Congrats man, Evolution81

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Appreciate it bro

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Evolution congrats man. It has been a long time coming. Must be excited. Finally!!!!!

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Appreciate it !!

• 22 months later and just got the call
    im going to be in San Francisco since that’s the duty location I chose when I applied, I can go elsewhere but would need to re apply to a different job post.
    EOD JULY 8
    Academy July 22- November 26

Comment

• LMC
      LMC commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice bro! congrats!

• Guteks
      Guteks commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! We have the same dates and duty location.

• bonds525
      bonds525 commented
      Editing a comment
      Guteks we gotta get in touch

• O_rod86
      O_rod86 commented
      Editing a comment
      same here! congrats !

• This thread is far more active than the BP agent thread. Anyways im 19-4 for BPA and enjoy reading your guys's progress.

Comment

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      BPA was faster for me, BPA was the whole reason my application moved. Plus the Academy dates were way closer. they called me after thanksgiving and told me January was the academy.

• Chell9885
      Chell9885 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello, I am also on the BPA DH 19-4. Did you do the fast track program?

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was not, i was VRA and Regular announcement

• Anthony_525
      Anthony_525 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m also 19-4. Wish I would have known about the fast track. I have done my test, medical, e-QIP, and have my fitness next week.

• Quick question, so if I were to move out of state who would I have to contact about updating my information? I’m still in the process of getting my BI cleared so would they have to send an investigator out again to talk to my new neighbors and co-workers? I’m curious as to how it would work.

Comment

• ajs0922
      ajs0922 commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with V_AntCBP I used to work as a background investigator and if you move out of state and they haven’t interviewed you yet then they have to assign an investigator in the area you are in and hope that the area has investigator if not they have someone go TDY to do your interview to include your residence check and other information too. This can delay you a good amount of time if you can’t delay the move then just make sure that your investigator knows which could help by adding it to your file and if they interviewed you already it may be ok.

• Srhernza115
      Srhernza115 commented
      Editing a comment
      ajs0922 I already met with my background investigator and gave him all my information. He also already met with all my references and contacts. My background was submitted one November. I think it would be kind of useless opening my case up again and going out to interview my new coworkers and neighbors since they won’t have much to say about me, no?

• ajs0922
      ajs0922 commented
      Editing a comment
      Srhernza115 if all that was done than you should be fine at that point it is pointless. I would just advise your investigator Incase if they need to follow up with you for any information.

• Srhernza115
      Srhernza115 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the advice! I’ll make sure to get in touch with my BI and see what he says.

• I think the best strategy after the SI is to forget you ever applied.

Comment

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      yup. like how i am now... i just try to forget i am applying for this until new email come lol... i used to check the cass everything but not anymore now lol...

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      after SI, hit the gym, start training, running, lol, forget about the application...or you will drive yourself nut.... I've been nut for 7 months and counting...smh

• Originally posted by Maddoxthe13th View Post
    Are there any 19-1 here? I’m currently waiting on my poly. I took my SI on December 15th

I am 19-1 waiting on my medical to clear just took my SI because I had to reschedule. Waiting on drug, poly, update my equip,

Comment

• At my SI, the BPA agents did say that the process was slowed down because of the shutdown but that it should be picking speed back up. He said the average hire time is 8 - 14 months and they are trying to get lower than that..... He did say it took him 20 months to be hired 8 years ago.

CBPO 19-1
      CBPO (44%)
      Eqip: done
      PFT1: 11/08/2018
      Medical: 10/30/2018
      SI: 12/11/2018
      Poly: not scheduled

BPA 19-1
      BPA (44%):
      SI: 03/05/2019
      Poly: not scheduled

MIA (waiting on referral)
      CBPO 15-6 **3 yr recall w/ Military***
      SI: 12/11/2018
      Poly: 4/15/2019
      Poly 2: 5/22/2019
      Poly 2 Check: 5/30/2019
      Drug Screen: 06/05/2019
      BI (initial email): 06/10/2019
      BI Meet: 06/24/2019
      PFT2: 06/26/2019
      Final Call: 07/08/2019 **turned down for GS9**

CBPO 19-9
      Referred: 07/03/2019
      Eqip / Medical / SI / Poly check: 07/09/2019
      PFT1 / Drug Test check: 07/18/2019
      BI check: 10/15/2019
      Final Call: 08/30/2019 (Gs9 SEA-TAC)
      EOD: 11/15/2019

Comment

• Delete——————
      Last edited by MrAce; 03-08-2019, 11:22 AM. Reason: Double

Comment

• 18-9 here still waiting on Polly. Question, anyone here ever apply for BOP (Federal Correction Officer)? What’s the hiring process like for them? They seem to recruit a lot. Anyone know anything about them?

Comment

• Camelbak
          Camelbak commented
          Editing a comment
          Depends on the facility, but for me, start to finish was about six months. You'll go and do a test, interview, and if you pass they'll also fingerprint you and start your e-QIP. You'll come back later for the medical and drug test. Once that clears, you'll start working. They do your background while you are working, so you don't have to wait for it to clear to start. Within six months of starting you'll go to FLETC for the academy, it's only about a month and it's not difficult.

