Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the OFO/ Office of Field Operations is the department within CBP that Officers work out of. Border Patrol Agents are classified differently and their hiring announcements will denote BPA/Agent instead of OFO/Officer

Comment

• I just thought about it when i did my bpa app on the 11th, i was asked if i wanted to do the 2 day event si the 1st day and poly the 2nd day i said no but thinking on it now im bout to email then yes, and either fly or drive 8hrs to Lubbock tx. Not only would i be done with poly but that should help my 38%medical for cbp. Dang it it just now clicked. Let bpa do all the work for my cbp app lol

Comment

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        thats what i did, the SI is pretty intense. I had mine in lubbock and they wanted details. watch alot of use of force videos....paint a picture, thats what one of the BPA agents told me in there.

• Any other 18-5 peeps out there? Here is my most recent timeline update:

CBPO 18-5 [Direct Hire] - Current CASS Progress: 50%

Applied: Feb. 4, 2018
      Entrance Exam: Mar. 12, 2018
      Exam Notice of Results: Mar. 22, 2018 PASSED (scored 88)
      Tentative Selection Letter: April 9, 2018 (GS-07)
      e-QIP Submitted: April 12, 2018
      e-QIP Rejected: April 18, 2018 (corrected, re-submitted same day)
      Medical Exam: April 23, 2018
      PFT-1: April 23, 2018 - PASSED
      2nd e-Qip Rejection: May 3, 2018 (corrected, re-submitted same day)
      3rd e-Qip Rejection: May 8, 2018 (corrected, re-submitted same day)
      e-Qip Released to OPR: May 9, 2018 - PASSED
      Structured Interview: June 6, 2018
      SI NOR: June 7, 2018 - PASSED
      Request for Additional Medical Info: June 28th, 2018
      Fingerprint Card Request: July 11th, 2018, completed/submitted July 16th 2018
      Submitted Additional Medical Info: July 19th, 2018
      Medical Cleared: October 26, 2018
      Polygraph: Scheduled: March 8, 2019
      Background Investigation: In Progress
      Drug Test: In Progress
      Final Offer: Pending
      EOD: Pending
      FLETC: Pending

Total Timeline Length to Date: 382 days

Comment

• N.N.
        N.N. commented
        Editing a comment
        LMC once was a typo on an address for a school. The second one was a misunderstanding (I didn’t know a place of birth for a relative and had no way of finding out), my case manager just didn’t read the explanation. The third time was a total mistake, my case manager was apparently letting an intern work on my file and they rejected it to me by accident.
        Last edited by N.N.; 02-21-2019, 11:56 PM.

• LMC
        LMC commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! Good luck with the rest of your process!

• RJ_Jersey
        RJ_Jersey commented
        Editing a comment
        Psh, 382? i remember those days haha - 18-3 here, (429 days total)

• Elgin_87
        Elgin_87 commented
        Editing a comment
        RJ_Jersey Roughly 511 days for me.. (18-1) then location change for (18-3)

• Hi is anyone in 19-2 CBPO for JFK. I am reaching out to see if anyone that is in this announcement. I have completed fitness PFT1 and was wondering how long after will I receive notification for the SI. Also I selected JFK is that where the interview will be held. It will be greatly appreciated if anyone can inform me about my concerns.

Thank you have a great day

Comment

• Hi all, 19-2 applicant here.

I was wondering if there is preferential selection during hiring process. If so, do any of you know of how it works? I'm trying to figure out how/why people's timelines are so inconsistent. Probably futile, but fun to entertain. Per CBP's job announcement:

If you pass the entrance exam and meet minimum qualifications, you will be placed in one of the following categories for referral and consideration:

Best Qualified: Applicants possessing the type and quality of experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications.
        Very Highly Qualified: Applicants possessing the type and quality of experience that exceeds, to a very considerable extent, the minimum qualifications.
        Highly Qualified: Applicants possessing the type and quality of experience that exceeds, to a considerable extent, the minimum qualifications.
        Well Qualified: Applicants possessing the type and quality of experience that marginally exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position and who demonstrate average proficiency in most of the critical competencies.
        Qualified: Applicants possessing the type and quality of experience that meets the minimum qualifications.

Do you remember how you were categorized? You should have seen it after your exam NOR.

P.S.

I've been noticing some applicants (19-X +) that have similar (expedited?) timelines as me. Within 2 months of exam NOR, I've completed (not cleared) everything up until the poly, BI and drug exam. Seems like it's hurry up and wait until you hit the waiting wall for the poly.

Comment

• Judging my the forum looks like they are in the high 18s now for Polly... hoping they get to 18-9 soon. Passed SI 08/31/18

Comment

• Dcherise18088
          Dcherise18088 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm 18-2 and still waiting to be scheduled for poly. Ya just never know nowadays

• So I’m done with everything, just waiting to be referred to TSU, hopefully it doesn’t take forever like the rest of the process

Comment

• d2ep
          d2ep commented
          Editing a comment
          I am in the same boat as you bro.

• bonds525
          bonds525 commented
          Editing a comment
          d2ep how long have you been waiting? Some people get refereed before drug test results, I’m at a week

• 18-6 took poly mid Sept. Met BI Investigator last week of October.

Comment

• I am original 18-4 applicant which I got the call in September. But then in Jan I saw an opening for my desired home port and called MHC to get switched to that port they asked me to reapply and I have everything cleared since last week.

Comment

• d2ep
            d2ep commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you @ eurb

• Hello, 19-3 here. I sent my E-QIP last week, and today I get the same email that I originally got to complete the E-QIP but with a different applicant ID. Does that mean that my E-QIP got kicked back or it is just an error? I would assume my applicant ID wouldn't change if my E-QIP was missing anything. Also. today I get an email saying that I need to do my medical, but I completed my medical earlier in the week. Any thoughts?
          Thanks for the help.

