300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sixfour

Yes, took the poly October 24th, got a verbal pass, CASS update by that Friday.

I know some people are saying they don't do the poly before med clears, but that's just not always the case.

Comment

• fsi1212
      fsi1212 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not for me. I did med back in 6/2018. Still haven't cleared and no poly yet.

• sixfour
      sixfour commented
      Editing a comment
      fsi1212 have they asked for more documents to clear you?

• fsi1212
      fsi1212 commented
      Editing a comment
      sixfour yes I turned those in 6/2018

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      So usually when medical clears then you get scheduled for poly. It all depends what you put on your medical form or if there find anything that needs further review. Once the background starts you will meet the investigator. He will run through your background packets for clarity and explanations on certain things. They will then interview friends, family, neighbors, bosses, and co-workers. They will then submit it to opr, who then does further review of investigators findings and reports. Once it clears opr then you will get final adjudication and contacted by tsu and so on.

• Does anyone know if this means anything?

“In response to your request for a status update on your background investigation, we are pleased to report that your investigation has progressed to the Personnel Security process. Because each investigation is unique, based on the individual background and experiences of the applicant, we are not able to give you an estimated or average time forcompletion.”

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Basic response saying they are still working on it.

• TheSlammer
      TheSlammer commented
      Editing a comment
      It says " we are pleased". Sounds like its anything but bad news

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      generic response everyone gets that email after you reach poly stage+

• What about this? Lol

“We are still waiting for a final suitability determination. Once a determination is made, you will be notified.”

Does it mean the investigation is over and just waiting on adjudication?

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like it! Almost home free haha!

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes that is correct. Who did you email to get that response? Case manager?

• co5518
      co5518 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 i emailed the case manager Initially but i sent the email in the beginning of January. They responded when the government reopened but i got an e-mail today out of nowhere as another response to that email and it said they were waiting for final suitability determination.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah that is the same I received before and after shutdown. They at waiting on final adjudication. It's in the hands of opr. Same boat as me. What announcement are you?

• Has anyone received an EOD and then it get pushed back? I need to put in my 30 day notice on monday however i know that DHS doesnt send out an EOD until 2 weeks prior. I just dont want to shoot myself in the foot is all.

(my company deserves a 30 day notice, my direct boss does not hahah)

Comment

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      No matter what job it is ur replaceable, which is the same thing as a number in my book. If you died today that job will keep trucking as if nothing happen

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      i never said i wasnt replaceable, however they have done me right for over 2 years. I would like to do them right is all. Most companies treat people as a number this company is a family of talent and respect.

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      @ your boss does not....LOL

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah F that guy lol ive got a book to turn in against him lol

• I applied back in June 2017 and almost two years later my polygraph has been schedule for March 11th. My medical the longest and it was because I had some issues and had to be cleared by my doctors. I still think it took to long though. But prior to getting my polygraph schedule I spoke with a recruiter about my situation and in about a week after I was contacted to schedule my polygraph. Do anyone know after my polygraph is completed and assuming I pass what is the next step.

Comment

• fuller2930
      fuller2930 commented
      Editing a comment
      I had some percentage for VA but even after the doctors said I was ok they seem to want more and I finally said I have no more to give you. Then about a month after that exchange they clear me. Do re certify means I have to complete the EQUIP over?

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      No you just need to update any changes or new updates and recertify.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      equip re-verification, they also added a new question. If you're references and family member are alive or deceased. everything will be saved into equip already, it will only take you like 15 minutes to update

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      HOLY MOLY and I thought I was in it for the long haul

• i am happy to report I have officially completed the BI!!!!..Im shocked it was that fast...I had my subject interview Jan 19...17/10 GS9 DH/regular announcement.... been in process since sep 2017
    Last edited by Evolution81; 03-01-2019, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Tremellio
      Tremellio commented
      Editing a comment
      Evolution81 Hahaha Provisional Clear was a joke!! Aint no way Im gonna quit my job to start something that can be pulled from underneath me quickly after that lol #SayNoToProvisionalClear

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      no email..I just said F it lemme check the cbp app and torture myself ...I signed for the provisional clear since im used to onboarding before the BI clears...since im permanent tenure in the feds already I would just go back to my last agency if my Bi for some wild *** reason didn't clear...LOL
      Last edited by Evolution81; 03-01-2019, 04:28 PM.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Evolution just curious. What was the hold up on medical? What medical issues?

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have anxiety and was taking welbutrin...had to have a LEO psych eval/all associated documents had to be submitted concerning my anxiety/medication

• Does the 45k overtime cap include premium pay as well or is that 45 strictly on overtime?

Comment

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      The 45K cap includes all premium pay...OT, Holiday, Sunday, midnight/evening differential. Retirement creditable overtime is capped at 50% of the statutory cap(22.5K) and none of the differential pays are retirement creditable.

