Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I received an email on Tuesday saying that I was being referred to the training scheduling unit and that I will be contacted when a vacancy opens. At this point is that an indication that I might get an offer and if so how long do they usually take to call you?

Also I’m VRA and I’ve heard they may let you pick from a few locations is this true?

TIA

Comment

• bonds525
      bonds525 commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you done with all the steps? And I’m so how long did it take to get the email.

• O_rod86
      O_rod86 commented
      Editing a comment
      15 months in. Still waiting on my drug clearance but received same message; I’m on the “call list” basically. Everyone seems to be getting some movement in their process, which is a good thing.

75%
      18-2 Announcement GS-9
      11/22/17 - Applied
      12/15/17 NOR of vacancy
      12/28/17 - Medical Exam
      1/26/17 - PFT 1
      1/30/18 - eQIP released to OPR
      3/8/18 - SI/Fingerprints
      3/9/18 - SI NOR
      5/18/18 - Polygraph - Valley Stream
      5/29/18 Contacted to continue Poly
      6/7/18 Continuation poly - DC
      6/18/18 - Polygraph NOR
      7/19/18 - eQip released again
      7/30/18 - Received cards to redue Fingerprints
      8/7/18 - Fingerprints received
      8/10/18 - Background started
      10/30/18 - BI Met with Coworkers
      11/14/18 - Met with investigator
      11/26/18 BI spoke with references
      2/6/19 - Background Cleared
      2/13/19 - Drug Test & received Self Medical email
      2/14/19 - Received email Re-Cleared medically
      2/19/19- Referred to TSU
      ??- Drug Cleared
      ??- The Call

• LMC
      LMC commented
      Editing a comment
      Officers that’s conducted my SI mentioned that as VRA applicant you have an advantage of being placed at your preferred location.

• bonds525 Took almost 2 years to complete. Yeah I finished all the steps including BI and drug test

Comment

• bonds525
      bonds525 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice I’m also done, 20 months later lol, it’s been a week since everything cleared but I haven’t been referred to TSU yet and it’s annoying lol

• bonds525 Took almost 2 years to complete. Yeah I finished all the steps including BI and drug test

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not everyone is getting movement.

• Did anybody else get a request to submit additional medical information, after the initial request for additional medical information?

Comment

• To All,

I’m in 19-2 Regular Hire just saw my CASS updated to 25% preemployeement process completed I am waiting to be scheduled for the SI, Poly and Drug Test. Is anyone else in the same boat I am. I selected JFK port for SI and Poly I am wondering if anyone else has completed or has been scheduled already. If so any advice or time frame to have these 3 steps completed. I have been in the process since December 2018 I think it is moving fairly quickly.

Thank you

Comment

• txm44
        txm44 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m 18-3 for jfk and I’m still waiting for poly date. Sitting at 50% for about 5 months. Applied Jan of 18

• xknuckles
        xknuckles commented
        Editing a comment
        19-3, same port and progress as you. But no progress yet for me. I feel like it slows down once we hit the last few steps which are time consuming from what I’ve read so far on here

• mobyfish
        mobyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        What’s up JFK peeps. Hope to see all of you in the near future.

• cbradshaw310
        cbradshaw310 commented
        Editing a comment
        19-3 here, I'm waiting on the poly and drug test.. Seems like everything went really fast, but have a feeling the poly is what will take forever.. I selected Orlando for poly, but I'm in Atlanta so did my SI here.

• Luckyjack90 they rejected mine 3 times before they finally approved it. Just get what they want done as soon as you can get the ball rolling again. They wanted my doc to sign off and then two separate Labs to ensure my creatinine levels were normal. It took about 2 months per request to be reviewed so be ready for that.

Comment

• Does anyone know if i failed a polygraph test, will that carry to another application i fill in? Like from CBP to BPA? Will all the testing i passed for CBP be passed on as well?

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          If you fail the poly, you cannot apply for any position with CBP, including BP, for 2 years.

