Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone. this is my second time apply for this position. anyone here for 19-3?
    12-8: applied.
    1-12: entrance exam
    1-28: NOR passed
    2-12: NOR SI passed and physical passed
    currently: waiting nurses for reviewing my medical information from last application and waiting for another eyes exam because i did lasik back in dec.
    Last edited by standtheman; 02-27-2019, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• cbradshaw310
      cbradshaw310 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 Oh okay, sucks you've waited this long.. Did you get held up on something? I was just going by some email they sent me once my Eqip cleared. I assumed it wouldn't be done until my poly was done.. My husband has a higher clearance and I remember how long it took for everything with him(not as long as CBP seem to take though).

The government does not get in a hurry. LOL

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      No I never got held up anywhere. They just take their time. It's hurry up and wait. Your equip is part of your bi. It goes to opr. But once you pass poly your equip gets kicked back out and then you meet an investigator and then it's wait time. There are a few 17 announcements waiting like me as well.

• cbradshaw310
      cbradshaw310 commented
      Editing a comment
      Such a delight. haha Nothing like waiting.. maybe you'll get through soon.

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      17/10 still waiting for bi to clear..hurry up and wait wait n wait...CBP def takes the longest out of any agency ..I've never had to wait for bi to clear to start working..always got a provisional

• I just received the call to schedule my Polygraph! Sunday March 10th!
    Attached Files
    CBPO 18-11
    Preferred Duty Location: El Paso, TX
    5/04/18: Exam
    5/09/18: NOR
    6/29/18: Fitness Test
    6/29/18: Medical Evaluation
    7/02/18: Fitness Cleared
    7/05/18: Medical Cleared
    7/13/18: E-QIP Submitted
    8/07/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added FS-545)
    8/13/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added Documentation of Mother's Citizenship)
    8/15/18: E-QIP Released to OPR
    8/15/18: Structured Interview & Fingerprints
    3/10/19: Polygraph

Drug Test: Pending

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      if I get scheduled for poly now, I will fly anywhere in the US, any day , any time for it... been waiting for 6.5 months now, so desperate man, screw current job lol Tremellio

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      I had mines on Sunday also

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      What area code or number called

• Tremellio
      Tremellio commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP lol I feel that!! I had just passed the 6 month mark on the 15th lol

Hou33guy it was a 803 number. Columbia, SC

Evolution81 Yea. I was surprised they operated on Sundays.

• At one point does your application show up on the CBP Jobs phone app? I see a lot of people talking about percentages of how far along they are. I assume it's the app they are looking at. I applied, took the test, and passed the test. USA Jobs shows my application as referred, but the CBP app doesn't show anything yet.

Also, my girlfriend is trying to get into grad school at Salem State in Massachusetts. I applied for the Boston location in case she does get in. If she does get in, she would start late summer '19 there. With that said, am I able to apply for TSA while still in the hiring process for CBP? I imagine the process isn't as crazy as CBP so I could at least have my foot in the door while waiting. Or would it be best to find a job outside of DHS while I wait? Sorry for multiple questions!

Comment

• standtheman
      standtheman commented
      Editing a comment
      you will receive another email and will states you are tentative selected with you app ID #.

• rergang3
      rergang3 commented
      Editing a comment
      LMC standtheman Got it, thank you both!

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      If you want to move to Boston, apply for TSA while waiting for CBP is fine... CBP process will be anywhere from 1-2+ years so... TSA process is totally different than CBP... faster and less stuff to do... training is also faster than CBP... if you need a job while waiting, apply for TSA is definitely a good option. rergang3

• rergang3
      rergang3 commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP thanks for the advice! Greatly appreciate it!

• If I pass the CBPO physical fitness test then apply for BPA, will I have to take the BPA fitness test as well? Or will they transfer the CBPO one over?
    18-2

11/24/17: Applied
    12/15/17: NOR
    12/28/17: EQIP Submitted
    1/04/18: Medical
    1/30/18: Fitness - Passed
    2/07/18: E-QIP Rejected (Corrected, re-submitted same day)
    2/20/18: E-QIP released to OPR
    3/09/18: SI
    3/10/18: NOR SI - Passed
    4/17/18: Request for Additional Medical Info
    5/02/18: Additional Medical Info Submitted
    ~11/19/18: Medical Cleared
    4/08/19: Polygraph Scheduled
    ???: Polygraph Cleared
    ???: Background - In Progress
    ???: Drug Test - In Progress
    ???: Final Offer - Pending

Comment

• Hopejoy
      Hopejoy commented
      Editing a comment
      You just have to do 5 extra setups and 8 extra pushups. The rest is the same.

