me whatever he had to ask. I told me few extra things that was bothering me. We went over the Poly. It went well. He did get frustrated at one point. After all was set and done he asked me if I was willing to take another poly if needed and if I will choose him. I was like yeah. I asked him did I fail or pass? He told me for me you have passed but on one portion I messed up a little bit. QC might want you to come and take that part again. But in a week my Poly went Green.

The examiner was super nice and strict at the same time. He has snacks and drink for me as well.
      Last edited by d2ep; 03-18-2019, 09:19 PM.

• eikichi10
      eikichi10 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm the one who took the poly 5 times within 6 months for CBP. At the end of every polygraph, the examiner did not straight up told me that I failed but they were saying I was hiding something and I tried to manipulate the exam. Every single one, I was asked if I'm willing to come back for a retest if offered. Everytime I got that question, I thought to myself maybe its time to find another career lol.
      And yes, every single poly they treated it as if it was your first time taking it, going through everything.

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Eikichi10, that's crazy! 5 times within 6 months?! Hopefully after all that, you got the pass! I wonder how they were able to schedule you for 5 in 6 months when there are some of us on here waiting 4 - 8 months for just 1 test? lol

My buddy, who made it through the HR review for MIA (I have been DQ'ed twice now), has to re-do a section of his poly. It seems they run the AMO poly's quick, since none of the other steps occur for them till after the poly. It's interesting seeing the different processes for each (BPO, OFO, AMO).

• Finally received my paperwork for EOD, I EOD 4/4/2019 academy 4/19/2019- 8/23/2019

Comment

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats!!!!

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats!!!!!

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Duty station?..EOD in a month...gotta hustle...welcome to the team rookie

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, DFW (Texas)

• So I finally was able to talk to a recruiter and he looked up my info and told me the last time my BI was reviewed was Nov.15. I also spoke to him about moving out of state and he said it shouldn’t have any negative impact.

Comment

• MattCBP
      MattCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      What information did you have to give a recruiter in order for him to give you a status update ?
      I want to contact a recruiter as well

• Nousername1
      Nousername1 commented
      Editing a comment
      18-6 also same spot

• Srhernza115
      Srhernza115 commented
      Editing a comment
      MattCBP I looked up my applicant ID on one of my emails and he was able to pull up all my info. Just have that ready when calling.

• MattCBP
      MattCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Srhernza115
      Thanks !

• CBP 18-12
    174 days since I applied
    50% in CASS since February 1st.
    BI-In progress
    Drug Test-In Progress
    Poly-Pending.

Reached out on March 6th for an update and this is what I was told:

we are pleased to report that your investigation has progressed to the Personnel Security process

Anyone know if the Personnel Security process is the tail-end of the investigation?

Comment

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      There's a thing called search .. Use it

• txm44
      txm44 commented
      Editing a comment
      It means nothing.... just another generic response from case manager. I was told that same thing in September. I’m still waiting for a poly date. Best piece of advice just keep going on applying to other places and forget about it till someone emails you.

• klocklear86
      klocklear86 commented
      Editing a comment
      It is definitely generic because I asked over a month ago and got the same thing. Still waiting also. My background was turned in back before the shut down...

• BFASO
      BFASO commented
      Editing a comment
      txm44 and klocklear86 thank you for your response.

• Hi all. Need some help please. I just received email from medical review unit asking for additional information. My initial document mentioned a medication (escitalopram) that I have been taking on and off which is used for anxiety. They also want me to get a mental. I am honestly worried that this is a disqualifier.
    has anyone had to go thru additional screening for this type of diagnosis?
    your comments are much appreciated.

Comment

• rachrose77
      rachrose77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Deleted dp
      Last edited by rachrose77; 03-25-2019, 11:51 AM.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I get paid disability from the VA for anxiety, I had to go to a psychologist take a test and talk about my whole life for like 3 hours. They wrote a report and filled out the DHS paperwork for me. They accepted my paperwork.

If you have insurance call you insurance and see what psychologist they cover to keep you're cost low

• radsavage
      radsavage commented
      Editing a comment
      I did and I just got cleared this morning as of 3/20. Ive waited 7 months for results that they used from july 2017

• Mkebdani
      Mkebdani commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you all for your feedback. douglas : I called my insurance to get a list of providers. They have not called me back yet. I also called so many psychologists/psychiatrists but wont take me unless I commit to at least six sessions or as someone else said to me "unless you are in crisis".

