Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well it finally happened for me today I got the call yesterday I was advised of what was open and asked since I applied for VRA if there was a preference where I wanted to go I asked about Miami since I live here. They told me that they will have to ask and call me back. This morning at 11:22am I got the call back and was offered Miami seaport. They gave me the option to start April 4 or may24th I selected May 24th but thinking of calling them back to start April.

Comment

• ajs0922
      ajs0922 commented
      Editing a comment
      d2ep yeah I think that I am going to stay with may 24th gives me more time to get things ready for the academy. DM me.
      raudy06 I applied last April VRA 18-6 CBPO 18-7 reapplied to 18-12. VRA was my lottery ticket that is the only reason I was able to get Miami Seaport.

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      ajs0922 DM sent

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      I mean you have waited this long.... What's another couple weeks, right?! Congrats! Best of luck with your new career.

• ajs0922
      ajs0922 commented
      Editing a comment
      @Taloderiel Thanks and yeah your right I will take it gives me more time to prepare for Glynco. Cant wait wonder what its like at the port of Miami.

• Hello all, I applied to one of the recent announcements and its been moving along quickly. I passed the medical physical and I have the pft1 coming up. Push ups/sit ups Im good. The step test I started practicing and I am following along to the video online of the test and keeping pace with it. Still a bit nervous any tips ? I have a stepper thats 13 inch tall.. I figure practicing with it a smidge taller will better prepare me. Once you finished the needed amount of sit ups and push ups do they stop you or you finish the minute? Im on Long Island hoping for JFK.

Comment

• Benjamin.C
      Benjamin.C commented
      Editing a comment
      G8627 I'm in NYC as well and hoping for JFK.

I did the exact same thing with my training, I used a 13" step at the gym. My last training day I was only able to complete 4:00 straight, but on test day, the 12" step was no problem. That extra height really makes it more challenging. At Home, I also trained on a 9" step. Do other cardio machines as well to improve your lung function. You should be fine.
      Last edited by Benjamin.C; 03-15-2019, 02:37 PM. Reason: Spelling error corrected.

• Anthony_525
      Anthony_525 commented
      Editing a comment
      I just took it today, but for BPA. Time yourself when you practice sit ups/ push ups. My step test was 14” for 5 mins. My advice is to just practice

• mobyfish
      mobyfish commented
      Editing a comment
      d2ep it wasn’t on 18-7 when I first applied.

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      mobyfish it was gone for few announcements. Now what they are doing is there are putting all the available locations on every announcement. Before they would put in a location an announcement then would take it out and put a new location. But recently from what I have seen they are keep adding new locations to new announcements if they need to they would not take it out until the location is filled.

* This is just my assumption*

• eikichi10 they told me the same thing. Peniding adjudication. Once final suitability is made thet will contact me.

damn I just seen that...lol. damn auto correct wtf. No penis check.
    Last edited by Hal29; 03-16-2019, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      so they have to look at your junk now? man im sure glad i didnt have to go through that lol

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I emailed my recruiter and they sent inquiry for me.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      And No penis check. That was auto correct. Which wasn't so correct.

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29, I'm glad you finally caught what I was hinting at! lol

• Well y'all... good possibility I'm out of the running. Polygraph did not go well today. I can honestly say that I disclosed anything on my mind at the time of the test, and I was still told I was hiding something. If I get the opportunity to retest, then I will, but I'm also on to plan B. Good luck to those still in the process.

Comment

• Luckyjack90
      Luckyjack90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hope you do get another chance man.

• Dcherise18088
      Dcherise18088 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. She told me that if I'm offered another chance that I should take it. I wanted to be like uhm duh. I've not spent 15 months in this process to say F*$% it...

• JDalhoff
      JDalhoff commented
      Editing a comment
      What announcement are you? Also I took mine in Indy this past December. I had a nice lady. Passed first time

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      May the poly Gods be god to you! I'm hoping you get a recall soon.

• Quick question guys, I've just been called to go in for retesting or if you wanna call it a second polygraph. Do you guys know if this is a good thing. I've been reading most posts and from what I see when they call you back for a retest most people pass the second time around

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Usually if you go in a 2nd time the first one was inconclusive to some of the questions. You go in to retest on those for clarity and consistency. It is easier to pass second one but not guaranteed.

• ajs0922
      ajs0922 commented
      Editing a comment
      When I took my poly back in December there was a section that I messed up on my leg was moving a bit and the special agent who did my poly told me that I passed based on his opinion but I may be asked to retest due to that section. Sure enough once the shutdown was over they called me and in February 14th I was retested and only that one section and it was all good the following week I had a green check mark and was waiting for my drug test.

