Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N.N.. Thanks for the response (don’t know how to reply where you did sorry), I would have hoped that what the Polygrapher told me about waiting to be called to retake the polygraph would be true... He just said that and gave me false hopes... he even asked me if I were willing to have him again as my polygrapher and i said yes...
    My application doesn’t show up anymore on the app... so I should just give up now...2 years waiting I cannot afford to do that... I needed the job now.

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m sorry for your situation bro, it really is unfortunate, but seems to be an all too common occurrence with the CBP poly. Unfortunately, if you received a Notice of Results saying you received an “unfavorable” determination, that overrides anything you were told before and is basically permanent for 2 years. I’m sorry to say...
      Last edited by N.N.; 02-23-2019, 05:23 PM.

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Vere Garcia Don't beat yourself up too bad, it's other positions you can apply for.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      There are other agencies you can apply, try local PD , TSA, ... wait 2 years and reapply to GS9 CBP/BPA... I'm still waiting on poly but I got applications in many other places.... Dont give up if you really want the job, Vere Garcia I've seen someone failed poly 5 times before getting the job....

• I will try other agencies, but it is unfortunate that they tagged me as a liar and probably as a drug user (which I am not, have a clean criminal record, got the record for another job last year).
    I will be checking and posting if anything good happens, but yeah I really wanted to be a CBP... guess it wasn’t the job for me... I even trained and studied like never before.

Comment

• LMC
      LMC commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry about the outcome. What city did you take your poly at?

• I did my polygraph,the result was unfavorable,can i retake the polygraph after 2 years or this is one a time life are anyone here then happen the same thing are tried to retake after 2 years thanks

Comment

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP you don't want these problems we go through lol. Poly isn't anything special lol

• LMC
      LMC commented
      Editing a comment
      Edsarria DP23 Sorry about the outcome. Stay positive and you will have better luck next time around. Which location did you take poly at?

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't be lol, I'm not worried about it. I took mine in Tucson, AZ LMC

• Edsarria
      Edsarria commented
      Editing a comment
      I took my at miramar,florida,on two more year im trying to apply again,but i heard they just give u,one life opportunity.i don't know if is true or no

• Dang, it seems like a ton of people are failing the poly all of a sudden... Wonder what changed, back in the fall, it was sounding like almost everybody was getting favorable results...

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Very true. Disclose everything. Don't wait until after the testing to disclose.

• sixfour
      sixfour commented
      Editing a comment
      bonds525 I think it all boils down to the examiner. It's not possible that 60-70% of all applicants fail because of criminality or severe indiscretions. Something is not right. I'm glad the "telling them everything" strategy worked for you. It seems like it doesn't always work out like it did for you.
      Last edited by sixfour; 02-25-2019, 01:52 PM.

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      sixfour Thank you for saying that, I completely agree with you. bonds525 I don't disagree with you but you can't disclose anything more if you have nothing else to disclose.

• mobyfish
      mobyfish commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah man. Just be honest. If you don’t understand a question ask them to explain. If there’s something on your mind that you think qualifies tell them anyways. Because if you think about it while answering it might show as you being deceptive.

• Anyone had any luck recently reaching out about background investigations? Seeing a lot of recent announcements flying through while a handful of us are from 2017 announcements and waiting 7+ months for BIs to process for a total of 16+ months in the process

Comment

• bonds525
      bonds525 commented
      Editing a comment
      21 months for me lol but I’m just waiting to be referred to TSU

• 19-2 CBPO GS-5

11/27 App
    12/18 Exam NOR
    2/6 Eqip submitted
    2/7 SI
    2/8 SI NOR
    2/12 Medical (not cleared)
    2/22 PFT-1 (not cleared)

I've seen decent movement for the 19-X applicants. Have any of you gotten to the poly yet?

Comment

• sixfour
      sixfour commented
      Editing a comment
      well, it looks like my medical is on hold. Per javi87 I checked https://eas.chsmedical.com/ and had my medical under "further evaluation" I emailed them to see what the next steps are... The wait just got longer.

cbradshaw310 are you under "further evaluation"?

• cbradshaw310
      cbradshaw310 commented
      Editing a comment
      I had never looked there, but yes it says the same thing (further evaluation). It may say that for everyone, I'm not sure that they can specifically make that determination or if someone else has the say.. If you would let me know if you get a response that would be great!

• cbradshaw310
      cbradshaw310 commented
      Editing a comment
      sixfour I went ahead and emailed them and got the following response...

Your pre-employment medical examination arrived in our office and is pending review. This is a normal part of the process. Due to the current volume of applicants, we are unable to give you an estimated time in which your files will be reviewed. If, after review, additional information is recommended, you will be contacted by email. Please check your email and mobile app regularly for updates.

• sixfour
      sixfour commented
      Editing a comment
      cbradshaw310 I talked to CHS and they said they forwarded the results to CBP. I called CBP and said that they are backlogged as a result of the shutdown.... and per previous posts, the medical has to clear first before the poly.

• Just joined. But im part of the 19-4 hiring process. Anyone else?

