Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 549 in the hiring process (Used a day counter off google). Waiting on a polygraph date still. Congrats on all of you the speed right through!

Comment

• Elgin_87
      Elgin_87 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm right here with you Krash777 Checking my emails daily. Seeing that people putting gin their application behind mine and getting offers is a little discomforting. But it is what it is. October 2017

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      hell i was sept 17 just took my drug test and filled out my of306

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      im 18-3, December 2017, eager to see my BI go green.

• OKCsparrow
      OKCsparrow commented
      Editing a comment
      day 467 for me

• I think I know the answer already but none of what we do for this process carries over to other departments? i.e sheriffs department

Comment

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Not likely. Usually local agencies have their own process and will not accept anything short of security clearance with poly.

Good news though, local agencies' hiring timeline are 4 - 8 months lol. There are a few people here who have had 2 yr careers with local agencies before finishing the process for CBP and accepting an EOD.

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      I picked NYPD and CBP the two most longest processes probably haha

• DH 18-2

MOVING AGAIN! Finally... scheduled poly for next Friday. 14 months down so far in the process in total.

Comment

• Any one been to Glynco recently or know what is expected of us physically while at Glynco? Is there a fitness test that we are required to pass for the job while at Glynco? If so i assume it is the 1.5mile run, what time do I need to beat?

It says "Fitness Graduation Standards of a two timed runs, push-ups, and a sitting flexibility reach." but I was wondering if anyone had the numbers! Thanks!
    Last edited by Achyuta; 03-05-2019, 04:49 AM. Reason: Added more info

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Website says 15:55 or at least did.

• OKCsparrow
      OKCsparrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Just checked. Website says 15 mins or less

• cepstein93
      cepstein93 commented
      Editing a comment
      that 15:55 was for the now defunct PFT2, the FGS is 15 min or less...they will fail you if you get 15:01 on the final one

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      15 mins or less. That is a pretty quick time. Gotta start training even harder. Gotta be hard chasing people down to stamp that passport or visa.

• It has been a long process and this is my second time applying but here is my time line.
    4/9/18 Applied
    4/27/18 NOR
    5/4/18. Tentative Selected
    5/8/18. EQIP
    5/17/18. EQIP rejection
    5/18/18. EQIP rejection
    5/22/18. EQIP released
    5/22/18. Medical and PFT 1
    6/18/18. SI
    6/19/18. SI results passed
    7/16/18. Additional medical info requested
    7/27/18. Additional medical info received
    8/2018. Medical cleared
    12/11/18. Emailed with poly schedule 12/18/18
    12/18/18. Poly exam (messed up on one section)
    2/1/19. Emailed to redo poly 2/14/19
    2/14/19. Poly # 2 passed
    2/21/19. Poly passed updated on cass
    3/4/19. Called to schedule Drug test
    3/5/19. Drug test
    ????? Background( was told it is at OPR review)have a current TS clearance.
    3/6/19 TSU
    3/7/19 Equip recertification
    ????? Final offer
    Last edited by ajs0922; 03-07-2019, 11:41 PM.

Comment

• ajs0922
      ajs0922 commented
      Editing a comment
      Evolution81 I did sign the provisional clear as I knew that my background would clear as my top secret is current. The only thing that slowed me down was the fact that by the time my medical cleared they told me that it was a 3 months wait before I would be scheduled for polygraph.
      Forgot to mention I’m VRA 18-6 and CBPO 18-7 then reapplied to 18-12.

I dont know about anyone else but I have not received any email communication since August when I reapplied for the CBPO. Got email for poly with schedule for week later but nothing saying I passed. I called the general CBP hr number and that’s when they told me that my background was already being reviewed by OPR even though I have not been contacted by investigator.

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      AJS0922 have you checked the app/CASS for your status? I tend to see mine update there before I receive any emails.

• Mkebdani
      Mkebdani commented
      Editing a comment
      Let me get this right if you dont mind. My cass shows drug test is "in progress". I have not received a call or email about scheduling one. So can I call and schedule one myself?

• ajs0922
      ajs0922 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mkebdani no you can’t call to schedule your drug test they will call you I think it just so happen that after I called to check status I was called to schedule my drug test.

Talonderiel I do but I was told that cass / app only updates once a week. I just called and the individual I spoke to stated that my application was referred to TSU for a final offer so in other words I was placed in TSU and now waiting for final offer.

• Any one on here who got “the call” going to Miami or was Miami a choice I know that in November it was a choice for the CBPO application. Just wondering since I’m close to the end what are the options that are out there.

