Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I left out my residency and provisional clear forms doing my BI packet and have been waiting for my investigator to re open my packet. But no reply. I sent another email asking for an extension. Would this be grounds to be withdrawn automatically?

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Like I said email your case manager and email the forms. That's not your bi investigator. It's your case manager.

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, right case manager*. I’m just waiting for a reply from him before I just send him my forms

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      You won't get withdrawn. If you ever have to recertify eqip they will have you sign again.

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Hal, I appreciate you

• Is anyone waiting for JFK port. I applied for JFK back in November 2018. I am going for the PFT1 and then the SI. I was wondering if anyone has had their SI done recently for JFK and was it held at JFK or in the City. My fitness is in Manhattan.

Comment

• xknuckles
      xknuckles commented
      Editing a comment
      I am, that’s weird. First time I took the cbp exam, everything was scheduled at jfk including fitness. Back then it was video interview and it was at the CBP building at jfk

• JPOL
      JPOL commented
      Editing a comment
      I did my fitness in Manhattan as well, near wall street iirc. I've had my SI done in Newark because I believe that was open at the time, but I do know my friend who applied later than I did chose JFK as the place to do everything.

• Kevin1234
      Kevin1234 commented
      Editing a comment
      I applied in October, I did my Fitness and SI at JFK, took my fingerprints there as well. I've been stuck on 25% since December after I passed my fitness. I did my Medical, I'm still waiting for that. Plus my Background Packet is Still in que to be reviewed they said. It's been 4 months since I applied.

• Anyone know how long it takes for drug test to clear

Comment

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      O_rod86 nice so you got schedule for DT i see, im wondering if im gonna be schedule for same location. still waiting for clearance tho.

• KevinMO91
      KevinMO91 commented
      Editing a comment
      It took a couple weeks for mine to finally show up green on the CASS app

• O_rod86
      O_rod86 commented
      Editing a comment
      How many days after the DT you got the call?? KevinMO91. Hoping this move along in case the shutdown occurs again.
      Last edited by O_rod86; 02-13-2019, 02:43 PM.

• O_rod86
      O_rod86 commented
      Editing a comment
      raudy06 If you do, it’s not bad. Parking lot available. Spent about an hr total. Best of luck

• Anyone from 18-3 going for JFK still active and going through process? Where is everyone at? I’ve been waiting for poly for about 5 months now. Just a hurry up and wait game going on here. No useful info from case manager and he gave me an email for poly scheduling that never replies.

Comment

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      yup 18-3 here, took poly in September 2018, background was done and submitted on November 27 2018 , i have been waiting for adjudication and drugs test ever since. will be almost 3 months the 27 of this month or maybe two if we are not counting the shutdown.

• Kevin1234
      Kevin1234 commented
      Editing a comment
      I applied in October, I did my Fitness and SI at JFK, took my fingerprints there as well. I've been stuck on 25% since December after I passed my fitness. I did my Medical, I'm still waiting for that. Plus my Background Packet is Still in que to be reviewed they said. It's been 4 months since I applied.

• mobyfish
      mobyfish commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m going to jfk. 19-1 announcement. I EOD Apri 4th. FLETC is Apr 19-Aug 23

• Anyone else 18-10? How far along are you?

CBPO 18-10 [Direct Hire] - Current CASS Progress: 38%

Applied: 7/10/18

Entrance Exam: 7/18/18

Exam Notice of Results: 7/26/18 PASSED

Tentative Selection Letter: 8/13/18 (GS-07)

e-QIP Submitted: 8/22/18

Medical exam: 8/27/18 EWR

PFT-1: 8/28/18- JFK Passed

e-QIP Rejected: 10/30/18 resubmitted 11/01/18

Structured Interview: 10/03/18 verbal pass and fingerprinted

SI NOR: 10/04/18

2nd e-Qip Rejection: 12/18/18 (corrected, re-submitted same day)

e-Qip Released to OPR: 12/18/18 pending

Comment

• Mkebdani
      Mkebdani commented
      Editing a comment
      I applied same time as you and still waiting for polygraph and drug test. I sent several email to the file manager and have not heard from her since November. Still at 38% as well

• Sspence861
      Sspence861 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m 18-11, waiting for a medical clear and a poly date

• Sspence861
      Sspence861 commented
      Editing a comment
      18-11 here, waiting for a green on my medical and a poly date.

