Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do any of you know what to expect in the background investigator interview? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• JDalhoff
      JDalhoff commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s literally a meeting over your Eqip packet. The person will ask you to confirm info and get names and numbers of some more friends family co workers. Basically last chance to have all your info straight and truthful.

• Well this is my normal. Evolution81

Comment

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      bro I was there man..med took literally a year to clear ...8-9 months to reply asking for additional info....3 months acquiring all the various med papers/psychological LEO eval I had to pay out of pocket...then 2 months for med to clear...nothing moved for me until my med was cleared then 6 months later I got a poly date..LOL

• collapse
      collapse commented
      Editing a comment
      Jesus, I guess I CAN actually plan a vacation this year at least.

• Luckyjack90
      Luckyjack90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lucky. I have to wait for my medical to clear before I can take my polygraph.

• Are there any 19-1 here? I’m currently waiting on my poly. I took my SI on December 15th

Comment

• Hopejoy
      Hopejoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29, you can look that up on the announcement and it will be under how you will be evaluate.
      If you meet the minimum qualifications, you will be placed in one of three categories based on your experience and training.
      Best Qualified: Applicants possessing the type and quality of experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications.
      Well Qualified: Applicants possessing the type and quality of experience that exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position and who demonstrate average proficiency in most of the critical competencies
      Qualified: Applicants possessing the type and quality of experience that meets the minimum qualifications.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you find that under your NOR? Where do you find where you fall under?

• Hopejoy
      Hopejoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, your test score if you have taken one, and on the announcement at the top after you have submitted your application.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine doesn't say anything so I'm assuming it is new.

• How long does medical take to clear?

Comment

• collapse
      collapse commented
      Editing a comment
      It's different for everyone, I'm 7 months in.

That's with the additional paperwork they requested.

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      mines took a year! in total

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh boy. Never really had an extensive medical history besides wearing glasses

• So after 9 months since I sent in additional medical paperwork, they send me an email today asking for even more. But it's basically all the same that they requested earlier. In the email they tried to tell me that they had asked for the paperwork several months ago, which is absolutely false. I've written to my Congress representative and requested them to open a formal inquiry into the CBP hiring process. Hopefully that will light some fires and get on HR.

Comment

• collapse
      collapse commented
      Editing a comment
      Did they ever send you a confirmation that they received your additional paperwork?

• fsi1212
      fsi1212 commented
      Editing a comment
      collapse yes they did. About a day after I submitted it 9 months ago.

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Smh..I'ma tell you like this..doing stuff like this will not light a fire under them...it will basically paint you as a bugaboo...then you will wonder why they suddenly lost your paperwork

• fsi1212
      fsi1212 commented
      Editing a comment
      Evolution81 that's not true at all. Most, if not all congressional representatives have a page on their site specifically for obtaining assistance for government issues. I used my representative once before for help obtaining paperwork from the Air Force. When it was just me, they couldnt find it. But when my representative got involved, POOF they found it. Your representative can be a valuable resource for things like this.

• Did any of you guys receive an email confirming the submission of your background investigation? I was just curious seeing as I don’t really know when my investigator submitted it, I’m just guesstimating.

Comment

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      No email..just be patient and wait for the green on the CBP app

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup I’m my email and the app

• have a question about traveling on vacation. since we are in process to get hire. Will traveling out the the U.S for 1 week affect us for getting hire. i am planning to visit Vietnam for 1 week.,

Comment

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP. I am from vietnam too. Just for vacation.

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      N.N. And & V_AntCBP cause i heard someone who just got in the acadenmy said it will affect you and will make you BI. Take longer. That why i am afraid it will affect the whole process.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      standtheman nah, you are fine traveling for a week, I'm leaving for Europe for 2 weeks soon, you are 19-3 or something, you still have a very long way to go, down the road when you meet with BI, just mention the trip so he can update your eqip,
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 03-02-2019, 10:26 AM.

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      So we just need to let the BI know about the trip and that all ?

• Need some advice. I’m annoucnemt. 17-10 on month I believe 15. I just recently met with Background investigator. Still waiting on background to clear and take drug test. Would it be safe to say I’d be able to be in my best friends wedding come June? Or do you think I’ll have EOD by then?

