300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zeit_geist View Post
    Anybody scheduled to start the academy in October?
    Yes, I am.

Comment

• Originally posted by karn101 View Post
      Yes, I am.
      Me too.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
        Actually I was hoping to swap to there(if I ever get hired) after my son moves out. I lived up there when I was a kid and loved the hiking, fishing, skiing, hunting. As me and the wife get older the more populus areas are losing their appeal. It was great, cold, but great.

I remember going to school in short sleeves and jeans and having an extra foot of snow on the ground by the time school was done and no school the next day. Those were the days.

Just FYI, I hope you know it will be a while before you can even think about tranferring to a northern station. Seven years (or more) is a distinct possibility. If your son isn't that old, I guess your timeline is safe, if he's in his teens...well just thought I would mention that. Best of luck. What sector did you put in for?

Comment

• Originally posted by bradruth View Post
          Me too.
          Im class 801. You?

Comment

• Wow 801! I hear you guys are going to be the first class going to the 6 day week. But at least you won't have to deal with the heat. Good luck!
            Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dog View Post
              Just FYI, I hope you know it will be a while before you can even think about tranferring to a northern station. Seven years (or more) is a distinct possibility. If your son isn't that old, I guess your timeline is safe, if he's in his teens...well just thought I would mention that. Best of luck. What sector did you put in for?
              He's 9, so I have several years to go. I wasn't planning to move it was just a thought. I still have to talk the wife into it. She grew up in western Washington and wants to get back to the openess of the Pacific Northwest, eventually. I might have a chance to talk her into it, but it's still several years away, even if I were to be hired tomorrow.

I have a TO for Mississippi, which will work for now and at least 20 years (In case I can't swap).
              But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Im in class 806. Just got Fed Ex envelope in mail today with the info

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post

I have a TO for Mississippi
                  When you get a TO, is it for the geo pref or a specific POE? Also, do they specify GS 5 or 7 on the TO?

Thanks
                  He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
                  -- Nietzsche

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                  -- Hemingway

Comment

• Originally posted by rugermk2 View Post
                    When you get a TO, is it for the geo pref or a specific POE? Also, do they specify GS 5 or 7 on the TO?

Thanks
                    Mine is for all of Mississippi. I can't recall hearing anybody saying they received a TO for a specific port. I think that has to do with the fact that it can take a very long time to actually get someone on the job and the needs of the agency could change by then. If I recall correctly they used to ask for up to three geographic preferences. I heard CBP changed that and are now only asking for one.

The rating also comes at a later date. After you receive the TO you will receive a fairly extensive information packet to complete and return. Your pay grade is determined by forms in the packet.
                    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by karn101 View Post
                      Im class 801. You?

Comment

• Sorry for my ignorance

I see there are a lot of oppotunities for CBP in Long Beach it seems. What is a typical day for an officer at the port of Long Beach. What type of duties and tasks do you perform?

I serached their site a lot, and I really found nothing about what a typical day is like. I read a lot of posts about boredom and repetition, but doing what?

Also what is the PT like for CBP at FLEETC?

Comment

• Medical Exam Expectations

Originally posted by johnspartan View Post
                          I see there are a lot of oppotunities for CBP in Long Beach it seems. What is a typical day for an officer at the port of Long Beach. What type of duties and tasks do you perform?

I serached their site a lot, and I really found nothing about what a typical day is like. I read a lot of posts about boredom and repetition, but doing what?

Also what is the PT like for CBP at FLEETC?
                          I am in the testing process for Long Beach, I have the medical exam in two weeks. I have a friend that works there and says alot of work is routine and that he is sometimes very bored.

Does anyone here know if they do blood tests at the pre appointment physical? Or is it just a routine physical without the blood work

Comment

• Does anyone know when the next CBP nationwide opening will be, or specifically in the New England area?

Comment

• Originally posted by JordanJZ View Post
                              Does anyone know when the next CBP nationwide opening will be, or specifically in the New England area?
                              You probably won't see anything until after the start of the fiscal year 2008. That is rapidly approaching on Oct 1st.

Comment

• Does anybody know how much time off is typically given after the training academy before you start at your post? Just wondering how much time I'll have to move. Thanks!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12915 users online. 436 members and 12479 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X