• Aaronag12
      Aaronag12 commented
      Editing a comment
      18-10
      Eqip submitted 1/18
      Medical exam 1/19/18
      Fitness 1/19/18
      Structured interview 4/18/18
      Poly 5/18
      Met with BI 5/18
      Cass still shows 63%
      pending drug test, background investigation

• 17-9 here, trying not to complain. The hiring process for any law enforcement agency is long and arduous, especially an agency that is hiring thousands at a time. It is hard to have patience in this process but I know this job will be a lot better way of life than with the sheriffs office and eventually pays better. Waiting on the polygraph and hopefully hear something soon. Reading this thread has kept me focused on the long game, getting to hear everybody else’s process. Some get lucky and sneak through fast but most are on the same timeline. Keep your heads up everybody.

Comment

• bonds525
      bonds525 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m 17-8 just waiting for drug test to clear and I’m done

• Srhernza115
      Srhernza115 commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. It does get frustrating just biding time trying to see if you get any news. I think that sharing our experiences with one another has helped me mentally and given me more patience. I feel like I’m more than halfway there but at the same time so far away. Hopefully things move quick.

• eurb
      eurb commented
      Editing a comment
      18-4 dh and 18-7 vra applied feb 2018. Currently going through the process for the Los Angeles county sheriffs dept as well. However pay and retirement for the county are better than cbp but will take whichever comes first

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      eurb- research Federal retirement- thrift savings (TSP) and then tell me county retirement is better. If you research on this more you will change youre mind. The plan is gold as long as you put in money every year and month.

• PFT1 tomorrow in DE
    Last edited by Briscora; 02-12-2019, 03:21 PM.

Comment

• Well , it looks like they updated some of the info on the CBP Poly FAQ info page this week... Seems like they've removed "IACADSCHEDULING" as the point of contact for the poly team, and now they're just directing everyone to the "CBP Applicant Contact Center" for questions... Of course though, any CBP Official you try and ask questions about the polygraph to says they "have nothing to do with the poly" and say you need to "talk with OPR/CAD for an update," which I'm 99% sure is the response I'll get. But then the real kicker is, it's absolutely impossible to get in contact with OPR/CAD.

So everybody really is flying blind when it comes to the poly step. If you're experiencing an incredibly long wait like me, you have no idea if you're just super unlucky and you're in the location with the longest waits in the country, or if your file slipped under somebody's desk months ago and they're never gonna get to you. You have no way changing your location, or asking if you can opt to travel to multiple locations to speed things up. There's absolutely no way to get in touch with anyone for an update to find out... It really doesn't make sense to me. Any other part of the process (eQip, Medical, Fitness, SI, etc.) all have specific points of contact that will get back to you within a few days at most with some type of an update. When it comes to the poly though, your literally at the mercy of the OPR gods...
      Last edited by N.N.; 02-12-2019, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• DP23
        DP23 commented
        Editing a comment
        They don't reply anyway so you're not missing anything there & the way these poly results have been going lately consider yourself lucky lol. Since the shutdown ended I've seen one passed poly, myself included although I've yet to receive results.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Apply to a new announcement.

• ian.gavin
        ian.gavin commented
        Editing a comment
        Just got an email back from the Applicant Contact Center. Just as I figured just a copy and paste standard reply when inquiring about my poly.

“Thank you for contacting the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Applicant Contact Center.

In response to your email inquiry regarding your polygraph examination, please note that the government shutdown caused a delay in receiving a response regarding applications and/or the next step(s) in the hiring process. However, now that the shutdown has ended, we are working diligently to process applications and support you through the hiring journey. We understand your concern regarding the fact that you have not received any information regarding your exam. However, it is completely normal for this step of the hiring process to take much longer than the other steps. We ask that you continue to monitor your email and/or the CBP Jobs Mobile App for further instruction regarding your polygraph examination. An examiner will contact you to schedule your exam”.

