Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone currently in FLETC that I can PM??? Travel Day is next Wednesday for FLETC Thursday just a few questions pertaining to what you pack and what was already provided by the academy! Thanks!

Comment

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Jones- are you a veteran? ive been trying to get info on who to talk to about my VA benifits for OJT (on the job training) I have 4 forms to fil out but 3/4 is for DHS to fill out. The recruiters are a joke and the TSU contractor told me not to use it lol the recruiter told me the same thing.

• Jones415
      Jones415 commented
      Editing a comment
      douglasgene1 I am not a veteran so I’m sorry I can’t help ya.

• HillbillyKY
      HillbillyKY commented
      Editing a comment
      Jones415 what firearms are being shot at FLETC/what is duty carry pistol?

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      The current issued sidearm is the H&K P2000 .40 caliber. There is a new 9MM coming in the future.

Standard fare for the average CBPO includes qualification in the M4 .223 and the 12 gauge.

• I applied and accepted offer as a g7 , fixed my resume and reapplied and got accepted for g9. Does anyone know if I would get another call from tsu or how does it work when everything transfers over to the new announcement. Thank you.
    Last edited by E1420; 02-20-2019, 12:09 AM.

Comment

• Did you accept the final offer for GS7? Did you select the same location for GS9?

Comment

• E1420
        E1420 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I accepted, and same location for the 9.

• So I got a hypothetical for y’all. I’m in the hiring process for CBPO 18-8 VRA GS7, I just got my tentative selection letter for BPA VRA GS9 today.

If I were to reapply for CBPO GS9, but labeled as not eligible for whatever reason, would I have to start over or would I stay in the hiring process with GS7?

Also, if I were to be accepted as a CBPO GS9 would it push me to the back of the hiring process line since it’s a later announcement?

Comment

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        shouldnt matter, i used the same resume for both and they accepted them both for a GS9

• Luckyjack90
        Luckyjack90 commented
        Editing a comment
        douglasgene1 do you know if you got pushed to the back of the line for CBPO?

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        i dont believe so, i applied for both at the same time pretty much. BPA did all the leg work for CBP moved my packet right along

• I messaged a recruiter yesterday and got a reply in 10 minutes which Is was far off the typical standard I’m used to so far. No real answer but a game me a bit more hope. My guess is that everyone at 50% is at the same point.

“I was able to look up both your background and your status in the system. Background in still pending and as you stated, your poly is awaiting scheduling. Last touch on your background was on 2/15/19 so they are moving in the right direction. Unfortunately, 70% of all are applicants are at the same stage so it is just taking a bit of time to get through them all in a timely fashion.

While I do not have a time frame for you on this I expect that it will move along shortly for you.”

Comment

• Does anyone know if we receive a call from Lowell, MA. I received a call this morning but missed it, and shortly after my husband did too, and he too couldn’t answer at work. But when I attempt to call it back it doesn’t ring.

Comment

• Just got in the call for the polygraph, taking it approx. a month from now. Announcement job 18-8 (Normal Hire), Process so far has been about 7 months for me, 50% CASS, just need PFT2, Drug, BI, Polygraph.

Any tips for a first time polygraph examinee?
          Last edited by JPOL; 02-20-2019, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• Alpha0556
            Alpha0556 commented
            Editing a comment
            I thought they discontinued PFT-2

• Elgin_87
            Elgin_87 commented
            Editing a comment
            JPOL you have to do the PFT-2?

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            No pft2 for that announcement

• CAL0231
            CAL0231 commented
            Editing a comment
            Just took/passed mine this last week (18-10). Yes, there are some horror stories out there, but it is a pretty easy and straightforward process (now anyways). I was in and out in 3 hours, and only a small fraction of that was actual testing. The examiner will go over the test with you prior to you being hooked up, so you won't be surprised by any of the test questions. Just relax, be truthful, and be cordial/accommodating to your examiner.

