Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone recently been hired to work a seaport? Im curious how that compares to an airport?

Comment

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      No guns allow on the ships for what i heard

• Anyone applied for BPA DH 18-11 still waiting on background to clear? I met with investigator 11/30.
    Last edited by Hopejoy; 02-11-2019, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      dang, I'm 18-8 DH and still waiting to take poly... You already met your BI few months ago? lol Hopejoy

• Hopejoy
      Hopejoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, January does not count due to the government shutdown.

• Sspence861
      Sspence861 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m 18–11 and waiting for my medical to clear

• Hopejoy
      Hopejoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Sspence861, nice to see another 18-11. Are you BPA direct hire? When was your medical submitted?

• Hi I’m pretty new here but have been following this thread for the past few days. I applied back in Jan 2018 and I’m still currently in the process but I’m starting to run low on patience. I know this is a waiting game but it’s hard sometimes especially since Im not too happy with my current job.

Currently im sitting at 63%. My Background is still pending along with my drug test. Is anyone kinda in the same boat?

Comment

• Srhernza115
      Srhernza115 commented
      Editing a comment
      I applied for direct hire BPA GS-07.

• Hopejoy
      Hopejoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Srhernza115, that is good, DH goes fast...

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      DH does not go fast for everyone....i am dh and im almost 1.5 years in

• Hopejoy
      Hopejoy commented
      Editing a comment
      That's true, every applicant is different and has different issues to be solved at every stage during the process, some may have to wait longer than others for medical clearance or have a lengthy background check.

• Yes I did back in October and I believe my background was submitted in early November.

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Dh goes fast? Well I'm dh and I'm coming up on 17 months. Not really sure fast is the word I would use. Dh is just for south west border. Not expedited.

• Well, today I received my unfavorable results for the polygraph. I’m not sure why I was failed. I even came forward about a sexual crime I was a victim of, and it clearly bothered me a lot to talk about. I was even told I would be rescheduled in 3-4 weeks.

I could not have been more honest. Now I regret coming forward. And I’m here at the end of the road. I’m devastated.

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry to hear. Keep your head up.

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      logan94 That sucks, did you come forward with new information after the polygraph was over. I'm waiting on poly results myself, you mind if I send you a PM.

• logan94
      logan94 commented
      Editing a comment
      I did not change my answers or present new info post-exam. And I don’t mind if you send me a PM. DP23

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      poly you have to speak YOUR truth..some things are better left unsaid..sorry bro...you can reapply in 2 years...but hopefully you didn't shoot yourself admitting to things they did not ask.....because they will compare poly results in the future
      Last edited by Evolution81; 02-11-2019, 09:46 PM.

• Any current or prior applicants from Lubbock, TX or the surrounding area?

Comment

• Did my bpa app today in hopes of speeding up my cbpo app, selected the 2 day event for si, and poly. I hope this works in my favor

Comment

• Luckyjack90
        Luckyjack90 commented
        Editing a comment
        I did the same thing. I wanted to see which would get done more quickly.

• Hou33guy
        Hou33guy commented
        Editing a comment
        Just finished my assessment

• Luckyjack90
        Luckyjack90 commented
        Editing a comment
        Got my tentative selection letter for GS9 BPA

• I left out my residency and provisional clear forms doing my BI packet and have been waiting for my investigator to re open my packet. But no reply. I sent another email asking for an extension. Would this be grounds to be withdrawn automatically?

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Like I said email your case manager and email the forms. That's not your bi investigator. It's your case manager.

• xknuckles
        xknuckles commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, right case manager*. I’m just waiting for a reply from him before I just send him my forms

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        You won't get withdrawn. If you ever have to recertify eqip they will have you sign again.

• xknuckles
        xknuckles commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Hal, I appreciate you

• Is anyone waiting for JFK port. I applied for JFK back in November 2018. I am going for the PFT1 and then the SI. I was wondering if anyone has had their SI done recently for JFK and was it held at JFK or in the City. My fitness is in Manhattan.

Comment

• xknuckles
        xknuckles commented
        Editing a comment
        I am, that’s weird. First time I took the cbp exam, everything was scheduled at jfk including fitness. Back then it was video interview and it was at the CBP building at jfk

• JPOL
        JPOL commented
        Editing a comment
        I did my fitness in Manhattan as well, near wall street iirc. I've had my SI done in Newark because I believe that was open at the time, but I do know my friend who applied later than I did chose JFK as the place to do everything.

• Kevin1234
        Kevin1234 commented
        Editing a comment
        I applied in October, I did my Fitness and SI at JFK, took my fingerprints there as well. I've been stuck on 25% since December after I passed my fitness. I did my Medical, I'm still waiting for that. Plus my Background Packet is Still in que to be reviewed they said. It's been 4 months since I applied.

• Anyone know how long it takes for drug test to clear

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        O_rod86 nice so you got schedule for DT i see, im wondering if im gonna be schedule for same location. still waiting for clearance tho.

• KevinMO91
        KevinMO91 commented
        Editing a comment
        It took a couple weeks for mine to finally show up green on the CASS app

• O_rod86
        O_rod86 commented
        Editing a comment
        How many days after the DT you got the call?? KevinMO91. Hoping this move along in case the shutdown occurs again.
        Last edited by O_rod86; 02-13-2019, 02:43 PM.

• O_rod86
        O_rod86 commented
        Editing a comment
        raudy06 If you do, it’s not bad. Parking lot available. Spent about an hr total. Best of luck

• Anyone from 18-3 going for JFK still active and going through process? Where is everyone at? I’ve been waiting for poly for about 5 months now. Just a hurry up and wait game going on here. No useful info from case manager and he gave me an email for poly scheduling that never replies.

