Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So do y’all think the polygraph scheduling date is determined by your announcement, your current location, or maybe a combination of both?

Comment

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      by region i mean how may poly admins are assigned to that particular region..too many variables..i say try to forget about the process until they contact you

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      i couldnt imagine applying in like New York, i can only imagine how many people apply.

• Luckyjack90
      Luckyjack90 commented
      Editing a comment
      douglasgene1 Well hopefully my region, Lubbock TX, won’t be too crowded.
      Last edited by Luckyjack90; 03-13-2019, 10:09 AM.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you are good lol i had my SI in Lubbock for BPA, it was set up a months after i applied for VRA-GS9 . CBPO for DFW took 6 months for their SI. I know its not poly, however it would give me better hope lol

• Unless I'm called for a second polygraph, I'm done for the next 2 years. I'm not even upset though.
    I would rather fail the polygraph being truthful than admit to something I didn't do just to continue the process.
    Integrity means everything, fellas. Cheers!
    CBPO 18-11
    Preferred Duty Location: El Paso, TX
    5/04/18: Exam
    5/09/18: NOR
    6/29/18: Fitness Test
    6/29/18: Medical Evaluation
    7/02/18: Fitness Cleared
    7/05/18: Medical Cleared
    7/13/18: E-QIP Submitted
    8/07/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added FS-545)
    8/13/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added Documentation of Mother's Citizenship)
    8/15/18: E-QIP Released to OPR
    8/15/18: Structured Interview & Fingerprints
    3/10/19: Polygraph

Drug Test: Pending

Comment

• ajs0922
      ajs0922 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did he tell you that you failed or did he say that he was unable to collect enough data for that section ? Either way it sounds like they will be calling you for a second one. With me he told me that he was able to collect data but didn’t seem like enough and he told me “ as your examiner I believe you passed but do not be surprised if they call your to redo it at the end OPR is the final say if it is good or not” just hang in there my first time the lady flat out and said you failed and was a @&$! about it too. But this time around way better experience.

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      bro you shouldnt have done **** but get rest why did you run a 1.5 before you got there?..you failed yourself bro...you probably would've passed if you didnt run beforehand...DOH!!

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      What!!!! You should not do anything but get a good night sleep and a breakfast be poly. It is a long day. You shouldn't of had run before. Oh boy.

• Tremellio
      Tremellio commented
      Editing a comment
      Evolution81 Hal29 I ran the day before. A good night's rest went out the window when the administrator moved my poly from 9Am to 8 AM and scheduled me to take it an hour away from the crib... and daylights savings took an hour from me lol I got off work at 8 the night before. stuff happens. Hey, the human body is a machine that is constantly moving. Your muscles never stop contracting as blood pumps through. The guy said my *** muscles started contracting at the end.. I mean, I feel like that normal after sitting for 5 hours lol

• Anyone on her currently at the academy or have an EOD coming soon that can comment?
    I was curious if any of those that had elected to continue in Provisional Clear status, if you had met with your BI prior to going to EOD?
    Did you get EOD while the background was still being done? Or EOD in the process of the background

Thanks
    18-3
    Apply-12/30/17
    Exam-1/9/2018
    NOR-1/24/18
    Tentative Selection Letter-2/8/18
    Eqip Submission-2/12/18
    Medical-2/20/18-
    PFFT-3/1
    Release EQIP to OPR-3/16/18
    SI-4/23/2018
    Passed SI-4/24/2018
    Request for more Medical Info-5/16/2018
    Emailed CBPMedical with more information-6/6/2018
    Passed Medical-11/1/2018

CASS-50%

Comment

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      i did not receive a provisional clearance...but my background cleared in 1.5 months so it was no biggie...i eod in may

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Evolution your lucky. 1.5 months. Mine has been going on forever...lol.

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      hal im as shocked as you were..i thought it would take forever

• So as far as finding a place to live after graduation; do they help you find a place to live in your duty location or do you find a place during academy? I’ll be in San Francisco and I know for a fact I won’t be able to afford a place there.

Comment

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      lol bro really?...you gotta be a big boy find your own spot as a rookie...lol...they aint finding nothing for you...I suggest you air bnb until you find a spot
      Last edited by Evolution81; 03-10-2019, 03:14 PM.

• bonds525
      bonds525 commented
      Editing a comment
      Evolution81 haha I know, San Fran ain’t a joke, there’s a reason they have a critical need lol

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      man i know.... aint no way in hell i would take a communist cali spot..LOL..you're a brave man

• boconnor
      boconnor commented
      Editing a comment
      You actually need a place for your few weeks of pre academy as well.

• Anyone with a start date in June?

Comment

• No not yet waiting for SI and Poly? Where is your EOD? Where did you take your SI?

Comment

• Can someone advise after the academy in Glynco, is the 35-37 weeks follow on training at the port you’re going to work? Or just continued at Glynco?
        USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
        Oorah!

Comment

• Evolution81
          Evolution81 commented
          Editing a comment
          Port........

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          i believe post academy is your fto.

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          The 30 training day Spanish training, if you need to attend it, is at Glynco. As is the 89 training day basic academy. Pre-academy and post-academy training is at your port.

• boconnor
          boconnor commented
          Editing a comment
          The 35-37 week post academy depending on the port does not take that long.

• 19-4 CBPO UPDATE:

Since last time I posted, I passed my SI! I was really worried about it for some reason although I've already done many in the past. Had my medical exam recently so hopefully that goes through with a breeze and I'm just waiting on a date for my PFT. I seem to be moving quite fast through the whole process. Hoping it stays at this rate.

