Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone who has their EOD know if the OPM contacted their relatives about how the BI did his job? Just seeing where I'm at in the process...Havent spoke with my BI since Dec.

Comment

• jgabrielgonz
      jgabrielgonz commented
      Editing a comment
      My family members and co workers have received the same calls. Hopefully it’s a good sign that it’s been submitted. I haven’t spoken with my BI since December either.

• What is the average age applicants get hired at cbpo ? I just finished college with my bachelors & i’m currently 23 years old. I passed many local exams in NYC but damn , I feel like me being a cbpo is a longshot.. i’m too young & unexperienced. Lol

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      You are neither too young or too inexperienced. Apply.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Average age? Probably around late 20's-early 30's.

Historically, OFO used to hire lots of older, more experienced people in their late 30's, 40's, 50's and beyond. Once 12D retirement came into play in 2008, with it's "mandated" maximum hiring age, far fewer older people get hired these days.

23 is youngish...but not overly so. I have a coworker who was hired on in his late teens. He was so young his mom had to buy his pistol practice ammo for him.

• Benjamin.C
      Benjamin.C commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey JStyleszx we're nearly in the same boat, I'm in NYC as well, but I just turned 24. Apply for everything.

• mobyfish
      mobyfish commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel like getting employed with a job like this at 24 year old is perfect. You can work hard and make a lot of money (buy a house if you don’t already have one, save, etc) during the first few years then you can relax later on.

I’m 26 now and wish I knew about these opportunities sooner. But I guess everything happens for a reason and it just happens to be my time.

• My progress so far. for CBPO (OFO) Announcement DH 18-6..

Applied for CBPO- 03/30/18
    Exam- 4/3/2018
    NOR- 4/12/18
    Tentative Selection Letter- 4/20/18
    Eqip Rejected- 5/2/18
    Medical- 5/3/18
    PFFT- 5/3/18
    Eqip NOR to OPR- 5/4/18
    PFFT Passed- 5/5/18
    Medical Passed- 5/19/18
    SI- 6/14/2018
    SI Passed- 6/15/2018
    Polygraph scheduled-11/9/18
    Polygraph Verbally PASSED- 11/9/18
    Retake Polygraph Scheduled for 1/7/2019- on 12/16/2018 but canceled due to shutdown
    Rescheduled Polygraph on 2/26/2019- Scheduled for 3/4/2019
    Polygraph canceled and rescheduled on 2/28/2019- Scheduled for 3/6/2019
    Polygraph canceled and rescheduled on 3/1/2019- Scheduled for 3/8/2019
    Polygraph Verbally PASSED and GUARANTEED 100% according to examiner as they stated they submitted my info- 3/8/2019
    Polygraph Passed on CASS APP- 03/12/2019

CASS APP-63%

BI-In Progress
    Drug-In Progress
    Final Offer-Pending

My progress so far. for BPA Announcement DH 19-4

Applied for BPA- 01.27.2019
    Completed Online Assessment- 01.27.2019
    Entrance Exam Taken- 02.01.2019
    NOR for Entrance Exam- 02.04.2019 (Passing Score 96%)
    NOR & Notice of Referral- 02.13.2019
    Tentative Selection- 02.13.2019 (Selected)
    Accepted Tentative Job Offer- 02.14.2019
    Completed Questionnaire- 02.14.2019
    Signed PSR.1- 02.14.2019
    SI Schedule on 03.11.2019 for- 04.8.2019
    PFT.1 Scheduled Notice on 03.13.2019- N/A

​​​​​​CASS APP- 38%

Fitness Exam- In Progress
    SI- In Progress
    BI- In Progress
    Drug- Pending
    Final Offer-Pending
    Last edited by CBPO.BPJ; 03-16-2019, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• dannyboy33
      dannyboy33 commented
      Editing a comment
      ^^ I am wondering the same thing when the BI will contact me. I took and passed the Poly in August and haven't been contacted by the BI yet.