Comment

• O_rod86
      O_rod86 commented
      Editing a comment
      I wanted Miami, was told it’s not available:/ She basically mentioned all the locations on the current post.

• So I’m at 38% on the app.

I have a green checkmark on Fitness, Medical and Structured Interview. My EQIP was the first thing that I turned in but it’s still “In Progress”.

I was wondering if I’m currently waiting for my EQIP to have a green checkmark before being scheduled a Polygraph. Or am I currently waiting to be scheduled a Polygraph right now at 38%?

When should my EQIP have a green checkmark? Is this normal?
    Last edited by SPX; 03-05-2019, 03:56 PM.
    CBPO 19-2
    @ 50%

NOR: 12/2018
    Tentative Selection for GS-5: 12/2018
    Turned in EQIP: 02/2019
    SI: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
    Medical: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
    PFT-1: 02/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)
    Resubmit EQIP: 03/2019
    EQIP Sent To OPR: 03/2019 (Completed/Green ✓)

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      When did you apply, and when did you submit your eQip? Have you heard any updates from your case manager at all?

• SPX
      SPX commented
      Editing a comment
      N.N. I submitted it way back February 3, it was due on February 5. I haven't heard anything since, nothing from my case manager either.

My case manager should be all the way at the bottom of the first e-mail confirming to send in my EQIP before the due date correct? With the e-mail of “bibox(insert number here).cbp.dhs.gov?

If so I just sent them a e-mail asking for an update why that’s taking long to turn green. Not sure if I’m waiting for that first to turn green before even waiting for call to schedule a Polygraph.
      Last edited by SPX; 03-05-2019, 06:53 PM.

• javi87
      javi87 commented
      Editing a comment
      http://veteranresources.taonline.com...ty-clearances/

That might help answer your question. Your sf86 aka eQIP isn’t your typical background check. It’s to grant your clearance, whether it’s secret or top secret. I had one done mid 2018 after submitting my stuff June 2017 for the military. It takes time... ALOT of time. Welcome to the hurry up and wait lifestyle.

• What’s up everyone?

I am just wondering if anyone got their final letters yet with EOD dates around Apr 4th.
    DH 18-7
    5/04/18: Exam
    5/9/18: NOR
    6/11/18: Medical
    6/12/18: Fitness
    6/20/18: SI
    9/20/18: Polygraph
    9/24/18: BI cleared
    10/02/18: Drug Test
    10/02/18: TSU EMAIL
    10/03/18: Offer GS7 SWB
    EOD: Feb 22nd, 2019
    03/09/19-07/15/19 (I Turned it down)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    10/01/18:19-1 (Queens, NY)
    10/12/18: Exam
    10/23/18: NOR
    10/29/18: TSL
    11/21/18: Phone Call (JFK) EOD 04/04/19
    FLETC 4/19 - 08/23

Comment

• mobyfish
      mobyfish commented
      Editing a comment
      LMC I think there was this guy who was faster. I also think if I didn’t apply for the Poly waiver it might’ve been faster.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      looks like we are going to the same class sir, no i have not got my EOD paperwqork yet. I heard they dont send them to you until 2 weeks from start date via email

• DMC1988
      DMC1988 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you already have your background done by another federal agency? mobyfish

• mobyfish
      mobyfish commented
      Editing a comment
      DMC1988 OPM conducted a BI about a year prior, after which i got my TS/SCI fully adjudicated. If I’m not mistaken, OPM also does BI for CBP?

• Overall, how is the written exam for the GS 5 ? any advice on preparing for it?

Comment

• mobyfish
      mobyfish commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s the same exam for GS5/7 but as far as study materials go, just study the information they send you in your email once you register for the exam. It’s literally the exact same stuff.

https://www.cbp.gov/document/guides/...paration-guide
      Last edited by mobyfish; 03-05-2019, 04:26 PM. Reason: The link for the study guide.

• nj1993
      nj1993 commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you, appreciate it

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      nj1993 just study it and you will learn how to do the test... the most difficult part for me was logical reasoning test.

• Can someone tell me if these are good for the academy..
    https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/wo...pid1276374-001
    appreciate the feedback

Comment

• bonds525
      bonds525 commented
      Editing a comment
      You need some polishable boots

• javi87
      javi87 commented
      Editing a comment
      http://www.ebaystores.com/botach

Where I get some of my military gear.

• Hopejoy
      Hopejoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Deleted...
      Last edited by Hopejoy; 04-02-2019, 11:10 PM.

