Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the call today! EOD June 16, FLETC July 1!

Apply CBPO 18-13 (Regular)

Written 09/14/2018 Pass
    EQIP to OPR 10/15/18
    SI 10/16/18 Pass
    Poly 12/11/18 Pass
    PFT1 11/06/18 Pass
    Med 10/15/18 Pass
    Drug 01/09/2019 Pass
    BI Meeting 01/03/2019
    BI-In progress (hasn’t changed in CASS)
    Onboarding paperwork rec’d/completed 1/28/2019
    Final Offer-02/07/2019
    EOD: 06/17/2019
    FLETC: 07/01/2019

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      It is. Before the shutdown we were at may. It that short amount of time it went to July. That is insane! Not cool

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      im not sure 100% but i think some job listing has a period of time on when they can go to the academy.

I only say this since quiet a few people who had applied and it took a long time got the call and all the "spots were filled" and they left a month later

I forgot his name but he got the call in October and left at the end of November, i got the call in November and my academy was is for April

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah they shouldn't push it last minute either. Hey you just cleared and you eod in 2 weeks. Good luck. People still need time to prep. My issue is people have been waiting forever and still waiting. Others get through in months. The more weeks go by the more classes fill. So even if they do expedite to the academy people are still waiting those months just to hear.

• ABP8S
      ABP8S commented
      Editing a comment
      WindyCityGuy that’s awesome man. I applied around the same time frame been waiting for poly for 3 months now sitting at 50%. Good luck and congrats!!

• Sent my investigator a email 9 days ago and this all i get, thats it

Comment

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      no news is good news from the investigator bro

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      True, also thinking about do a app for bpa too i thought i seen someone said the proces can move fast with two different agency apps

• CBPO Announcement 18-12

Poly completed and passed in August 2018... waiting for update on BI/Drug - one thing is for sure in this process you can't keep checking. I emailed about a week after shutdown ended... received immediate email saying my DOB was inaccurate on a previous app and to confirm... responded and then got an email back saying in Personnel Security Process... also got the email blast later on that evening that applications were continuing as scheduled following shutdown

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Did your medical ever clear after sending additional info?

• category631
      category631 commented
      Editing a comment
      N.N. after about 4 months of waiting I did contact a NY recruiter for CBP and they stated Poly wont be scheduled until it clears... I asked the Poly scheduler the same and they didn't have the info... my assumption is that it clears but we are not notified and word gets sent to Poly that its ok to schedule... I assume they are not going to incur the cost of a Poly when your medical is not going to clear

• Has any one between 18-1 to 18-8 had any progress on your additional medical review? If so, how long has it taken to clear? Over 3 months since the due date for me at this point.

Comment

• category631
      category631 commented
      Editing a comment
      It'll take sometime... as I mentioned above I submitted and never heard word back and randomly was emailed to schedule poly... best you can do is be patient

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Im VRA 40% my medical review was from 12/17-06/2018 its a long waiting game.

Ho33guy, to be honest most Police Departments wont touch you if you are currently facing depression. If it was in youre past i can see them picking you up but if it presently i dont.

• Luckyjack90
      Luckyjack90 commented
      Editing a comment
      douglasgene1 is your medical review start from when you turned in your addtional medical info or from when you took your intial medical appointment? Also what's your 40% for, if you dont mind me asking?

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      the medical review when they sent me the paperwork asking for additional paperwork/information.

My 40 is for lowerback, anxiety
      Last edited by douglasgene1; 02-12-2019, 03:32 PM.

• Today was my EOD and I just finished my first day at Dulles International Airport, if you have any questions about the first day here I can try and answer!

Comment

• cepstein93
      cepstein93 commented
      Editing a comment
      LMC It was very nice! My training officers are really happy to have new people coming onboard since apparently a whole bunch retired and such. Dress was business casual. Yes, 8 hour shifts for the entire two weeks of Pre-Academy. All the officers I met were very nice and a lot of them were in Post-Academy so they were offering good advice for the academy. Also got to meet the Port Director and a bunch of other supervisors. Overall great experience and very helpful when it came to on boarding information.

• HillbillyKY
      HillbillyKY commented
      Editing a comment
      What are you wearing day to day?

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      im just here Following the feed,.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      cepstein, were you a vra applicant?

• @-cepstein93. Where is your EOD? I am in preemplotment process for JFK

Comment

• cepstein93
      cepstein93 commented
      Editing a comment
      Dulles Internation Airport in Virginia

• So I re-certified my medical, very simple, it cleared the day after, now just waiting for drug test to clear and I’m done

Comment

• Luckyjack90
      Luckyjack90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Why and how did you recertifications your medical? Did you have to do additional medical?