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      You didn't outright fail so...you should take that as a good omen

• fort1978
      fort1978 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for all the insight I really appreciate it. Hopefully this will be the last step I need to take. I had given up a little bit, but this is confirmation that it isnt over just yet.

• So even though I’m still waiting to clear medical, I wanted to have a conversation about the polygraph. From what I’ve seen so far, a big concern with it are the false positives that are being recorded during polygraph examinations.
    Do y’all think this is becoming a common issue, is an issue based on where you are taking the poly, or could it be actual individual issues?

Comment

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      There is no science to it....it's basically a tool to help find things someone might not be comfortable telling thier prospective employer...basically it's there to weed out idiots...just like the justice system....The outcome weighs heavily on an individual s opinion.... so it is not always fair
      Last edited by Evolution81; 03-16-2019, 06:04 PM.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      The Poly is going nowhere. Learn to live with it.

• Luckyjack90
      Luckyjack90 commented
      Editing a comment
      merlin436 no doubt about that at all. Just wanted others input on the whole process.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      When it comes to the Poly, my opinion doesn't matter. Your opinion doesn't matter. The opinion of 99.9% of the agency doesn't matter. What does matter is the opinion of that handful of people who run the Poly program and those folk like the poly. They see the odd success in getting someone to admit to some sort of disqualifying conduct during the process. They don't see anything else.
      Complicating it all are the facts that the Poly, and it's cheerleaders, are not driven by or addressed by just OFO. It's an OFO and BP Poly... Also, being that it's mandated by federal law, Congress would have to step up to make the Poly go away. Good luck with that.

• There is no real time frame on when you will be contacted. None of this has a time frame.

Comment

• CBPO.BPJ
      CBPO.BPJ commented
      Editing a comment
      yea.... thats why I used quotation marks on "average" .... you got to love the wait game..... lol

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29, a couple of my friends, who work for CBP, have said to treat the process like you never applied. They told me when I started to apply local and with CBP at the same time. I might have a good couple years with a local LEA before getting called.

I've since been on a 3 year recall with the military and am back in the application process for local and CBP :P

• CBPO-DFW who are you talking too?

Comment

• CBPO-DFW
      CBPO-DFW commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool. hoe long did it take & when's ur EOD & location?

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes just waiting on final adjudication from opm. I have not been given an eod yet. I'm still waiting on adjudication on my background. Seeing that Laredo and eagle pass are the only ports being offered in Texas I'll most likely go to nogales.

• CBPO-DFW
      CBPO-DFW commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool! Hope u get what u want....
      I;m waiting on mine too since Aug 2018 last year....

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      CBPO-DFW what announcement are you?

• Any one here with 6/11 FLETC dates or anywhere near to that date?

Comment

• ajs0922
      ajs0922 commented
      Editing a comment
      EOD May 24th Seaport Miami, FLETC 6/11 see you y'all there.

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      Great! I will see you guys at the FLETC!!

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      6/13 see ya hoes there..lol...he wants to go running around the track with me..LOL

• Jo.lopz
      Jo.lopz commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ll be there 6/11 too! Miami seaport

• Hey guys, I just checked my progress in the app and it shows that my eqip in now in progress?!? Has anyone gone through the same thing once you are in the background stage??? what is the reason behind this?

Comment

• CBPO.BPJ
      CBPO.BPJ commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you JDalhoff

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. It is usually a good sign. I remember mine going back and forth from completed to pending. But just myself I reached out in a panic and advice. I learned each time they pull your file, they are reviewing. Once they see everything is complete and they don't need updated info or clarity. Then they will usually assign you bi investigator. They may contact you at beginning or end of investigation. So I would keep an eye out for a call from your bi.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      JDalhoff I'm 17-11 we are right there.

• JDalhoff
      JDalhoff commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 So you’re waiting on BI like myself? What area did ya apply for?

• So what’s the avg length in time it takes for the BI to be completed? I’ve read a month to 7 months on here. I’m just trying to see what I’m looking at. Only have that to pass and drug test to take. Announcement 17-10 btw

Comment

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      as you can tell on this form....noone knows....noone has the same steps...its just one big cluster F$%& hahah

• ncavazos
      ncavazos commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you get an answer on the time frame? I am in the same boat as you. Passed everything just needing BI and drug test to take. Announcement 17-11

• kli0211
      kli0211 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have to say it makes me feel a little better that I’m not alone in this step. I’m also just waiting for BI to clear, the investigator submitted everything back in early August.

• ncavazos
      ncavazos commented
      Editing a comment
      my medical took the longest to clear but once that cleared the poly came pretty quick. sitting at 63% right now

• Whats up everyone, figured I'd signup and join in on the fun.

