300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning ,

One question, what does your announcement code i.e. 19-3 actually mean?

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s when you applied, there’s typically a new announcement each month. The first number is the fiscal year, the second number is whatever that announcement is in the year. For example, 19-3 is the third announcement posted for fiscal year 2019.

• Benjamin.C
      Benjamin.C commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay, thank you. Although that's strange since I applied in December of 2018.

*Edit: Apparently, I need to read up on my finance; the fiscal year 2019 includes December 2018.
      Last edited by Benjamin.C; 03-04-2019, 03:28 AM.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Fiscal years start on October 01st and run through September 30th. In the case of December 2018, it's actually the third month of fiscal year 2019.

• C-Mo
      C-Mo commented
      Editing a comment
      Deleted...
      Last edited by C-Mo; 03-26-2019, 09:49 PM.

• hal. What’s up bro have you heard anything ???

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing yet. Going on 18 months.

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah 20 months lol. He has had 1 job the last 7 years and lived with his parents ( 1 address his whole life ) and it still took 20 months

• I’m a ninja
      I’m a ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      They offered him ariz but he told him he would rather stay in Texas so the only option they have him in Texas was Brownsville so he took it

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      So it seems as though Texas ports are filling up fast. When I applied they were offering 5 ports in Texas alone. Now they are only offering only one?

• drug test tomorrow...Its HAPPENING ...end of the road for me folks ....1.5 year process....it was long at times and arduous...but all worth it at the end...its always good to have options...no such thing as good luck..so i wish the good ones on here much success and positive vibes and some damn PATIENCE in the process

Comment

• sixfour
      sixfour commented
      Editing a comment
      my background will be a nightmare to clear (nothing criminal)....

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m just gonna go with the fact that this process is time consuming. I got so excited when I started getting schedule for the steps but now gathering everyone’s time frames, no such thing as a fast process

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats. Waiting for my turn.

• Hopejoy
      Hopejoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Deleted...
      Last edited by Hopejoy; 04-02-2019, 10:11 PM.

• Originally posted by Evolution81 View Post
    drug test tomorrow...Its HAPPENING ...end of the road for me folks ....1.5 year process....it was long at times and arduous...but all worth it at the end...its always good to have options...no such thing as good luck..so i wish the good ones on here much success and positive vibes and some damn PATIENCE in the process
    no not a short list at all....eqip saves your last time you did a background.(13 year fed).all you have to do is update the list...i travel out the country every year lived in multiple states..etc...my suggestion is make sure you do everything concerning the BI in a timely manner...if they ask for it accommodate them the investigators are there to help you most times and they want to submit your stuff as fast as possible

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Met my investigator September 4th 2018.

• Finally got refered to TSU

Comment

• Nousername1
      Nousername1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome congrats. Nice seeing some movement.

• Hopejoy
      Hopejoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Deleted...
      Last edited by Hopejoy; 04-02-2019, 10:11 PM.

• bonds525
      bonds525 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hopejoy back in August

• O_rod86
      O_rod86 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice!! Slowly we all make our way through.

• Hi guys I just finish my si today and was told I passed, Unlike most people my pft-1 got delayed so I'm taking it next week, The recruiter told me to prepare for the long wait for the polygraph, around 4-6 months. How long did it take everyone else on average for the polygraph? Thanks

Comment

• Hopejoy
      Hopejoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Deleted...
      Last edited by Hopejoy; 04-02-2019, 10:10 PM.

• Nousername1
      Nousername1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I took the PFT-1 and medical mid May, SI mid June and Poly mid September 2018.
      Last edited by Nousername1; 03-04-2019, 08:49 PM.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      everyone timeline is different, it has been about 7 months since my SI and still nada....

• zachariah I was wondering which announcement are you from and are you trying to get to JFK. I’m in 19-2 I am waiting to have my SI scheduled and then I guess they schedule you for the poly.

