Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reached out to my local recruiter and he said they are averaging almost 300 days with the hiring process. I'm 19-1, passed my SI the end of November and I'm still sitting at 50%.

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...ZY8GwLcKvViQVd

318 days in FY17...if you're counting.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      merlin436 Did you read the report... personally, I feel the numbers they provided on the report are all bogus... especially hiring process duration, poly waiting days... Particularly they said poly waiting "average" for CBPO is 74 days but I've seen many people had waited 6-7-8 months to be scheduled, if not longer. I'm in a few group chat where we have 30-40 applications who have been waiting good 6-7 months for poly, I don't know how the heck they average it down to 74 days.... then they stated the average time for background investigation is 63 days... another bogus... after poly, almost all people have to wait another 4 -6 months, in some cases, 8-10 months for background to clear... how the heck they average down to 63 days? just my thought and personal opinions,

• dannyboy33
      dannyboy33 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am going on 15 months. Sooo buckle up!

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      @V_AntCBP,

It's a mean average. Lots of mean averages in OFO really aren't that meaningful on the individual basis because they take in all the people on either extreme, mash them with the middle, and come up with a number which often doesn't reflect the usual, normal person all that well. It's like the mean average for overtime earnings, it takes the few earning cap waivers in excess of 45K, the thousands making at or near zero, and a whole bunch of people making whatever in between.

It is what it is.

• 451 days since i took my entrance exam, announcement 18-3, waiting on BI to clear since November 27. THE WAITING GAME CONTINUES.......

Comment

• txm44
      txm44 commented
      Editing a comment
      438 days here... still waiting on poly date. Just gotta wait it out I guess. Can’t really get any answers from case manager other then generic responses.

• dannyboy33
      dannyboy33 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am 18-3 waiting to MEET my BI and do the drug test. I called HR and asked for an update because I haven't heard anything since I passed my poly in August 2018. Said my app was still active and they believe it usually is 3-6 months after poly to hear from BI. The anxiety does suck when waiting. I am on here everyday looking to see where any 18-2, 18-3, 18-4 people are at in the process.

• eikichi10
      eikichi10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Original 17-10 here, reapplied to 18-3. Background submitted end of November of 2018. Inquired about the status last week and was told the BI is pending final adjudication. Still need the drug test.

• JDalhoff
      JDalhoff commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m 17-10 as well and just now started the background portion. It’s looking like it will be legit almost if not over 2 yrs of this process to kno the final outcome

• So my background just got cleared. Just missing the drug test is that still a long wait? Background took about 7 months to get cleared.

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      You get email or just update on cass?

• Jgonz383
      Jgonz383 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 i just logged in to CASS and saw that my background had cleared got no email or other notification.

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats, Jgonz383! Sounds like the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter.

• Srhernza115
      Srhernza115 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats!!! You’re done with the hardest parts of the process. You’re on your way.

• So I sent an email to CBP asking for some e-qip help and they did not help at all. My question was "I have former supervisors who are no longer with the company I worked for. Should I still list them and just note that they no longer work there or should I call and get the name of someone who can prove my employment? Possibly an HR rep?" I also asked "If a job started prior to my 18th birthday and ended soon after, do I include that? For example, I started at 17 but finished at 19." The whole going back 10 years but also not including anything before you 18th birthday is confusing for someone who's younger than 28

Theg responded saying they can't tell me what to put in my e-qip. Any advice?

Comment

• Anthony_525
      Anthony_525 commented
      Editing a comment
      You must list 10 years of employment. I am 24 years old and have worked since I was 18. I had to list that I was unemployed from 14-18 years old. Also yes list your previous co workers who knew that you worked there.

• rergang3
      rergang3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Anthony_525 even though it says don't list before 18th birthday unless to provide a minimum two years employment?

• Anthony_525
      Anthony_525 commented
      Editing a comment
      I had to. It wouldn’t let me move on unless I did. I explained I the comments the reasoning behind it.

• rergang3
      rergang3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Anthony_525 got it

• Has anyone had a Poly exam at the Newark NJ Location since the back to back shutdowns lol.

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Back to back shutdown? I remember 1 shutdown.

• RJ_Jersey
      RJ_Jersey commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 haha do you remember at least taking a Poly exam at the Newark NJ location recently? haha

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Dfw texas for me. Sorry.

• Hey guys, in your experince do y’all know anyone or was someone who got disqualified for medical reasons? I ask because I’m at 40% military disability, 10 tinnitus, 10 ankle, 10 knee, and 20 shoulder, and I’ve been trying to prove that I no longer have sleep apnea. While Ive been in the process of trying to get an appointment for an in-lab sleep study to show I no longer have sleep apnea, I got an email response informing me that my documents were submitted to the MRO for decision. This surprised me because I still have time until the due date and I’m still working on getting more documentation to them.