• radsavage
      radsavage commented
      Editing a comment
      Why did you retake the polygraph when you passed it the first time? Also, why it take that long, did they ask a thousand questions? lol

• CBPO.BPJ
      CBPO.BPJ commented
      Editing a comment
      radsavage I was told verbally that I passed it so when they sent the report to DC they just asked me to retake it. In regards to why it took so long on the second poly, they told me that while I was doing each session, they where immediately sending the report for that session to get it approved immediately. So after all was done and over with, they told me that it was not just verbally approved but also was completely sent to DC and approved on the spot. Therefore I did not have to worry about another retake.

• CBPO.BPJ
      CBPO.BPJ commented
      Editing a comment
      dannyboy33 did they ask you to re-certify your E-QIP already?

• Originally posted by Talonderiel View Post
    At my SI, the BPA agents did say that the process was slowed down because of the shutdown but that it should be picking speed back up. He said the average hire time is 8 - 14 months and they are trying to get lower than that..... He did say it took him 20 months to be hired 8 years ago.

CBPO 19-1
    CBPO (44%)
    Eqip: done
    PFT1: 11/08/2018
    Medical: 10/30/2018
    SI: 12/11/2018
    Poly: not scheduled

BPA 19-1
    BPA (44%):
    Eqip: done
    PFT1: 11/08/2018
    Medical: 10/30/2018
    SI: 03/05/2019
    Poly: not scheduled

MIA (waiting on referral)
    So does the progress from cbpo cross over to BPA? I'm 50% with 2 cbpo applications. Just took the BPA exam and got my NORs. Wondering if I have to do a whole new pft1, medical and SI.

Comment

• CBPO.BPJ
      CBPO.BPJ commented
      Editing a comment
      Everything transfers over except the physical and the SI

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      As CBPO.BPJ said! I'm just waiting on the Poly, which applies to both too. Good luck on your apps!

• So is it the consensus that entering under a provisional clearance is a bad idea? Even if I had nothing to hide and everything was on paper (no felonies, drug use, etc.), what would be a reason to fail the BI? I understand this might be a stupid question

Comment

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      send a email to youre case manager, they will reset it for you

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Generally, conventional wisdom has it that applying for a provisional clearance makes sense if...

You are convinced that there are no skeletons in your closet and the closets of your immediate family...If you're all squeaky clean there ought not to be issues.
      Or, if you might have issues but you are in an easily replaceable job...If CBP turns out to be a bust you can always go back to doing what you did before.
      Or you have no job at all...Then a few months working in CBP is better than having no job and no money.

Generally, conventional wisdom suggest that declining a provisional clearance is better if you...

Know that you have issues that may come up...
      Already have a decent job with good pay...You might as well stay put in a guaranteed decent job until you have fully vetted clearance.

• rergang3
      rergang3 commented
      Editing a comment
      douglasgene1 Issue was they had my last name along with my prefix (III) so once I added that, it was all set.

merlin436 well I'm also in the process for TSA which will be a little quicker so I'm not sure. I got nothing to hide so screw it

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      As long as you are comfortable rolling the dice on yourself, your family and your initial employment costs...good luck with it.

• Someone just asked a similar question above, but for the background I got terminated from a job about 4 years ago for allegedly saying profanity and horrible things at work which I did not do. Fast forward a month later the store manager got fired for money laundering and a year later the guy that said those things about me got arresting for frauding a charity... he’s a manipulative scam artist.. is that somthing they’ll take into account during the background... because if they go off what the store said it makes me look really bad.

Comment

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I carry 2 sets, 1 regular, 1 hinged (wrist breakers) i love them for the guys that always try to resist. They arent meant for everyone, they can do great thing...but terrible things if you twerk them to hard.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I 2nd that. We got rid of them for thar reason. To many injuries but worked well for thise who try to fight it. I guess I stopped liking them when I was in a restraint and the other co froze and was chicken ****, so I was I the restraint alone and got smacked right up side the head. Which then turned into a hard hip toss and an arm bar till I could get assistance....lol. Im not the biggest guy at 5'5 inches but thankfully I am strong...lol.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Currently, both hinges and chain cuffs are on the authorized equipment list. I believe the current standard issue is the SW model 100 chain cuffs but if your willing to buy your own, carry anything approved.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      gotta love good ol SW, i have 2 sets myself hinge and cain. never a problem

• Hello, about how long after receiving a verbal pass on the physical did you see a green check mark in Cass? I'm stil sitting at 0% after having done that and the medical.