• Hello everyone! 18-6 CBP and BPA waiting on background to clear.
          Last edited by Nousername1; 02-20-2019, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• @ JPOL Congrats for moving along the process for CBP I don’t think you are required to take the PFT2 test unless you are in 17-3 announcements but either way you are closer to the EOD.

Comment

• Hi all. Due to Nogales in April and have a bunch of questions if anyone is available to answer them, any help would be appreciated. Mostly general questions about transporting to academy, specifics of academy, and if any has any tips on where to live and other aspects of being in nogales. Thanks in advance!

Comment

• merlin436
                merlin436 commented
                Editing a comment
                Standard travel to/from the academy is by air...excepting local travel.

If it is possible it is advisable to arrange to drive yourself so that you'll have a vehicle available for personal use. Also, if you drive yourself, you can pretty much bring along whatever comfort items you want to FLETC.

• douglasgene1
                douglasgene1 commented
                Editing a comment
                when us youre eod and academy date?

• For all the 18-8 boys. I got a verbal pass for poly. Hopefully everyone else for their poly dates

Comment

• TESLA3
                TESLA3 commented
                Editing a comment
                congrats! I'm 18-9 still waiting for the schedule

• So correct me if I am wrong but I am getting the trend that poly is happening for some people now.

Comment

• CAL0231
                CAL0231 commented
                Editing a comment
                Seems like they are pushing people through. In a weeks time, I was called, scheduled, verbally passed, and officially passed (18-10).

• Howdy ya'll!!

Been following for a long while, but figured it was time to throw my information in here. Hoping to share any info. I had applied to BPA 16-7, CPBO 16-8, and MIA 19-3.

To be fair to CBP, the 16-X applications were put on hold due to a 3 year military recall. Started the process back in October 2018 and was flying through till the shutdown.

Also waiting on the referral list for MIA 19-3 to be generated (shut down delayed everything).

CBPO (44%)
              Eqip: done
              PFT1: 11/08/2018
              Medical: 10/30/2018
              SI: 12/11/2018
              Poly: not scheduled

BPA (33%):
              SI: Rescheduled to 03/05/18 due to shutdown
              Poly: not scheduled

MIA (waiting on referral)
              CBPO 15-6 **3 yr recall w/ Military***
              CBPO (67%)
              SI: 12/11/2018
              Poly: 4/15/2019
              Poly 2: 5/22/2019
              Poly 2 Check: 5/30/2019
              Drug Screen: 06/05/2019
              BI (initial email): 06/10/2019
              BI Meet: 06/24/2019
              PFT2: 06/26/2019
              Final Call: 07/08/2019 **turned down for GS9**

CBPO 19-9 (75%)
              Referred: 07/03/2019
              Eqip / Medical / SI / Poly check: 07/09/2019
              PFT1 / Drug Test check: 07/18/2019
              BI check: ??
              Final Call: 08/30/2019 (Gs9 SEA-TAC)
              EOD: 11/15/2019

Comment

• Would people said they pick ofo is that differ from cbpo

Comment

• merlin436
                  merlin436 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  OFO is the office within CBP that virtually all CBPOs work out of.

Not everyone who works in OFO is a CBPO...but the vast majority of OFO are CBPOs.

• JPOL
                  JPOL commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Do you get a choice if you get employed as a CBP?

• merlin436
                  merlin436 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  A choice of what?

• Sooo is it a actual position at a office building or something still a lil confused sorry

Comment

• merlin436
                  merlin436 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Customs and Border Protection Officer(CBPO) is the job. CBPOs generally work out of Ports of Entry(POEs). Most Ports of Entry are either land border ports, airports or seaports. Office of Field Operations(OFO) is a subdivision of Customs and Border Protection(CBP) that largely deals with ports, customs and immigration at legitimate crossings. Office of Border Patrol(OBP) is the Office that Border Patrol falls under. Most Border Patrol employees are Border Patrol Agents(BPAs). Border Patrol usually work between land border POEs pretty much exclusively dealing with non-legitimate border traffic.
                  Last edited by merlin436; 02-21-2019, 08:46 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8760 users online. 430 members and 8330 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X