Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      good news, im 18-8 been waiting too...

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats... I'm 18-5 DH, been waiting since June to have mine scheduled...

• JPOL
      JPOL commented
      Editing a comment
      Im 18-8 too, took my SI the first week of September. I'm normal hire though. I live in NYC and hopefully I get NJ or Valley Stream or JFK for my poly. Also, you can get calls during the weekends? I thought they don't work on Sat/Sunday.

• Hopejoy
      Hopejoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck to you!

• It’s been over 3 weeks since my polygraph exam, and I have yet to receive my results. It currently says “pending” and “you’ll be notified of your results and application status by email. It has read this for a little over a week now.

Is it a good sign, bad sign, or is there any correlation at all between how long it takes to receive results after QC and pass/fail/inconclusive?

I’m patiently waiting, just curious. Thanks all!
    Last edited by logan94; 02-09-2019, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      logan94 Mine still says pending as well. No news is good news, QC and/or adjudicators are reviewing it. I took my Wednesday & was told I didn't pass however I haven't received anything saying so. I'm starting to think my examiner was bluffing because he was trying to make me admit to something even though I was 100% truthful.

• eurb
      eurb commented
      Editing a comment
      I never received any update email on a pass or fail. In about 2 weeks my cass just got a checkmark next poly, when i open that it says polygraph pass.

• otap21
      otap21 commented
      Editing a comment
      DP23 same thing happened to me! Still patiently waiting, it’s been a little over 2 weeks since the exam and still nothing. How about you? Any word?

• Double post...
    Last edited by DP23; 02-09-2019, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• Anyone else apply to the 19-5 announcement?

Comment

• I got the call before the shutdown and was told to choose between Border Patrol or OFO. I chose OFO due to the many locations offered. Pay for both Jobs is better than my LEO position now. I chose OFO at Dulles Airport. The second day after the shutdown ended I got a call from training. I am supposed to start May 1-15 at Dulles and then the academy on the 16th.

Hang in there guys! I applied back in late 2017. Got hung up for 4 months on the medical. It will sit at 38% until it clears so dont get discourage. After that I took the polygraph which lasted about 2 hours. Got contacted by my background investigator about a week after that. He completed my background I'm four days and withing 28 days I got clearance. They schedule the drug test as soon as it clears. I got the call while I was at the facility doing the drug test.

Looking forward to new career. My fiance applied in November and she has passed the interview, medical, and fitness test all before the shutdown. She is waiting for the poly now. So for those of you you have just applied, things appear to be moving quick. Good luck to all.

PM me if you have any questions.
        -Best Regards, D. Brown

Comment

• bonds525
          bonds525 commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha yea man, I re certified my medical
          And I just put I’m 100% even tho I did get injured at work and stuff but not worth going through additional waiting. I passed the BPA test in November but I guess my transcripts where bad or something so they DQ me lol, hopefully I get the call this week

• LMC
          LMC commented
          Editing a comment
          bonds525 what do you mean by transcripts were bad?

• bonds525
          bonds525 commented
          Editing a comment
          LMC when you apply on USA jobs
          You attach your resume and transcripts if you have any from school
          I attached the ones from my cbpo app and I guess where missing info

• LMC
          LMC commented
          Editing a comment
          bonds525 got it. thanks dude.

• Anyone else starting FLETC July 1?

Comment

• E1420
          E1420 commented
          Editing a comment
          I do , eod to Laredo tx 6/17.

• Applied for both BPA DH 18-11 and CBPO 19-1, completed all steps up to polygraph in October.

Comment

• I have received my final offer and dates! I will be going to Dulles, VA for my duty station. I EOD June 24th and FLETC July 11. I am currently federal law enforcement now and have been to FLETC before, but ready to go back!

Quick question for anyone working now....... What are opportunities to become a K-9 unit. I know the school for it is in VA, but curious what options are to become one.