• N.N.. Thanks for the response (don’t know how to reply where you did sorry), I would have hoped that what the Polygrapher told me about waiting to be called to retake the polygraph would be true... He just said that and gave me false hopes... he even asked me if I were willing to have him again as my polygrapher and i said yes...
        My application doesn’t show up anymore on the app... so I should just give up now...2 years waiting I cannot afford to do that... I needed the job now.

Comment

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m sorry for your situation bro, it really is unfortunate, but seems to be an all too common occurrence with the CBP poly. Unfortunately, if you received a Notice of Results saying you received an “unfavorable” determination, that overrides anything you were told before and is basically permanent for 2 years. I’m sorry to say...
          Last edited by N.N.; 02-23-2019, 05:23 PM.

• DP23
          DP23 commented
          Editing a comment
          Vere Garcia Don't beat yourself up too bad, it's other positions you can apply for.

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          There are other agencies you can apply, try local PD , TSA, ... wait 2 years and reapply to GS9 CBP/BPA... I'm still waiting on poly but I got applications in many other places.... Dont give up if you really want the job, Vere Garcia I've seen someone failed poly 5 times before getting the job....

• I will try other agencies, but it is unfortunate that they tagged me as a liar and probably as a drug user (which I am not, have a clean criminal record, got the record for another job last year).
        I will be checking and posting if anything good happens, but yeah I really wanted to be a CBP... guess it wasn’t the job for me... I even trained and studied like never before.

Comment

• LMC
          LMC commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry about the outcome. What city did you take your poly at?

• I did my polygraph,the result was unfavorable,can i retake the polygraph after 2 years or this is one a time life are anyone here then happen the same thing are tried to retake after 2 years thanks

Comment

• DP23
          DP23 commented
          Editing a comment
          V_AntCBP you don't want these problems we go through lol. Poly isn't anything special lol

• LMC
          LMC commented
          Editing a comment
          Edsarria DP23 Sorry about the outcome. Stay positive and you will have better luck next time around. Which location did you take poly at?

• DP23
          DP23 commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't be lol, I'm not worried about it. I took mine in Tucson, AZ LMC

• Edsarria
          Edsarria commented
          Editing a comment
          I took my at miramar,florida,on two more year im trying to apply again,but i heard they just give u,one life opportunity.i don't know if is true or no

• Dang, it seems like a ton of people are failing the poly all of a sudden... Wonder what changed, back in the fall, it was sounding like almost everybody was getting favorable results...

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Very true. Disclose everything. Don't wait until after the testing to disclose.

• sixfour
          sixfour commented
          Editing a comment
          bonds525 I think it all boils down to the examiner. It's not possible that 60-70% of all applicants fail because of criminality or severe indiscretions. Something is not right. I'm glad the "telling them everything" strategy worked for you. It seems like it doesn't always work out like it did for you.
          Last edited by sixfour; 02-25-2019, 01:52 PM.

• DP23
          DP23 commented
          Editing a comment
          sixfour Thank you for saying that, I completely agree with you. bonds525 I don't disagree with you but you can't disclose anything more if you have nothing else to disclose.

• mobyfish
          mobyfish commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah man. Just be honest. If you don’t understand a question ask them to explain. If there’s something on your mind that you think qualifies tell them anyways. Because if you think about it while answering it might show as you being deceptive.

• Anyone had any luck recently reaching out about background investigations? Seeing a lot of recent announcements flying through while a handful of us are from 2017 announcements and waiting 7+ months for BIs to process for a total of 16+ months in the process

Comment

• bonds525
          bonds525 commented
          Editing a comment
          21 months for me lol but I’m just waiting to be referred to TSU

• 19-2 CBPO GS-5

11/27 App
        12/18 Exam NOR
        2/6 Eqip submitted
        2/7 SI
        2/8 SI NOR
        2/12 Medical (not cleared)
        2/22 PFT-1 (not cleared)

I've seen decent movement for the 19-X applicants. Have any of you gotten to the poly yet?

Comment

• sixfour
          sixfour commented
          Editing a comment
          well, it looks like my medical is on hold. Per javi87 I checked https://eas.chsmedical.com/ and had my medical under "further evaluation" I emailed them to see what the next steps are... The wait just got longer.

cbradshaw310 are you under "further evaluation"?