Comment

• Anthony_525
      Anthony_525 commented
      Editing a comment
      How long has it been?

• Benjamin.C
      Benjamin.C commented
      Editing a comment
      For the medical just over a month, the physical was only 2 days ago.

• Benjamin.C
      Benjamin.C commented
      Editing a comment
      My physical just cleared today, I'm sitting at 13%.:

GS-9 19-3:

Applied-12/30/18
      Exam-Exempt*(GS-9)
      NOR-2/06/19
      Tentative Selection Letter-2/7/19
      E-quip Self-reject & re-submit-2/15/19
      E-quip pending review-2/19/19*
      Medical-2/20/19 (additional review for back 2/22/19, no update)*
      Polygraph Reciprocity released to OPR-2/21/19
      PFT-3/12/19 - verbal pass
      PFT-3/18/19-CASS greenlit

• Would anyone know if these are ok for academy? My buddy wears them as a cop and says they’re super comfortable

Comment

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Tell me how do you win a pursuit?!.....Bates Gx8 nuff said...ive worn them for years during rough duty
      Last edited by Evolution81; 03-14-2019, 06:19 PM.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh snap son.

• Jones415
      Jones415 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would say they are totally fine. As long as toe is polishable.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      The actual uniform policy on boots is rather vague. The academy's views on footwear are far more discriminating than that of the field. If it was me, I'd pick up something conservative and polishable for the academy. Once a person is at the port, off training status and done with probation, then wear the UA's or whatever.

• Reached out to my local recruiter and he said they are averaging almost 300 days with the hiring process. I'm 19-1, passed my SI the end of November and I'm still sitting at 50%.

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...ZY8GwLcKvViQVd

318 days in FY17...if you're counting.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      merlin436 Did you read the report... personally, I feel the numbers they provided on the report are all bogus... especially hiring process duration, poly waiting days... Particularly they said poly waiting "average" for CBPO is 74 days but I've seen many people had waited 6-7-8 months to be scheduled, if not longer. I'm in a few group chat where we have 30-40 applications who have been waiting good 6-7 months for poly, I don't know how the heck they average it down to 74 days.... then they stated the average time for background investigation is 63 days... another bogus... after poly, almost all people have to wait another 4 -6 months, in some cases, 8-10 months for background to clear... how the heck they average down to 63 days? just my thought and personal opinions,

• dannyboy33
      dannyboy33 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am going on 15 months. Sooo buckle up!

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      @V_AntCBP,

It's a mean average. Lots of mean averages in OFO really aren't that meaningful on the individual basis because they take in all the people on either extreme, mash them with the middle, and come up with a number which often doesn't reflect the usual, normal person all that well. It's like the mean average for overtime earnings, it takes the few earning cap waivers in excess of 45K, the thousands making at or near zero, and a whole bunch of people making whatever in between.

It is what it is.

• 451 days since i took my entrance exam, announcement 18-3, waiting on BI to clear since November 27. THE WAITING GAME CONTINUES.......

Comment

• txm44
      txm44 commented
      Editing a comment
      438 days here... still waiting on poly date. Just gotta wait it out I guess. Can’t really get any answers from case manager other then generic responses.

• dannyboy33
      dannyboy33 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am 18-3 waiting to MEET my BI and do the drug test. I called HR and asked for an update because I haven't heard anything since I passed my poly in August 2018. Said my app was still active and they believe it usually is 3-6 months after poly to hear from BI. The anxiety does suck when waiting. I am on here everyday looking to see where any 18-2, 18-3, 18-4 people are at in the process.

• eikichi10
      eikichi10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Original 17-10 here, reapplied to 18-3. Background submitted end of November of 2018. Inquired about the status last week and was told the BI is pending final adjudication. Still need the drug test.

• JDalhoff
      JDalhoff commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m 17-10 as well and just now started the background portion. It’s looking like it will be legit almost if not over 2 yrs of this process to kno the final outcome

• So my background just got cleared. Just missing the drug test is that still a long wait? Background took about 7 months to get cleared.

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      You get email or just update on cass?