Comment

• LMC
      LMC commented
      Editing a comment
      19-4 here.

steps completed as of today

Entrance Exam (pass)
      Eqip (submitted)
      Structured Interview (pass)
      Medical scheduled for 3/1

how far along are you?
      Last edited by LMC; 02-25-2019, 05:39 PM. Reason: included eqip

• rergang3
      rergang3 commented
      Editing a comment
      LMC Definitely not that far! I applied almost at the end of the process which might be why.

1-29-19 Applied
      2-2-19 Entrance exam
      2-4-19 Results
      2-13-19 Referral

Haven't gotten any further instruction.

• LMC
      LMC commented
      Editing a comment
      rergang3 yea, I believe I submitted my application early January.

• So guys.. I got the call this morning .. and be advised it was a private call.. I have made my decision and called them back a moment ago. I've chose Boston, MA. Has anyone else heard anything back?!
    75%
    18-2 Announcement GS-9
    11/22/17 - Applied
    12/15/17 NOR of vacancy
    12/28/17 - Medical Exam
    1/26/17 - PFT 1
    1/30/18 - eQIP released to OPR
    3/8/18 - SI/Fingerprints
    3/9/18 - SI NOR
    5/18/18 - Polygraph - Valley Stream
    5/29/18 Contacted to continue Poly
    6/7/18 Continuation poly - DC
    6/18/18 - Polygraph NOR
    7/19/18 - eQip released again
    7/30/18 - Received cards to redue Fingerprints
    8/7/18 - Fingerprints received
    8/10/18 - Background started
    10/30/18 - BI Met with Coworkers
    11/14/18 - Met with investigator
    11/26/18 BI spoke with references
    2/6/19 - Background Cleared
    2/13/19 - Drug Test & received Self Medical email
    2/14/19 - Received email Re-Cleared medically
    2/19/19 - Referred to TSU
    ??- Drug Cleared
    2/25/19 - The Call
    Last edited by O_rod86; 02-25-2019, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• O_rod86
      O_rod86 commented
      Editing a comment
      Guteks
      I took the first set of dates offered. She did ask if the dates were good, if any weddings, trip planned i can be offered diff but I aid those were good..

Hal29 I know but def looking forward to a change. I have some family in MA.

• Guteks
      Guteks commented
      Editing a comment
      O_rod86 Thanks for answering. I just got the call and we have the same dates. I’m for San Francisco
      Last edited by Guteks; 03-04-2019, 04:46 PM.

• O_rod86
      O_rod86 commented
      Editing a comment
      Guteks Congratulations!! slowly but surely we will all be moving along. So I'm assuming that you chose CA.

• Guteks
      Guteks commented
      Editing a comment
      O_rod86 Yes, almost 2 years ago I chose San Francisco. I was hoping to get more options when I got the call but was not offered anywhere else. Not a big deal, too bad I can’t find any info about the SF port. I wonder if it’s airport or sea port.

• So I just got an email this morning and the reason I haven’t been refered to TSU is because my transcripts where no good. Luckily I just purchased them and sent them over with the quickness. Hopefully they receive them quick so I can move on to TSU

Comment

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      small little hiccup, you should be good brother.

• LMC
      LMC commented
      Editing a comment
      good thing is you were able to get the transcripts over to them quickly. did you have to provide transcripts for every school?

• bonds525
      bonds525 commented
      Editing a comment
      LMC I did, I paid 20$ to rush it lol, better safe than sorry, I attached them when I first applied but I guess they weren’t good.

• Originally posted by N.N. View Post
    Any other 18-5 peeps out there? Here is my most recent timeline update:

CBPO 18-5 [Direct Hire] - Current CASS Progress: 50%

Applied: Feb. 4, 2018
    Entrance Exam: Mar. 12, 2018
    Exam Notice of Results: Mar. 22, 2018 PASSED (scored 88)
    Tentative Selection Letter: April 9, 2018 (GS-07)
    e-QIP Submitted: April 12, 2018
    e-QIP Rejected: April 18, 2018 (corrected, re-submitted same day)
    Medical Exam: April 23, 2018
    PFT-1: April 23, 2018 - PASSED
    2nd e-Qip Rejection: May 3, 2018 (corrected, re-submitted same day)
    3rd e-Qip Rejection: May 8, 2018 (corrected, re-submitted same day)
    e-Qip Released to OPR: May 9, 2018 - PASSED
    Structured Interview: June 6, 2018
    SI NOR: June 7, 2018 - PASSED
    Request for Additional Medical Info: June 28th, 2018
    Fingerprint Card Request: July 11th, 2018, completed/submitted July 16th 2018
    Submitted Additional Medical Info: July 19th, 2018
    Medical Cleared: October 26, 2018
    Polygraph: Scheduled: March 8, 2019
    Background Investigation: In Progress
    Drug Test: In Progress
    Final Offer: Pending
    EOD: Pending
    FLETC: Pending

Total Timeline Length to Date: 382 days

N.N. This post legit put a smile on my face! haha Finally, right?
    CBPO 18-11
    Preferred Duty Location: El Paso, TX
    5/04/18: Exam
    5/09/18: NOR
    6/29/18: Fitness Test
    6/29/18: Medical Evaluation
    7/02/18: Fitness Cleared
    7/05/18: Medical Cleared
    7/13/18: E-QIP Submitted
    8/07/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added FS-545)
    8/13/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added Documentation of Mother's Citizenship)
    8/15/18: E-QIP Released to OPR
    8/15/18: Structured Interview & Fingerprints
    3/10/19: Polygraph

Drug Test: Pending

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Aaronag12 man that’s crazy! May I ask, do you have what you’d consider a relatively complex background? i.e. maybe a military background that would include multiple addresses? It seems most people don’t take longer than 6 months for BI to clear.