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Hopejoy and the step for the step test is at 14" vs 12" for the CBPO test.

• Hopejoy
      Hopejoy commented
      Editing a comment
      N.N. that is correct.
      Last edited by Hopejoy; 02-27-2019, 04:09 PM.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      you will have to do a PFT for CBPO and PFT fpr BPA, I litterally took both at the same location. The people were confused, especially since i took the BPA one 1st.

You will also do both Structured Interviews, 1 for CBP, 1 BPA. everything else will be the same (1 appointment for all)

• Hello everybody!

19-4 CBPO Here

My current timeline:
    ​​​​​​1/28/2019 - Applied
    2/8/2019 - Exam
    2/11/2019 - NOR - Pass
    2/20/2019 - Structured Interview Setup
    2/25/2019 - Medical Exam Setup
    2/26/2019 - E-QIP BI Submitted

Going through the process at a pretty decent pace. I have my SI coming up soon and was just hoping for some advice. Currently at the tsa and this has been posted around already but for their interview they use the STAR interview and I was just wondering if CBP uses the same format. On their website it states that it's situational so I'm hoping they provide examples where we're able to respond and say what we would do, opposed to the STAR interview where we're providing experiences of our own. Any advice helps!

Thanks!

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      We signed NDA so we can't say much... but CBPO SI is very easy... use common sense, the interviewers will rate you on seven competencies that are critical to success as a CBP Officer (i.e., Judgment and Decision-making, Interpersonal Skills, Emotional Maturity, Cooperativeness/Sensitivity to the Needs of Others, Teamwork, Flexibility, and Oral Communication). Be confident... you will be fine... vtruy

• pnw360
      pnw360 commented
      Editing a comment
      Be confident and think before you answer, Know yourself

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      CBPO was definitely the easiest (police) board i have ever done. Ive been to the board for State Troopers, County, City, BPA, and plenty for the military.

• vtruy
      vtruy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you everybody for the advice! I will update once I get through SI!

• 19-5 here, applied 2/4 and got NOR and tentatively selected early this week as GL9. Also running through BP process simultaneously.

Comment

• 18-6

Just waiting for my additional medical paperwork (submitted 7/23) and background (met with investigator 11/26, he submitted his paperwork 11/29) to clear.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• sixfour
        sixfour commented
        Editing a comment
        collapse Did you take the poly without the medical clearing first?
        Last edited by sixfour; 02-28-2019, 07:58 AM.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        You met your investigator before your medical cleared? Weird.

• collapse
        collapse commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 I've been reading posts on this forum for a while and saw at least one other person in the same boat as me.

I would really like to know what the actual order of how things are 'normally' suppose to go. I think 7+ months to clear medical is ridiculous. My investigator was able to knock out meetings with 4 people within 3 days, cool, but what is the hold up?

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        look at your CASS/CBP Jobs app that's the NORMAL process

• 19-5 took the entrance exam and passed, no other email yet.

Comment

• nonotnow
        nonotnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Whats the entrance exam? 19-5 here and got a NOR tentative offer only.

• sixfour

Yes, took the poly October 24th, got a verbal pass, CASS update by that Friday.

I know some people are saying they don't do the poly before med clears, but that's just not always the case.

Comment

• fsi1212
        fsi1212 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not for me. I did med back in 6/2018. Still haven't cleared and no poly yet.

• sixfour
        sixfour commented
        Editing a comment
        fsi1212 have they asked for more documents to clear you?

• fsi1212
        fsi1212 commented
        Editing a comment
        sixfour yes I turned those in 6/2018

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        So usually when medical clears then you get scheduled for poly. It all depends what you put on your medical form or if there find anything that needs further review. Once the background starts you will meet the investigator. He will run through your background packets for clarity and explanations on certain things. They will then interview friends, family, neighbors, bosses, and co-workers. They will then submit it to opr, who then does further review of investigators findings and reports. Once it clears opr then you will get final adjudication and contacted by tsu and so on.