Comment

• zachariah
      zachariah commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm 19-3 and yes I'm trying to get JFK as well! I had my si scheduled immediately, before my medical and pft as a matter of fact

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      zachariah what % are you at right now in your cass. my is stop at 38% for more than 1 month now. and i am 19-3 too.

• 19-4 here. So I took the entrance exam on 2-2-19 and passed. Got my NOR on 2-13-19. I have received nothing since. My application status still says referred, but I would imagine I would have been told by now what to do next. How long should I wait before emailing someone about it? I feel like all the other timelines I've seen, people heard back rather quickly about what to do next. Yes, I know I'm in for the long haul, but it would at least be encouraging to get the next steps of what I should do, ya know?

Comment

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      cbradshaw310 did you get any email from them to moving on to the next step? my medical is still show under reviewing for more than 1 month already.

• cbradshaw310
      cbradshaw310 commented
      Editing a comment
      standtheman Nope, still waiting since 12/24. Hopefully it will come through soon, I feel like an addict checking my app status all the time. haha

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      cbradshaw310 hahaha. i am checking once a day... seem it will take forever for us to complete it. LOL

• rergang3
      rergang3 commented
      Editing a comment
      cbradshaw310 Yea, I get that. I just feel like it's taking long just to get that selected email. I meet all the criteria, so I'm not sure what delay there would be. Oh well

• Day 549 in the hiring process (Used a day counter off google). Waiting on a polygraph date still. Congrats on all of you the speed right through!

Comment

• Elgin_87
      Elgin_87 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm right here with you Krash777 Checking my emails daily. Seeing that people putting gin their application behind mine and getting offers is a little discomforting. But it is what it is. October 2017

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      hell i was sept 17 just took my drug test and filled out my of306

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      im 18-3, December 2017, eager to see my BI go green.

• OKCsparrow
      OKCsparrow commented
      Editing a comment
      day 467 for me

• I think I know the answer already but none of what we do for this process carries over to other departments? i.e sheriffs department

Comment

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Not likely. Usually local agencies have their own process and will not accept anything short of security clearance with poly.

Good news though, local agencies' hiring timeline are 4 - 8 months lol. There are a few people here who have had 2 yr careers with local agencies before finishing the process for CBP and accepting an EOD.

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      I picked NYPD and CBP the two most longest processes probably haha

• DH 18-2

MOVING AGAIN! Finally... scheduled poly for next Friday. 14 months down so far in the process in total.

Comment

• Any one been to Glynco recently or know what is expected of us physically while at Glynco? Is there a fitness test that we are required to pass for the job while at Glynco? If so i assume it is the 1.5mile run, what time do I need to beat?

It says "Fitness Graduation Standards of a two timed runs, push-ups, and a sitting flexibility reach." but I was wondering if anyone had the numbers! Thanks!
    Last edited by Achyuta; 03-05-2019, 03:49 AM. Reason: Added more info

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Website says 15:55 or at least did.

• OKCsparrow
      OKCsparrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Just checked. Website says 15 mins or less

• cepstein93
      cepstein93 commented
      Editing a comment
      that 15:55 was for the now defunct PFT2, the FGS is 15 min or less...they will fail you if you get 15:01 on the final one

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      15 mins or less. That is a pretty quick time. Gotta start training even harder. Gotta be hard chasing people down to stamp that passport or visa.

• It has been a long process and this is my second time applying but here is my time line.
    4/9/18 Applied
    4/27/18 NOR
    5/4/18. Tentative Selected
    5/8/18. EQIP
    5/17/18. EQIP rejection
    5/18/18. EQIP rejection
    5/22/18. EQIP released
    5/22/18. Medical and PFT 1
    6/18/18. SI
    6/19/18. SI results passed
    7/16/18. Additional medical info requested
    7/27/18. Additional medical info received
    8/2018. Medical cleared
    12/11/18. Emailed with poly schedule 12/18/18
    12/18/18. Poly exam (messed up on one section)
    2/1/19. Emailed to redo poly 2/14/19
    2/14/19. Poly # 2 passed
    2/21/19. Poly passed updated on cass
    3/4/19. Called to schedule Drug test
    3/5/19. Drug test
    ????? Background( was told it is at OPR review)have a current TS clearance.
    3/6/19 TSU
    3/7/19 Equip recertification
    ????? Final offer
    Last edited by ajs0922; 03-07-2019, 10:41 PM.