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Irving, tx at the cbp internal affairs building.

• Luckyjack90
      Luckyjack90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 I might go to the same place for my poly. I live in Lubbock.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29- before i had my poly, i worked on apartments over by the IA office (where we did our poly's) i was fishing in that lake/river on a Saturday. The superintendent tole me dont fish right there, that building is a federal building with FBI, Homeland, federal game warden and state game over there. I blew it off and fished it anyway.15 mins later State Game Warden came out with some men in black suites with badges came out and told me to pretty much get bent haha I learned a few months later that was 100% true when i had my poly.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Douglas what port did you pick? If I remember correctly it was outside of Texas right? Why did choose not to stay in texas?

• After almost 6 months to clear medical I finally get a poly scheduled take it and they say I’m lying about foreign obligations or contacts ? Lol Cbp is a joke and frustrating I worked for homeland security for 8 years clear background an army vet nothing ever against me and they say I’m lying about knowing a foreigner I barely even talk to my family in the states what makes them think I have contact with anyone elsewhere lol. I passed a poly for LAPD easy and these guys hit me with this? Ridiculous.

Comment

• Luckyjack90
      Luckyjack90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Where did you take your polygraph?

• Thatkid
      Thatkid commented
      Editing a comment
      Lucky in California

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Thatkid, sucks man.... I had a similar story with the poly for a local PD by me in 2014. Failed the one I wanted and then passed the subsequent 2 others for the sheriffs offices. Turns out the kat that failed me got fired for discrimination against Veterans. I got a "please reapply" email at the beginning of my 3-year recall.

Hang in there, kid! I wish there was more than can be said but unfortunately the poly is king for now. :\

• Thatkid
      Thatkid commented
      Editing a comment
      Talonderiel yea man don’t know what the deal was with it guy even said he was going to request a retest but I’m over it now if it works out with LAPD it’s a more legit agency anyways lol

• Well it finally happened for me today I got the call yesterday I was advised of what was open and asked since I applied for VRA if there was a preference where I wanted to go I asked about Miami since I live here. They told me that they will have to ask and call me back. This morning at 11:22am I got the call back and was offered Miami seaport. They gave me the option to start April 4 or may24th I selected May 24th but thinking of calling them back to start April.

Comment

• ajs0922
      ajs0922 commented
      Editing a comment
      d2ep yeah I think that I am going to stay with may 24th gives me more time to get things ready for the academy. DM me.
      raudy06 I applied last April VRA 18-6 CBPO 18-7 reapplied to 18-12. VRA was my lottery ticket that is the only reason I was able to get Miami Seaport.

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      ajs0922 DM sent

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      I mean you have waited this long.... What's another couple weeks, right?! Congrats! Best of luck with your new career.

• ajs0922
      ajs0922 commented
      Editing a comment
      @Taloderiel Thanks and yeah your right I will take it gives me more time to prepare for Glynco. Cant wait wonder what its like at the port of Miami.

• Hello all, I applied to one of the recent announcements and its been moving along quickly. I passed the medical physical and I have the pft1 coming up. Push ups/sit ups Im good. The step test I started practicing and I am following along to the video online of the test and keeping pace with it. Still a bit nervous any tips ? I have a stepper thats 13 inch tall.. I figure practicing with it a smidge taller will better prepare me. Once you finished the needed amount of sit ups and push ups do they stop you or you finish the minute? Im on Long Island hoping for JFK.

Comment

• Benjamin.C
      Benjamin.C commented
      Editing a comment
      G8627 I'm in NYC as well and hoping for JFK.

I did the exact same thing with my training, I used a 13" step at the gym. My last training day I was only able to complete 4:00 straight, but on test day, the 12" step was no problem. That extra height really makes it more challenging. At Home, I also trained on a 9" step. Do other cardio machines as well to improve your lung function. You should be fine.
      Last edited by Benjamin.C; 03-15-2019, 02:37 PM. Reason: Spelling error corrected.

• Anthony_525
      Anthony_525 commented
      Editing a comment
      I just took it today, but for BPA. Time yourself when you practice sit ups/ push ups. My step test was 14” for 5 mins. My advice is to just practice

• mobyfish
      mobyfish commented
      Editing a comment
      d2ep it wasn’t on 18-7 when I first applied.

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      mobyfish it was gone for few announcements. Now what they are doing is there are putting all the available locations on every announcement. Before they would put in a location an announcement then would take it out and put a new location. But recently from what I have seen they are keep adding new locations to new announcements if they need to they would not take it out until the location is filled.