Comment

• N.N.
            N.N. commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you have more than one application active? If not, it's probably just a clerical error. I would reach out to your case manager or MHC.

• Ok so Im really confused and mad today. The medical people are now asking me for MORE medical information, and they are asking for things I cannot provide. I don't know what more I can do. Has anyone had this issue when going through the medical review process? What do y'all think I can do to stay in the process?

Comment

• Luckyjack90
            Luckyjack90 commented
            Editing a comment
            rachrose77 this is my second round of additional medical information request. My main worries are them asking for sleep studies that I dont have for sleep apnea, which I dont have, and information that I swear I already sent to them last time. Do you think they are really strict on this?

• rachrose77
            rachrose77 commented
            Editing a comment
            Luckyjack90 resend any relevant info. Address the missing paperwork or non existent records but stating “I know that you asked for _____ but those medical records or testing was never done so they don’t exist. However, I am sending in_____ as additional medical proof that this issue is resolved/a non issue/etc. but make a formal letter in a document don’t just reply to their email. I just overwhelmed them with additional paperwork and records that were not requested and also called the nurses line several
            Time. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t but you have to at least try

• douglasgene1
            douglasgene1 commented
            Editing a comment
            this happened to me, i had to go to word and type a formal letter about how and why i was diagnosed with anxiety from the Army, how i recovered from back injury without surgery. It took like 14 weeks for them to accept my paperwork. overall I submitted paperwork 3 times for additional.

• Luckyjack90
            Luckyjack90 commented
            Editing a comment
            douglasgene1 I just turned in a big chunk of the stuff they’re requesting. The only snag will be trying to schedule a sleep study to prove that I don’t have sleep apnea, even though I’ve had two doctors confirm I don’t have it. We will hope and see what happens.

• Well I'm not going to lie. This background is dragging on. It's been about 6 months now since meeting with investigator. I don't care if I have to wait 6 months for eod. I just want the process to be completed and over... lol.

Comment

• kli0211
            kli0211 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey Hal29, still no word? Same here it’s also been 6 months. Have you had any luck reaching out to anyone for an update?

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            I tried reaching out but can't get any answers. Nobody knows what the hold up is. Contacted mhc, case manager and recruiter. Same thing. Everyone is different and there is no exact timeline.

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm about 530-540 days.

• double
          Last edited by rachrose77; 02-24-2019, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• Hello, I am new here (recently registered) but have been following up with all of you on your posts and replies. I had taken my polygraph test on February 6th, as soon as the government shut-down was over.
            Its sad to say but, I have failed the polygraph and that has me frustrated and with a sense of being discriminated. I was at 50%, been waiting to be done with all of this with a possitive ending to it. But sadly, it was not the case...
            As I went to my polygraph, I met with this guy (won’t be revealing his name) which we had a talk before starting it, he instructed me on what was going to happen and since it was my first time ever on doing this, he wanted me to do a “practice” test. So far so good, we went with it for like 30 minutes, and everything seemed fine. Next thing I know, he started explaining to me the kinds of questions and what kinds of crimes the questions would be about.
            I was a bit nervous, not because I have done any of those, but because this depended on my career. I have never commited crime against the government or towards others. So I thought everything was going to go perfect. Next thing I know, we start with the questions, and I noticed he started asking the same questions over and over. I was very calm and all, following his instructions and all.
            To my surprise, he stated that he had to stop because apparently we were missing something. He asked me that i was hiding something that had to do with drugs and covering for someone who was living here illegaly. I have never done drugs, not sell them nor anything to do with drugs. I did though, mentioned that I used to date someone that used to live here illegaly but that was back in Mexico, and that once I learned she was doing drugs that I left her. That was like 5 years ago and have not seen her or contacted her ever since...
            He kept insisting that I was hiding something related to drug use or selling, I kept my ground since I have never done drugs. I even told him that I started drinking when I was 24, and that I don’t even smoke (I don’t even drink that much). He then said that if I would be willing to retake it, and I said yes, and that if I had any issues with him being the same one to give me the test and I said that there wouldn’t be any issues.
            Well, a few weeks went by, and I received this email stating unsatisfactory results on the polygraph and that my application would be withdrawn...
            Is there any hopes for me at all?

Comment

• Hal29
              Hal29 commented
              Editing a comment
              You can reapply in 2 years. But unfortunately that is the story for most applicants.

• Alpha0556
              Alpha0556 commented
              Editing a comment
              Unfortunately, that is the run of the mill poly trick that CBP is notorious for. It’s probably inappropriate to discuss it all in details here, but the main object of the background screening SF86 and subsequent polygraph is to make sure all of the information in your SF86 translates indentically with the polygraph. If it doesn’t, and if it is anything more serious than an updated job title/position etc presented before the polygraph, it will quite possibly go the way it did for you for any applicant.

• DP23
              DP23 commented
              Editing a comment
              I took my poly same day as you but haven't received any results yet. What city did you take your test in? Is it good that I haven't received results yet.

• Sharing my timeline thus far. I am just getting started

19-4 VRA

1/9/19 submitted application
            1/24/19 entrance exam
            1/28/19 NOR passed entrance exam
            2/12/19 Started eqip
            2/18/19 submitted eqip
            2/21/19 SI (was not advised if pass or failed)
            3/1/1 Medical

Have not been scheduled for Fitness test yet. It seems like every location has a different order in the way they do their process.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9224 users online. 315 members and 8909 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X