• Anyone Else from Class 478?
    DH 18-7
    5/04/18: Exam
    5/9/18: NOR
    6/11/18: Medical
    6/12/18: Fitness
    6/20/18: SI
    9/20/18: Polygraph
    9/24/18: BI cleared
    10/02/18: Drug Test
    10/02/18: TSU EMAIL
    10/03/18: Offer GS7 SWB
    EOD: Feb 22nd, 2019
    03/09/19-07/15/19 (I Turned it down)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    10/01/18:19-1 (Queens, NY)
    10/12/18: Exam
    10/23/18: NOR
    10/29/18: TSL
    11/21/18: Phone Call (JFK) EOD 04/04/19
    FLETC 4/19 - 08/23

Comment

• For those that did their poly in Texas, mainly middle to northern TX, how was you experience?

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        First test was rough. 2nd test was a pleasant experience. Examiner was very nice.

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        1st try, had no problem at all

• radsavage
        radsavage commented
        Editing a comment
        douglasgene1 Hal29 how brutal were the questions?

• Ok so I have some tests coming up and one interview with some police departments. I really want to work for cbp but I can't wait for ever. Kind of gotta do what is best for my family and I. I'm not getting any younger. Some of the department's pay around the same as I would get as a gs7. The one I have the interview with pays far less then I would get with cbp and would take me two years to get to a gs7 pay scale which completely sucks. But I get a take home vehicle and is closer to where I live. Not my first or even my second choice. But like I said. I can't wait forever and it doesn't seem like I'll hear soon. I'm gonna ride out the ship, but if I'm offered then I'll go down that road. Like I said if I was younger I would wait, but to each their own I guess.

Comment

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        You live your life as if you never applied...you do not have the job with CBP until you really get your EOD/Academy date

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        I hear ya evolution. That is what I'm going to do. Just ignore. My goal is to be in law enforcement. Where I don't really care...lol. cbp is a dream but I'll keep my options open.

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        HAL29 Fort worth is hiring too test dates next month

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        No I'm all set with fort worth. Last time applied there, there was roughly around 1,400 applicants. I scored a 93 and was still around 200 in the pecking order. I have applications here in Texas and a couple in Oklahoma and one in arkansas .One in Oklahoma I have an interview.

But I'm just gonna go with the flow. While I'm focused on these department's cbp may contact me. But I'm going on with life as if i never applied. I'm at the very end and I'm not going to stress about it. Gotta be proactive. It would be one thing if my current job was good but it's not.

• Although I'm new to this process I'd recommend all those applying to reference the CBP website - its been spot on with everything so far. For those worried about the step test I highly recommend practicing, I found a youtube video "CPP PFT 1 5 Minute Step Test. With Vocal Prompts" to be extremely beneficial and its the same audio from the test. I practiced on the stairs at home and ended up finding a wood rogue block at the gym with different heights and practiced with that as well.

https://www.cbp.gov/careers/frontlin.../cbpo/app-proc

My app just updated this morning - from what I've read I'm moving along quickly but now things slow down A LOT waiting for the polygraph.

CBP 19-4

CASS - 38%
      Fitness - Pass
      Medical - Pass
      SI - Pass
      CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
      EQIP - Completed
      Medical Exam - Completed
      Fitness Test - Completed
      Polygraph - TBD

Comment

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        Captain obvious or oblivious :-D:-D:-D:-D:-D...there's only like10 years/ 3800 pages of info in just this thread alone

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol....there is a lot of info for sure.

• corsair
        corsair commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm used to babying the general public - lets be honest most people don't research and expect the info to be handed over.

• xknuckles
        xknuckles commented
        Editing a comment
        damn im 19-3 and still waiting for my medical to clear

• Hello!

Just wanted to share my progress so far:

CBPO 19-2, GS 7 - SEA/WA

Exam - 12/4/2018
      NOR - 12/14/2018
      Tentative Selection Letter - 12/14/2018
      E-QIP Submitted - 12/21/2018
      Structured Interview & Fingerprints - 01/10/2019
      NOR for SI - 01/15/2019
      Medical Evaluation - 12/31/2018
      Fitness Test - 02/28/2019
      Fitness Cleared - 03/6/2019
      E-QIP Released to OPR - 3/13/2019

Good luck to everyone!

Comment

• Hopejoy
        Hopejoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Deleted...
        Last edited by Hopejoy; 04-02-2019, 11:06 PM.

• Crake
        Crake commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice Hopejoy. You took the polygraph already then?

• Hopejoy
        Hopejoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Deleted...
        Last edited by Hopejoy; 04-02-2019, 11:04 PM.

• Hopejoy
        Hopejoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Deleted...
        Last edited by Hopejoy; 04-02-2019, 11:05 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4872 users online. 255 members and 4617 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X