Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Completed my second polygraph for the second time and passed for the second time yesterday the 8th. This time they told me they submitted everything already so I passed 100% so I should be in hearing from the BI soon!

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      You said your 2nd poly? Who else did you poly for?

• CBPO.BPJ
      CBPO.BPJ commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 same poly test for CBP, they made me retake it. I started back in March of 2018 (1 year ago)

• CBPO.BPJ
      CBPO.BPJ commented
      Editing a comment
      My progress so far...

Applied-03/30/18
      Exam-4/3/2018
      NOR-4/12/18
      Tentative Selection Letter-4/20/18
      Eqip Rejected-5/2/18
      Medical-5/3/18
      PFFT-5/3/18
      Eqip NOR to OPR-5/4/18
      PFFT Passed- 5/5/18
      Medical Passed- 5/19/18
      SI-6/14/2018
      SI Passed-6/15/2018
      Polygraph scheduled-11/9/18
      Polygraph Verbally PASSED- 11/9/18
      Retake Polygraph Scheduled for 1/7/2019- on 12/16/2018 but canceled due to shutdown
      Rescheduled Polygraph on 2/26/2019- Scheduled for 3/4/2019
      Polygraph canceled and rescheduled on 2/28/2019- Scheduled for 3/6/2019
      Polygraph canceled and rescheduled on 3/1/2019- Scheduled for 3/8/2019
      Polygraph Verbally PASSED and GUARANTEED 100% according to examiner as they stated they submitted my info- 3/8/2019

CASS APP-50%

Poly-Pending
      BI-In Progress
      Drug-In Progress
      Final Offer-Pending

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you had to retake the poly for a 2nd it means you didn't pass the 1st one. Your 1st one was inconclusive. But damn you had a lot of cancellations. I took the poly twice as well.

• 19-2

Still sitting at 38%.

NOR: 12/2018
    Tentative Selection for GS-5: 12/2018
    Turned in EQIP: 02/2019 (In Progress)
    SI: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
    Medical: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
    PFT-1: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)

Surprised how fast my medical got cleared, seems to be a common problem for others. Took about 2 days after my medical for it to turn green and completed on the app.

Had a overall productive February... still waiting on EQIP to be sent to OPR though.
    Last edited by SPX; 03-10-2019, 12:55 AM.
    CBPO 19-2
    @ 50%

NOR: 12/2018
    Tentative Selection for GS-5: 12/2018
    Turned in EQIP: 02/2019
    SI: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
    Medical: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
    PFT-1: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
    Resubmit EQIP: 03/2019
    EQIP Sent To OPR: 03/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)

Comment

• David1984
      David1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      19-2

Same as me at 38% but unlike you I’m one of the unlucky that still waiting to for my medical to clear that I took in 12/18. I have no medical problems even the nurse and the doctor said that I was perfect on eye and vision. So I have no idea why my medical hasn’t been clears yet.

• SPX
      SPX commented
      Editing a comment
      David1984 How long did it take to release your EQIP to OPR and go green? It's been over a month since I turned it in and no updates yet.

• Hey how are you other 18-8 guys and gals doing so far? I’ve got my fingers crossed right now hoping that I submitted enough info to prove that I don’t have sleep apnea any more and that I’m in great shape to be cleared medically.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      you are stuck at medical review? good luck man, @luckyjack90
      Im 18-8 and still waiting for poly...

• txm44
      txm44 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m 18-3 and have been waiting for poly scheduling for quite some time. Med review is a pain but keep an eye on it cause when I finally got cleared it was just on cass no notification via email or anything.

• Hey guys and gals, I've been at this for a year and I keep hearing from current or prior CBPO that they make over $100,000 a year even being below GS 13. I was wondering if you can tell me if this is true or not. I've been with my mind set that i will be taking a huge pay cut and it has had me worry but I'm willing to take the risk, but I will definitely not mind if I didn't have to take a pay cut as my wife works also and if I get in this job my wife will have to resign and lose her $60,000 salary and that not including what ever pay cut I will be taking if I join as a GS 7. I just read this down below from a prior CBPO on Glassdoor.. please let me know if anyone has information, oh and yes for those who wants to know, my current salary is $62,500 which is a total with my wife and mine $122,500 a year..

I worked at US Customs and Border Protection full-time

Pros

The job has ample opportunity for overtime. I left as a gs 11 step 5. I made well over $100,000 a year. In addition to the pay and benefits, I felt that I made a difference in my community. I intercepted numerous narcotics and alien smuggling attempts.