• Jgonz383
      Jgonz383 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 i just logged in to CASS and saw that my background had cleared got no email or other notification.

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats, Jgonz383! Sounds like the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter.

• Srhernza115
      Srhernza115 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats!!! You’re done with the hardest parts of the process. You’re on your way.

• So I sent an email to CBP asking for some e-qip help and they did not help at all. My question was "I have former supervisors who are no longer with the company I worked for. Should I still list them and just note that they no longer work there or should I call and get the name of someone who can prove my employment? Possibly an HR rep?" I also asked "If a job started prior to my 18th birthday and ended soon after, do I include that? For example, I started at 17 but finished at 19." The whole going back 10 years but also not including anything before you 18th birthday is confusing for someone who's younger than 28

Theg responded saying they can't tell me what to put in my e-qip. Any advice?

Comment

• Anthony_525
      Anthony_525 commented
      Editing a comment
      You must list 10 years of employment. I am 24 years old and have worked since I was 18. I had to list that I was unemployed from 14-18 years old. Also yes list your previous co workers who knew that you worked there.

• rergang3
      rergang3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Anthony_525 even though it says don't list before 18th birthday unless to provide a minimum two years employment?

• Anthony_525
      Anthony_525 commented
      Editing a comment
      I had to. It wouldn’t let me move on unless I did. I explained I the comments the reasoning behind it.

• rergang3
      rergang3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Anthony_525 got it

• Has anyone had a Poly exam at the Newark NJ Location since the back to back shutdowns lol.

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Back to back shutdown? I remember 1 shutdown.

• RJ_Jersey
      RJ_Jersey commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 haha do you remember at least taking a Poly exam at the Newark NJ location recently? haha

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Dfw texas for me. Sorry.

• Hey guys, in your experince do y’all know anyone or was someone who got disqualified for medical reasons? I ask because I’m at 40% military disability, 10 tinnitus, 10 ankle, 10 knee, and 20 shoulder, and I’ve been trying to prove that I no longer have sleep apnea. While Ive been in the process of trying to get an appointment for an in-lab sleep study to show I no longer have sleep apnea, I got an email response informing me that my documents were submitted to the MRO for decision. This surprised me because I still have time until the due date and I’m still working on getting more documentation to them.

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Irving, tx at the cbp internal affairs building.

• Luckyjack90
      Luckyjack90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 I might go to the same place for my poly. I live in Lubbock.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29- before i had my poly, i worked on apartments over by the IA office (where we did our poly's) i was fishing in that lake/river on a Saturday. The superintendent tole me dont fish right there, that building is a federal building with FBI, Homeland, federal game warden and state game over there. I blew it off and fished it anyway.15 mins later State Game Warden came out with some men in black suites with badges came out and told me to pretty much get bent haha I learned a few months later that was 100% true when i had my poly.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Douglas what port did you pick? If I remember correctly it was outside of Texas right? Why did choose not to stay in texas?

• After almost 6 months to clear medical I finally get a poly scheduled take it and they say I’m lying about foreign obligations or contacts ? Lol Cbp is a joke and frustrating I worked for homeland security for 8 years clear background an army vet nothing ever against me and they say I’m lying about knowing a foreigner I barely even talk to my family in the states what makes them think I have contact with anyone elsewhere lol. I passed a poly for LAPD easy and these guys hit me with this? Ridiculous.

Comment

• Luckyjack90
      Luckyjack90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Where did you take your polygraph?

• Thatkid
      Thatkid commented
      Editing a comment
      Lucky in California

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Thatkid, sucks man.... I had a similar story with the poly for a local PD by me in 2014. Failed the one I wanted and then passed the subsequent 2 others for the sheriffs offices. Turns out the kat that failed me got fired for discrimination against Veterans. I got a "please reapply" email at the beginning of my 3-year recall.

Hang in there, kid! I wish there was more than can be said but unfortunately the poly is king for now. :\

• Thatkid
      Thatkid commented
      Editing a comment
      Talonderiel yea man don’t know what the deal was with it guy even said he was going to request a retest but I’m over it now if it works out with LAPD it’s a more legit agency anyways lol

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12334 users online. 485 members and 11849 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X