Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone! 18-6 CBP and BPA waiting on background to clear.
    Last edited by Nousername1; 02-20-2019, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• @ JPOL Congrats for moving along the process for CBP I don’t think you are required to take the PFT2 test unless you are in 17-3 announcements but either way you are closer to the EOD.

Comment

• Hi all. Due to Nogales in April and have a bunch of questions if anyone is available to answer them, any help would be appreciated. Mostly general questions about transporting to academy, specifics of academy, and if any has any tips on where to live and other aspects of being in nogales. Thanks in advance!

Comment

• merlin436
          merlin436 commented
          Editing a comment
          Standard travel to/from the academy is by air...excepting local travel.

If it is possible it is advisable to arrange to drive yourself so that you'll have a vehicle available for personal use. Also, if you drive yourself, you can pretty much bring along whatever comfort items you want to FLETC.

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          when us youre eod and academy date?

• For all the 18-8 boys. I got a verbal pass for poly. Hopefully everyone else for their poly dates

Comment

• TESLA3
          TESLA3 commented
          Editing a comment
          congrats! I'm 18-9 still waiting for the schedule

• So correct me if I am wrong but I am getting the trend that poly is happening for some people now.

Comment

• CAL0231
          CAL0231 commented
          Editing a comment
          Seems like they are pushing people through. In a weeks time, I was called, scheduled, verbally passed, and officially passed (18-10).

• Howdy ya'll!!

Been following for a long while, but figured it was time to throw my information in here. Hoping to share any info. I had applied to BPA 16-7, CPBO 16-8, and MIA 19-3.

To be fair to CBP, the 16-X applications were put on hold due to a 3 year military recall. Started the process back in October 2018 and was flying through till the shutdown.

Also waiting on the referral list for MIA 19-3 to be generated (shut down delayed everything).

CBPO (44%)
        Eqip: done
        PFT1: 11/08/2018
        Medical: 10/30/2018
        SI: 12/11/2018
        Poly: not scheduled

BPA (33%):
        SI: Rescheduled to 03/05/18 due to shutdown
        Poly: not scheduled

MIA (waiting on referral)
        CBPO 15-6 **3 yr recall w/ Military, not CBP hiring speed issue***
        CBPO (67%)
        SI: 12/11/2018
        Poly: 4/15/2019
        Poly 2: 5/22/2019
        Poly 2 Check: 5/30/2019
        Drug Screen: 06/05/2019
        BI (initial email): 06/10/2019
        BI Meet: 06/24/2019
        PFT2: 06/26/2019
        Final Call: 07/08/2019 **turned down for GS9 announcement**

CBPO 19-9 (50%)
        Referred: 07/03/2019
        Eqip / Medical / SI / Poly check: 07/09/2019
        PFT1 / BI / Drug Test check: ??
        Final Call: ??

MIA: Resubmitted

Comment

• Would people said they pick ofo is that differ from cbpo

Comment

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            OFO is the office within CBP that virtually all CBPOs work out of.

Not everyone who works in OFO is a CBPO...but the vast majority of OFO are CBPOs.

• JPOL
            JPOL commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you get a choice if you get employed as a CBP?

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            A choice of what?

• Sooo is it a actual position at a office building or something still a lil confused sorry

Comment

• merlin436
            merlin436 commented
            Editing a comment
            Customs and Border Protection Officer(CBPO) is the job. CBPOs generally work out of Ports of Entry(POEs). Most Ports of Entry are either land border ports, airports or seaports. Office of Field Operations(OFO) is a subdivision of Customs and Border Protection(CBP) that largely deals with ports, customs and immigration at legitimate crossings. Office of Border Patrol(OBP) is the Office that Border Patrol falls under. Most Border Patrol employees are Border Patrol Agents(BPAs). Border Patrol usually work between land border POEs pretty much exclusively dealing with non-legitimate border traffic.
            Last edited by merlin436; 02-21-2019, 08:46 PM.

• So the OFO/ Office of Field Operations is the department within CBP that Officers work out of. Border Patrol Agents are classified differently and their hiring announcements will denote BPA/Agent instead of OFO/Officer

Comment

• I just thought about it when i did my bpa app on the 11th, i was asked if i wanted to do the 2 day event si the 1st day and poly the 2nd day i said no but thinking on it now im bout to email then yes, and either fly or drive 8hrs to Lubbock tx. Not only would i be done with poly but that should help my 38%medical for cbp. Dang it it just now clicked. Let bpa do all the work for my cbp app lol

Comment

• douglasgene1
              douglasgene1 commented
              Editing a comment
              thats what i did, the SI is pretty intense. I had mine in lubbock and they wanted details. watch alot of use of force videos....paint a picture, thats what one of the BPA agents told me in there.

