Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KevinMO91 Yes I took the drug already but still haven’t heard from anyone no calls or emails.

Comment

• To those who had their poly waiver approved, what was the wait time from submission to approval? With all the backlog, I imagine an opportunity to speed up the process by reviewing a waiver would be snatched up. I am going on two months after my submission. Is there a specific OPR email/phone number for this? I could bug my E-Qip case manager, but I thought polygraphs were handled by OPR.

Timeline:
      06/21/18 Applied (18-10)
      06/30/18 Entrance exam
      07/13/18 NOR
      07/31/18 E-Qip submitted
      08/06/18 Medical/Fitness
      09/04/18 SI
      09/05/18 SI NOR
      10/18/18 E-Qip rejected (update info on grandparents)
      10/18/18 E-Qip resubmitted
      11/30/18 E-Qip released to OPR
      12/01/18 Poly waiver sent to E-Qip team
      XX/XX/XX Poly
      XX/XX/XX BI
      XX/XX/XX Drug test
      XX/XX/XX Final offer
      Last edited by CAL0231; 02-04-2019, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• amgclass
        amgclass commented
        Editing a comment
        Mine took almost 10 weeks from the submission to OPR through the Hiring Center to the receipt of the approval email. And yes, OPR handles the poly waiver but the final outcome will be notified to you by the Hiring Center. I would just keep waiting for the final outcome but if you really need the email address for the specific office that handles the poly waiver, your BI case manager should be able to provide it to you or you may PM me.

• CAL0231
        CAL0231 commented
        Editing a comment
        amgclass,

Awesome, thank you. Do you mind telling me the rough dates that happened?

• Any else still waiting that's from 2017?

ORINGINAL CBPO 18-1
      CURRENT CBPO 18-3
      Application Close Dates: 12/31/2017
      Notice of Pre-Employment 10/25/2017
      e-QIP Submitted: 11/?/2017
      Medical Exam: 11/?/2017-Passed
      Fitness Exam: 12/20/2017 – Passed
      e-QIP Released to OPR: ??? (don't remember date)
      Structured Interview: 5/17/2018
      Structured Interview Passed: 05/19/2018
      Polygraph: Pending
      Background Investigation: In Process
      Drug Test: Scheduling in Progress
      Final Offer: Pending

Comment

• dannyboy33
        dannyboy33 commented
        Editing a comment
        Elgin_87 - I guess I am ahead of you ironically. I took my Polygraph in late August 2018 but didn't get an email confirmation that I passed until late September 2018.

• eikichi10
        eikichi10 commented
        Editing a comment
        17-10 gs-9 here, @63% waiting on drug test and bi to clear

• raudy06
        raudy06 commented
        Editing a comment
        18-3 HERE, Applied in December 2017, sitting at 63%, Bi finished in November 27, waiting for it to clear and drug test, two months into waiting for clearance now, 13 months in overall.

• kli0211
        kli0211 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I’m 18-2 just waiting on BI

• Just curious, has anyone really seen any progress since the shutdown ended? I know they've been sending out the robo-emails to everyone saying "your application's still active," but haven't seen many people actually moving forward over the past couple weeks... Kind of makes you wonder if the hiring folks are just twiddling their thumbs waiting to see if another shutdown is going to happen or not.

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Well I'm kind of at the end. I'm waiting on adjudication. I waited 16 months or so. I can wait a little longer. Appreciate it though.

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        HAL29 you did get dealt a crappy hand, however you are almost there lol

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Douglas you sure right...lol. But it will give me more time to train and prepare.

• DP23
        DP23 commented
        Editing a comment
        N.N. I didn't mean to start anything I just thought it may have been an option if you feel like things are moving too slow.

• Just got called for my drug test tomorrow, things are moving along following my cleared background last Saturday.

Comment

• bonds525
        bonds525 commented
        Editing a comment
        Evolution81 haha yup I’m probably the one that’s been in it the longest, your time will come lol

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        did you have to redo medical/fitness?

• bonds525
        bonds525 commented
        Editing a comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Evolution I think we should be good. I think we will hear soon. At least by the end of the month. I have a feeling.

• Originally posted by bonds525 View Post
      Just got called for my drug test tomorrow, things are moving along following my cleared background last Saturday.
      It took 4-5 months for BI to clear since you applied or since you took your poly?