Cons

Long hours away from family. Last minute notice of overtime after working a full 8 hour shift.

Comment

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      CBPO.BPJ what don't you try to get Miami airport or something in FL. Because if you want to swap or move out of AZ you going to have a hard time. Just my 2 cents. MIA (Miami Airport) has ton of OT as well.

• CBPO.BPJ
      CBPO.BPJ commented
      Editing a comment
      d2ep I haven't seen any opening for miami

• boconnor
      boconnor commented
      Editing a comment
      Miami is a hard port to get into. A lot of senior guys want to transfer there. So is FLL and Tampa

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      CBPO.BPJ hmmm They were offering couple of months ago, maybe its all filled up.

• 19-4

Medical seems to be going faster for the more recent applicants.

I had my medical appt on 3/1 and my CASS went green check mark today on 3/10.

so far I have submitted EQIP
    completed SI
    Completed medical

Waiting for PFT appointment date.

my process is out of Los Angeles

Comment

• Anyone here is currently active as a CBPO within Dallas/Fort Worth area? Got a few questions!!!

Comment

• mudboned
        mudboned commented
        Editing a comment
        VRA here and hoping to get DFW as well!

• CBPO-DFW
        CBPO-DFW commented
        Editing a comment
        mudboned - R u a current LE here around DFW area & how far have you gone within ur hiring process with CBP?

• mudboned
        mudboned commented
        Editing a comment
        CBPO-DFW I am not, I currently live in Chicago. I'm at 38% waiting for poly date.

• CBPO-DFW
        CBPO-DFW commented
        Editing a comment
        What really triggers u to have the desire to come to DFW area?

• Hello all,

My PT for CBPO is coming up on Tuesday the 12th, any advice on the step-test? I've been training of course lol

This is my progress, thus far it's been moving quickly. Still at 0% though.

GS-9 19-3:

Applied-12/30/18
      Exam-Exempt
      NOR-2/06/19
      Tentative Selection Letter-2/7/19
      E-quip Self-reject & re-submit-2/15/19
      E-quip pending review-2/19/19
      Medical-2/20/19 (additional review for back 2/22/19, no update)
      Polygraph Reciprocity Request Released to OPR-2/21/19
      PFFT-3/12/19

Comment

• gaston
        gaston commented
        Editing a comment
        Dont stress it. When i did it, they even had a counter to keep you in step. Simple

• xknuckles
        xknuckles commented
        Editing a comment
        Don’t even think about it, it’s a breeze. You just follow the audio tape

• Benjamin.C
        Benjamin.C commented
        Editing a comment
        I got the verbal pass! The test was fairly easy, just train.

• So do y’all think the polygraph scheduling date is determined by your announcement, your current location, or maybe a combination of both?

Comment

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        by region i mean how may poly admins are assigned to that particular region..too many variables..i say try to forget about the process until they contact you

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        i couldnt imagine applying in like New York, i can only imagine how many people apply.

• Luckyjack90
        Luckyjack90 commented
        Editing a comment
        douglasgene1 Well hopefully my region, Lubbock TX, won’t be too crowded.
        Last edited by Luckyjack90; 03-13-2019, 11:09 AM.

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think you are good lol i had my SI in Lubbock for BPA, it was set up a months after i applied for VRA-GS9 . CBPO for DFW took 6 months for their SI. I know its not poly, however it would give me better hope lol

• Unless I'm called for a second polygraph, I'm done for the next 2 years. I'm not even upset though.
      I would rather fail the polygraph being truthful than admit to something I didn't do just to continue the process.
      Integrity means everything, fellas. Cheers!
      CBPO 18-11
      Preferred Duty Location: El Paso, TX
      5/04/18: Exam
      5/09/18: NOR
      6/29/18: Fitness Test
      6/29/18: Medical Evaluation
      7/02/18: Fitness Cleared
      7/05/18: Medical Cleared
      7/13/18: E-QIP Submitted
      8/07/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added FS-545)
      8/13/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added Documentation of Mother's Citizenship)
      8/15/18: E-QIP Released to OPR
      8/15/18: Structured Interview & Fingerprints
      3/10/19: Polygraph

Drug Test: Pending

Comment

• ajs0922
        ajs0922 commented
        Editing a comment
        Did he tell you that you failed or did he say that he was unable to collect enough data for that section ? Either way it sounds like they will be calling you for a second one. With me he told me that he was able to collect data but didn’t seem like enough and he told me “ as your examiner I believe you passed but do not be surprised if they call your to redo it at the end OPR is the final say if it is good or not” just hang in there my first time the lady flat out and said you failed and was a @&$! about it too. But this time around way better experience.