Comment

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      My bi just cleared academy dates are June+ already...plus you can extend the EOD date if you can't make the date they offer to you

• JDalhoff
      JDalhoff commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve been in this too long to extend my date. I just wanted to get some info before I start getting fitted and everything for wedding.

• bonds525
      bonds525 commented
      Editing a comment
      You should be fine
      I’m fine with everything and I’m still waiting to be refered to TSU, academies are booked til July I believe.

• I saw someone else write it, but who else here is terrified to plan anything far in advance like a vacation because of this hiring process?

Comment

• collapse
      collapse commented
      Editing a comment
      Me.

I have 1 week in April and the week of July 4th off, but no plans. It seems like this year all of my friends and family made actual plans and followed through with vacationing. All these invites and I had to turn them down.

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      Same, and holding off on lasik too

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hope joy. How did you get to 63% so fast?

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      keep going on with your life...smh its not that serious..you'll wind up missing out and being frustrated not doing anything and you'll still be stuck @ 50-63% for a year+

• Originally posted by headphones1225 View Post
    Does the 45k overtime cap include premium pay as well or is that 45 strictly on overtime?
    Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by headphones1225 View Post

Thanks!
      It probably also should be said that reaching cap is far from guaranteed and that, in the majority of ports, either very difficult to impossible to arrange for.

The mean average for overtime earnings across-the-board for CBPOs is around 13K. Those capping out are a distinct minority.
      Last edited by merlin436; 03-02-2019, 05:07 AM.

Comment

• When medical status on the CASS says completed with a green check ✅, does that mean it’s cleared or just completed??

Comment

• Hopejoy
          Hopejoy commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, that should indicate a pass. Also, check with EAS, there it should show the determination as pass as well.

• Srhernza115
          Srhernza115 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hopejoy if you don’t mind me asking what’s EAS?

• Hopejoy
          Hopejoy commented
          Editing a comment
          eas.chsmedical.com

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post

It probably also should be said that reaching cap is far from guaranteed and that, in the majority of ports, either very difficult to impossible to arrange for.

The mean average for overtime earnings across-the-board for CBPOs is around 13K. Those capping out are a distinct minority.

I applied for JFK. I'm assuming they have plenty of OT.

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          JFK is the biggest fish. Expect exceptions to the norm when talking of big fish.

• I hope that could help us in the hiring process, check out guys!! http://bit.ly/2GPUBcI
        Screen Shot 2019-03-02 at 6.13.25 PM.png

Comment

• TESLA3
          TESLA3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hopejoy I think so too

• xknuckles
          xknuckles commented
          Editing a comment
          I read into and one requirement is you must relocate to southwest

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          I asked my Recruiter about this opportunity awhile back. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, current applicants are not eligible.

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          looks like this "fast track " bs gonna slow us down even more.... cause they have to dedicate resources that they are already lacking for this process.... by the way, this fast track is for swb only and current applications are not qualified but talk to your recruiter, they maybe able to do something...never know until asked.
          Last edited by V_AntCBP; 03-03-2019, 08:26 AM.

• I'm going in for Gallbladder removal on the 12th of March. Will this hurt my application for CBP? I'm original a 18-6 DH Gs 5-7 and now I'm a 19-2 GS9 regular announcement. 63% in CASS. Applied April 2018

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          If you end up needing to re-certify your medical, you’ll need to mention it. They’ll probably request forms from your Dr. showing there’s no lasting impact on your health.

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          oh man, medical reviews always take a long time,...if you don't have to recertify your medical, you are fine, if you do, you have to mention it and most likely they will request more paperwork and additional reviews.... (takes months smh) @blocklear86 sorry to say but if they know about the surgery, it will affect your application.... good luck on your surgery...hope everything works out for you....
          Last edited by V_AntCBP; 03-03-2019, 08:24 AM.

• klocklear86
          klocklear86 commented
          Editing a comment
          My medical cleared last year around June. I'm a healthy person just my gallbladder has been giving me problems.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12071 users online. 459 members and 11612 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X