300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleted...
    Last edited by Hopejoy; 04-02-2019, 11:06 PM.

Comment

• gaston xknuckles

​​​​​​​Thank you very much!

Comment

• How soon do you get details on EOD?
        I EOD July 8 San Francisco but want to book a room in advance so it’s cheaper.
        when I got the call the lady said as your time approaches you get more information

Comment

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          everyone i seen get one was 2 weeks before EOD, the port director for DFW told me they shoot for 3 weeks however most go out at 2 weeks

• bonds525
          bonds525 commented
          Editing a comment
          douglasgene1 damn that’s horrible, gives you little time to book things and prepare

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well you know you got your eod, go a head and book. Don't wait till last minute

• Hey guys got an update for 3-11-2019....
        Passed my polygraph, background, SI, etc.

Medical came back and said I need to submit a waiver due to corrected vision? Anyone wearing glasses that can't see anything more than a "finger count" without them passed the medical review board? What do you guys think? Should I waiver or not?
        Last edited by Calitown; 03-11-2019, 02:07 PM.

Comment

• xknuckles
          xknuckles commented
          Editing a comment
          Were you not able to read the letters on the chart?

• standtheman
          standtheman commented
          Editing a comment
          my previous app was 18-11 and i failed my eyes exam because i could not see anything after i take off my glasses. They sent me an email stated that i can waiver it if i am currently work as a law enforcement otherwise i have to re-apply again. so i did lasik right away and re apply again right after i done lasik.

• gaston
          gaston commented
          Editing a comment
          After my inital medical, I had to go to the my own eye doctor for another eval. Then i received an email saying-"basically you blind, why should we hire you" I then completed the medical waiver and had to write a letter and turn in evals from my current agency.

If you dont waiver, then you more than likely will not get considered for the position. And they do accept your waiver, i am pretty certain you file goes back to the bottom. lol

• Calitown
          Calitown commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you guys for the advice. Yes I am currently in a civilian law enforcement agency. So CBP is wanting performance evals from my agency along with a written statement on why I should be hired correct?
          And no, I could barely read the biggest letter on the chart without my glasses or contacts lol...Yea my vision is pretty bad.

• Rerang, just curious to why you picked Boston. I'm from there and moved to Texas. To liberal for my likes.

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I love Maine. If you hate lots of people then you'll hate Boston. You can't even move there. Maine is beautiful though. I live North of dfw. Closer to Oklahoma. So not a lot of people. My city has 4,000 people surrounded by lakes.

• rergang3
          rergang3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hal29 I went to Boston this past summer and while there may be a good amount of people, it just doesn't compare to here. The people issue is just more exhausted when I combine it with the scenery I guess. It's hard to go from living right near Lake Michigan and then being over 8 hours away from the ugly beaches of TX haha. I'm north DFW too, but I just have never been a fan. Then there's the weather of course. My thing has always been it's easier to warm up than cool down. Plus I enjoy ice fishing. Not much of that down here. Thanks for the input tho!

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol. Nothing wrong with Crystal beach. But hear it lacks a lot of scenery. My little girl does rodeo and we like to camp and hike a lot in Colorado and Oklahoma. Thus the reason I'm going to Arizona. I left the north because I was sick of the cold....lol. after 22 years of playing hockey I was done. I moved here in 2011. My wife is also from texas.

• rergang3
          rergang3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hal29 Yea I had the same thoughts about the cold when I lived there too haha. Not quite missing it this winter tho! Arizona will be solid!

• I’m 18-3 applicant and I was thinking about reapplying to a new DH announcement for gs 9, does everything just carry over and if both applications will run concurrently together. Just trying to speeds thing up cause I’m still waiting for a poly date after 6 months.

Comment

• I would love to have dfw as I live here. It would save on money and travel. But I'm dh.

Comment

• CBPO-DFW
            CBPO-DFW commented
            Editing a comment
            R u a current LEO & how far have you gone with the CBP hiring process?

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            no I'm not a current leo. I work for the state. I am just waiting on adjudication. You a current leo?