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      bates gtx thank me later..ive worn them for years...they last 2 years in some rough environments...waterproof...side zip not too hot in the summer...composite toe/polishable

• Question for anyone currently still active mil or guard. Has your current e-Qip helped speed up your BI or helped with the process at all?

Comment

• javi87
      javi87 commented
      Editing a comment
      Negative, even tho I applied for regular instead of VRA.....

• Alpha0556
      Alpha0556 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not in anymore but i have an active clearance. Since the clearance is DoD and not DHS, i was told by the BI it does absolutely nothing for the adjudication process with CBP....

• Talonderiel
      Talonderiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Alpha0556, well that sucks.... I hadn't heard that yet. :\

• Current timeline. These are just month and year since I don't remember the exact dates.

VRA 18-3

01/2018 Initial application
    01/2018 Test and NOR (GS5)
    01/2018 eQIP
    02/2018 Medical exam and PFT1
    02/2018 PFT1 passed
    03/2018 eQIP rejected
    03/2018 eQIP corrected and sent to OPR
    05/2018 SI with NOR (passed)
    06/2018 Further medical documentation requested (4 months after original medical exam)
    06/2018 Medical documentation received by CBPHiringMed
    03/2019 Further medical documentation requested (yes again and yes that is 9 months after I sent in original documentation)
    ?????? Final medical clearance
    ?????? Polygraph
    ?????? BI
    ?????? Drug test
    ?????? Final offer/TSU/EOD, etc.

Comment

• Luckyjack90
      Luckyjack90 commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought I had a right to complain and I’ve only been waiting 7 months since my initial medical appt. Dude you gotta call someone.

• SmokeScreen07
      SmokeScreen07 commented
      Editing a comment
      Luckyjack90 Damn man I thought I was one of the few ones still waiting, I just hit over 5 months. When I emailed them, they said they haven't even gotten to my file yet.

• gaston
      gaston commented
      Editing a comment
      18-3
      Apply-12/30/17
      Exam-1/9/2018
      NOR-1/24/18
      Tentative Selection Letter-2/8/18
      Eqip Submission-2/12/18
      Medical-2/20/18-
      PFFT-3/1
      Release EQIP to OPR-3/16/18
      SI-4/23/2018
      Passed SI-4/24/2018
      Request for more Medical Info-5/16/2018
      Emailed CBPMedical with more information-6/6/2018
      Passed Medical-11/1/2018 (Notice the 5 months in between)

CASS-50%

As you can see... I feel your pain

• Anthony_525
      Anthony_525 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow that is crazy. Reading this had me worried, but my medical just cleared today. Exactly one week from my exam day

• Senor_Davis not at all unfortunately. If you had a TS with a polygraph and still had read in than you would qualify for a poly waiver. Hal29 I am 17-10 I believe 9/1/17.

Comment

• Anyone else have any tattoos on their neck? I have small Chinese lettering below my right ear. No bigger than a square inch. I got it in 2006. My brother in law told me to consider getting it removed because BP just kicked a girl from the academy for having a tattoo on her hand.
      Last edited by Tremellio; 03-06-2019, 04:22 PM.
      CBPO 18-11
      Preferred Duty Location: El Paso, TX
      5/04/18: Exam
      5/09/18: NOR
      6/29/18: Fitness Test
      6/29/18: Medical Evaluation
      7/02/18: Fitness Cleared
      7/05/18: Medical Cleared
      7/13/18: E-QIP Submitted
      8/07/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added FS-545)
      8/13/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added Documentation of Mother's Citizenship)
      8/15/18: E-QIP Released to OPR
      8/15/18: Structured Interview & Fingerprints
      3/10/19: Polygraph

Drug Test: Pending

Comment

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        ima be truthful either cover it up or get it removed since its on your neck....plenty of vets have tattoos that are leos but they can usually cover it up.......you dont want to give them any reason to dq you...i dont believe the hand tattoo there is more to the story then that

• Tremellio
        Tremellio commented
        Editing a comment
        Evolution81 yea, I'm gonna go him up a place on Friday and start getting it lasered off.

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        The BP has their own policy with regards to tattoos. Universally, pretty much anything offensive or gang related will be an issue.

• For CBPO 19-3 people. Any news for moving on to poly guys?

Comment

• anythingicanbe
        anythingicanbe commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m 19-1 and haven’t heard anything. I know a guy who works for my agency whose been waiting about a year.

• MattCBP
        MattCBP commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm 19-3 as well, I submitted my Poly waiver and it got approved but I haven't heard anything else, have you completed your SI yet ?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4699 users online. 264 members and 4435 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X