Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else wonder if there is a 3rd party into the hiring process that delays it? Im only 6 months in and 50% completed (which I guess is considered fast), but I do feel like they are prolonging this process when they say they need people.

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      There was a 3rd party contractor (Accenture) involved in the process for awhile. They were supposed to help expedite things, but reports came out a few months back that CBP paid them over $13 million last year and they only helped produce 2 hires. Supposedly they've pulled back their involvement since that was uncovered.

The hiring process' biggest problem is simply inconsistency. Some people are seemingly pushed through, and go start to finish within 4 or 5 months, which shows it can be done quickly. But then others of us are sitting around for years waiting to EOD. For example, I'm at 50% just like you, but I've been in the process for 12, going on 13 months. Some people get the call for their poly as they're walking out the door from their SI. I, for example, having been waiting 8 months and counting. Obviously there's going to be a range of people who take shorter or longer, and there's a lot of variables in play (location, delays in certain steps, etc.). That being said, the range shouldn't be so dramatic as 4-5 months all the way to 2+ years. Tbh, I think it really all boils down to how proactive each person that handles your file is.

• Mkebdani
      Mkebdani commented
      Editing a comment
      Totally agree. The shortage of cbp officers is all over media outlets and yet the are making it difficult.

• Anyone else wonder if there is a 3rd party into the hiring process that delays it? Im only 6 months in and 50% completed (which I guess is considered fast), but I do feel like they are prolonging this process when they say they need people.

Comment

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't try to make sense of the process...you will just go insane trying to figure it out

• NYJRM10
      NYJRM10 commented
      Editing a comment
      From what I understand, most of the hiring process is "third-party" with the exception of the SI and Poly. The delays I have seen in my experiences have been in the dissemination of the third party information to the MHC and then the processing time for the MHC to sign off on said info. But yea, it's the Federal government. Don't try to make sense of the "process". My first application in 2014 took 18 months to get to the Poly phase and I didn't have any issues with med or psych while others who I applied with flew through the process.

• I just took my SI. Was nervous when answering the questions but got through them. I was straight forward and added details, I never changed my answer and stuck with it.

Did fingerprinting which took almost an hour since their system was having problems. I ended up chatting with the officers about CBP and their history etc. cracked a few jokes here and there with them.

I’m a bit worried if I did bad on the SI. I got no verbal pass and they said I’ll hear back from the hiring center through e-mail. I’m guessing I’ll receive the NOR tomorrow? I was reading some people got a verbal pass right after the SI which made me think I failed.

There was no right or wrong answer correct? They’re testing if you’ll doubt yourself and change your answer? I tend to overthink interviews in general and thinking how I could of answered it better etc.

Crossing my fingers I did fine.

Recieved an email to schedule my PFT-1 (today) 02/06/19
    SI today 02/06/19
    Medical scheduled for 02/11/19
    Last edited by SPX; 02-06-2019, 11:31 PM.

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Don’t worry, the SI is intimidating, but I believe something like 98-99% of people pass. Unless you say something really stupid, or have a panic attack and don’t say anything at all, you’re usually fine lol.

• LivFreer
      LivFreer commented
      Editing a comment
      SPX Congrats on your progress!

• MrAce
      MrAce commented
      Editing a comment
      The people conducting the SI don’t show much emotion weather you are answering correct or not. After mine they told me to take a seat out there and I will be receiving a notification in a week or so. The. Another officer walked up and said I passed and to come do finger prints. Rule of thumb, if they do finger prints directly after it means you passed.

• Originally posted by O_rod86 View Post
    Hey guys.. Finally some progress!
    Does anyone know if we’re able to eod (port) at the same location we choose, or does it have to be at our current hometown?
    18-2 Announcement GS-9
    11/22/17 - Applied
    12/15/17 NOR of vacancy
    12/28/17 - Medical Exam
    1/26/17 - PFT 1
    1/30/18 - eQIP released to OPR
    3/8/18 - SI/Fingerprints
    3/9/18 - SI NOR
    5/18/18 - Polygraph - Valley Stream
    5/29/18 Contacted to continue Poly
    6/7/18 Continuation poly - DC
    6/18/18 - Polygraph NOR
    7/19/18 - eQip released again
    7/30/18 - Received cards to redue Fingerprints
    8/7/18 - Fingerprints received
    8/10/18 - Background started
    10/30/18 - BI Met with Coworkers
    11/14/18 - Met with investigator
    11/26/18 BI spoke with references
    2/6/19- Background Cleared
    ?- Drug Test
    ?- Referred to TSU
    BAckground cleared 2/5/19 drug test 2/7/19 . Expect a phone call soon

Comment

• bonds525
      bonds525 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sweet, my background cleared Saturday and I went to LA for my drug test today

• O_rod86
      O_rod86 commented
      Editing a comment
      So they contacted you the day after it cleared to schedule for the test ? bonds525
      Last edited by O_rod86; 02-07-2019, 12:14 AM.