Comment

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        yup 18-3 here, took poly in September 2018, background was done and submitted on November 27 2018 , i have been waiting for adjudication and drugs test ever since. will be almost 3 months the 27 of this month or maybe two if we are not counting the shutdown.

• Kevin1234
        Kevin1234 commented
        Editing a comment
        I applied in October, I did my Fitness and SI at JFK, took my fingerprints there as well. I've been stuck on 25% since December after I passed my fitness. I did my Medical, I'm still waiting for that. Plus my Background Packet is Still in que to be reviewed they said. It's been 4 months since I applied.

• mobyfish
        mobyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m going to jfk. 19-1 announcement. I EOD Apri 4th. FLETC is Apr 19-Aug 23

• Anyone else 18-10? How far along are you?

CBPO 18-10 [Direct Hire] - Current CASS Progress: 38%

Applied: 7/10/18

Entrance Exam: 7/18/18

Exam Notice of Results: 7/26/18 PASSED

Tentative Selection Letter: 8/13/18 (GS-07)

e-QIP Submitted: 8/22/18

Medical exam: 8/27/18 EWR

PFT-1: 8/28/18- JFK Passed

e-QIP Rejected: 10/30/18 resubmitted 11/01/18

Structured Interview: 10/03/18 verbal pass and fingerprinted

SI NOR: 10/04/18

2nd e-Qip Rejection: 12/18/18 (corrected, re-submitted same day)

e-Qip Released to OPR: 12/18/18 pending

Comment

• Mkebdani
        Mkebdani commented
        Editing a comment
        I applied same time as you and still waiting for polygraph and drug test. I sent several email to the file manager and have not heard from her since November. Still at 38% as well

• Sspence861
        Sspence861 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m 18-11, waiting for a medical clear and a poly date

• Sspence861
        Sspence861 commented
        Editing a comment
        18-11 here, waiting for a green on my medical and a poly date.

• Aaronag12
        Aaronag12 commented
        Editing a comment
        18-10
        Eqip submitted 1/18
        Medical exam 1/19/18
        Fitness 1/19/18
        Structured interview 4/18/18
        Poly 5/18
        Met with BI 5/18
        Cass still shows 63%
        pending drug test, background investigation

• 17-9 here, trying not to complain. The hiring process for any law enforcement agency is long and arduous, especially an agency that is hiring thousands at a time. It is hard to have patience in this process but I know this job will be a lot better way of life than with the sheriffs office and eventually pays better. Waiting on the polygraph and hopefully hear something soon. Reading this thread has kept me focused on the long game, getting to hear everybody else’s process. Some get lucky and sneak through fast but most are on the same timeline. Keep your heads up everybody.

Comment

• bonds525
        bonds525 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m 17-8 just waiting for drug test to clear and I’m done

• Srhernza115
        Srhernza115 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree. It does get frustrating just biding time trying to see if you get any news. I think that sharing our experiences with one another has helped me mentally and given me more patience. I feel like I’m more than halfway there but at the same time so far away. Hopefully things move quick.

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        eurb- research Federal retirement- thrift savings (TSP) and then tell me county retirement is better. If you research on this more you will change youre mind. The plan is gold as long as you put in money every year and month.

• PFT1 tomorrow in DE
      Last edited by Briscora; 02-12-2019, 03:21 PM.

Comment

• Well , it looks like they updated some of the info on the CBP Poly FAQ info page this week... Seems like they've removed "IACADSCHEDULING" as the point of contact for the poly team, and now they're just directing everyone to the "CBP Applicant Contact Center" for questions... Of course though, any CBP Official you try and ask questions about the polygraph to says they "have nothing to do with the poly" and say you need to "talk with OPR/CAD for an update," which I'm 99% sure is the response I'll get. But then the real kicker is, it's absolutely impossible to get in contact with OPR/CAD.

So everybody really is flying blind when it comes to the poly step. If you're experiencing an incredibly long wait like me, you have no idea if you're just super unlucky and you're in the location with the longest waits in the country, or if your file slipped under somebody's desk months ago and they're never gonna get to you. You have no way changing your location, or asking if you can opt to travel to multiple locations to speed things up. There's absolutely no way to get in touch with anyone for an update to find out... It really doesn't make sense to me. Any other part of the process (eQip, Medical, Fitness, SI, etc.) all have specific points of contact that will get back to you within a few days at most with some type of an update. When it comes to the poly though, your literally at the mercy of the OPR gods...
        Last edited by N.N.; 02-12-2019, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• DP23
          DP23 commented
          Editing a comment
          They don't reply anyway so you're not missing anything there & the way these poly results have been going lately consider yourself lucky lol. Since the shutdown ended I've seen one passed poly, myself included although I've yet to receive results.

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          Apply to a new announcement.

• ian.gavin
          ian.gavin commented
          Editing a comment
          Just got an email back from the Applicant Contact Center. Just as I figured just a copy and paste standard reply when inquiring about my poly.

“Thank you for contacting the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Applicant Contact Center.

In response to your email inquiry regarding your polygraph examination, please note that the government shutdown caused a delay in receiving a response regarding applications and/or the next step(s) in the hiring process. However, now that the shutdown has ended, we are working diligently to process applications and support you through the hiring journey. We understand your concern regarding the fact that you have not received any information regarding your exam. However, it is completely normal for this step of the hiring process to take much longer than the other steps. We ask that you continue to monitor your email and/or the CBP Jobs Mobile App for further instruction regarding your polygraph examination. An examiner will contact you to schedule your exam”.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8069 users online. 414 members and 7655 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X