• bonds525
      bonds525 commented
      Editing a comment
      Luckyjack90 they just email you the forms and you can email them back.
      They just ask if you have had any changes and that’s it, they clear it right away. No additional medical stuff unless there’s changes I’m guessing.

• 18-8 got a call today for my polygraph. Currently in NJ

Comment

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      good news, im 18-8 been waiting too...

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats... I'm 18-5 DH, been waiting since June to have mine scheduled...

• JPOL
      JPOL commented
      Editing a comment
      Im 18-8 too, took my SI the first week of September. I'm normal hire though. I live in NYC and hopefully I get NJ or Valley Stream or JFK for my poly. Also, you can get calls during the weekends? I thought they don't work on Sat/Sunday.

• Hopejoy
      Hopejoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck to you!

• It’s been over 3 weeks since my polygraph exam, and I have yet to receive my results. It currently says “pending” and “you’ll be notified of your results and application status by email. It has read this for a little over a week now.

Is it a good sign, bad sign, or is there any correlation at all between how long it takes to receive results after QC and pass/fail/inconclusive?

I’m patiently waiting, just curious. Thanks all!
    Last edited by logan94; 02-09-2019, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• DP23
      DP23 commented
      Editing a comment
      logan94 Mine still says pending as well. No news is good news, QC and/or adjudicators are reviewing it. I took my Wednesday & was told I didn't pass however I haven't received anything saying so. I'm starting to think my examiner was bluffing because he was trying to make me admit to something even though I was 100% truthful.

• otap21
      otap21 commented
      Editing a comment
      DP23 same thing happened to me! Still patiently waiting, it’s been a little over 2 weeks since the exam and still nothing. How about you? Any word?

• Double post...
    Last edited by DP23; 02-09-2019, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• Anyone else apply to the 19-5 announcement?

Comment

• I got the call before the shutdown and was told to choose between Border Patrol or OFO. I chose OFO due to the many locations offered. Pay for both Jobs is better than my LEO position now. I chose OFO at Dulles Airport. The second day after the shutdown ended I got a call from training. I am supposed to start May 1-15 at Dulles and then the academy on the 16th.

Hang in there guys! I applied back in late 2017. Got hung up for 4 months on the medical. It will sit at 38% until it clears so dont get discourage. After that I took the polygraph which lasted about 2 hours. Got contacted by my background investigator about a week after that. He completed my background I'm four days and withing 28 days I got clearance. They schedule the drug test as soon as it clears. I got the call while I was at the facility doing the drug test.

Looking forward to new career. My fiance applied in November and she has passed the interview, medical, and fitness test all before the shutdown. She is waiting for the poly now. So for those of you you have just applied, things appear to be moving quick. Good luck to all.

PM me if you have any questions.
        -Best Regards, D. Brown

Comment

• bonds525
          bonds525 commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha yea man, I re certified my medical
          And I just put I’m 100% even tho I did get injured at work and stuff but not worth going through additional waiting. I passed the BPA test in November but I guess my transcripts where bad or something so they DQ me lol, hopefully I get the call this week

• LMC
          LMC commented
          Editing a comment
          bonds525 what do you mean by transcripts were bad?

• bonds525
          bonds525 commented
          Editing a comment
          LMC when you apply on USA jobs
          You attach your resume and transcripts if you have any from school
          I attached the ones from my cbpo app and I guess where missing info

• LMC
          LMC commented
          Editing a comment
          bonds525 got it. thanks dude.

• Anyone else starting FLETC July 1?

Comment

• E1420
          E1420 commented
          Editing a comment
          I do , eod to Laredo tx 6/17.

• Applied for both BPA DH 18-11 and CBPO 19-1, completed all steps up to polygraph in October.

Comment

• I have received my final offer and dates! I will be going to Dulles, VA for my duty station. I EOD June 24th and FLETC July 11. I am currently federal law enforcement now and have been to FLETC before, but ready to go back!

Quick question for anyone working now....... What are opportunities to become a K-9 unit. I know the school for it is in VA, but curious what options are to become one.

Comment

• klocklear86
            klocklear86 commented
            Editing a comment
            What app are you? I was 18-6 DH and now I am 19-2 regular. Just waiting on my background to clear. Also, I am in federal law enforcement.

• HillbillyKY
            HillbillyKY commented
            Editing a comment
            Originally 17-11, but put a new GS9 app in and got picked up as the 9. I entered under a provisional clearance.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5053 users online. 249 members and 4804 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X