CBPO 19-4

Applied: 1/26/19

Entrance Test: 1/30/19

Entrance Test NOR: PASS 1/31/19

Tentative Selection: 2/12/19 GS-7

EQIP Received: 2/14/19

EQIP Submitted: 2/15/19 *In Progress

Medical Exam: 2/15/19

Medical NOR: PASS 2/21/19

SI Email: 2/13/19

SI: 3/11/19

SI NOR: PASS 3/12/19

Fitness Test Email: 2/28/19

Fitness Test: 3/13/19

Fitness NOR: Awaiting Results - verbal pass

CASS APP-25%

Medical Exam - Completed

Structured Interview - Completed

Fitness Test - TBD
    CBPO 19-4 - Switched to 19-8

CASS APP-50%
    EQIP - Completed
    Medical Exam - Completed
    Structured Interview - Completed
    Fitness Test - Completed

Comment

• MattCBP
      MattCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey boss howit going, are you prior law enforcement ? It seems like you are FLYING through this process!! Im active army right and I applied for the VRA 19-3 Announcement. My tenative selection letter was 1 Feb just a week or so before yours. My App is still zero percent ! Ive submitted my, equip, BI,ploygraph waiver, and completed my physical. Is there anthing specificyou did to go through this process so fast !?

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Matt - nothing special here no prior military or leo experience. The only thing I can think of - I work from home a lot so I'm extremely flexible with scheduling. I'm probably going to move into 37.5% complete for the CASS in the next week or so with my fitness test results moving to pass this afternoon.
      Last edited by corsair; 03-18-2019, 09:13 PM.

• I finally had my polygraph which wasn't a success. I'm disappointed because this agency relies on this exam rather than evaluating a total background package. They say I can re apply in two years but I'm done because CBP may have been better but my work now in BOP is still considered FEDS. I ask the examiner how many criminal did your polygraph disqualify and he couldn't give me an answer but I said I do know people who failed the polygraph went on the have good federal law enforcement carreers like ICE and the BOP among others. He then said that are many criminals that just haven't been caught and I got upset and left because in my agency the BOP or in my prior military service, I supervise many criminals with million or some billion of dollars in their bank account and I never switch sides or lost my values. i wish all who is in this process the best but this test needs to be evaluated or they will continue to loose good possible agents.

Comment

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      In fy 2017 there were 80k+ apps...the poly is here to stay...it is a tool sometimes it works sometimes it does not...one thing it does do is weed out undesirable applicants who admit to some crazy things they wouldn't otherwise admit to

• I see a lot of people failing the poly recently. Makes me wonder if they changed anything. I'm glad I'm over that hump.

Comment

• collapse
      collapse commented
      Editing a comment
      Seriously. When I failed in 2016 I was adamant on not going in forums or even googling anything about a poly and I failed. I was second guessing myself on the littlest of things.

This time around I said F it and started perusing the interwebs. It was comforting and informative reading other peoples similar experiences concerning the poly.

When I took it the 2nd time I really went in like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      For me it was a last minute thing. Examiner called me a day before asking me if I am willing to take the poly 8 am the next morning because someone had cancelled on him. I went in he asked me whatever he had to ask. I told me few extra things that was bothering me. We went over the Poly. It went well. He did get frustrated at one point. After all was set and done he asked me if I was willing to take another poly if needed and if I will choose him. I was like yeah. I asked him did I fail or pass? He told me for me you have passed but on one portion I messed up a little bit. QC might want you to come and take that part again. But in a week my Poly went Green.

The examiner was super nice and strict at the same time. He has snacks and drink for me as well.
      Last edited by d2ep; 03-18-2019, 08:19 PM.

• eikichi10
      eikichi10 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm the one who took the poly 5 times within 6 months for CBP. At the end of every polygraph, the examiner did not straight up told me that I failed but they were saying I was hiding something and I tried to manipulate the exam. Every single one, I was asked if I'm willing to come back for a retest if offered. Everytime I got that question, I thought to myself maybe its time to find another career lol.
      And yes, every single poly they treated it as if it was your first time taking it, going through everything.

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Eikichi10, that's crazy! 5 times within 6 months?! Hopefully after all that, you got the pass! I wonder how they were able to schedule you for 5 in 6 months when there are some of us on here waiting 4 - 8 months for just 1 test? lol

My buddy, who made it through the HR review for MIA (I have been DQ'ed twice now), has to re-do a section of his poly. It seems they run the AMO poly's quick, since none of the other steps occur for them till after the poly. It's interesting seeing the different processes for each (BPO, OFO, AMO).

• Finally received my paperwork for EOD, I EOD 4/4/2019 academy 4/19/2019- 8/23/2019

Comment

• corsair
      corsair commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats!!!!

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats!!!!!

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Duty station?..EOD in a month...gotta hustle...welcome to the team rookie

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, DFW (Texas)

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7747 users online. 340 members and 7407 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X