BOP is a good way to get your foot in the door, it's why I did it. However, the pay is really lacking compared to other FLEO. You'll start off either GL-5/6 and only go to 7 noncompetitive. If you want your 8 you have to compete. Once you get your 8, you are stuck there unless you want to do supervisor roles or other specialties.
          Last edited by Camelbak; 03-08-2019, 05:10 PM.

• Rmodel1965
          Rmodel1965 commented
          Editing a comment
          Current bop here. I went in as a gl5. 3.5 years in I have my ws08 now for a year and a half. Equalivent to about an gs 11 step 6 in pay. The nice thing about going to the bop. With one year in the bop you can bq for the gs9 cbp announcement.

I applied for the bop went to a high security pen. They hire a lot esp a FCC they have multiple prisons in one location ex FCC Pollock, Beaumont

Hiring process was done in one day at my location start to finish and I was given a conditional offer and started about a month and a half later. I'm currently on my 3rd duty station. With the bop you can live in about 122 different locations

• DP23
          DP23 commented
          Editing a comment
          You don't need experience to work BOP? Camelbak Rmodel1965

• Rmodel1965
          Rmodel1965 commented
          Editing a comment
          Gl5 is 3 years of general work experience to bq

• Anyone else reporting to FLETC July 1? Or any people going to/at Chicago POE?

Comment

• E1420
          E1420 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ll see you there 7/1 , I’m going to Laredo though.

• radsavage
          radsavage commented
          Editing a comment
          were you announcement 18-5 or 6?

• Anthony_525 Seriously? What announcement are you? Congrats on getting your medical cleared so fast, but what the beep.

Comment

• SmokeScreen07 Anthony_525 My thoughts exactly. I'm also 19-4 and I've been waiting almost a month just to get the tentative selection to start! There's no reason for me not to at least get that based on qualifications and test score. Then there's this guy who's literally blowing me out of the water haha

Comment

• Got the call!!!!!!!!
            Eod 5/28/19
            fletc 6/13- 10/18/19
            N.O. Louisiana
            Last edited by Evolution81; 03-08-2019, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• dannyboy33
              dannyboy33 commented
              Editing a comment
              oh man congrats! I have been watching your progress. I hope I get my background started soon sheesh.

• Evolution81
              Evolution81 commented
              Editing a comment
              thanx bro..its been a loong process man talk about hurdles ..i deserve it!..LOL

• raudy06
              raudy06 commented
              Editing a comment
              congrats man!!

• Originally posted by rergang3 View Post
            SmokeScreen07 Anthony_525 My thoughts exactly. I'm also 19-4 and I've been waiting almost a month just to get the tentative selection to start! There's no reason for me not to at least get that based on qualifications and test score. Then there's this guy who's literally blowing me out of the water haha
            SmokeScreen07 I am announcement 19-4. Did you get your NOR/notice for referral yet? I got my tentative selection the day after recovering my NOR/ notice of referral.
            im surprised the medical cleared so fast, I don’t have any real medical history, but there were a few injuries I documented on there.

Comment

• standtheman
              standtheman commented
              Editing a comment
              nice with medical got cleared so fast. i did lasik and they have me wait for 3 months to re test it. and next monday will be my 3rd month after lasik. hopefully they will put me into the eyes exam again.

• rergang3
              rergang3 commented
              Editing a comment
              Anthony_525 Yes. I received it on 2/13/19 and have gotten nothing since. I was told to wait, but it's pretty stupid to wait this long just to get things rolling

• SmokeScreen07
              SmokeScreen07 commented
              Editing a comment
              Anthony_525 Are you DH or Regular?. That's really surprising they cleared you so fast, after mentioning multiple injuries, I take it your injuries were minor?. Either way congrats and good luck, you seem to be moving pretty quickly with your application.

• xknuckles
              xknuckles commented
              Editing a comment
              Jeez I’m 19-3 and about 3 weeks in after my medical still waiting for clearance

• N.N. How did your polygraph go?!
            CBPO 18-11
            Preferred Duty Location: El Paso, TX
            5/04/18: Exam
            5/09/18: NOR
            6/29/18: Fitness Test
            6/29/18: Medical Evaluation
            7/02/18: Fitness Cleared
            7/05/18: Medical Cleared
            7/13/18: E-QIP Submitted
            8/07/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added FS-545)
            8/13/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added Documentation of Mother's Citizenship)
            8/15/18: E-QIP Released to OPR
            8/15/18: Structured Interview & Fingerprints
            3/10/19: Polygraph

Drug Test: Pending

Comment

• Hopejoy
              Hopejoy commented
              Editing a comment
              Deleted...
              Last edited by Hopejoy; 04-02-2019, 11:09 PM.

• Evolution81
              Evolution81 commented
              Editing a comment
              *Crickets ...I assume my man 50 Grand AKA N.N failed the poly ..smh...if he passed he would've posted in every forum as soon as he got out

• Hopejoy
              Hopejoy commented
              Editing a comment
              Deleted...
              Last edited by Hopejoy; 04-02-2019, 11:08 PM.

• Evolution81
              Evolution81 commented
              Editing a comment
              Sending positive vibes to tremellio ...hopefully he passes...NN will literally complain every other day about the process but when he fails he is quieter then a church mouse..:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D...I guess karma is a mutha since he got me temp banned from the forum awhile back
              Last edited by Evolution81; 03-10-2019, 03:20 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10119 users online. 370 members and 9749 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X