• Does anyone know if this means anything?

“In response to your request for a status update on your background investigation, we are pleased to report that your investigation has progressed to the Personnel Security process. Because each investigation is unique, based on the individual background and experiences of the applicant, we are not able to give you an estimated or average time forcompletion.”

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Basic response saying they are still working on it.

• TheSlammer
        TheSlammer commented
        Editing a comment
        It says " we are pleased". Sounds like its anything but bad news

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        generic response everyone gets that email after you reach poly stage+

• What about this? Lol

“We are still waiting for a final suitability determination. Once a determination is made, you will be notified.”

Does it mean the investigation is over and just waiting on adjudication?

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like it! Almost home free haha!

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes that is correct. Who did you email to get that response? Case manager?

• co5518
        co5518 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hal29 i emailed the case manager Initially but i sent the email in the beginning of January. They responded when the government reopened but i got an e-mail today out of nowhere as another response to that email and it said they were waiting for final suitability determination.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah that is the same I received before and after shutdown. They at waiting on final adjudication. It's in the hands of opr. Same boat as me. What announcement are you?

• Has anyone received an EOD and then it get pushed back? I need to put in my 30 day notice on monday however i know that DHS doesnt send out an EOD until 2 weeks prior. I just dont want to shoot myself in the foot is all.

(my company deserves a 30 day notice, my direct boss does not hahah)

Comment

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        No matter what job it is ur replaceable, which is the same thing as a number in my book. If you died today that job will keep trucking as if nothing happen

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        i never said i wasnt replaceable, however they have done me right for over 2 years. I would like to do them right is all. Most companies treat people as a number this company is a family of talent and respect.

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        @ your boss does not....LOL

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        yeah F that guy lol ive got a book to turn in against him lol

• I applied back in June 2017 and almost two years later my polygraph has been schedule for March 11th. My medical the longest and it was because I had some issues and had to be cleared by my doctors. I still think it took to long though. But prior to getting my polygraph schedule I spoke with a recruiter about my situation and in about a week after I was contacted to schedule my polygraph. Do anyone know after my polygraph is completed and assuming I pass what is the next step.

Comment

• fuller2930
        fuller2930 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had some percentage for VA but even after the doctors said I was ok they seem to want more and I finally said I have no more to give you. Then about a month after that exchange they clear me. Do re certify means I have to complete the EQUIP over?

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        No you just need to update any changes or new updates and recertify.

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        equip re-verification, they also added a new question. If you're references and family member are alive or deceased. everything will be saved into equip already, it will only take you like 15 minutes to update

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        HOLY MOLY and I thought I was in it for the long haul

• i am happy to report I have officially completed the BI!!!!..Im shocked it was that fast...I had my subject interview Jan 19...17/10 GS9 DH/regular announcement.... been in process since sep 2017
      Last edited by Evolution81; 03-01-2019, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• Tremellio
        Tremellio commented
        Editing a comment
        Evolution81 Hahaha Provisional Clear was a joke!! Aint no way Im gonna quit my job to start something that can be pulled from underneath me quickly after that lol #SayNoToProvisionalClear

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        no email..I just said F it lemme check the cbp app and torture myself ...I signed for the provisional clear since im used to onboarding before the BI clears...since im permanent tenure in the feds already I would just go back to my last agency if my Bi for some wild *** reason didn't clear...LOL
        Last edited by Evolution81; 03-01-2019, 03:28 PM.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Evolution just curious. What was the hold up on medical? What medical issues?

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have anxiety and was taking welbutrin...had to have a LEO psych eval/all associated documents had to be submitted concerning my anxiety/medication

• Does the 45k overtime cap include premium pay as well or is that 45 strictly on overtime?

Comment

• merlin436
        merlin436 commented
        Editing a comment
        The 45K cap includes all premium pay...OT, Holiday, Sunday, midnight/evening differential. Retirement creditable overtime is capped at 50% of the statutory cap(22.5K) and none of the differential pays are retirement creditable.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6574 users online. 281 members and 6293 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X