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        2017 or 2018 bonds? That is a long time if it was 2017.

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        did you have any nopas bonds?

• bonds525
        bonds525 commented
        Editing a comment
        2018* correction

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        I took my 2nd poly back in May. We are almost identical I our timeline. My bi meeting was on the 4th day of September. I know evolution and I have been here a minute as well.

• Just got an email to schedule my fitness exam. Im 19-2 GS5

Comment

• fonzi7979
        fonzi7979 commented
        Editing a comment
        Me too for JFK I received email about fitness test 19-2 GS5/7.

• LMC
        LMC commented
        Editing a comment
        @fonzi7979

Hello Fonzi,

Quick question. Did you get to choose JFK after you passed your entrance exam? Or how does the duty location go about?

also, good luck on the rest of the process.

• douglasgene1
        douglasgene1 commented
        Editing a comment
        LMC- you wont get to choose a duty location until the last step, you will get the call "The Call". The CBP/BPA will say we have these locations available, then you can ask them for certain areas and they will tell you yes or no.

• LMC
        LMC commented
        Editing a comment
        douglasgene1- Appreciate the info.

• LMC Ive completed everything except background. Background still reads in progress.

Comment

• LMC
        LMC commented
        Editing a comment
        awesome. you are so close.

Do you know which duty location you will be at?

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        You've taken drug test?

• Hello Folks. I am a 19-3 applicant here. This is my second attempt at becoming a CBPO. I last applied in 2014 and sailed through the entire process until the polygraph at which point I was told I failed and that ended my process. I've passed all other law enforcement polygraphs I have taken without issue and am currently working for a local Sheriff's department as a deputy. I'm at the tail end of my 30's so this is my last shot as 40 seems to be the maximum to EOD.

I've completed my entrance exam (93), medical, Equip and have have my SI scheduled for next week (my last application included the now removed VBT). Last time I had to complete the medical and PFT-1 same day but now I am told that they are intentionally separated. Hopefully I get an email to schedule the PFT soon. Things slow down quite a bit (for most) when poly is the next step. My last application was active for 16 months (no medical, psych issues or waivers) before I took the poly so I have to assume that had I passed the poly I would have been 24+ months start-finish. Good luck to everyone in the process and remember this is a marathon not a race.

Comment

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you serious? What the....

• DP23
        DP23 commented
        Editing a comment
        @Evolution Lol I heard of that, hopefully that's better than the expedited hiring expos that bottlenecked the process right at the poly.

• Hal29
        Hal29 commented
        Editing a comment
        I just don't know why you would expedite new applicants while you still have current applicants waiting to get through. Your cramming to much into an already backed up process.

• Evolution81
        Evolution81 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah supposedly it's a recruiter sent link...smfh..LOL..feds never ceases to amaze me...gotta wait till my background clears to take a pee test...that can take 6 weeks or a year...my last background I was almost off probation when I got called for my subject interview..lol

• LMC Hal29 Yes I’ve taken the drug test already back in September. At this point since my background still says “in progress” Indont really know if that means they haven’t made a decision yet.

Comment

• 19-1 DH sitting at 38%. I was previously 18-6 but I got medically disqualified (after sending them additional info after the initial exam) because of my uncorrected vision (I passed everything else in medical though). When I reapplied in October for 19-1, I retook the entrance exam, and my SI and pft1 transferred. CASS says that my medical (the same medical that got me disqualified) transferred and is being reviewed. Do you think I will have to redo the entire medical process or will I only have to redo the part that I failed? I failed because of my uncorrected vision, but I have gotten LASIK surgery and my vision is completely fixed now.

Comment

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          May have you redo medical or at least the eye exam portion.

• To anyone that will like to share about the physical fitness test it will be greatly appreciated. I am scheduled to take PFT1 test at JFK for 19-2. Has anyone completed it. What did it consist of and how difficult is it for someone to pass the test?

Thanks

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          fonzi7979 depend how fit you are, but 12 pushups and 20 sit ups in 1 min, 120 steps per min for 5 mins. For me, the steps test was hardest. I barely passed, another 30sec I would fail. I was out of shape and it took me about 1 month to train for it. My tips would be just perform enough to pass, don't need to be rambo and over perform even if you can, save your energy for the steps test. Because all the tests are back to back none stop. Now, if you happen to fail, they will give you a second chance before dropping your application, take about 4-6 weeks to reschedule for 2nd chance

• Hal29
          Hal29 commented
          Editing a comment
          If your in decent shape it isn't to bad. The step test is cadence. Get your rhythm down, work on cardio and leg strength. 5 minutes at that pace seems like forever. Should be fine if you train for it.