• bonds525
      bonds525 commented
      Editing a comment
      O_rod86 they call you like a day or two before and you have like a day and a half to get it done, can’t reschedule, and they chose a contracted location closest to you, for me it was an hour away.

• O_rod86
      O_rod86 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok cool. Thanks .. patiently waiting for the call! It’s good to see ppl are seeing some progress.

• Has anyone completed PFT-1 test for 19-2

Comment

• Briscora
      Briscora commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine is scheduled for the 13th

• javi87
      javi87 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m 19-2. I completed my PFT1, SI and medical all by 1/7/19. Just waiting for my eQIP (which I submitted back in December 2018), BI, poly and drug test.

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope applied long before that. Still waiting and waiting and waiting.

• cbradshaw310
      cbradshaw310 commented
      Editing a comment
      Im 19-3 and have completed my SI(passed), EQIP(not cleared yet), Medical(not cleared yet) and my PFT1 is scheduled for 2/19.

• 18-9.........waiting..........waiting................ waiting............oh is that the poly scheduling email? oh it's not........... waiting......... waiting...... waiting..........

Comment

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 yeah but at least you arent waiting on Poly dude,

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      No your right. Just waiting 9 months on bi.

• raudy06
      raudy06 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal29 9 months? didnt you finish you BI like in September?

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      My bi started in may completed in September. I've been sitting at 63% since may.

• javi87 how was the PFT1 fitness test for you is there a certain. Score to achieve

Comment

• TheSlammer
      TheSlammer commented
      Editing a comment
      What I plan on doing is trying to hit the PFT2 as close as possible before the PFT1. Im not much of a runner, but gotta start somewhere.

• V_AntCBP
      V_AntCBP commented
      Editing a comment
      javi87, holymoly, how did you do 50pu/38su and still passed the steps? were you in the Seal or Special Forces or something? You are Rambo man, I did 14pu, 21su, and barely passed the steps.... smh....
      Last edited by V_AntCBP; 02-08-2019, 10:26 AM.

• javi87
      javi87 commented
      Editing a comment
      V_AntCBP Prior service from one branch and currently serving reserves in another branch:

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      the guy told me to stop, he told me "you dont get extra credit so stop" hahah

• Thanks for the info. How hard is this 5 min step test I know that it takes the wind out of you the first time practicing it. I will practice some more. I figure if I can complete 5 min step test at 16 inch step the 12 inch step should be a bit easier

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      It's not horrible, it's just a weird movement more than anything if you're not used to it. Practice is definitely the best prep, there's a cadence video on Youtube that's very helpful.

• TheSlammer
      TheSlammer commented
      Editing a comment
      My problem is fibding a 12" step. I have a 6" but thats it.

• merlin436
      merlin436 commented
      Editing a comment
      Go to the building supply store and pick up 2-3 6 inch concrete blocks. Place them under your 6 inch step. Problem solved.

• Got the call today! EOD June 16, FLETC July 1!

Apply CBPO 18-13 (Regular)

Written 09/14/2018 Pass
    EQIP to OPR 10/15/18
    SI 10/16/18 Pass
    Poly 12/11/18 Pass
    PFT1 11/06/18 Pass
    Med 10/15/18 Pass
    Drug 01/09/2019 Pass
    BI Meeting 01/03/2019
    BI-In progress (hasn’t changed in CASS)
    Onboarding paperwork rec’d/completed 1/28/2019
    Final Offer-02/07/2019
    EOD: 06/17/2019
    FLETC: 07/01/2019

Comment

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      It is. Before the shutdown we were at may. It that short amount of time it went to July. That is insane! Not cool

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      im not sure 100% but i think some job listing has a period of time on when they can go to the academy.

I only say this since quiet a few people who had applied and it took a long time got the call and all the "spots were filled" and they left a month later

I forgot his name but he got the call in October and left at the end of November, i got the call in November and my academy was is for April

• Hal29
      Hal29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah they shouldn't push it last minute either. Hey you just cleared and you eod in 2 weeks. Good luck. People still need time to prep. My issue is people have been waiting forever and still waiting. Others get through in months. The more weeks go by the more classes fill. So even if they do expedite to the academy people are still waiting those months just to hear.