• Has anyone received a NOPA during the BI? If so, how long did you have to wait to receive a final suitability determination from OPR?

I received one and provided my response in November.

Comment

• Got a response back from the new "CBP Applicant Contact Center." Unfortunately as I expected, it was basically the same cut/paste reply you'd get from any of the old points of contact. "You will be contacted by a representative from the Credibility Assessment Division, continue to monitor your email and phone for updates."

That's all fine and dandy, but when that's literally all you've been told for 8+ months, it gets real old, real fast. Smh...

Comment

• So I spoke with my brother in law (he's a BP Supervisor). He was in Lubbock conducting BP SI's. I asked him whats going on with the polygraph. He told me CBP changed contractors again. He said too many people were failing that should have been passing. Former military guys with top clearances couldn't pass. He said guys would fail the CBP/BP poly and then go on to pass an LAPD poly. That's why we're all in limbo right now.

Attached Files
          Last edited by Tremellio; 02-13-2019, 01:03 PM.
          CBPO 18-11
          Preferred Duty Location: El Paso, TX
          5/04/18: Exam
          5/09/18: NOR
          6/29/18: Fitness Test
          6/29/18: Medical Evaluation
          7/02/18: Fitness Cleared
          7/05/18: Medical Cleared
          7/13/18: E-QIP Submitted
          8/07/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added FS-545)
          8/13/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added Documentation of Mother's Citizenship)
          8/15/18: E-QIP Released to OPR
          8/15/18: Structured Interview & Fingerprints
          3/10/19: Polygraph

Drug Test: Pending

Comment

• Evolution81
            Evolution81 commented
            Editing a comment
            No Rosenberg Tex..but the guy was a moonlighting SA for another agency also..he travels around

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            My guy traveled too. He said he was a nerd with a briefcase and a gun. Probably was the same guy.

• Evolution81
            Evolution81 commented
            Editing a comment
            yea that guy was cool as hell..i liked how he explained what to worry about what not to worry about beforehand

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah he even asked me how long I wanted to take break for. He was like. You smoke? Are you tired? Go take break grab a coffee. I said I can have coffee? He's like I'm not testing you on your coffee intake or your nerves....lol.

• Well my pft1 was a success!!! Guess its waiting time for the poly....

Comment

• Tremellio
            Tremellio commented
            Editing a comment
            Congratulations!

• Hey Briscora congrats to you I’m taking my PFT1 next I hope it’s not that hard

Comment

• Briscora
            Briscora commented
            Editing a comment
            It was a lot easier than i expected. I was a little tired after the step test though.

• Anyone that took the poly get told they did pass my the polygrapher and get called back after? I just did mine today and was told I passed but I heard some people had to go back. I was straight up told I did pass but not sure if that means anything lol

Comment

• category631
            category631 commented
            Editing a comment
            O_rod86 same with me, exact same

• mobyfish
            mobyfish commented
            Editing a comment
            I got the verbal pass from my examiner. He assured me that QC would concur with him. And a week later I received an email from him stating that QC accepted his results and agreed that I passed.

• TheChicagoKid1990
            TheChicagoKid1990 commented
            Editing a comment
            That's good to hear! Thanks

• TheChicagoKid1990
            TheChicagoKid1990 commented
            Editing a comment
            Just checked the app shows a pass for polygraph. Just waiting for drug test call and background to clear! I'm in the process for Patrol and Protection. Hoping to hear from Protection for the spot in Chicago! Anyone else testing for both?

• O_rod86 so are you still waiting? Also if so how long? I just have been through so many police processes I don't wanna get too optimistic lol I'm banking on the yes is yes but I've been let down before haha

Comment

• O_rod86
            O_rod86 commented
            Editing a comment
            Went for my drug test yesterday and also sent back the email for medical self certification. Got emailed back today that I’m recleared medically.. now I wait the call and the passing of the drug test. I applied back dec 2017

• Srhernza115
            Srhernza115 commented
            Editing a comment
            O_rod86 I hope they move on to people from the 18-4 announcement once they’re done with 18-3. I just want some kind of news...

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8665 users online. 334 members and 8331 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X