Comment

• ajs0922
      ajs0922 commented
      Editing a comment
      Evolution81 I did sign the provisional clear as I knew that my background would clear as my top secret is current. The only thing that slowed me down was the fact that by the time my medical cleared they told me that it was a 3 months wait before I would be scheduled for polygraph.
      Forgot to mention I’m VRA 18-6 and CBPO 18-7 then reapplied to 18-12.

I dont know about anyone else but I have not received any email communication since August when I reapplied for the CBPO. Got email for poly with schedule for week later but nothing saying I passed. I called the general CBP hr number and that’s when they told me that my background was already being reviewed by OPR even though I have not been contacted by investigator.

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      AJS0922 have you checked the app/CASS for your status? I tend to see mine update there before I receive any emails.

• Mkebdani
      Mkebdani commented
      Editing a comment
      Let me get this right if you dont mind. My cass shows drug test is "in progress". I have not received a call or email about scheduling one. So can I call and schedule one myself?

• ajs0922
      ajs0922 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mkebdani no you can’t call to schedule your drug test they will call you I think it just so happen that after I called to check status I was called to schedule my drug test.

Talonderiel I do but I was told that cass / app only updates once a week. I just called and the individual I spoke to stated that my application was referred to TSU for a final offer so in other words I was placed in TSU and now waiting for final offer.

• Any one on here who got “the call” going to Miami or was Miami a choice I know that in November it was a choice for the CBPO application. Just wondering since I’m close to the end what are the options that are out there.

Comment

• O_rod86
      O_rod86 commented
      Editing a comment
      I wanted Miami, was told it’s not available:/ She basically mentioned all the locations on the current post.

• So I’m at 38% on the app.

I have a green checkmark on Fitness, Medical and Structured Interview. My EQIP was the first thing that I turned in but it’s still “In Progress”.

I was wondering if I’m currently waiting for my EQIP to have a green checkmark before being scheduled a Polygraph. Or am I currently waiting to be scheduled a Polygraph right now at 38%?

When should my EQIP have a green checkmark? Is this normal?
    Last edited by SPX; 03-05-2019, 02:56 PM.
    CBPO 19-2
    @ 50%

NOR: 12/2018
    Tentative Selection for GS-5: 12/2018
    Turned in EQIP: 02/2019
    SI: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
    Medical: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
    PFT-1: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
    Resubmit EQIP: 03/2019
    EQIP Sent To OPR: 03/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      When did you apply, and when did you submit your eQip? Have you heard any updates from your case manager at all?

• SPX
      SPX commented
      Editing a comment
      N.N. I submitted it way back February 3, it was due on February 5. I haven't heard anything since, nothing from my case manager either.

My case manager should be all the way at the bottom of the first e-mail confirming to send in my EQIP before the due date correct? With the e-mail of “bibox(insert number here).cbp.dhs.gov?

If so I just sent them a e-mail asking for an update why that’s taking long to turn green. Not sure if I’m waiting for that first to turn green before even waiting for call to schedule a Polygraph.
      Last edited by SPX; 03-05-2019, 05:53 PM.

• javi87
      javi87 commented
      Editing a comment
      http://veteranresources.taonline.com...ty-clearances/

That might help answer your question. Your sf86 aka eQIP isn’t your typical background check. It’s to grant your clearance, whether it’s secret or top secret. I had one done mid 2018 after submitting my stuff June 2017 for the military. It takes time... ALOT of time. Welcome to the hurry up and wait lifestyle.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8299 users online. 357 members and 7942 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X