Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw someone else write it, but who else here is terrified to plan anything far in advance like a vacation because of this hiring process?

Comment

• collapse
      collapse commented
      Editing a comment
      Me.

I have 1 week in April and the week of July 4th off, but no plans. It seems like this year all of my friends and family made actual plans and followed through with vacationing. All these invites and I had to turn them down.

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      Same, and holding off on lasik too

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hope joy. How did you get to 63% so fast?

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      keep going on with your life...smh its not that serious..you'll wind up missing out and being frustrated not doing anything and you'll still be stuck @ 50-63% for a year+

• Originally posted by headphones1225 View Post
    Does the 45k overtime cap include premium pay as well or is that 45 strictly on overtime?
    Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by headphones1225 View Post

Thanks!
      It probably also should be said that reaching cap is far from guaranteed and that, in the majority of ports, either very difficult to impossible to arrange for.

The mean average for overtime earnings across-the-board for CBPOs is around 13K. Those capping out are a distinct minority.
      Last edited by merlin436; 03-02-2019, 06:07 AM.

Comment

• When medical status on the CASS says completed with a green check ✅, does that mean it’s cleared or just completed??

Comment

• Hopejoy
          Hopejoy commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, that should indicate a pass. Also, check with EAS, there it should show the determination as pass as well.

• Srhernza115
          Srhernza115 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hopejoy if you don’t mind me asking what’s EAS?

• Hopejoy
          Hopejoy commented
          Editing a comment
          eas.chsmedical.com

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post

It probably also should be said that reaching cap is far from guaranteed and that, in the majority of ports, either very difficult to impossible to arrange for.

The mean average for overtime earnings across-the-board for CBPOs is around 13K. Those capping out are a distinct minority.

I applied for JFK. I'm assuming they have plenty of OT.

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          JFK is the biggest fish. Expect exceptions to the norm when talking of big fish.

• I hope that could help us in the hiring process, check out guys!! http://bit.ly/2GPUBcI
        Screen Shot 2019-03-02 at 6.13.25 PM.png

Comment

• TESLA3
          TESLA3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hopejoy I think so too

• xknuckles
          xknuckles commented
          Editing a comment
          I read into and one requirement is you must relocate to southwest

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          I asked my Recruiter about this opportunity awhile back. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, current applicants are not eligible.

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          looks like this "fast track " bs gonna slow us down even more.... cause they have to dedicate resources that they are already lacking for this process.... by the way, this fast track is for swb only and current applications are not qualified but talk to your recruiter, they maybe able to do something...never know until asked.
          Last edited by V_AntCBP; 03-03-2019, 09:26 AM.

• I'm going in for Gallbladder removal on the 12th of March. Will this hurt my application for CBP? I'm original a 18-6 DH Gs 5-7 and now I'm a 19-2 GS9 regular announcement. 63% in CASS. Applied April 2018

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          If you end up needing to re-certify your medical, you’ll need to mention it. They’ll probably request forms from your Dr. showing there’s no lasting impact on your health.

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          oh man, medical reviews always take a long time,...if you don't have to recertify your medical, you are fine, if you do, you have to mention it and most likely they will request more paperwork and additional reviews.... (takes months smh) @blocklear86 sorry to say but if they know about the surgery, it will affect your application.... good luck on your surgery...hope everything works out for you....
          Last edited by V_AntCBP; 03-03-2019, 09:24 AM.

• klocklear86
          klocklear86 commented
          Editing a comment
          My medical cleared last year around June. I'm a healthy person just my gallbladder has been giving me problems.

• Good morning ,

One question, what does your announcement code i.e. 19-3 actually mean?

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s when you applied, there’s typically a new announcement each month. The first number is the fiscal year, the second number is whatever that announcement is in the year. For example, 19-3 is the third announcement posted for fiscal year 2019.

• Benjamin.C
          Benjamin.C commented
          Editing a comment
          Okay, thank you. Although that's strange since I applied in December of 2018.

*Edit: Apparently, I need to read up on my finance; the fiscal year 2019 includes December 2018.
          Last edited by Benjamin.C; 03-04-2019, 04:28 AM.

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          Fiscal years start on October 01st and run through September 30th. In the case of December 2018, it's actually the third month of fiscal year 2019.

• C-Mo
          C-Mo commented
          Editing a comment
          Deleted...
          Last edited by C-Mo; 03-26-2019, 10:49 PM.

• hal. What’s up bro have you heard anything ???

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nothing yet. Going on 18 months.