• cbradshaw310
          cbradshaw310 commented
          Editing a comment
          I had never looked there, but yes it says the same thing (further evaluation). It may say that for everyone, I'm not sure that they can specifically make that determination or if someone else has the say.. If you would let me know if you get a response that would be great!

• cbradshaw310
          cbradshaw310 commented
          Editing a comment
          sixfour I went ahead and emailed them and got the following response...

Your pre-employment medical examination arrived in our office and is pending review. This is a normal part of the process. Due to the current volume of applicants, we are unable to give you an estimated time in which your files will be reviewed. If, after review, additional information is recommended, you will be contacted by email. Please check your email and mobile app regularly for updates.

• sixfour
          sixfour commented
          Editing a comment
          cbradshaw310 I talked to CHS and they said they forwarded the results to CBP. I called CBP and said that they are backlogged as a result of the shutdown.... and per previous posts, the medical has to clear first before the poly.

• Just joined. But im part of the 19-4 hiring process. Anyone else?

Comment

• LMC
          LMC commented
          Editing a comment
          19-4 here.

steps completed as of today

Entrance Exam (pass)
          Eqip (submitted)
          Structured Interview (pass)
          Medical scheduled for 3/1

how far along are you?
          Last edited by LMC; 02-25-2019, 05:39 PM. Reason: included eqip

• rergang3
          rergang3 commented
          Editing a comment
          LMC Definitely not that far! I applied almost at the end of the process which might be why.

1-29-19 Applied
          2-2-19 Entrance exam
          2-4-19 Results
          2-13-19 Referral

Haven't gotten any further instruction.

• LMC
          LMC commented
          Editing a comment
          rergang3 yea, I believe I submitted my application early January.

• So guys.. I got the call this morning .. and be advised it was a private call.. I have made my decision and called them back a moment ago. I've chose Boston, MA. Has anyone else heard anything back?!
        75%
        18-2 Announcement GS-9
        11/22/17 - Applied
        12/15/17 NOR of vacancy
        12/28/17 - Medical Exam
        1/26/17 - PFT 1
        1/30/18 - eQIP released to OPR
        3/8/18 - SI/Fingerprints
        3/9/18 - SI NOR
        5/18/18 - Polygraph - Valley Stream
        5/29/18 Contacted to continue Poly
        6/7/18 Continuation poly - DC
        6/18/18 - Polygraph NOR
        7/19/18 - eQip released again
        7/30/18 - Received cards to redue Fingerprints
        8/7/18 - Fingerprints received
        8/10/18 - Background started
        10/30/18 - BI Met with Coworkers
        11/14/18 - Met with investigator
        11/26/18 BI spoke with references
        2/6/19 - Background Cleared
        2/13/19 - Drug Test & received Self Medical email
        2/14/19 - Received email Re-Cleared medically
        2/19/19 - Referred to TSU
        ??- Drug Cleared
        2/25/19 - The Call
        Last edited by O_rod86; 02-25-2019, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• O_rod86
          O_rod86 commented
          Editing a comment
          Guteks
          I took the first set of dates offered. She did ask if the dates were good, if any weddings, trip planned i can be offered diff but I aid those were good..

Hal29 I know but def looking forward to a change. I have some family in MA.

• Guteks
          Guteks commented
          Editing a comment
          O_rod86 Thanks for answering. I just got the call and we have the same dates. I’m for San Francisco
          Last edited by Guteks; 03-04-2019, 04:46 PM.

• O_rod86
          O_rod86 commented
          Editing a comment
          Guteks Congratulations!! slowly but surely we will all be moving along. So I'm assuming that you chose CA.

• Guteks
          Guteks commented
          Editing a comment
          O_rod86 Yes, almost 2 years ago I chose San Francisco. I was hoping to get more options when I got the call but was not offered anywhere else. Not a big deal, too bad I can’t find any info about the SF port. I wonder if it’s airport or sea port.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6967 users online. 303 members and 6664 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X