Comment

• klocklear86
            klocklear86 commented
            Editing a comment
            What app are you? I was 18-6 DH and now I am 19-2 regular. Just waiting on my background to clear. Also, I am in federal law enforcement.

• HillbillyKY
            HillbillyKY commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally 17-11, but put a new GS9 app in and got picked up as the 9. I entered under a provisional clearance.

• Has anyone recently been hired to work a seaport? Im curious how that compares to an airport?

Comment

• Hou33guy
            Hou33guy commented
            Editing a comment
            No guns allow on the ships for what i heard

• Anyone applied for BPA DH 18-11 still waiting on background to clear? I met with investigator 11/30.
          Last edited by Hopejoy; 02-11-2019, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
            V_AntCBP commented
            Editing a comment
            dang, I'm 18-8 DH and still waiting to take poly... You already met your BI few months ago? lol Hopejoy

• Hopejoy
            Hopejoy commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, January does not count due to the government shutdown.

• Sspence861
            Sspence861 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m 18–11 and waiting for my medical to clear

• Hopejoy
            Hopejoy commented
            Editing a comment
            Sspence861, nice to see another 18-11. Are you BPA direct hire? When was your medical submitted?

• Hi I’m pretty new here but have been following this thread for the past few days. I applied back in Jan 2018 and I’m still currently in the process but I’m starting to run low on patience. I know this is a waiting game but it’s hard sometimes especially since Im not too happy with my current job.

Currently im sitting at 63%. My Background is still pending along with my drug test. Is anyone kinda in the same boat?

Comment

• Srhernza115
            Srhernza115 commented
            Editing a comment
            I applied for direct hire BPA GS-07.

• Hopejoy
            Hopejoy commented
            Editing a comment
            Srhernza115, that is good, DH goes fast...

• Evolution81
            Evolution81 commented
            Editing a comment
            DH does not go fast for everyone....i am dh and im almost 1.5 years in

• Hopejoy
            Hopejoy commented
            Editing a comment
            That's true, every applicant is different and has different issues to be solved at every stage during the process, some may have to wait longer than others for medical clearance or have a lengthy background check.

• Yes I did back in October and I believe my background was submitted in early November.

Comment

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            Dh goes fast? Well I'm dh and I'm coming up on 17 months. Not really sure fast is the word I would use. Dh is just for south west border. Not expedited.

• Well, today I received my unfavorable results for the polygraph. I’m not sure why I was failed. I even came forward about a sexual crime I was a victim of, and it clearly bothered me a lot to talk about. I was even told I would be rescheduled in 3-4 weeks.

I could not have been more honest. Now I regret coming forward. And I’m here at the end of the road. I’m devastated.

Comment

• Hal29
            Hal29 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry to hear. Keep your head up.

• DP23
            DP23 commented
            Editing a comment
            logan94 That sucks, did you come forward with new information after the polygraph was over. I'm waiting on poly results myself, you mind if I send you a PM.

• logan94
            logan94 commented
            Editing a comment
            I did not change my answers or present new info post-exam. And I don’t mind if you send me a PM. DP23

• Evolution81
            Evolution81 commented
            Editing a comment
            poly you have to speak YOUR truth..some things are better left unsaid..sorry bro...you can reapply in 2 years...but hopefully you didn't shoot yourself admitting to things they did not ask.....because they will compare poly results in the future
            Last edited by Evolution81; 02-11-2019, 09:46 PM.

• Any current or prior applicants from Lubbock, TX or the surrounding area?

Comment

• Did my bpa app today in hopes of speeding up my cbpo app, selected the 2 day event for si, and poly. I hope this works in my favor

Comment

• Luckyjack90
              Luckyjack90 commented
              Editing a comment
              I did the same thing. I wanted to see which would get done more quickly.

• Hou33guy
              Hou33guy commented
              Editing a comment
              Just finished my assessment

• Luckyjack90
              Luckyjack90 commented
              Editing a comment
              Got my tentative selection letter for GS9 BPA

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8111 users online. 327 members and 7784 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X