• Do any of you know what to expect in the background investigator interview? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• JDalhoff
      JDalhoff commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s literally a meeting over your Eqip packet. The person will ask you to confirm info and get names and numbers of some more friends family co workers. Basically last chance to have all your info straight and truthful.

• Well this is my normal. Evolution81

Comment

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      bro I was there man..med took literally a year to clear ...8-9 months to reply asking for additional info....3 months acquiring all the various med papers/psychological LEO eval I had to pay out of pocket...then 2 months for med to clear...nothing moved for me until my med was cleared then 6 months later I got a poly date..LOL

• collapse
      collapse commented
      Editing a comment
      Jesus, I guess I CAN actually plan a vacation this year at least.

• Luckyjack90
      Luckyjack90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lucky. I have to wait for my medical to clear before I can take my polygraph.

• Are there any 19-1 here? I’m currently waiting on my poly. I took my SI on December 15th

Comment

• Hopejoy
      Hopejoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29, you can look that up on the announcement and it will be under how you will be evaluate.
      If you meet the minimum qualifications, you will be placed in one of three categories based on your experience and training.
      Best Qualified: Applicants possessing the type and quality of experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications.
      Well Qualified: Applicants possessing the type and quality of experience that exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position and who demonstrate average proficiency in most of the critical competencies
      Qualified: Applicants possessing the type and quality of experience that meets the minimum qualifications.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you find that under your NOR? Where do you find where you fall under?

• Hopejoy
      Hopejoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, your test score if you have taken one, and on the announcement at the top after you have submitted your application.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine doesn't say anything so I'm assuming it is new.

• How long does medical take to clear?

Comment

• collapse
      collapse commented
      Editing a comment
      It's different for everyone, I'm 7 months in.

That's with the additional paperwork they requested.

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      mines took a year! in total

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh boy. Never really had an extensive medical history besides wearing glasses

• So after 9 months since I sent in additional medical paperwork, they send me an email today asking for even more. But it's basically all the same that they requested earlier. In the email they tried to tell me that they had asked for the paperwork several months ago, which is absolutely false. I've written to my Congress representative and requested them to open a formal inquiry into the CBP hiring process. Hopefully that will light some fires and get on HR.

Comment

• collapse
      collapse commented
      Editing a comment
      Did they ever send you a confirmation that they received your additional paperwork?

• fsi1212
      fsi1212 commented
      Editing a comment
      collapse yes they did. About a day after I submitted it 9 months ago.

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Smh..I'ma tell you like this..doing stuff like this will not light a fire under them...it will basically paint you as a bugaboo...then you will wonder why they suddenly lost your paperwork

• fsi1212
      fsi1212 commented
      Editing a comment
      Evolution81 that's not true at all. Most, if not all congressional representatives have a page on their site specifically for obtaining assistance for government issues. I used my representative once before for help obtaining paperwork from the Air Force. When it was just me, they couldnt find it. But when my representative got involved, POOF they found it. Your representative can be a valuable resource for things like this.

• Did any of you guys receive an email confirming the submission of your background investigation? I was just curious seeing as I don’t really know when my investigator submitted it, I’m just guesstimating.

Comment

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      No email..just be patient and wait for the green on the CBP app

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup I’m my email and the app

• have a question about traveling on vacation. since we are in process to get hire. Will traveling out the the U.S for 1 week affect us for getting hire. i am planning to visit Vietnam for 1 week.,

Comment

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP. I am from vietnam too. Just for vacation.

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      N.N. And & V_AntCBP cause i heard someone who just got in the acadenmy said it will affect you and will make you BI. Take longer. That why i am afraid it will affect the whole process.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      standtheman nah, you are fine traveling for a week, I'm leaving for Europe for 2 weeks soon, you are 19-3 or something, you still have a very long way to go, down the road when you meet with BI, just mention the trip so he can update your eqip,
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 03-02-2019, 11:26 AM.

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      So we just need to let the BI know about the trip and that all ?

• Need some advice. I’m annoucnemt. 17-10 on month I believe 15. I just recently met with Background investigator. Still waiting on background to clear and take drug test. Would it be safe to say I’d be able to be in my best friends wedding come June? Or do you think I’ll have EOD by then?

Comment

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      My bi just cleared academy dates are June+ already...plus you can extend the EOD date if you can't make the date they offer to you

• JDalhoff
      JDalhoff commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve been in this too long to extend my date. I just wanted to get some info before I start getting fitted and everything for wedding.

• bonds525
      bonds525 commented
      Editing a comment
      You should be fine
      I’m fine with everything and I’m still waiting to be refered to TSU, academies are booked til July I believe.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10011 users online. 358 members and 9653 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X