1/28/2019 - Applied
        2/8/2019 - Exam
        2/11/2019 - Exam NOR - PASS
        2/20/2019 - Structured Interview Setup
        2/25/2019 - Medical Exam Setup
        2/26/2019 - E-QIP BI Submitted
        3/5/2019 - Structured Interview
        3/6/2019 - SI NOR - PASS
        3/8/2019 - Medical Exam

Comment

• rergang3
          rergang3 commented
          Editing a comment
          vtruy this is so discouraging for me haha. Still waiting on that tentative selection email after receiving my NOR on the 13th. Yikes... Congrats tho!

• vtruy
          vtruy commented
          Editing a comment
          rergang3 ,Thank you! and are you 19-4 as well? I selected smaller places for my interview as well as polygraph choice so perhaps that's why? im not sure.

• rergang3
          rergang3 commented
          Editing a comment
          vtruy I mean I guess? Maybe because I'm in Texas and applying for a position in Boston. Who knows... I figured I might as well start the TSA process for Boston because this could take a while haha

• Deleted...
        Last edited by Hopejoy; 04-02-2019, 10:06 PM.

Comment

• gaston xknuckles

​​​​​​​Thank you very much!

Comment

• How soon do you get details on EOD?
            I EOD July 8 San Francisco but want to book a room in advance so it’s cheaper.
            when I got the call the lady said as your time approaches you get more information

Comment

• douglasgene1
              douglasgene1 commented
              Editing a comment
              everyone i seen get one was 2 weeks before EOD, the port director for DFW told me they shoot for 3 weeks however most go out at 2 weeks

• bonds525
              bonds525 commented
              Editing a comment
              douglasgene1 damn that’s horrible, gives you little time to book things and prepare

• Hal29
              Hal29 commented
              Editing a comment
              Well you know you got your eod, go a head and book. Don't wait till last minute

• Hey guys got an update for 3-11-2019....
            Passed my polygraph, background, SI, etc.

Medical came back and said I need to submit a waiver due to corrected vision? Anyone wearing glasses that can't see anything more than a "finger count" without them passed the medical review board? What do you guys think? Should I waiver or not?
            Last edited by Calitown; 03-11-2019, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• xknuckles
              xknuckles commented
              Editing a comment
              Were you not able to read the letters on the chart?

• standtheman
              standtheman commented
              Editing a comment
              my previous app was 18-11 and i failed my eyes exam because i could not see anything after i take off my glasses. They sent me an email stated that i can waiver it if i am currently work as a law enforcement otherwise i have to re-apply again. so i did lasik right away and re apply again right after i done lasik.

• gaston
              gaston commented
              Editing a comment
              After my inital medical, I had to go to the my own eye doctor for another eval. Then i received an email saying-"basically you blind, why should we hire you" I then completed the medical waiver and had to write a letter and turn in evals from my current agency.

If you dont waiver, then you more than likely will not get considered for the position. And they do accept your waiver, i am pretty certain you file goes back to the bottom. lol

• Calitown
              Calitown commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you guys for the advice. Yes I am currently in a civilian law enforcement agency. So CBP is wanting performance evals from my agency along with a written statement on why I should be hired correct?
              And no, I could barely read the biggest letter on the chart without my glasses or contacts lol...Yea my vision is pretty bad.

• Rerang, just curious to why you picked Boston. I'm from there and moved to Texas. To liberal for my likes.

Comment

• Hal29
              Hal29 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah I love Maine. If you hate lots of people then you'll hate Boston. You can't even move there. Maine is beautiful though. I live North of dfw. Closer to Oklahoma. So not a lot of people. My city has 4,000 people surrounded by lakes.

• rergang3
              rergang3 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hal29 I went to Boston this past summer and while there may be a good amount of people, it just doesn't compare to here. The people issue is just more exhausted when I combine it with the scenery I guess. It's hard to go from living right near Lake Michigan and then being over 8 hours away from the ugly beaches of TX haha. I'm north DFW too, but I just have never been a fan. Then there's the weather of course. My thing has always been it's easier to warm up than cool down. Plus I enjoy ice fishing. Not much of that down here. Thanks for the input tho!

• Hal29
              Hal29 commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol. Nothing wrong with Crystal beach. But hear it lacks a lot of scenery. My little girl does rodeo and we like to camp and hike a lot in Colorado and Oklahoma. Thus the reason I'm going to Arizona. I left the north because I was sick of the cold....lol. after 22 years of playing hockey I was done. I moved here in 2011. My wife is also from texas.

• rergang3
              rergang3 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hal29 Yea I had the same thoughts about the cold when I lived there too haha. Not quite missing it this winter tho! Arizona will be solid!

• I’m 18-3 applicant and I was thinking about reapplying to a new DH announcement for gs 9, does everything just carry over and if both applications will run concurrently together. Just trying to speeds thing up cause I’m still waiting for a poly date after 6 months.

Comment

• I would love to have dfw as I live here. It would save on money and travel. But I'm dh.

Comment

• CBPO-DFW
                CBPO-DFW commented
                Editing a comment
                R u a current LEO & how far have you gone with the CBP hiring process?

• Hal29
                Hal29 commented
                Editing a comment
                no I'm not a current leo. I work for the state. I am just waiting on adjudication. You a current leo?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7879 users online. 277 members and 7602 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X