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        bro you shouldnt have done **** but get rest why did you run a 1.5 before you got there?..you failed yourself bro...you probably would've passed if you didnt run beforehand...DOH!!

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        What!!!! You should not do anything but get a good night sleep and a breakfast be poly. It is a long day. You shouldn't of had run before. Oh boy.

• Tremellio
        Tremellio commented
        Editing a comment
        Evolution81 Hal29 I ran the day before. A good night's rest went out the window when the administrator moved my poly from 9Am to 8 AM and scheduled me to take it an hour away from the crib... and daylights savings took an hour from me lol I got off work at 8 the night before. stuff happens. Hey, the human body is a machine that is constantly moving. Your muscles never stop contracting as blood pumps through. The guy said my *** muscles started contracting at the end.. I mean, I feel like that normal after sitting for 5 hours lol

• Anyone on her currently at the academy or have an EOD coming soon that can comment?
      I was curious if any of those that had elected to continue in Provisional Clear status, if you had met with your BI prior to going to EOD?
      Did you get EOD while the background was still being done? Or EOD in the process of the background

Thanks
      18-3
      Apply-12/30/17
      Exam-1/9/2018
      NOR-1/24/18
      Tentative Selection Letter-2/8/18
      Eqip Submission-2/12/18
      Medical-2/20/18-
      PFFT-3/1
      Release EQIP to OPR-3/16/18
      SI-4/23/2018
      Passed SI-4/24/2018
      Request for more Medical Info-5/16/2018
      Emailed CBPMedical with more information-6/6/2018
      Passed Medical-11/1/2018

CASS-50%

Comment

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        i did not receive a provisional clearance...but my background cleared in 1.5 months so it was no biggie...i eod in may

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Evolution your lucky. 1.5 months. Mine has been going on forever...lol.

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        hal im as shocked as you were..i thought it would take forever

• So as far as finding a place to live after graduation; do they help you find a place to live in your duty location or do you find a place during academy? I’ll be in San Francisco and I know for a fact I won’t be able to afford a place there.

Comment

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        lol bro really?...you gotta be a big boy find your own spot as a rookie...lol...they aint finding nothing for you...I suggest you air bnb until you find a spot
        Last edited by Evolution81; 03-10-2019, 04:14 PM.

• bonds525
        bonds525 commented
        Editing a comment
        Evolution81 haha I know, San Fran ain’t a joke, there’s a reason they have a critical need lol

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        man i know.... aint no way in hell i would take a communist cali spot..LOL..you're a brave man

• boconnor
        boconnor commented
        Editing a comment
        You actually need a place for your few weeks of pre academy as well.

• Anyone with a start date in June?

Comment

• No not yet waiting for SI and Poly? Where is your EOD? Where did you take your SI?

Comment

• Can someone advise after the academy in Glynco, is the 35-37 weeks follow on training at the port you’re going to work? Or just continued at Glynco?
          USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
          Oorah!

Comment

• Evolution81
            Evolution81 commented
            Editing a comment
            Port........

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            i believe post academy is your fto.

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            The 30 training day Spanish training, if you need to attend it, is at Glynco. As is the 89 training day basic academy. Pre-academy and post-academy training is at your port.

• boconnor
            boconnor commented
            Editing a comment
            The 35-37 week post academy depending on the port does not take that long.

• Deleted....
          Last edited by vtruy; 09-30-2019, 11:01 AM.

Comment

• rergang3
            rergang3 commented
            Editing a comment
            vtruy this is so discouraging for me haha. Still waiting on that tentative selection email after receiving my NOR on the 13th. Yikes... Congrats tho!

• vtruy
            vtruy commented
            Editing a comment
            Deleted....
            Last edited by vtruy; 09-30-2019, 11:02 AM.

• rergang3
            rergang3 commented
            Editing a comment
            vtruy I mean I guess? Maybe because I'm in Texas and applying for a position in Boston. Who knows... I figured I might as well start the TSA process for Boston because this could take a while haha

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3996 users online. 195 members and 3801 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X