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          There's a good youtube video that helps practice with the cadence. I believe you can just search "border patrol step test" and it pops up.

• To V and Hal thank you for the insight I figure that step test would be the toughest I practiced a few times and 5 min feels like eternity especially when the speaker talking to you.

I am assuning if you stick to the rhythm rhythm to the best of your ability and make it through the 5 min a person should be okay.

Thank you

Comment

• d2ep
          d2ep commented
          Editing a comment
          There is an app called metronome which you can download and use that.

• douglasgene1
          douglasgene1 commented
          Editing a comment
          for five minutes i had to whisper up..up..down..down to help me keep the right steps. also use the balls of you're feet..dont flat foot it

• Hey guys, question for those of you who completed your SI and poly.

I just got scheduled for my Structured Interview, the e-mail says that my polygraph will be scheduled the "next day" after the interview. I was just wondering if it really works out like this or if it is a generic e-mail and they schedule it further out. Will the poly literally be the next day? Just need to know so I can take off work if need be, I just don't want to waste a day of leave for nothing.

If it matters I am GS-9 VRA 18-13

Comment

• V_AntCBP
          V_AntCBP commented
          Editing a comment
          I've seen people took poly a day after SI before. So you are probably the lucky one... Also you are a VRA, so its probably true. You may need to confirm the day and time with them to be 100% sure though Achyuta

• N.N.
          N.N. commented
          Editing a comment
          V_Ant is right, it's happened before, although it's rare. For what it's worth, I was told to expect to hear something on the poly 2-3 months after SI. I'm at 8 months now and nothing...

• Mkebdani
          Mkebdani commented
          Editing a comment
          I interviewed in September 2018 and have not yet get a polygraph nor the drug test. I honestly dont even know where I am at now. Sent several emails to Hr and only got automated responses. Can anyone guide please? Here is additional info:

App: 8/28/18
          Eqip : 9/4/18
          SI: 9/25/18
          Physical: 10/11/18
          fitness: 10/19/18

• Hey guys.. Finally some progress!
        Does anyone know if we’re able to eod (port) at the same location we choose, or does it have to be at our current hometown?
        18-2 Announcement GS-9
        11/22/17 - Applied
        12/15/17 NOR of vacancy
        12/28/17 - Medical Exam
        1/26/17 - PFT 1
        1/30/18 - eQIP released to OPR
        3/8/18 - SI/Fingerprints
        3/9/18 - SI NOR
        5/18/18 - Polygraph - Valley Stream
        5/29/18 Contacted to continue Poly
        6/7/18 Continuation poly - DC
        6/18/18 - Polygraph NOR
        7/19/18 - eQip released again
        7/30/18 - Received cards to redue Fingerprints
        8/7/18 - Fingerprints received
        8/10/18 - Background started
        10/30/18 - BI Met with Coworkers
        11/14/18 - Met with investigator
        11/26/18 BI spoke with references
        2/6/19 - Background Cleared
        2/13/19 - Drug Test & received Self Medical email
        2/14/19 - Received email Re-Cleared medically
        2/19/19- Referred to TSU
        Last edited by O_rod86; 02-19-2019, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• mobyfish
          mobyfish commented
          Editing a comment
          You EOD at your duty location you selected when they called with the offer.

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          wow, although each background is different, seeing your timeline makes me excited, because im 18-3 and my background concluded on 11/27/18. so Im just waiting for it to clear. and i have seen more and more folks from the late 17 announcements get their clearance so they almost reaching the early 18's and your is a proof.

• raudy06
          raudy06 commented
          Editing a comment
          question, did it just clear on cass or you got an email? O_rod86

• O_rod86
          O_rod86 commented
          Editing a comment
          raudy06 it updated on cass. I was contacted by email on Monday to verify some info, then I asked approx how long I would hear back.. Lady told me that she planned on submitting my file by the end of business day.
          and i think my background was submitted late December.
          Last edited by O_rod86; 02-06-2019, 08:48 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5197 users online. 200 members and 4997 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X