• ABP8S
      ABP8S commented
      Editing a comment
      WindyCityGuy that’s awesome man. I applied around the same time frame been waiting for poly for 3 months now sitting at 50%. Good luck and congrats!!

• Sent my investigator a email 9 days ago and this all i get, thats it

Comment

• Evolution81
      Evolution81 commented
      Editing a comment
      no news is good news from the investigator bro

• Hou33guy
      Hou33guy commented
      Editing a comment
      True, also thinking about do a app for bpa too i thought i seen someone said the proces can move fast with two different agency apps

• CBPO Announcement 18-12

Poly completed and passed in August 2018... waiting for update on BI/Drug - one thing is for sure in this process you can't keep checking. I emailed about a week after shutdown ended... received immediate email saying my DOB was inaccurate on a previous app and to confirm... responded and then got an email back saying in Personnel Security Process... also got the email blast later on that evening that applications were continuing as scheduled following shutdown
    CBPO 17-11
    Application Close Dates: 9/30/2017
    Examination: 10/4/2017
    Notice of Result: 10/5/2017 – Passed
    Notice of Pre-Employment 10/25/2017
    e-QIP Submitted: 11/07/2018
    Medical Exam: 11/8/2018
    Fitness Exam: 11/8/2017 – Passed
    e-QIP Released to OPR: 1/11/2018
    Structured Interview: 2/22/2018
    Structured Interview Passed: 02/23/2018
    Additional Medical Submitted: 05/11/2018
    Polygraph: 07/12/2018 - Verbal Pass
    Background Investigation: In Process
    Drug Test: Scheduling in Progress
    Final Offer: Pending

Comment

• N.N.
      N.N. commented
      Editing a comment
      Did your medical ever clear after sending additional info?

• category631
      category631 commented
      Editing a comment
      N.N. after about 4 months of waiting I did contact a NY recruiter for CBP and they stated Poly wont be scheduled until it clears... I asked the Poly scheduler the same and they didn't have the info... my assumption is that it clears but we are not notified and word gets sent to Poly that its ok to schedule... I assume they are not going to incur the cost of a Poly when your medical is not going to clear

• Has any one between 18-1 to 18-8 had any progress on your additional medical review? If so, how long has it taken to clear? Over 3 months since the due date for me at this point.

Comment

• category631
      category631 commented
      Editing a comment
      It'll take sometime... as I mentioned above I submitted and never heard word back and randomly was emailed to schedule poly... best you can do is be patient

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Im VRA 40% my medical review was from 12/17-06/2018 its a long waiting game.

Ho33guy, to be honest most Police Departments wont touch you if you are currently facing depression. If it was in youre past i can see them picking you up but if it presently i dont.

• Luckyjack90
      Luckyjack90 commented
      Editing a comment
      douglasgene1 is your medical review start from when you turned in your addtional medical info or from when you took your intial medical appointment? Also what's your 40% for, if you dont mind me asking?

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      the medical review when they sent me the paperwork asking for additional paperwork/information.

My 40 is for lowerback, anxiety
      Last edited by douglasgene1; 02-12-2019, 03:32 PM.

• Today was my EOD and I just finished my first day at Dulles International Airport, if you have any questions about the first day here I can try and answer!

Comment

• cepstein93
      cepstein93 commented
      Editing a comment
      LMC It was very nice! My training officers are really happy to have new people coming onboard since apparently a whole bunch retired and such. Dress was business casual. Yes, 8 hour shifts for the entire two weeks of Pre-Academy. All the officers I met were very nice and a lot of them were in Post-Academy so they were offering good advice for the academy. Also got to meet the Port Director and a bunch of other supervisors. Overall great experience and very helpful when it came to on boarding information.

• HillbillyKY
      HillbillyKY commented
      Editing a comment
      What are you wearing day to day?

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      im just here Following the feed,.

• douglasgene1
      douglasgene1 commented
      Editing a comment
      cepstein, were you a vra applicant?

• @-cepstein93. Where is your EOD? I am in preemplotment process for JFK

Comment

• cepstein93
      cepstein93 commented
      Editing a comment
      Dulles Internation Airport in Virginia

• So I re-certified my medical, very simple, it cleared the day after, now just waiting for drug test to clear and I’m done

Comment

• Luckyjack90
      Luckyjack90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Why and how did you recertifications your medical? Did you have to do additional medical?

• bonds525
      bonds525 commented
      Editing a comment
      Luckyjack90 they just email you the forms and you can email them back.
      They just ask if you have had any changes and that’s it, they clear it right away. No additional medical stuff unless there’s changes I’m guessing.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8546 users online. 363 members and 8183 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X