• I’m a ninja
          I’m a ninja commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah 20 months lol. He has had 1 job the last 7 years and lived with his parents ( 1 address his whole life ) and it still took 20 months

• I’m a ninja
          I’m a ninja commented
          Editing a comment
          They offered him ariz but he told him he would rather stay in Texas so the only option they have him in Texas was Brownsville so he took it

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          So it seems as though Texas ports are filling up fast. When I applied they were offering 5 ports in Texas alone. Now they are only offering only one?

• drug test tomorrow...Its HAPPENING ...end of the road for me folks ....1.5 year process....it was long at times and arduous...but all worth it at the end...its always good to have options...no such thing as good luck..so i wish the good ones on here much success and positive vibes and some damn PATIENCE in the process

Comment

• sixfour
          sixfour commented
          Editing a comment
          my background will be a nightmare to clear (nothing criminal)....

• xknuckles
          xknuckles commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m just gonna go with the fact that this process is time consuming. I got so excited when I started getting schedule for the steps but now gathering everyone’s time frames, no such thing as a fast process

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats. Waiting for my turn.

• Hopejoy
          Hopejoy commented
          Editing a comment
          Deleted...
          Last edited by Hopejoy; 04-02-2019, 11:11 PM.

• Originally posted by Evolution81 View Post
        drug test tomorrow...Its HAPPENING ...end of the road for me folks ....1.5 year process....it was long at times and arduous...but all worth it at the end...its always good to have options...no such thing as good luck..so i wish the good ones on here much success and positive vibes and some damn PATIENCE in the process
        no not a short list at all....eqip saves your last time you did a background.(13 year fed).all you have to do is update the list...i travel out the country every year lived in multiple states..etc...my suggestion is make sure you do everything concerning the BI in a timely manner...if they ask for it accommodate them the investigators are there to help you most times and they want to submit your stuff as fast as possible

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Met my investigator September 4th 2018.

• Finally got refered to TSU

Comment

• Nousername1
          Nousername1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome congrats. Nice seeing some movement.

• Hopejoy
          Hopejoy commented
          Editing a comment
          Deleted...
          Last edited by Hopejoy; 04-02-2019, 11:11 PM.

• bonds525
          bonds525 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hopejoy back in August

• O_rod86
          O_rod86 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice!! Slowly we all make our way through.

• Hi guys I just finish my si today and was told I passed, Unlike most people my pft-1 got delayed so I'm taking it next week, The recruiter told me to prepare for the long wait for the polygraph, around 4-6 months. How long did it take everyone else on average for the polygraph? Thanks

Comment

• Hopejoy
          Hopejoy commented
          Editing a comment
          Deleted...
          Last edited by Hopejoy; 04-02-2019, 11:10 PM.

• Nousername1
          Nousername1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I took the PFT-1 and medical mid May, SI mid June and Poly mid September 2018.
          Last edited by Nousername1; 03-04-2019, 09:49 PM.

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          everyone timeline is different, it has been about 7 months since my SI and still nada....

• zachariah I was wondering which announcement are you from and are you trying to get to JFK. I’m in 19-2 I am waiting to have my SI scheduled and then I guess they schedule you for the poly.

Comment

• zachariah
          zachariah commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm 19-3 and yes I'm trying to get JFK as well! I had my si scheduled immediately, before my medical and pft as a matter of fact

• standtheman
          standtheman commented
          Editing a comment
          zachariah what % are you at right now in your cass. my is stop at 38% for more than 1 month now. and i am 19-3 too.

• 19-4 here. So I took the entrance exam on 2-2-19 and passed. Got my NOR on 2-13-19. I have received nothing since. My application status still says referred, but I would imagine I would have been told by now what to do next. How long should I wait before emailing someone about it? I feel like all the other timelines I've seen, people heard back rather quickly about what to do next. Yes, I know I'm in for the long haul, but it would at least be encouraging to get the next steps of what I should do, ya know?

Comment

• standtheman
          standtheman commented
          Editing a comment
          cbradshaw310 did you get any email from them to moving on to the next step? my medical is still show under reviewing for more than 1 month already.

• cbradshaw310
          cbradshaw310 commented
          Editing a comment
          standtheman Nope, still waiting since 12/24. Hopefully it will come through soon, I feel like an addict checking my app status all the time. haha

• standtheman
          standtheman commented
          Editing a comment
          cbradshaw310 hahaha. i am checking once a day... seem it will take forever for us to complete it. LOL

• rergang3
          rergang3 commented
          Editing a comment
          cbradshaw310 Yea, I get that. I just feel like it's taking long just to get that selected email. I meet all the criteria, so I'm not sure what delay there would be. Oh well

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8138 users online. 429 members and 7709 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X