• Aaronag12
      Aaronag12 commented
      Editing a comment
      I do not. 3 addresses all within same city never in any legal trouble, even the investigator told me should get by fairly quickly. Called the hiring center and they just said I was still under review at opr

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Aaronag12 man, I’m sorry that’s been your experience bro. It really seems like the wait times for some of these steps are just random from person to person lol. I’ll be taking my poly over 9 months since my SI.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotta get past the poly first. Don't get to far ahead of yourself.

• I have my medical coming up. Can you guys give me an estimate of how long the medical exam was? few minutes, hours?

would like to prepare my day accordingly.

Thanks everybody!

Comment

• cbradshaw310
      cbradshaw310 commented
      Editing a comment
      LMC it only took me 45 minutes to an hour once back there. I think I waited around 30 minutes beforehand, but it was because it was Christmas Eve and the urgent care was short staffed.

• LMC
      LMC commented
      Editing a comment
      cbradshaw310 thank you!!

• Any dress code recommendations for the poly? I know they say to dress "comfortably" but also "professionally." At my current job, there's no dress code at all, so honestly anything more than jeans and a polo is a bit out of the norm for me lol.

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      CAL0231 thank you!

• bonds525
      bonds525 commented
      Editing a comment
      I wore my
      College polo and some slacks with dress shoes

• mobyfish
      mobyfish commented
      Editing a comment
      I showed up with sweat pants and a hoodie. I wanted to be as comfortable as possible.

• Hopejoy
      Hopejoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Deleted...
      Last edited by Hopejoy; 04-02-2019, 10:09 PM.

• Some of these wait times I’m seeing on here are cringeworthy. They need to get some Army recruiters in there and they would be up to staffing in a year

Comment

• LMC
      LMC commented
      Editing a comment
      haha tell me about it. I just began my journey and reading this timelines makes me want to cry. ha!

• pnw360
      pnw360 commented
      Editing a comment
      Army recruiters wouldn't be able to recruit enough people lol

• Sooo i am 3 days away from my 1 year anniversary.....when i took my PFT........so there is that...
    18-3
    Apply-12/30/17
    Exam-1/9/2018
    NOR-1/24/18
    Tentative Selection Letter-2/8/18
    Eqip Submission-2/12/18
    Medical-2/20/18-
    PFFT-3/1
    Release EQIP to OPR-3/16/18
    SI-4/23/2018
    Passed SI-4/24/2018
    Request for more Medical Info-5/16/2018
    Emailed CBPMedical with more information-6/6/2018
    Passed Medical-11/1/2018

CASS-50%

Comment

• sixfour
      sixfour commented
      Editing a comment
      wow... What was the hold up with the medical, if you don't mind?

• Luckyjack90
      Luckyjack90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you tried calling a recruiter about the hold up?

• d2ep
      d2ep commented
      Editing a comment
      WOW?!!! Yet I remember asking you about SI and about PFT.

• gaston
      gaston commented
      Editing a comment
      Hold up for the medical was my eyesight. After my test, CBP wanted me to do a test with my own doctor. I sent that paperwork in. Then they needed more convincing about my eyes so i had to explain to them, via a letter, that i am able to work, operate etc with my current vision.

I have sent an email to the recruiter and received the same generic response err'body seems to get. Which basically just "we working on it"

• I did my medical back in December but still hasn’t been cleared. The nurse and the doctor said that my hearing and eyesight are perfect. I contacted cbp on why is taking so long and they said to me that have received my medical packet and that it will be reviewed in the order it arrives due to the large amount of applicant.

My question how long it usually takes and how do you contact a recruiter?

thanks

Comment

• David1984
      David1984 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just checked my eas.medical.com account and it does say “further evaluation”. It’s pushing a little more than 12 weeks since I did my medical. I just hope that if they need any more documents that it doesn’t take 8 months to be contacted.

• NYJRM10
      NYJRM10 commented
      Editing a comment
      It doesn't take 8 months to be "contacted". All we have are timelines posted to work off of. Based on what is posted, it looks to be about 12-16 weeks to be notified by MHC "if additional info is needed". Assuming you submit the info asap and it is approved, the total medical clearance turn-time, based on the small online sample size, appears to be 6-8 months in its entirety. Obviously YMMV.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      12/2017-06/2018 is when my medical was. Just sit back and wait, you're recruiter wont be able to tell you anything better. If they do they are like a military recruiter and is lying to you hahah

• Anthony_525
      Anthony_525 commented
      Editing a comment
      Everyone is different as you can see. Mine cleared in a week.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9473 users online. 368 members and 9105 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X