* This is just my assumption*

• eikichi10 they told me the same thing. Peniding adjudication. Once final suitability is made thet will contact me.

damn I just seen that...lol. damn auto correct wtf. No penis check.
    Last edited by Hal29; 03-16-2019, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      so they have to look at your junk now? man im sure glad i didnt have to go through that lol

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      I emailed my recruiter and they sent inquiry for me.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      And No penis check. That was auto correct. Which wasn't so correct.

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29, I'm glad you finally caught what I was hinting at! lol

• Well y'all... good possibility I'm out of the running. Polygraph did not go well today. I can honestly say that I disclosed anything on my mind at the time of the test, and I was still told I was hiding something. If I get the opportunity to retest, then I will, but I'm also on to plan B. Good luck to those still in the process.

Comment

• Luckyjack90
      Luckyjack90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hope you do get another chance man.

• Dcherise18088
      Dcherise18088 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. She told me that if I'm offered another chance that I should take it. I wanted to be like uhm duh. I've not spent 15 months in this process to say F*$% it...

• JDalhoff
      JDalhoff commented
      Editing a comment
      What announcement are you? Also I took mine in Indy this past December. I had a nice lady. Passed first time

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      May the poly Gods be god to you! I'm hoping you get a recall soon.

• Quick question guys, I've just been called to go in for retesting or if you wanna call it a second polygraph. Do you guys know if this is a good thing. I've been reading most posts and from what I see when they call you back for a retest most people pass the second time around

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Usually if you go in a 2nd time the first one was inconclusive to some of the questions. You go in to retest on those for clarity and consistency. It is easier to pass second one but not guaranteed.

• ajs0922
      ajs0922 commented
      Editing a comment
      When I took my poly back in December there was a section that I messed up on my leg was moving a bit and the special agent who did my poly told me that I passed based on his opinion but I may be asked to retest due to that section. Sure enough once the shutdown was over they called me and in February 14th I was retested and only that one section and it was all good the following week I had a green check mark and was waiting for my drug test.

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      You didn't outright fail so...you should take that as a good omen

• fort1978
      fort1978 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for all the insight I really appreciate it. Hopefully this will be the last step I need to take. I had given up a little bit, but this is confirmation that it isnt over just yet.

• So even though I’m still waiting to clear medical, I wanted to have a conversation about the polygraph. From what I’ve seen so far, a big concern with it are the false positives that are being recorded during polygraph examinations.
    Do y’all think this is becoming a common issue, is an issue based on where you are taking the poly, or could it be actual individual issues?

Comment

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      There is no science to it....it's basically a tool to help find things someone might not be comfortable telling thier prospective employer...basically it's there to weed out idiots...just like the justice system....The outcome weighs heavily on an individual s opinion.... so it is not always fair
      Last edited by Evolution81; 03-16-2019, 06:04 PM.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      The Poly is going nowhere. Learn to live with it.

• Luckyjack90
      Luckyjack90 commented
      Editing a comment
      merlin436 no doubt about that at all. Just wanted others input on the whole process.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      When it comes to the Poly, my opinion doesn't matter. Your opinion doesn't matter. The opinion of 99.9% of the agency doesn't matter. What does matter is the opinion of that handful of people who run the Poly program and those folk like the poly. They see the odd success in getting someone to admit to some sort of disqualifying conduct during the process. They don't see anything else.
      Complicating it all are the facts that the Poly, and it's cheerleaders, are not driven by or addressed by just OFO. It's an OFO and BP Poly... Also, being that it's mandated by federal law, Congress would have to step up to make the Poly go away. Good luck with that.

• There is no real time frame on when you will be contacted. None of this has a time frame.

Comment

• CBPO.BPJ
      CBPO.BPJ commented
      Editing a comment
      yea.... thats why I used quotation marks on "average" .... you got to love the wait game..... lol

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29, a couple of my friends, who work for CBP, have said to treat the process like you never applied. They told me when I started to apply local and with CBP at the same time. I might have a good couple years with a local LEA before getting called.

I've since been on a 3 year recall with the military and am back in the application process for local and CBP :P

• CBPO-DFW who are you talking too?

Comment

• CBPO-DFW
      CBPO-DFW commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool. hoe long did it take & when's ur EOD & location?

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes just waiting on final adjudication from opm. I have not been given an eod yet. I'm still waiting on adjudication on my background. Seeing that Laredo and eagle pass are the only ports being offered in Texas I'll most likely go to nogales.

• CBPO-DFW
      CBPO-DFW commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool! Hope u get what u want....
      I;m waiting on mine too since Aug 2018 last year....

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      CBPO-DFW what announcement are you?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8044 users online. 367 members and 7677 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X