• Any other 18-5 peeps out there? Here is my most recent timeline update:

CBPO 18-5 [Direct Hire] - Current CASS Progress: 50%

Applied: Feb. 4, 2018
            Entrance Exam: Mar. 12, 2018
            Exam Notice of Results: Mar. 22, 2018 PASSED (scored 88)
            Tentative Selection Letter: April 9, 2018 (GS-07)
            e-QIP Submitted: April 12, 2018
            e-QIP Rejected: April 18, 2018 (corrected, re-submitted same day)
            Medical Exam: April 23, 2018
            PFT-1: April 23, 2018 - PASSED
            2nd e-Qip Rejection: May 3, 2018 (corrected, re-submitted same day)
            3rd e-Qip Rejection: May 8, 2018 (corrected, re-submitted same day)
            e-Qip Released to OPR: May 9, 2018 - PASSED
            Structured Interview: June 6, 2018
            SI NOR: June 7, 2018 - PASSED
            Request for Additional Medical Info: June 28th, 2018
            Fingerprint Card Request: July 11th, 2018, completed/submitted July 16th 2018
            Submitted Additional Medical Info: July 19th, 2018
            Medical Cleared: October 26, 2018
            Polygraph: Scheduled: March 8, 2019
            Background Investigation: In Progress
            Drug Test: In Progress
            Final Offer: Pending
            EOD: Pending
            FLETC: Pending

Total Timeline Length to Date: 382 days

Comment

• N.N.
              N.N. commented
              Editing a comment
              LMC once was a typo on an address for a school. The second one was a misunderstanding (I didn’t know a place of birth for a relative and had no way of finding out), my case manager just didn’t read the explanation. The third time was a total mistake, my case manager was apparently letting an intern work on my file and they rejected it to me by accident.
              Last edited by N.N.; 02-21-2019, 10:56 PM.

• LMC
              LMC commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks! Good luck with the rest of your process!

• RJ_Jersey
              RJ_Jersey commented
              Editing a comment
              Psh, 382? i remember those days haha - 18-3 here, (429 days total)

• Elgin_87
              Elgin_87 commented
              Editing a comment
              RJ_Jersey Roughly 511 days for me.. (18-1) then location change for (18-3)

• Hi is anyone in 19-2 CBPO for JFK. I am reaching out to see if anyone that is in this announcement. I have completed fitness PFT1 and was wondering how long after will I receive notification for the SI. Also I selected JFK is that where the interview will be held. It will be greatly appreciated if anyone can inform me about my concerns.

Thank you have a great day

Comment

• Hi all, 19-2 applicant here.

I was wondering if there is preferential selection during hiring process. If so, do any of you know of how it works? I'm trying to figure out how/why people's timelines are so inconsistent. Probably futile, but fun to entertain. Per CBP's job announcement:

If you pass the entrance exam and meet minimum qualifications, you will be placed in one of the following categories for referral and consideration:

Best Qualified: Applicants possessing the type and quality of experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications.
              Very Highly Qualified: Applicants possessing the type and quality of experience that exceeds, to a very considerable extent, the minimum qualifications.
              Highly Qualified: Applicants possessing the type and quality of experience that exceeds, to a considerable extent, the minimum qualifications.
              Well Qualified: Applicants possessing the type and quality of experience that marginally exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position and who demonstrate average proficiency in most of the critical competencies.
              Qualified: Applicants possessing the type and quality of experience that meets the minimum qualifications.

Do you remember how you were categorized? You should have seen it after your exam NOR.

P.S.

I've been noticing some applicants (19-X +) that have similar (expedited?) timelines as me. Within 2 months of exam NOR, I've completed (not cleared) everything up until the poly, BI and drug exam. Seems like it's hurry up and wait until you hit the waiting wall for the poly.

Comment

• Judging my the forum looks like they are in the high 18s now for Polly... hoping they get to 18-9 soon. Passed SI 08/31/18

Comment

• Dcherise18088
                Dcherise18088 commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm 18-2 and still waiting to be scheduled for poly. Ya just never know nowadays

• So I’m done with everything, just waiting to be referred to TSU, hopefully it doesn’t take forever like the rest of the process

Comment

• d2ep
                d2ep commented
                Editing a comment
                I am in the same boat as you bro.

• bonds525
                bonds525 commented
                Editing a comment
                d2ep how long have you been waiting? Some people get refereed before drug test results, I’m at a week

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9574 users online. 374 members and 9200 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X