• My buddies application status on USA job says “reviewed” your application has been reviewed but no determination has been made.

Comment

• Anyone know if you fly out to academy after EOD or if you get to go home for the weekend?

Comment

• merlin436
              merlin436 commented
              Editing a comment
              One, ask your port to schedule you so your weekend falls on the days preceding your academy travel day so you can travel home. Two, ask your port to book you a flight from your home town instead of your port town so you can avoid traveling back to your port.

Now, maybe they'll accommodate you and maybe not...especially if that flight out of your home town costs more than the one out of your port town. It's worth an asking though.

• boconnor
              boconnor commented
              Editing a comment
              Some ports are accommodating some aren't. When I came back they told me to use whatever leave I wanted. That was when I was still under post academy. As far as your schedule my port does m-f 8 to 4 during pre and post academy. No over time until your primary certified. Then you get baggage certified. Than months later secondary

• Guteks
              Guteks commented
              Editing a comment
              well, since SF is pretty far from my home, I’ll be preparing to go from Academy back to port immediately. Hopefully during the last weeks of academy I can score a place to live and move in right when I get back to SF

• bonds525
              bonds525 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks all
              Guteks yea I’m gonna get a room or an app while in the academy, I’m about 400-500 miles from SF now

• Coincidence or not, I FINALLY got the Tentative Selection email... a month after the NOR. Why I call it a coincidence is because yesterday I emailed if there was some hold up and then today I tested for TSA and passed. TSA already has me going in one day and then CBP sends the email haha. Anyway, I can finally start this long process.

Comment

• LMC
              LMC commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice dude! good luck with both applications!

• rergang3
              rergang3 commented
              Editing a comment
              LMC thank you!

• Does anybody remember how they received their appointment notification for the PFT? Email or by phone call?

I have submitted Eqip, Completed SI and Medical.

however, have yet to receive notification of a date for my fitness test.

19-4 VRA
            Completing the process out of the Orange County/Los Angeles area.

Comment

• douglasgene1
              douglasgene1 commented
              Editing a comment
              i got a call, when talking to them i received a email. This is just what happened to me, what i have learned is nothing is the same for anyone in this federal application process lol

• LMC
              LMC commented
              Editing a comment
              douglasgene1 appreciate it!

• mobyfish
              mobyfish commented
              Editing a comment
              Everything for me was email. I selected the day I was available and they emailed me with an appointment like one or two days later.

• Carlos Gonzalez
              Carlos Gonzalez commented
              Editing a comment
              I got an email and a phone call

• Holy crap! I just got the polygraph call and test at the end of the month. What a long process this has been!

Comment

• txm44
              txm44 commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats.... what application are you? Was number blocked?

• Elgin_87
              Elgin_87 commented
              Editing a comment
              Congratulations! Krash777 I still haven't heard a thing. Let me know how it goes though... best of luck!

• TESLA3
              TESLA3 commented
              Editing a comment
              what is the phone number when they called you? Good Luck!

• Monkey12582
              Monkey12582 commented
              Editing a comment
              Same here. Got call for poly after 7 months from SI. mine is on April 1. April fool. Lol

• Originally posted by LMC View Post
            Does anybody remember how they received their appointment notification for the PFT? Email or by phone call?

I have submitted Eqip, Completed SI and Medical.

however, have yet to receive notification of a date for my fitness test.

19-4 VRA
            Completing the process out of the Orange County/Los Angeles area.
            Mine was through email and a calI. take mine this friday. Have not been contacted about the SI yet.
            19-4 DH out of SoCal
            Last edited by Anthony_525; 03-12-2019, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• I talked to a family member today and they said that someone call inquiring on how my investigator did his job. Has anyone experienced this? If so is it a good thing or bad? I am thinking it is OPR.

Comment

• Countryrunner
                Countryrunner commented
                Editing a comment
                Ive had the same thing happen. Not sure what did/will come out of it..

• txm44 thanks and I am 17-10. Also, the number wasn’t blocked.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12072 users online. 442 members and 11630 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X